Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #31
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post

Anyone have any good suggestions for a double stroller? We currently have the Sit and Stand Deluxe, but it is being sent back tomorrow. I have nothing but problems with it since I bought it and the crappy customer service at One Step Ahead sent me over the edge yesterday with the stroller. The CSR implied that since I bought the stroller on a discount that I had no right to complain that things were breaking/ripping/not working correctly. So after I very so kindly told her I wanted my money back and to speak to a manager she transfered me and the manager was even more rude. Next step up the line told me I could have my money back and no shipping fees.
That's terrible! I'm glad you kept pushing the issue. I only have one, so I can't help you on the double stroller.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #32
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Have never eaten at DTD other than Rainforest-sorry, not helping I know.

I'm wondering why no CP? Just because its a tradition for us.

Thanks for the Canada Day wishes~sorry about the CC Soup pic. It is awesome, isn't it?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #33
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
That's terrible! I'm glad you kept pushing the issue. I only have one, so I can't help you on the double stroller.
Yes, they were very rude. I'll never order anything from them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Have never eaten at DTD other than Rainforest-sorry, not helping I know.

I'm wondering why no CP? Just because its a tradition for us.

Thanks for the Canada Day wishes~sorry about the CC Soup pic. It is awesome, isn't it?
CP was on our list, but we wanted to try some new restaurants since we won't be going next year. Also, since we'll be in a villa w/a full kitchen we plan on making our breakfast each morning. I needed to have the biscuits and gravy/omelets/breads at least once though!! I'm still going back and forth between Tusker House and CP.

I looked up the recipe for the soup and I'm going to try to make it. It just looked so yummy in that picture I can't stop thinking about it.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #34
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Touring Plans Version 1.0

When hours came out yesterday I was so excited. I found out during nap time so I had time to copy them down on my calendar and get to work, muy rapido. (Can you tell we watch Handy Manny?)

When I showed Rob he said, yup, looks good. I know you will change them a few times. I said, yes, this is version 1.0.

10/17 Arrive/Stay off-site or Pop
10/18 Check in at SSR
Epcot w/lunch at Teppan Edo
Nap
HS (I want A. to dance with the characters during EMH)

10/19 AK w/lunch at Yak & Yeti
Nap
MK (Spectro and Wishes)

10/20 MK
Nap
Epcot w/dinner at LeCellier

10/21 AK w/breakfast at Tusker House
Nap
Evening off to swim/DTD/relax

10/22 MK
Nap
Epcot w/dinner at Coral Reef

10/23 MK
Nap
Epcot w/dinner at Rose and Crown

10/24 Pack up/Swim at SSR
Check in to off-site/Value hotel

10/25 Depart at the crack of dawn.

Now, this is all assuming that I can get our ADRs for this time. I also cut our a dinner at DTD. I felt like I was doing it just because we were so close and not because we wanted to eat at a specific restaurant. Rob agreed, so all is well with that.

I don't like the fact that we are only in Epcot one morning because we still haven't rode Soarin' and that is a must this trip! Any suggestions? It makes it hard because we want to go to AK two days and it is only open until 5pm every day.

We would like to ride TSM but it is okay if we don't. I had planned to do a morning in HS, but it doesn't seem to be working out either.

Suggestions?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #35
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Your plan looks great to me. I love the variety. We are dining at CR for the first time this trip (well...not entirely true, the first time DS knows about). I liked it alot

Let me know how you make out with the soup!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #36
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hello, your kids are adorable!! The ADR's look great. I am so sorry to hear about your stroller issues, I can't stand rude customer service people.

Touring Plans Version 1.0 looks great. I don't count my versions, it would be in the double digits .
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #37
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think your plans look great! It is so hard to figure out all those mornings and which parks! I'm having trouble with that now.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #38
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When hours came out yesterday I was so excited. I found out during nap time so I had time to copy them down on my calendar and get to work, muy rapido. (Can you tell we watch Handy Manny?)

When I showed Rob he said, yup, looks good. I know you will change them a few times. I said, yes, this is version 1.0.

10/17 Arrive/Stay off-site or Pop
10/18 Check in at SSR
Epcot w/lunch at Teppan Edo
Nap
HS (I want A. to dance with the characters during EMH)

Dancing with the characters... that sounds super cute! VOLM was a big hit with Em, it ranks on the favorites! I want to go to Teppan Edo next trip.

10/19 AK w/lunch at Yak & Yeti
Nap
MK (Spectro and Wishes)
Luke loved Spectro!

10/20 MK
Nap
Epcot w/dinner at LeCellier

My only thought is we loved having MK FPs for night... any MK am and MK pm days you could do?

10/21 AK w/breakfast at Tusker House
Nap
Evening off to swim/DTD/relax

10/22 MK
Nap
Epcot w/dinner at Coral Reef

10/23 MK
Nap
Epcot w/dinner at Rose and Crown

10/24 Pack up/Swim at SSR
Check in to off-site/Value hotel

10/25 Depart at the crack of dawn.

Now, this is all assuming that I can get our ADRs for this time. I also cut our a dinner at DTD. I felt like I was doing it just because we were so close and not because we wanted to eat at a specific restaurant. Rob agreed, so all is well with that.

I don't like the fact that we are only in Epcot one morning because we still haven't rode Soarin' and that is a must this trip! Any suggestions? It makes it hard because we want to go to AK two days and it is only open until 5pm every day.

We would like to ride TSM but it is okay if we don't. I had planned to do a morning in HS, but it doesn't seem to be working out either.

Suggestions?
I would send DH to get FPs for Soarin when you arrive and then take turns taking the kids on the Land Boatride. That works for us.

Do you think A will be 40... Em was measuring at 39ish.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #39
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Your plan looks great to me. I love the variety. We are dining at CR for the first time this trip (well...not entirely true, the first time DS knows about). I liked it alot

Let me know how you make out with the soup!
I can't wait to make the soup. I think I'm going to try it on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Hello, your kids are adorable!! The ADR's look great. I am so sorry to hear about your stroller issues, I can't stand rude customer service people.

Touring Plans Version 1.0 looks great. I don't count my versions, it would be in the double digits .
Thank you! Welcome!

Yeah, I was calling to get a replacement part, but after the rude people I just wanted a refund, ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I think your plans look great! It is so hard to figure out all those mornings and which parks! I'm having trouble with that now.
Yeah, the more I look at it the more I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I would send DH to get FPs for Soarin when you arrive and then take turns taking the kids on the Land Boatride. That works for us.

Do you think A will be 40... Em was measuring at 39ish.
Good idea! I will do that for sure.

A. was 39 inches at her 3 year appointment in May. So we are hoping with her shoes she will be 40 by October.

I'm really not liking my schedule at all. I planned it around restaurants and I feel I am missing out on park time.

I'm working on 2.0 right now.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #40
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Good luck with 2.0. The good thing about plans is that once you hit the right balance, you know it immediatly. At least I do!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #41
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Knock, knock followed you over from J&K. Your family is beautiful. Sounds like you are doing a great job planning.
I think October is one of the best months to visit.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #42
joy13
DIS Veteran

Working on 2.0 already - LOL! Doesn't it seem like there are hardly any EMH days? There is one day one our trip that there aren't any at any park! I don't think we are going to do any - especially since we are going to MNSSHP.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #43
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Good luck with 2.0. The good thing about plans is that once you hit the right balance, you know it immediatly. At least I do!
Very true. I'm just not happy with 1.0 and not sure about 2.0 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot luvr View Post
Knock, knock followed you over from J&K. Your family is beautiful. Sounds like you are doing a great job planning.
I think October is one of the best months to visit.
Hey there! I know you! Welcome!

We love October too. Food and Wine is just too good to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Working on 2.0 already - LOL! Doesn't it seem like there are hardly any EMH days? There is one day one our trip that there aren't any at any park! I don't think we are going to do any - especially since we are going to MNSSHP.
Yeah, the EMH in the evening don't really apply to us as we are usually back at the resort early so we can give the kids a bath and get them to bed. We do really love Spectro and Wishes.

We took a long video of Spectro in November and we watch it often.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #44
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Touring Plans Version 2.0

So, I really started to hate version 1.0. I didn't like the fact that I had planned our trip around food. Don't get me wrong, we love to eat on vacation, but still...

So here is 2.0:

10/18 Hollywood Studios a.m. and p.m. Not sure where to eat this day.

10/19 AK - a.m. Yak & Yeti Lunch
MK - p.m. (spectro/wishes)

10/20 MK
Epcot - LeCellier Dinner

10/21 AK - Tusker House Breakfast
Night Off

10/22 Epcot a.m. and p.m. Dinner @ Rose and Crown

10/23 MK a.m. and p.m. Not sure where to eat this day.

So, I cut Teppan Edo and Coral Reef. If for some reason I can't get LeCellier or R&C then I'll try to get TE or CR.

I need two new restaurants. For our HS day I'm thinking of Mama Melrose or Sci-Fi. Thoughts?

As far as our MK day, I want 'OHana, but Rob doesn't really seem too thrilled. I know some of you have eaten there, it would either be for lunch or dinner. What are your thoughts on it?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #45
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, the EMH in the evening don't really apply to us as we are usually back at the resort early so we can give the kids a bath and get them to bed. We do really love Spectro and Wishes.

We took a long video of Spectro in November and we watch it often.
I have not seen Spectro yet - but I'm determined to on this trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: