Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #46
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I have not seen Spectro yet - but I'm determined to on this trip
Oh, you have to stay for it this trip! We love it. Last time we got a seat in front of the Hall of Presidents and had a great view.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #47
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Hmmm I really enjoyed reading both set of plans...as far as the restaurants go I really enjoyed the food at Mama Melroses, however I hear Sci Fi serves a mean cheeseburger and the atmosphere can't be beat! So I'm sure you will pick a winner either way!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #48
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I know you said you liked loud places to eat with the kids and Sci Fi is really really quiet. At least when I ate there. You feel weird talking sometimes because everyone is watching the movie screen.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #49
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Hmmm I really enjoyed reading both set of plans...as far as the restaurants go I really enjoyed the food at Mama Melroses, however I hear Sci Fi serves a mean cheeseburger and the atmosphere can't be beat! So I'm sure you will pick a winner either way!!!!
I read that too about the cheeseburgers. YUM!

I just spent the day talking Rob into going there and then I read this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I know you said you liked loud places to eat with the kids and Sci Fi is really really quiet. At least when I ate there. You feel weird talking sometimes because everyone is watching the movie screen.
This is not good and I'll have to leave this little piece of info. out of my description. He would really put his foot down if he knew that. My DD talks SO LOUD. I mean, I had her hearing tested because she talks so loud.

Aw well. I guess we'll try it. I talked him into a late lunch on our first day (18th).

Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #50
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Shopping Update

Not much to report on the schedule. We're still trying to figure out where to eat on our last day. I think we have decided on a late lunch at the very quite Sci-Fi on the 18th. So, if you are planning on eating there that day for a late lunch you might want to skip it because the loud family will be there.

I am starting to think about what bag to bring, what shoes to wear, and what stroller to bring. I can see Rob now when I break the news that I want another pair of Crocs and another bag. Rob:

ANYWAY! We went to Babies R Us today and "test drove" a stroller. I think we're set on this one:

It's the Combi Twin Sport EX. I just have to decide if I want this orange one or the green one.

As for the Crocs, I saw a really cute pair in BrookElizabeth's TR and I just have to have them. So many colors, so little money....

As for the bag, I'm totally clueless. We have always brought our Eddie Bauer diaper bag backpack. It has worked well in our previous trips and I'll probably end up bringing it. But, I want something more colorful and prettier. The only down side to something more colorful is that Rob won't carry it...

So, what's your favorite park bag and why?

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend so far. The weather here is perfect so we are enjoying it! Happy 4th of July!!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #51
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

My sister in law has that stroller for her two kids and is happy I guess (she seemingly does not use stroller... they are not an option for me).

Cute crocs... a girl can never have too many shoes.

As for bags, are you kidding me. There is no perfect park bag. We had two bags this trip, and I am hoping by the time we go again I can be down to one -

I did like my Vera Bradley backpack (I have the bigger one), but it would not have fit all our junk.

Have a great 4th!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #52
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Happy 4th

We ate at MM two years ago. The food was just OK IMHO. DS loves pasta so he enjoyed it. Service was alright.

Last edited by pooksma; 07-04-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: havent had enough coffee yet...
Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #53
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

OOOH that stroller looks awesome and I Love those crocs I really want a pair like that I think I'm going to cave and have to get a pair LOL!!

Happy 4th!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #54
joy13
DIS Veteran

Love those crocs - but I'm paranoid. I have a pair of MaryJanes and they didn't have enough support. I have adara flip-flops and I walked around NYC for a whole day in those and was fine. The traditional crocs work well for me too. So I think I'm going to stick with my beach and adaras for the trip.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #55
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
My sister in law has that stroller for her two kids and is happy I guess (she seemingly does not use stroller... they are not an option for me).

Cute crocs... a girl can never have too many shoes.

As for bags, are you kidding me. There is no perfect park bag. We had two bags this trip, and I am hoping by the time we go again I can be down to one -

I did like my Vera Bradley backpack (I have the bigger one), but it would not have fit all our junk.

Have a great 4th!
I know, there is no perfect park bag. Each trip I look for a new one and end up using my backpack diaper bag. It'll probably be the same this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Happy 4th

We ate at MM two years ago. The food was just OK IMHO. DS loves pasta so he enjoyed it. Service was alright.
Thank you!

I keep hearing the same review for MM. I think we'll skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
OOOH that stroller looks awesome and I Love those crocs I really want a pair like that I think I'm going to cave and have to get a pair LOL!!

Happy 4th!!
I haven't broken the news to Rob that I want another pair of Crcos. It's the Dis, it makes me want to shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Love those crocs - but I'm paranoid. I have a pair of MaryJanes and they didn't have enough support. I have adara flip-flops and I walked around NYC for a whole day in those and was fine. The traditional crocs work well for me too. So I think I'm going to stick with my beach and adaras for the trip.
I love the Mary Janes. They worked out great for me. I have the Croc flip flops Capris. Those are SO COMFY! I wore them almost every day when I was pregnant at WDW in May.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #56
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I woke up this morning to the sad news of the monorail crash. I feel so bad for the driver's family. I hope they figure out what caused it quickly.

I hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July weekend.

We have been having fun so far. A. finally figured out how to pedal her "bike" so we have been spending a lot of time on the sidewalk.

B. also enjoys riding in his car.

Yesterday Rob took the kids outside to play and I made some Peach Jam. It is so yummy! I haven't made it in years and never on my own. We had some this morning for breakfast and it was so good.

Then we played outside and grilled lunch and dinner. B. was cracking us up because he wants to keep up with A. but refused to crawl on the concrete so this is how he gets around.

After dinner A. and I headed over to Greenfield Village to watch the Detroit Symphony Orchestra play a holiday set and then fireworks with the DSO playing marching tunes. It was great, but very crowded.

I think I've settled on our dining, but I'll post more about that in a new post. I also checked our reservation online and it is showing up (I guess there was some problem with DVC confirmation numbers and the online ADR system) so I'll be up bright and early to get our ADRs online soon. I'm excited to try the new system.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #57
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

What great holiday shots. Looks like you had a wonderful family day.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #58
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Signing up and going back to read! From the first page pics I noticed that you have a beautiful family!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #59
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
What great holiday shots. Looks like you had a wonderful family day.
We have had a good weekend. Sad to see it come to an end. It's nice to have help with the kids for 3 whole days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Signing up and going back to read! From the first page pics I noticed that you have a beautiful family!
Welcome and Thank you!!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #60
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Best Days & Dining Update

TGM just put out his best days chart for our time there. There is only one red that I had planned, but it is the only time that we can go to HS, so it has to due.

I also knew that MK would be a no-no on EMH nights, but that is one of the only times to see Spectro/Wishes, so we'll just have to suck it up.

All the other days look great, so I'm happy that my new schedule is working out. I just hope I can get my ADRs so I don't have to do any last minute changes while getting ADRs. That always stresses me out.

Rob and I talked about our dining choices for our first and last day. He finally said that he didn't care as long as I was happy. Since we aren't taking a trip next year he wants me to be completely happy with this trip. So...

On the first day we are doing an early lunch at SciFi. I conveniently forgot to mention that it was quiet in there when we were talking about it.
Our plan is to get there early stay and eat an early lunch then head back to SSR. Take a nap, swim, relax. Get back to HS and dance w/the characters and just relax. WE know it is going to be crowded so we aren't really going to plan to do any attractions.

On the last day we are going to eat an early lunch a 'Ohana. Same basic plan as above. Get to MK early, take the monorail (still so upset about the accident) and eat lunch. Head back to SSR for a rest/swim and then head back to MK for the evening. It closes early for MNSSHP so if the kids are okay we'll probably head to EPCOT to eat some food at F&W that evening.

So, I think I'm all set until I can make ADRs. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My Conf. # came up so I'm going to get up and be on the computer at 6 am on my day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: