Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #121
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Friend... just warn him that an unhappy wife = Tinkerbelle Massacre!

And yes all teachers have plans... and backup .... and worst case.... best case
I told him about the Tinkerbell Massacre and said he would be on the lookout for it. I've already explained how Tinkerbell works with the rope drop and stroller, but I feel like I need to write it on his hand so he doesn't forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You know, I never thought about it that way, but I think you are right -- being a teacher does make me need a "daily lesson plan" to follow even at Disney.
Yup, it's a teacher thing for sure. Every time I meet someone who is a planner I always assume they are a teacher and I'm shocked when I find out they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Maybe I should go into teaching since I like having daily plans so much. Even if the plan is sit on the couch and read all day.

Congrats on the yard sale earnings!!
You know, I thought you were a teacher when I first starting reading your reports. You have a new profession calling your name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
I'm still here.. reading everyday..

Wing it...

Well at least you were nice about it and are making a few "Plan B's" I would never have even done that...

GOOD LUCK
Yeah, my head is swimming with ADRs, Plan B's, C's, D's and getting a hotel for our first and last night! Thanks for following along.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #122
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm going to get up early to make our ADRs online. Hopefully it will go smooth and I will get them all. I did make some "what ifs" this morning.

10/18 Sci-Fi Lunch
2nd Choice, 50's

10/19 Yak, Lunch
2nd Choice, none. I will just take anytime I can get

10/20 LeCellier, Dinner
2nd Choice Rose and Crown
3rd Choice Tepan Edo

10/21 Tusker House Breakfast
2nd Choice, The Turf Club @ SSR (dinner)

10/22 Rose and Crown Dinner (If we don't need it on 10/20)
2nd Choice Le Cellier (If we don't get it on 10/20)
3rd Choice Teppan Edo or Chefs

10/23 'OHana, Dinner

I've been trying to make a plan B's, C's, and D's but it has been a headache so I'm not thinking about that anymore.

After my ADRs are set I'm going to look for a hotel in Orlando for the 17th and the 24th. I also need to buy our park tickets (UT) and look into our rental car!

Lots to do!! So, hopefully there will be a good update from me tomorrow morning!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #123
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Good Luck! It looks like some yummy choices and some new ones for you all too.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #124
joy13
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the ADR's! I wanted to do mine online - but I think you read in my PTR that I will be out of town, so I need to do it over the phone.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #125
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Good luck with your ADRs, I think your second choices are excellent! I doubt you will need them.

Are you doing them online or on the phone??
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #126
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Good luck with your ADRs -- since it is October, I bet you get everything you want! Here's some pixie dust for you!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #127
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Drea- I just saw the title of you pre trippie and I had to read it...

(I have the Beatles on the brain-I got my son into them so I didn't have to listen to Raffi, etc. anymore and now he loves them and even though I'm more a product of the '80s-those were my high school years-Madonna was huge...I love their music and their music is all being redigitalized and rereleased on 9/9/09..)

Anyhow your family is lovely and your kids-I just want to squeeze them they're so cute...

I love HersheyPark-I was going to ask you if you had taken them to Sesame Place because that's pretty cute too-but I see you're from Michigan-we're outside Philadelphia...DD is too old and DS is getting there too but because we have young cousins -4 & 6 mos -he can go and "protect" them...

I normally change my plans at least 3-4 times and my ADRs too-but its harder when there is free dining...

I know what you mean about the buying bug when you're going to Disney...we've been buying all kinds of stuff I never knew we needed till now...

I can't wait to hear more about SSR...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #128
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Good Luck! It looks like some yummy choices and some new ones for you all too.
Thank you! Yes we are trying quite a few new ones, I'm excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Good luck with the ADR's! I wanted to do mine online - but I think you read in my PTR that I will be out of town, so I need to do it over the phone.
Yes, I read that and told you to call on your day.

I hope to be online nice and early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Good luck with your ADRs, I think your second choices are excellent! I doubt you will need them.

Are you doing them online or on the phone??
I hope I don't need them, but I'm okay with them because I think they all suit our family well.

I'm going to do them online. I hope it works because I'm not sure I can keep my kids busy long enough if I do them on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Good luck with your ADRs -- since it is October, I bet you get everything you want! Here's some pixie dust for you!
Thank you! I hope not. Last time when we went in October I had to do LeCellier a different day, but that was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Drea- I just saw the title of you pre trippie and I had to read it...

(I have the Beatles on the brain-I got my son into them so I didn't have to listen to Raffi, etc. anymore and now he loves them and even though I'm more a product of the '80s-those were my high school years-Madonna was huge...I love their music and their music is all being redigitalized and rereleased on 9/9/09..)

Anyhow your family is lovely and your kids-I just want to squeeze them they're so cute...

I love HersheyPark-I was going to ask you if you had taken them to Sesame Place because that's pretty cute too-but I see you're from Michigan-we're outside Philadelphia...DD is too old and DS is getting there too but because we have young cousins -4 & 6 mos -he can go and "protect" them...

I normally change my plans at least 3-4 times and my ADRs too-but its harder when there is free dining...

I know what you mean about the buying bug when you're going to Disney...we've been buying all kinds of stuff I never knew we needed till now...

I can't wait to hear more about SSR...
Hi Welcome! I love the Beatles too. I didn't even think about that when I made the title for this PTR.

We actually did go to Sesame Place and my DD loved it! It was a very hot day so we enjoyed going to the water park halfway through the day. I wish we would have planned two days there though.

B. was mesmerized by the shows.

We really liked PA. It was so pretty there and we had great weather while we were there.

I know, I'm so excited about going to SSR. Tonight Rob said, "I'm so looking forward to relaxing at SSR." It is really his type of theming.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #130
twenty3curls
Mouseketeer

Good luck on your ADRs in the morning!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:39 AM   #131
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Good luck on the ADR's I hope you get everything you want .
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty3curls View Post
Good luck on your ADRs in the morning!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Thank you! Post coming right up!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #132
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

ADRs are set (w/ a few changes)!

So I set the alarm for 5:45 this morning. I have the laptop all set up and when it is 5:59, I get started. Well, I keep getting error after error. I'm flippin' out! Then I realize that the website is not running right in Google Chrome. So I run downstairs to use my husbands computer (our laptop runs so slow on IE that is ofter times out). I get everything all set-up again and get started I got:

10/18 - Sci-Fi 12:25

10/19 - Yak & Yeti 11:30

10/20 - Le Cellier 5:55

10/21 - Donald's Safari Breakfast 8:25 am

10/22 - Rose and Crown 5:35

10/23 - Teppan Edo 6:30 pm

So you see I changed our last day. If you can believe it, no 'OHana reservations were coming up. I put in 5:30 and it came back as this restaurant has nothing available. I tried a few other times and still nothing. I had The Wave as our 2nd choice, but I knew Rob didn't really want to eat there. So, I decided to go for TE. MK closes at 7 this night so we likely wouldn't have made it back to the park in time to ride anything anyway, so we'll just spend our last evening in Epcot.

I'm so excited! It feels like our trip is very close now!!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #133
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Glad to see it worked out ok for you!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #134
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

How frustrating about having to switch computers (I would have been freaking out)! So glad you got everything you wanted except Ohana's -- you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Teppan Edo! We have eaten there twice and enjoyed it immensely.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #135
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

OOH Congrats on all your ADRs that is awesome!!!! You got your Le Cellier and you Yak and Yeti (WHICH I LOVE btw) and I think your last night option sounds fabulous!!! Congrats again!!! I was very happy when all of that was done!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: