Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #106
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I was going to start my HS "must do/want to do" today but we are having a garage sale tomorrow and I am so not ready! I thought I had tags and went to the basement to mark things last night and guess what, no tags! We only have one car (since I SAH and Rob works from home we really only need one and it saves us tons of money) and Rob was golfing last night I had no way to get to the store.

So, I have to go to the store and try to get to music in the park (if it doesn't rain). Hopefully I can update sometime in the next few days.

I'm having second thoughts on some of our meals after reading some reviews. Must. stay. away. from. the. dining. reviews.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #107
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Good luck with the sale. Curious to see your possible changes...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #108
kkacz99
Mouseketeer

I agree with staying away from the dining reviews...read some inconsistent reviews with Garden Grill, but we decided to try it.. and was glad we did..the character interaction was great, and the food was good for our group of 12, since we had some picky adult eaters with us! I guess I just try not to go into them with very high expectations!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #109
manntra
DIS Veteran

Hi there
I came over from the October thread....you will love SSR...very nice and roomy too. Try to request somewhere near the main pool or where the lobby is. That was my only gripe was that it is a HUGE resort and very spread out and it was a good distance (I do not recall what section we were in ) to walk to the CS restaurant onsite.
That is so much fun that your DD is really into coasters! So cute!
Tracy
Old 07-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #110
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Good luck with the sale. Curious to see your possible changes...
I'm rethinking SciFi. I'm not sure how my kids would do in there, but nothing else seems appealing to us. I was thinking 50's Prime Time, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkacz99 View Post
I agree with staying away from the dining reviews...read some inconsistent reviews with Garden Grill, but we decided to try it.. and was glad we did..the character interaction was great, and the food was good for our group of 12, since we had some picky adult eaters with us! I guess I just try not to go into them with very high expectations!
I know. I read such bad things about Garden Grill but A. was obsessed with Chip and Dale at the time so we went for it. I would rate the restaurant a 6, not great, but not bad either. The character interaction was great and that is why went went there in the first place so we were happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Hi there
I came over from the October thread....you will love SSR...very nice and roomy too. Try to request somewhere near the main pool or where the lobby is. That was my only gripe was that it is a HUGE resort and very spread out and it was a good distance (I do not recall what section we were in ) to walk to the CS restaurant onsite.
That is so much fun that your DD is really into coasters! So cute!
Tracy
I'm SO looking forward to SSR. I did a request (can't remember off the top of my head but it was one of the closer buildings) so I hope I get it.

Yes, she is a little thrill seeker, or at least she was in May. You never know with a three year old.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #111
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

We had day 1 of the yard sale today and I made $90! I'm so happy. I sold my swing and bouncy seat which were both taking up so much room in the basement!

I'm exhausted though from sitting outside, wrangling 2 kids, and just all that a yard sale entails.

I also got my hair cut tonight, a lot shorter. I'll try to get a good picture of it and post it.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #112
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am here to follow along on with all of the planning fun! Congrats on the yard sale today!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #113
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am here to follow along on with all of the planning fun! Congrats on the yard sale today!
Welcome!!

We had a good day yesterday, now if the rain would stop I could go sell more today.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #114
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in Congress Park (close to DTD), the Grandstand (first bus stop), and this last trip, the Springs (close to the main pool). I think we enjoyed the location of the Springs the most. It was the last bus stop though...

How did the sale go today?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #115
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We have stayed in Congress Park (close to DTD), the Grandstand (first bus stop), and this last trip, the Springs (close to the main pool). I think we enjoyed the location of the Springs the most. It was the last bus stop though...

How did the sale go today?
Oh that is good news. I requested the Springs w/ a second request of the Grandstand. I almost hate to request something because then if we don't get it is kind of disappointing. Oh well. We rent a car so we can always drive if we have to or if the kids are really tired.

It went great! After the rain it was very sunny with a little wind so a perfect day. I sold a lot more than I expected. I wasn't going to do it tomorrow, but I gave in to neighbor peer pressure.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #116
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

So tonight at dinner we were talking about the times we wanted for our ADRs, second choices if we can't get something, and my "rough" plan and Rob says to me, why don't we just wing it a little. If we don't want to do something, we don't do it. If we want to go to a different park in the morning then we just go.

I must have looked at him like he had two heads because then he said "Or not". Does the man not know me at all? Me, wing it? Impossible. I must have a plan, I can have a "loose" plan, but I must have a plan. It's the teacher in me, I must have a "daily lesson plan".

After some more talking I did agree to make a few "Plan B" type things. So that is my goal for this weekend, to make some alternatives so if he does want to change things up I don't have a meltdown or lose it like I have in the past.

Wish me luck!

Old 07-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #117
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Friend... just warn him that an unhappy wife = Tinkerbelle Massacre!

And yes all teachers have plans... and backup .... and worst case.... best case
Old 07-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #118
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I must have looked at him like he had two heads because then he said "Or not".

Quote:
Does the man not know me at all? Me, wing it? Impossible. I must have a plan, I can have a "loose" plan, but I must have a plan. It's the teacher in me, I must have a "daily lesson plan".
You know, I never thought about it that way, but I think you are right -- being a teacher does make me need a "daily lesson plan" to follow even at Disney.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #119
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Maybe I should go into teaching since I like having daily plans so much. Even if the plan is sit on the couch and read all day.

Congrats on the yard sale earnings!!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #120
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So tonight at dinner we were talking about the times we wanted for our ADRs, second choices if we can't get something, and my "rough" plan and Rob says to me, why don't we just wing it a little. If we don't want to do something, we don't do it. If we want to go to a different park in the morning then we just go.

I must have looked at him like he had two heads because then he said "Or not". Does the man not know me at all? Me, wing it? Impossible. I must have a plan, I can have a "loose" plan, but I must have a plan. It's the teacher in me, I must have a "daily lesson plan".

After some more talking I did agree to make a few "Plan B" type things. So that is my goal for this weekend, to make some alternatives so if he does want to change things up I don't have a meltdown or lose it like I have in the past.

Wish me luck!
I'm still here.. reading everyday..

Wing it...

Well at least you were nice about it and are making a few "Plan B's" I would never have even done that...

GOOD LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Friend... just warn him that an unhappy wife = Tinkerbelle Massacre!

And yes all teachers have plans... and backup .... and worst case.... best case
Tinkerbelle Massacre....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: