Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #16
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think it's very smart to stay offsite or value on the first and last nights. You don't want to pay those high point values! Do you rent a car?? I know that I am limited to staying on property for that first night I want to add because I need the Magical Express service.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #17
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww I just had to come over and read you PTR!!! Your kids are adorable!! I can't wait to hear more about your plans!! Your ADR day must be coming...any hints on what you are hoping to get???

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
joy13
DIS Veteran

I'm in - we come in the day you leave. I can't wait to read about your ADR's. Feel free to stop in on my pre-trip as well
Old 06-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

The Contemporary held a cooler of cold stuff for us and moved it to CSR... if that helps.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Im here!

Great start. I remember all too well what it was like to travel with DS at age 2 and applaud your braveness

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your beautiful children.
Hi Welcome! The good thing is that Rob has never traveled to Disney (as an adult) without kids, so he has no idea how good it can be with just adults!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I think it's very smart to stay offsite or value on the first and last nights. You don't want to pay those high point values! Do you rent a car?? I know that I am limited to staying on property for that first night I want to add because I need the Magical Express service.
Yeah, that is what we thought too. It is just so many points and each day we aren't really going to be at the resort at all.

We do rent a car. We didn't in November and Rob hated it. Getting the stroller on and off the bus plus trying to wrangle two kids on the bus was a bit stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww I just had to come over and read you PTR!!! Your kids are adorable!! I can't wait to hear more about your plans!! Your ADR day must be coming...any hints on what you are hoping to get???
Thank you! I thought I had all our restaurants picked but since we changed resorts I feel like I need to add in one at DTD. My husband was not surprised that I was changing my mind on the ADRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I'm in - we come in the day you leave. I can't wait to read about your ADR's. Feel free to stop in on my pre-trip as well
Thanks for joining in! I'm going to post about the ADRs tonight because I need some advice. I'll head over and check yours out after dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
The Contemporary held a cooler of cold stuff for us and moved it to CSR... if that helps.
Oh cool! I thought that each resort would do that, but you know what happens when you assume things.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #21
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

ADRs

A few weeks ago we were traveling to Illinois to visit our parents, which means we have a 4 hour car ride. So, I planned ahead and packed my Passporter so we could go over restaurant choices.

Rob lets me do most of the planning, but he likes to help choose restaurants. So, I usually narrow it down to 10-12 choices and he chooses from them. Or he'll say, I want a steak, seafood, and mexican. I search and find some and he chooses which ones he would like.

So, for this trip he agreed to go to LeCellier again if I can get an ADR. Last time we were there it was a disaster. Our DD does not do well in dimly lit restaurants and let's just say if the food wasn't so good we probably would have just paid the bill halfway through dinner and called it a night.

We are also sticking to our tried and true rules. It must be a louder restaurant (that way if our kids freak, at least it's loud ), the earlier the better for dinners, and character meals for breakfasts.

So, after much consideration we narrowed it down to these choices:

Yak & Yeti (lunch)
Tusker House (breakfast)
LeCellier (Dinner)
Rose & Crown (Dinner)
Teppan Edo (Lunch)
Coral Reef (Dinner)

We have eaten at Tusker House, LeCellier, and Coral Reef. One of our favorites we are not going to do this year, Crystal Palace. We always eat a Crystal Palace for breakfast on our first day at MK, but it didn't make the cut.

So, we were all set. Then we changed our room reservation. Now that we are close to DTD I think we should at least eat there one day for a sit down. So now I have to decide which one to cut and which one to add.

We ate at Wolfgangs our first trip and loved it, the food was so good. We ate at Raglan Road in May and it was okay. The food was not outstanding and the service was horrible.

Anyone have any suggestions for a DTD restaurant? Which one would you cut from the above list?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #22
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Well I'm not sure what restaurant you should cut because that would be a very hard choice LOL!! However as far a restaurants go in DTD....have you thought of either T-REX or Rainforest Cafe, they both would be kid friendly and louder restaurants?????

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #23
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Oooh, I don't know which one I would cut. They all sound delish! I second the rainforest cafe or trex but I don't know if they do the dining plan....
Old 07-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #24
JamieH
Earning My Ears

Wanting to jump in and read your PTR! Your kids are so cute! I have kids about the same age (3 1/2 and 8 mths) so I know what you mean about the 3 yr old LOL Isn't 3 a fun age?? haha

The ADRs look good, but man, you are brave! I only booked lunchs and/or character meals b/c I'm scared of how my kids will behave LOL They are ok most of the time when we go out to eat, but I figure they'll be tired and cranky sometimes, so I don't want to risk any other choices.

We are staying off-site our first night and I want see if I can talk DH into staying another night or two off-site at the end of our trip. 5 days isn't long enough for me!!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #25
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I'm not sure what restaurant you should cut because that would be a very hard choice LOL!! However as far a restaurants go in DTD....have you thought of either T-REX or Rainforest Cafe, they both would be kid friendly and louder restaurants?????
I know! I talked with Rob today about just keeping our same restaurants. DD is scared of Rainforest Cafe so that is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oooh, I don't know which one I would cut. They all sound delish! I second the rainforest cafe or trex but I don't know if they do the dining plan....
Yeah, DD doesn't like Rainforest, I think it is the combo of being dark and all the animal sounds. For some reason I'm just not interested in T-Rex. I am sure when DS gets older we will be there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
Wanting to jump in and read your PTR! Your kids are so cute! I have kids about the same age (3 1/2 and 8 mths) so I know what you mean about the 3 yr old LOL Isn't 3 a fun age?? haha

The ADRs look good, but man, you are brave! I only booked lunchs and/or character meals b/c I'm scared of how my kids will behave LOL They are ok most of the time when we go out to eat, but I figure they'll be tired and cranky sometimes, so I don't want to risk any other choices.

We are staying off-site our first night and I want see if I can talk DH into staying another night or two off-site at the end of our trip. 5 days isn't long enough for me!!
In November we stayed 5 days and it was way too short. It felt like we just got there and had to leave.

We do early dinners, like 5 pm. The restaurants are usually empty so that is good.

I see you have a PTR, I'll check it out tonight.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #26
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Hours are up!!

The October hours are out!!!!

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...lendar_Oct.pdf

Now the serious planning of ADRs and parks can begin. I was nervous they wouldn't come out until right before my 90 day mark, but now I can really think things over. Now I'm just waiting on TGM for his best days.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #27
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post

Now the serious planning of ADRs and parks can begin. I was nervous they wouldn't come out until right before my 90 day mark, but now I can really think things over. Now I'm just waiting on TGM for his best days.
YAY thank you so much for posting these now I'm off to explore them and see what is happening!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #28
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post

You Rock! I wasn't even going to look for a few more days, now the work starts

I can't help much on DTD ADR's because I have never had one there. When we went in 2005 we walked into a sitdown restaurant there that was good - but I don't even know the name of it (I've learned so much since then )
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #29
twenty3curls
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow Michigander, just jumping in! Your plans sound great

Not sure if you're still looking for off-site hotels, but I highly recommend Buena Vista Suites. I've stayed there 4 or 5 times and it's great. It's on the corner of 535 and 536 and only 1.5 miles from the DW gate. Each room is suite with a living room (with pullout couch and flat-screen TV) and one bedroom (either two queens or one king...the beds are to die for!). The BR also has a flat-screen. The bathrooms are quite roomy and there are 2 sinks (one in the bathroom and one in the dressing area). The were just remodeled....very sleek looking.

If you have a AAA card, the Queen suite is like 80-90 bucks. King is usually 20 more. But, if you go to their web site (buenavistasuites.com) on Thursdays they have one-day sales each week and you can probably get an even better rate.

ALSO...there is a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning...great selection of cold and hot foods - cereals, bagels, toast, fruit, pancakes/waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, oatmeal, cottage cheese, etc.

Seriously...I have a hard time talking my DF into staying on-property because these rooms are so nice, big, close and inexpensive. I could never talk him into a value or mod over this hotel.

Well, that's all I have! Looking forward to reading more!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY thank you so much for posting these now I'm off to explore them and see what is happening!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
You Rock! I wasn't even going to look for a few more days, now the work starts

I can't help much on DTD ADR's because I have never had one there. When we went in 2005 we walked into a sitdown restaurant there that was good - but I don't even know the name of it (I've learned so much since then )
I'm so excited too!!

I'm thinking about ditching the DTD ADR. I was just going to do it because I thought my DH would want to eat there since we are so close and he said this morning that he didn't care either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty3curls View Post
Hello fellow Michigander, just jumping in! Your plans sound great

Not sure if you're still looking for off-site hotels, but I highly recommend Buena Vista Suites. I've stayed there 4 or 5 times and it's great. It's on the corner of 535 and 536 and only 1.5 miles from the DW gate. Each room is suite with a living room (with pullout couch and flat-screen TV) and one bedroom (either two queens or one king...the beds are to die for!). The BR also has a flat-screen. The bathrooms are quite roomy and there are 2 sinks (one in the bathroom and one in the dressing area). The were just remodeled....very sleek looking.

If you have a AAA card, the Queen suite is like 80-90 bucks. King is usually 20 more. But, if you go to their web site (buenavistasuites.com) on Thursdays they have one-day sales each week and you can probably get an even better rate.

ALSO...there is a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning...great selection of cold and hot foods - cereals, bagels, toast, fruit, pancakes/waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, oatmeal, cottage cheese, etc.

Seriously...I have a hard time talking my DF into staying on-property because these rooms are so nice, big, close and inexpensive. I could never talk him into a value or mod over this hotel.

Well, that's all I have! Looking forward to reading more!
A fellow Michigan traveler! Yeah! Welcome!

Thank you for the tip! I have been looking at them online and they look so nice. I'm afraid if we stay there my DH will never want to stay onsite again.

We do belong to AAA, so I'm thinking that we will probably stay there both days. We'll see as it gets closer.

I just got back from a BabiesRUs, JCPenney, UHaul run and let me tell you my nerves are shot! Man, carting two kids around while trying to run errands is a major pain.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a double stroller? We currently have the Sit and Stand Deluxe, but it is being sent back tomorrow. I have nothing but problems with it since I bought it and the crappy customer service at One Step Ahead sent me over the edge yesterday with the stroller. The CSR implied that since I bought the stroller on a discount that I had no right to complain that things were breaking/ripping/not working correctly. So after I very so kindly told her I wanted my money back and to speak to a manager she transfered me and the manager was even more rude. Next step up the line told me I could have my money back and no shipping fees.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: