Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #91
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Less than 100 Days!

I think your list at MK is managable. You will accomplish a lot more if A can ride the big rides too! She won't be as restless and B. will be fine stroller bound.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #92
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Less than 100 Days!

I think your list at MK is managable. You will accomplish a lot more if A can ride the big rides too! She won't be as restless and B. will be fine stroller bound.
I know! 98 days to go!!

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think we can do it. We do want to see the Fairies, so a lot will depend on how fast we can get back there. Do they open early or do they open when they open Toon Town?

B. is not a stroller baby at all. It's very frustrating. Since we got the new stroller we are going on walks at least once a day, so hopefully I can convert him. He is just such a Momma's boy that he wants me to hold him all the time.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #93
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

You did a very good job shopping. My friends who are traveling with us plan to rent a stroller as needed. Any idea what the current rental fee is at Disney for a double?

It is so fun to be at MK. We never really feel we are at WDW until we go there. One year, we actually went to another park first
Never again. Always MK the first day now.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #94
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
You did a very good job shopping. My friends who are traveling with us plan to rent a stroller as needed. Any idea what the current rental fee is at Disney for a double?

It is so fun to be at MK. We never really feel we are at WDW until we go there. One year, we actually went to another park first
Never again. Always MK the first day now.
I'm not completely sure what the rental fee is for a double, I just know it is a lot. Could they get by with a single and just swap the kids out?

I know! This year we are going to HS first and it's just going to feel weird!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #95
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I was going to update yesterday about all the "extras" we want to do at MK but we ended up being very busy yesterday.

A. and I went and saw UP. It was her first time at a theater and she did great. They had boosters that you could put in the seat so she sat alone. I got her some popcorn and a drink and she was all set. We both LOVED the movie. I actually cried 3 times. I was really touched by the story. The characters of Carl and Ellie reminded me of my Grandpa and Grandma. Grandma passed away 2 years ago this month and it's been so hard on him (and all of us), they were teenage sweethearts and married as soon as they could.

So, I'm going to try to get a couple things down here during naptime.

Only 1 more week until I can make my ADRs!!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #96
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh...I really want to see UP. I'm so glad you and your daughter had a great time watching it together. I have head it is a great story so hopefully in my near future I will be able to see it LOL!!!!!

Can't wait for you MK list!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #97
twenty3curls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I was going to update yesterday about all the "extras" we want to do at MK but we ended up being very busy yesterday.

A. and I went and saw UP. It was her first time at a theater and she did great. They had boosters that you could put in the seat so she sat alone. I got her some popcorn and a drink and she was all set. We both LOVED the movie. I actually cried 3 times. I was really touched by the story. The characters of Carl and Ellie reminded me of my Grandpa and Grandma. Grandma passed away 2 years ago this month and it's been so hard on him (and all of us), they were teenage sweethearts and married as soon as they could.

So, I'm going to try to get a couple things down here during naptime.

Only 1 more week until I can make my ADRs!!
LOVED UP! So cute...and I teared up at multiple points, too!

ADR time is almost here...how exciting!! I feel like that's when the real planning can start. It all feels hypothetical until the ADRs are set. Hoep you get everything you want!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #98
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh...I really want to see UP. I'm so glad you and your daughter had a great time watching it together. I have head it is a great story so hopefully in my near future I will be able to see it LOL!!!!!

Can't wait for you MK list!
We didn't see the 3D version, I wish we did. You should see it before it leaves the theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty3curls View Post
LOVED UP! So cute...and I teared up at multiple points, too!

ADR time is almost here...how exciting!! I feel like that's when the real planning can start. It all feels hypothetical until the ADRs are set. Hoep you get everything you want!
I know, once the ADRs are set then the real planning begins. Right now it is so up in the air I hate to nail down anything for sure.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #99
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

MK ~ Shows/Characters/Attractions

We love to take a break after rides to just wander around, people watch, and enjoy some good shows/character interactions. A. is getting better with the characters but she still isn't sure about them. On our first night in November this is what she did when she saw the characters at Garden Grill.

As you can see, she wasn't lovin' it. As the days went by, she got more brave...

but would still duck out and leave me alone with the characters from time to time.

She does really well with the "face" characters so we MUST meet Tinkerbell and the other Fairies. She says her favorite is Rosetta right now, but who knows who it will be when we get there in October.

She also loves Woody & Jesse from Toy Story 2. She actually has dolls for both of them and a Jesse jibbitz. Does anyone know if we can find them in the MK?

Other than that, we want to take B. to meet Mickey in the Judges Tent. We'll see how long the line is for the Princesses, but she's fine to skip them now.

As for shows we love Country Bear Jamboree. I know it is corny, but we still like it.

We are also looking forward to seeing Obama in the Hall of Presidents. I have heard mixed reviews, but I must see it for myself.

I'm hoping that we can also do PhilharMagic. In November we got a surprise fastpass for it but didn't use it because we didn't know how B. would do in there. Here's hoping A. isn't scared this time because in May '08 she loved it.

We also love Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We all love the movie and we think this attraction is very clever. Last time A. got picked to be Boo. Which we loved because that is one our nicknames for her.

As for playgrounds we always stop at Pooh's playful spot. I also want to check out Donald's Boat since we haven't played in there yet.

Once I get my ADRs I'm going to make a "plan" for each day we are in MK and try to do a pretty even plan of rides/shows/characters. I'm sure I'll need some help though. Sometimes I get so into it I can't "see the woods for the trees".

Old 07-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #100
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I almost forgot to tell you guys something. It really is a small world. A. is in gymnastics at the local community center. Anyway during her first class I start talking to another Mom and she mentions WDW! We start chatting and come to find out she's on the Dis! Can you believe that?

Anyway, I thought that was cool. I'm going to e-mail her and hopefully she'll join us.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #101
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how to add links to the different posts during your report? Like if I wanted to link to the MK stuff?

Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #102
twenty3curls
Mouseketeer

This website is really good source for locating characters in the parks:

http://www.wdwinsiders.com/character_finder.php

Looks like finding Woody shouldn't be a problem, but Jessie might take some work...

Hope this helps!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #103
kkacz99
Mouseketeer

What fun!

This is Kelly (gymnastics). Thanks for the link! What a fun way to plan for your trip. We just ate at Garden Grill as well as Crystal Palace (did Chef Mickey's for breakfast) and Katelyn loved all of the character interaction! Happy planning!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #104
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I hope A does well with characters this trip for you. I bet she will once she warms up!

I can PM you the instructions on how to do the links...but it will have to wait until later when I am home. I'm busy at work today!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #105
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty3curls View Post
This website is really good source for locating characters in the parks:

http://www.wdwinsiders.com/character_finder.php

Looks like finding Woody shouldn't be a problem, but Jessie might take some work...

Hope this helps!
Oh, thank you! I bookmarked it for later use. Last time we searched for Woody and he was nowhere to be found. Thank goodness we didn't mention it to A. or we would have had a meltdown on our hands. I just want to see her face when she sees them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkacz99 View Post
This is Kelly (gymnastics). Thanks for the link! What a fun way to plan for your trip. We just ate at Garden Grill as well as Crystal Palace (did Chef Mickey's for breakfast) and Katelyn loved all of the character interaction! Happy planning!

Hey Kelly! Yes, it keeps things organized and in one spot. I'm enjoying writing everything down. I hope you follow along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I hope A does well with characters this trip for you. I bet she will once she warms up!

I can PM you the instructions on how to do the links...but it will have to wait until later when I am home. I'm busy at work today!
I hope so. She did great with them when we went to PA. She wasn't even scared of Big Bird and he was SO TALL! She also gave Zoe a big hug, so I have hope. I don't want to get too excited though just in case she goes back in her shell.

Wait, you do work at work? Whenever you have time, that would be great! I thought it would be easier to do it that way, but I'm in no hurry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: