Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #706
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Awww, your chickens are so cute! I am trying to convince Marc that when we buy a house we should get chickens. He's not sold yet.

I love your final thoughts. Everything was well said. I think we all get that ache, that is why we are DISers! I have that ache and I'm going in January!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #707
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
What a lovely report... and yes, it's safe to say we all "get it!"
Keep on throwing those coins in that jar! Until next time...
Kathy
Thanks Kathy, its been nice having you along. Seeing that jar fill with coins gives me hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I totally loved reading your PTR and your TR and it has just been so much fun chatting with you along the way!!!! It is funny to make jokes with people you have never met but who have a common interest in a magical place

Thank you Happy! I've enjoyed the banter and the commiseration and the shared experiences so, so much. Gotta love the Dis!

(It really is a shared sickness, but I am trying to be warm and fuzzy here...)

Can you say group OCD?

ANYway, I enjoyed it!!! Looking forward to seeing your two cents in the future!!!
I'm not going anywhere! Someone has a whole pluthera of PTRs and TRs to keep me in my happy place for the next several months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I the chickens

Thanks, I love them too.

Final thoughts? WAH! I am so sad!!!! I know what you mean about not wanting your TR to end, it is so hard to let go. I can't wait to see your name on another PTR but look forwards to chatting with you on other PTR's in the meantime.
Your next PTR is not an if, it's a when

It was surprisingly hard. It felt a little like graduating from college and saying goodbye to all of my roomates. I'm so glad you've got a PTR going so I can come play over at your place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Final Thoughts?! Awww man, that means your TR is over.
In my area, all day kindergarten started this year. WAH! I'm so upset over this.

Full day k was supposed to be implemented last year in our district but I guess we needed another year to look at how the state funding would impact extended day kindergarten. I'm not thrilled either, but it looks like its pretty much a done deal.

I hope you get to go back to our happy place. I'll look forward to another TR!
Thanks, me too! In the mean time, you've got a trip coming up that I can live vicariously through.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #708
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Christine! Say it isn't so...your TR cannot be over!! I'm going to miss you and your beautiful family. Don't be a stranger!

You made me cry talking about how we can all FEEL how special Disney is. It's really true...I've always said you either GET Disney or you don't, and to share with those who really do is a very special thing.

I'd like to say I think your chickens are beautiful, but I just can't. Sorry! That pic of Ian holding one kinda freaks me out!! LOL! I really have issues!

Thanks for sharing your girls' thoughts on Crystal Palace. Maybe if I can ever convince Jeff to take me on a "just us" trip, that would be the time to do it. I'll let you know how that all works out..still working on it! I was hoping to go to celebrate my 40th in February, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I agree about the convenience of the DDP. Just not having to worry about paying for food and what we could and could not eat was well worth the cost for me. I now have 4 adults though....and Jonah will be 9 next month so I'm quickly approaching 5. YIKES! One thing I did want to ask...we went with the QSDP this time mainly because of the fact the tips were no longer included in the DDP. Did you find that to be an issue? Just curious!

Thanks so much for sharing this trip and your beautiful family with us. I miss you already!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #709
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I almost forgot....we went to the little country fair at my Gram's this past weekend. They always have tons of farm tractors on display. We have always found the illustrations on the warning signs to be humorous....now I think of you! Thought you would appreciate these!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #710
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad!

I loved your report! You did a fantastic job!

Again, thanks for sharing.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #711
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm sad your TR is over! I thoroughly enjoyed "experiencing" your trip through the Dis! It seems like y'all had a great time, and made some amazing memories. Here's to planning the next one!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 09-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #712
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
First-I absolutely love your chickens......-they are beautiful...I love that you're getting eggs from them...what a cool thing for the kids to be able to see/participate in--(-I had a little crush on a rooster myself this summer...)

The kids really are enjoying taking care of them and collecting the eggs. They insist that brown eggs taste so much better!

Second-thanks for letting me come along on your trip......I feel like I got to travel along with you and your lovely family...and get to know you...

I'm so glad that you came along.

When I first started seriously DISing this past year-It was really fun to get great trip ideas but what I didn't realize at the time was how you begin to get attached to people and look forward to their update...not just because you want to hear about their trip but because you also want to see how they doing personally...oh God...I'm getting all maudlin here...
Basically, I really enjoyed your wonderful TR and I'm going to miss reading updates...I hope that you will still be around and about so I know all is well with you, and here's to hoping that the change charge adds up quickly...
I know exactly what you mean, it was a big part of the reason I dragged my feet over ending this thing. I knew I would miss interacting with the readers that I had become attached to these last few months. Good thing you've got a TR for me to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Ohhh, I'm sad that it's time for your final thoughts. I thoroughly enjoyed joining you on your vacation and getting acquainted with you and your wonderful family.
It's great to be able to find a place the we can come and "get" each other and share our love for that magical place called Walt Disney World. The ache for me is quite strong at the moment as we head into fall. I hope your jar fills and plans can be made for a trip in the near future!
Thanks Anita. I so enjoy talking Disney with people who don't get a glazed over look in their eye or ask if Disney is like Cedar Point. I'm enjoying reading all about your trip this past summer and looking forward to hearing about Christmas at the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Oh man! I hate that your TR is coming to a close. I feel like we went through this together since we both wrote our PTRs at the same time and took our vacations at the same time. It makes it feel more real now that yours in ending.

I know! It felt very sad to me when some other TRs ended that had trips the same time as ours. Yours isn't quite over though, so I can be happy about that.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family with us. Your stories about them made me laugh and it makes me wonder what Dylan will be like when he is Ian's age. LOL I hope to have pictures of Dylan posing on the "red carpet" in a few years. Although I really hope that I never accidentally get into a car with a strange man as my whole family stares at me. I will let you have that special situation all to yourself.
Yea, I don't blame you. Dylan will be Ian's age in the blink of an eye. I can hardly believe my baby boy will be leaving his mommy for kindergarten next year. See you on your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Your chickens are just gorgeous!!! What kind are they?

Thank you, I think so. They're a cross between a Rode Island Red rooster and one of a few different species of white hen. They're referred to as a red sex linked chicken because at hatching the chicks can be sexed based on their coloring. We only wanted hens so we went with the red sex linked chicks and they're very sweet and lay brown eggs.

Not to mention being able to pack exactly what you want to bring -- that's one of the things I love about driving down there.

Yes, I forgot about that benefit. We were packed to the gills!

I am hoping they do a similar deal again next year -- it really was such a wonderful bargain!

From your mouth to Disney's ears....

You just can't beat the convenience of the dining plan, but I am with you -- now that Connor is ten, we may be rethinking it.

Is Connor an adventurous eater at all? Amelia wants everything that touches her lips to be plain, plain, plain. Unless her taste buds get an overhaul, I just don't know.

I so hope you are able to go back soon!

Thank you Jackie.Me too!!

Christina, I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report! Thank you so much for sharing your darling family and adventures with us!!! You better be planning on sticking around because I sure would miss you!
Oh, I'm so glad you hung around. I'm not going anywhere, I have too much fun getting to enjoy my favorite magical place in all of your PTRs and TRs.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #713
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awww, your chickens are so cute! I am trying to convince Marc that when we buy a house we should get chickens. He's not sold yet.

Good luck!

I love your final thoughts. Everything was well said. I think we all get that ache, that is why we are DISers! I have that ache and I'm going in January!
Yes, the Dis definitely helps with that ache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Good morning Christine! Say it isn't so...your TR cannot be over!! I'm going to miss you and your beautiful family. Don't be a stranger!

Aw, I feel the same way. Luckily, I still get to see your sweet family on a regular basis. I'm sticking around for sure.

You made me cry talking about how we can all FEEL how special Disney is. It's really true...I've always said you either GET Disney or you don't, and to share with those who really do is a very special thing.

Agreed.

I'd like to say I think your chickens are beautiful, but I just can't. Sorry! That pic of Ian holding one kinda freaks me out!! LOL! I really have issues!

I thought about you when I was posting, Missy! I took one face on close up that I didn't post because it would REALLY freak you out!

Thanks for sharing your girls' thoughts on Crystal Palace. Maybe if I can ever convince Jeff to take me on a "just us" trip, that would be the time to do it. I'll let you know how that all works out..still working on it! I was hoping to go to celebrate my 40th in February, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

You may be in WDW on your 40th? That would be very cool! I hope that comes together.

I agree about the convenience of the DDP. Just not having to worry about paying for food and what we could and could not eat was well worth the cost for me. I now have 4 adults though....and Jonah will be 9 next month so I'm quickly approaching 5. YIKES! One thing I did want to ask...we went with the QSDP this time mainly because of the fact the tips were no longer included in the DDP. Did you find that to be an issue? Just curious!

Not really an issue, but definitely a cost to be figured in. I took cash, a bunch of $1, $5, and $10, for tips. They did add up.

Thanks so much for sharing this trip and your beautiful family with us. I miss you already!
Aw, you're so sweet Miss Missy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I almost forgot....we went to the little country fair at my Gram's this past weekend. They always have tons of farm tractors on display. We have always found the illustrations on the warning signs to be humorous....now I think of you! Thought you would appreciate these!

Oh my heck, the things you have to tell people now adays!! Thanks for sharing those!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
I'm so sad!

I loved your report! You did a fantastic job!

Again, thanks for sharing.
I'm so, so glad you hopped aboard. Thanks for your kind words. I see you've got a trip coming up in the near future. Will you be writing a TR? PM me if you do and I'll be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm sad your TR is over! I thoroughly enjoyed "experiencing" your trip through the Dis! It seems like y'all had a great time, and made some amazing memories. Here's to planning the next one!!
We did have a wonderful time full of magical memories. I'm so grateful we got to experience this trip and then I got to experience it a second time through sharing it with all of you, so thank you!!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #714
dd50
DIS Veteran

Loved your trip report. Cute chickens my neighbor has two big chickens.

Loved your final thoughts. I did the DDP with one being 11 so 4 adults. I thought that it wasn't worth it to me because the 11 and 15 year old didn't really eat much of any thing except for the desserts. I don't think I will do it again and sometimes we weren't in the mood to eat but had a ressie to use.

Just keep putting your money in the jar and before you know it you will have more than enough for another trip.

18 hours in a car with three kids can't be that easy either. When mine were small my oldest went to college 12 hours away. They started asking after one hour if we are there yet.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #715
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Loved your trip report. Cute chickens my neighbor has two big chickens.

It surprised me how attached to them we became.

Loved your final thoughts. I did the DDP with one being 11 so 4 adults. I thought that it wasn't worth it to me because the 11 and 15 year old didn't really eat much of any thing except for the desserts. I don't think I will do it again and sometimes we weren't in the mood to eat but had a ressie to use.

When those kids become Disney adults the equation really changes, especially if they're picky or light eaters. Maddy ate sushi and banana leaf wrapped sustainable fish, etc. so I didn't mind paying adult prices for the DDP for her, but Amelia eats, well, next to nothing except pancakes and macaroni and cheese.

Just keep putting your money in the jar and before you know it you will have more than enough for another trip.

I hope so. I need a fix!!

18 hours in a car with three kids can't be that easy either. When mine were small my oldest went to college 12 hours away. They started asking after one hour if we are there yet.
Ugh, we got a little bit of that the second driving day, but it was surprisingly peaceful. 12 hours away?! I keep pitching all of the great schools in Michigan to my eldest hoping to have completely brainwashed her by the time she's ready for college.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #716
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Christine! It's always sad when a TR ends. But, we'll see you around the boards.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #717
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Christine! It's always sad when a TR ends. But, we'll see you around the boards.
I thoroughly enjoyed sharing.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #718
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your adventure with all of us Christine!! I know the ache you are feeling - I'm feeling it pretty bad right now...

Nice recap of your trip - I'm working on mine now & understand your procrastination in getting your report wrapped up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: