Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #151
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

It definitely looks hot, but still looks fun I can't believe there are empty Dinosaurs on Triceratop Spin. I guess that is what happens when you get there at open. I'm excited to hear about your dinner at Saana. I haven't read many reviews from there.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #152
stace208
DIS Veteran

What a great AK day! Those photo booth pictures are great-something a little different and special!

How was the safari in the afternoon? I had to manipulate Ridemax a little on our plan because it wanted us to go in the afternoon but I was worried that with as hot as it was there wouldn't be any animals out by afternoon.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #153
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I was very impressed with how friendly and efficient the CM at guest services was and we walked away with a brand new key card in a matter of minutes. Crisis averted, it was back to sitting in the sun and waiting for park opening. As an aside, the prodigal key was found later sitting on a nightstand.

Glad that went well...

Warning: fans and hair do NOT mix!

Ouch!!

The girls each insisted on their own. You can imagine how much we threw away.

Awww, but you've got to have your own to chomp on!!

On to part two...

Kathy
Old 07-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #154
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
On the way, my little bug traumatized boy fell asleep in his stroller so I picked him up and held him on the safari. He did wake up about half way through.

Shhh!

Don't feel so bad... Tricia was seven and Billy five when we first saw ITTBAB, and it was Tricia who was unable to handle the spiders... and they were day-glo orange, for heaven's sake!!

After the safari, we headed to Camp Mickey Minnie to see the 3:30 performance of my favorite show on Disney property, Festival of the Lion King!... This show gives me goose bumps and brings tears to my eyes, its so amazing.

Me too... Luv it!

And now it was time for me to fulfill a promise I'd made to Amelia earlier in the day: We could go shopping!

Go on girls... get your shop on!!

It was time to leave Animal Kingdom for the Animal Kingdom Lodge and our dinner reservation at Sanaa! Would we be impressed?

Oooh, looking forward to that!!

Kathy
Old 07-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #155
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a great Animal Kingdom day! I love all your pictures and stories! Poor Amelia on Dinosaur! I always duck down when the Carnataur is around -- he scares me, too!

Can't wait to see the purchases!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #156
tarheeltink
Mouseketeer

I just stumbled upon this trip report today and I'm absolutely loving it! I can't wait to read more about your trip. It looks like your family had a great time. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #157
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about SANAA!! I have never been to AKL.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #158
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I just love the photobooth pictures, they are so cute!

Ian looks so cute snoozing on the safari! Poor tuckered out kiddo.
That was my first time in a photo booth. I'd definitely do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
It definitely looks hot, but still looks fun I can't believe there are empty Dinosaurs on Triceratop Spin. I guess that is what happens when you get there at open. I'm excited to hear about your dinner at Saana. I haven't read many reviews from there.
The heat wasn't nearly as bad as it was later in the week, but it was AK in June so it was hot! We weren't bothered by it too much. Getting to the parks when they opened worked out well for us. I can't wait to share our dinner at Sanaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
What a great AK day! Those photo booth pictures are great-something a little different and special!

How was the safari in the afternoon? I had to manipulate Ridemax a little on our plan because it wanted us to go in the afternoon but I was worried that with as hot as it was there wouldn't be any animals out by afternoon.
Honestly, I didn't notice a difference in the animal activity between the afternoon this year and the morning we went in 2005.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #159
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Hi Kathy! I couldn't figure out how to quote your posts. The girls were so funny eating those turkey legs, and I was surprised to find we could get them along with a drink for a CS credit. Amelia and I had fun finding some of the things on our wish lists and Madeline found something she couldn't live without either, although you might be surprised to see what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a great Animal Kingdom day! I love all your pictures and stories! Poor Amelia on Dinosaur! I always duck down when the Carnataur is around -- he scares me, too!

Can't wait to see the purchases!
Poor Amelia indeed. She went on some rides that were outside her comfort zone this trip, some she liked some not. Dinosaur fell squarely in the NOT category!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeltink View Post
I just stumbled upon this trip report today and I'm absolutely loving it! I can't wait to read more about your trip. It looks like your family had a great time. Thanks for sharing
Aw, thanks and welcome!! Thanks for joining in. I see you're a NC resident. My dad moved there in October, so we spent the 4 days after Disney visited with he and my stepmom there. What a beautiful state! They took us down to Franklin Street and we saw a small portion of Chapel Hill's campus. They're trying to convince my oldest that she really wants to attend college there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
I can't wait to hear about SANAA!! I have never been to AKL.

I'm anxious to share. It's amazing to me that Disney could create numerous resorts with such different themes and "vibes" and have them all be so beautiful.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #160
tarheeltink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aw, thanks and welcome!! Thanks for joining in. I see you're a NC resident. My dad moved there in October, so we spent the 4 days after Disney visited with he and my stepmom there. What a beautiful state! They took us down to Franklin Street and we saw a small portion of Chapel Hill's campus. They're trying to convince my oldest that she really wants to attend college there.

Thats too cool. I have to agree with your dad and stepmom on this one. I spent four great years of my life in Chapel Hill. I bet your daughter would have a blast as well (and learn a lot, too)! I can't wait to read more about your trip.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #161
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up! Loving your report Christine!

I agree - Kali is too short!! But, we love it.

Can't wait for more!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #162
Happydog
DIS Veteran

You had a great Animal Kingdom day! I laughed at the photo of DD and her hair in the fan.. not AT her, of course, but at the idea that her hair got stuck in one, and the look on her face as a result of this unfortunate mishap! I am sorry that happened to her, I am sure it hurt... she seemed to have a good humor about it. I can't wait to hear what you think about Sanaa!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #164
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Finally all caught up! Loving your report Christine!

I agree - Kali is too short!! But, we love it.

Can't wait for more!
Thanks Carissa! We really liked Kali also. There's so much to look at! I just wish it could have been a couple of minutes longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
You had a great Animal Kingdom day! I laughed at the photo of DD and her hair in the fan.. not AT her, of course, but at the idea that her hair got stuck in one, and the look on her face as a result of this unfortunate mishap! I am sorry that happened to her, I am sure it hurt... she seemed to have a good humor about it. I can't wait to hear what you think about Sanaa!!
Oh no, you can go ahead and laugh at her. She said it didn't hurt. Mishaps like that one just seem to find her, but yes, she's a very good sport when they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a great day! Lost KTTW, hair in fans, passed out little boys, soaking shorts and chafed thighs. Treasures and traumas.

Pretty much sounds perfect!

I can't wait to read about Sanaa!
Treasures and traumas! I love it. We really enjoyed our AK day, for sure.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #165
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I may or may not have mentioned to the girls at this point that if they'd taken thier mother's advice and put their hair up, they might not be quite as hot.

And now it was time for me to fulfill a promise I'd made to Amelia earlier in the day: We could go shopping! She had seen a bracelet and a pin at some carts or kiosks that morning and I told her we'd be back later. Now it was later, so while George and Madeline treked back to Asia to challenge the Yeti 2 more times with their FPs collected that morning, Amelia, Ian and I began searching for her treasures.

Also, one of them may not have had her hair twirled up in a fan blade.

Shopping! I am a fan of shopping.

All the sweet treats looks good.

Flame Tree is one of our favorites, and I agree exactly with your review - I like the chicken and coleslaw, but the beans are not my favorite. I could never do a whole turkey leg on my own. I have a pretty good idea how much got thrown away!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: