Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #91
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I love the "kissing Minnie" pic, but I like the one where he sees Mickey for the first time just as much. What emotion on his face! Those moments are the reasons that we obsessively plan these trips. I'm so glad you had a "moment".
Thank you. You're right, seeing that joy is what it's all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a sweet looking bunch of kids! You are so blessed!

I love the room presents secret mission. I'm sure those treats were a big hit!
Ah, thanks MeMom. I do feel blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Just call me late to the party.
Hello Late to the Party. Glad to have you here!!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #92
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I just love the gift bag idea! I can't wait to see how the kids reacted!

I did not know that about Chef Mickey's being considered an outdoor restaurant -- I guess it makes sense though.

Great pictures -- I just love Ian's excitement over meeting Mickey and the one where he is giving Minnie a kiss is just precious!
The gift bags were so much fun to put together. Surprises in next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotanmanandraerae View Post
Just joining in!! We will be at Beach Club in 13 days! Can't wait to drive under the Holy Grail sign! Great report so far!
Welcome, welcome!! 13 days? I'm so excited for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Subbing

Great start so far.
Thanks for joining.
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #93
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Ooooh, Ooooh I cant wait to see the surprises.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #94
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Hi Minnie! Surprises coming soon. Hope you had a great 4th. Your trip is coming so soon!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #95
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

Great update!

I love the picture of your daughter holding her eye. They really ought to give warnings before having kids swing those napkins around. Our youngest managed to swing her napkin right into in ketchup. That was neat.

I have a question. I'm not properly schooled on all the abbreviations you used. BC is beach club, right? What is SAB? It sounds like a mini water park at your resort? Is that at the BC?

Can't wait for your first full day! And the reaction from your kids to their gifts!

Carissa
Old 07-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #96
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Hi Carissa.Yea, Amelia nailed herself in the eye and the room got to see my arm flab swinging with my napkin. Neat indeed.

Yes, BC is Beach Club and SAB is Storm Along Bay, the pool that's shared by BC and YC. It covers 3 acres, I believe, and really is like a mini water park. We loved it there.

Last edited by cjackearl; 07-06-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #97
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!!I'm really enjoying reading your TR!!Love the pictures of the Beach Club!! I want to stay there someday. We love Chef Mickey's, it is so much fun!! The picture of your son and Minnie is too cute!! Looking forward to reading more...
Old 07-06-2009, 08:35 AM   #98
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww I loved your update !! It sounds like the kids had a blast swimming at the pool and dinner at Chef Mickey's loved the interaction with the kids!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #99
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys had fun at Chef Mickeys!! We visited for the first time this year and enjoyed it a lot. I think it would be the perfect way to kick off your trip! That was my original plan - first night at Chef Mickeys - but I just couldn't make it work.

I can't wait to see your pictures from SAB! Yes - DH & I had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse in 2007 and it was yummy!! SAB was one of the reasons I fell in love with the Beach Club!!

Can't wait to see the surprises too!!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #100
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Joining in!!!I'm really enjoying reading your TR!!Love the pictures of the Beach Club!! I want to stay there someday. We love Chef Mickey's, it is so much fun!! The picture of your son and Minnie is too cute!! Looking forward to reading more...
Welcome, welcome!! Thank you for joining in. I'm hoping to get the next update posted tomorrow, er today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww I loved your update !! It sounds like the kids had a blast swimming at the pool and dinner at Chef Mickey's loved the interaction with the kids!!!!
Yes, SAB and Chef Mickey's were a perfect way to spend our first Disney afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Looks like you guys had fun at Chef Mickeys!! We visited for the first time this year and enjoyed it a lot. I think it would be the perfect way to kick off your trip! That was my original plan - first night at Chef Mickeys - but I just couldn't make it work.

I can't wait to see your pictures from SAB! Yes - DH & I had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse in 2007 and it was yummy!! SAB was one of the reasons I fell in love with the Beach Club!!

Can't wait to see the surprises too!!
Chef Mickey's was a great first night's meal. Next post should be up tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #101
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Swimming with the fishes and surprises in the room

Our bellies full and our spirits happy, we decided to spend a while in Epcot. Now, if we would have used Disney transportation to get to Chef Mickey’s, we would have taken the monorail to Epcot and then walked through the International Gateway back to the Beach Club. My kids were itching to ride the monorail, so we hopped on board, knowing we’d have to come back to the Contemporary to retrieve our car later. We unloaded at Epcot at around 7:30.

My Epcot plan? Knock off a few of the more “minor” attractions and take in the ambiance. So, if you’re walking into Epcot with no major rides to rush to, what’s the first attraction your group sees and want to ride? Yep, Spaceship Earth. Once Ian heard that the golf ball ride was a spaceship, he was all over it. We walked right on, Maddy and Ian in the first car, then Amelia and I, and then George. We all enjoyed it, especially seeing our futures at the end, which we all found hysterical. It’s just cool knowing you’re in “the golf ball”, ya know? Madeline, my thrill ride junkie, couldn’t wait to ride something thrilling, so George went to see if any FP for Test Track were left or how long the standby line was. The kids and I headed to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. George met us out in front momentarily without fast passes. They were all gone and the standby wait was listed as 50 minutes. Um, no way. We’d save TT for our next Epcot day. We all walked into the super fast moving que at the Nemo ride in the clam mobiles, not sure the name of this one, Nemo and Friends? We all thought this was cute. The ride unloaded into the aquarium and we spent some time checking out the exhibits. The sea turtles and manatees were awesome, and my very favorite sea creatures, sea horses, had a tank for me to watch.

Even Disney Magic can't keep siblings happy with each other all of the time.

When we finally exited, Illuminations was beginning so we hightailed it to the monorail. We did not want to get caught in the throngs following the end of the fireworks. We hopped on a monorail, switched at the TTC and caught another to the Contemporary where, if you recall, we’d left our car.

Back at the Beach Club we took the long stroll to our room and I made sure the kiddos entered first. Ok, true confession time. The pictures you are about to see are a reenactment, since I was so excited about the kids getting their surprises I didn’t think about taking any pictures. When they entered the room, this is what they saw:

This is a picture of some of the bags contents.

What the goody bags contained:
Plushie
Pin lanyard
8 pins, from a grab bag of 25 to trade
M&M tube of pressed penny money arranged 2 quarters 1 penny
Pressed penny book
$20 disney dollars
small fan
magic towel-fairies for girls and toy story for Ian
glow necklaces
refillable mug, not pictured for some reason

Oh my goodness, they were so excited! They were pulling things out and oohing and ahhing and smiling and talking all at the same time and it did my heart good to see my children, whom this trip was all about, so happy.

Up next: Our first full park day: Animal Kingdom and a delicious dinner with some giraffes

Last edited by cjackearl; 07-07-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #102
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful first night in Disney.

The bags sound like they were a hit! Lots of awesome goodies in there.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #103
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Christine! I've missed a few pages, but now I'm back and all caught up!

SAB sounds amazing. I'd love to be able to stay at BC one day, but I just don't see it fitting into our budget.

The gift bags were an awesome idea! I'm glad the kids enjoyed them! I've debated doing something similar on both of our trips, but the surprise factor is just so hard for me! I get so excited when I get things for the trip that the whole family knows! Keeping them a secret during the planning, packing, etc just would be so hard for me....I may have missed my window of opportunity anyway. Not sure when our next trip will be, but it may be a "just Jeff and Missy" trip, and if not, Dan will be at least 16. You did a fantastic job though. I'm sure it's something the kids will always remember!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pic of Ian kissing Minnie. Classic!

So Chef Mickey's has birds, huh? I was thinking I wanted to check it out, but I may be re-thinking! LOL!

The pic of Madeline (I think?) with the napkin is too cute. I love it when you can capture moments like that...makes for a great story in the scrapbook!

You finally made it to Epcot! YAY! The comment about Disney Magic not curing all sibling woes is too true....it definitely helps, but they ARE still siblings after all!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #104
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Cracking up over your picture of the kids in the shark with them looking less than happy and your renactment of the gift bags!

Hurray for the gift bag success!!! What a great first night at Epcot!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #105
ChristyBey
Earning My Ears

I'm really enjoying your TR - in fact, this is the first one I've ever subscribed to!! We head to WDW in 21 days and I CAN'T WAIT!! We will be going to Chef Mickey's for the first time ever. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it - my parents and sister have never been to WDW and it'll be our first TS meal. My boys (8,10) are looking forward to meeting Goofy, especially!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: