Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #151
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm also in!!!! All of your plans sound great!!! When I was younger we always used to stay off site on the first night--usually at a marriott so I know the feeling!

Can't wait to read more!!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #152
joy13
DIS Veteran

Great ADR's - flight plans - it's all coming together!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #153
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We can check more planning things off our list!

Rob made the flight and car rental reservations today!!

We were able to get a non-stop flight from Detroit! I'm so happy. We leave at 10 am, so we'll be in Orlando around 1pm!!

Our return flight is at 8 am though. Boo!!

He also reserved our rental car.

And last but not least I got an e-mail notice from UT that our tickets were being shipped!

It is finally starting to feel real with the flights, ADRs, and now tickets!!

Ariving at 1pm is good... leaving at 8am....ohhh We always try to leave the lastest possible.. on our upcomming trip were leaving at 6pm.

Everything is coming together nicely...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #154
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

It sounds like all of your reservations are set now. Hotel, plane, dining. AND tickets as well!!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #155
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

All caught up now. You were a busy bee while I was away

Great ADRs! LC and RnC are two of our favs as well. both will be hit this time.

DH is complaining because we are leaving later and returning earlier than normal. Travelling with another family is all about flexiblity.

Thanks for checking in on me while I was gone
Old 07-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #157
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You got some major things crossed off the planning list today!!!
Yes, it is all coming together nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Drea-I'm so happy you got what you wanted...

Your comment about asking Rob about the computer and the blah, blah, blah-made me laugh-it hit a little close to home as did how you would have reacted...

Love the photos of your children at Sesame Place-we're going next week with my niece and nephew...

You must feel pleased now that everything is falling into place...
Thank you! I'm happy with our choices.

Yeah, I'm not known for my patience with computer issues, so it's best that I try to figure things out on my own sometimes.

We had a great time at Sesame Place. I wish we would have blocked off 2 days for that park.

Yes, it feels like things are starting to come together with the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm also in!!!! All of your plans sound great!!! When I was younger we always used to stay off site on the first night--usually at a marriott so I know the feeling!

Can't wait to read more!!

Welcome!! I'm looking into hotels now and it is giving me a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Great ADR's - flight plans - it's all coming together!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post

Ariving at 1pm is good... leaving at 8am....ohhh We always try to leave the lastest possible.. on our upcomming trip were leaving at 6pm.

Everything is coming together nicely...
Yes, it sucks. We never have good luck with the return flight. There has been so many flight cuts from Detroit to Orlando. Southwest doesn't even do non-stop flights anymore. So if we wanted to stay later we would have had to pay a major fee, so we just added on another night. That's Disney math for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
It sounds like all of your reservations are set now. Hotel, plane, dining. AND tickets as well!!
Yup! Now just trying to figure out off-site hotels for our first and last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
All caught up now. You were a busy bee while I was away

Great ADRs! LC and RnC are two of our favs as well. both will be hit this time.

DH is complaining because we are leaving later and returning earlier than normal. Travelling with another family is all about flexiblity.

Thanks for checking in on me while I was gone
Yes, I was busy. I didn't get to do any shopping like your DH though! (what's up with that? )

Thanks! We are looking forward to both of them so much!

I'm glad you had a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great ADR's!!
Thanks!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #158
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Offsite Issues

Ugh! When we decided to fly in early so we didn't have to rush around our first day and feel like we miss a whole day of our vacation I was pumped! Rob said that I could just pick an offsite hotel and whatever was fine.

Well...you know I just can't pick a hotel and "go with it". I'm researching away here and trying to find a good deal, in a good location, that is cheap... Needless to say I feel like I've spent to much time on this and when I start to narrow it down Rob says, "Do you think you could find a 1 Bedroom suite for a good price so we can make sure to get a good night's sleep?" Um, you couldn't tell me that 3 days ago?! So, back to square one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

As for the last night, a very nice poster named Madge from the Jon & Kate thread, suggested that we stay at the airport Hyatt since our flight leaves at 8am. GREAT IDEA! I hadn't even thought of that! So I start to look into it today and apparently it isn't offered on Hotwire for the day I need. So now I'm trying to figure out if it is on Priceline. Another headache.

I was going to work on all this tonight, but I need a break.

Any ideas or suggestions for hotels? Priceline? Finding cheap hotels?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #159
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Have looked over at Mousesavers? They have links to hotels around Disney and I think sometimes they have information about discounts.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #160
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Have looked over at Mousesavers? They have links to hotels around Disney and I think sometimes they have information about discounts.
Yes, I have been over there getting some prices. I just need to read up a little more on suites. I never realized how much info. that website had...it's a great resource for sure.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #161
smiley1
Earning My Ears

Hi there! I just started reading your trip report and I'm hooked! Your kids are adorable!! As for hotels, have you looked into the WDW Hilton? It's right next to, if not on property. We stayed there on our first trip and it was wonderful! It have family suites and seems to be fairly inexpensive if you get a good deal (priceline!) Anyway, good luck and happy planning!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #162
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley1 View Post
Hi there! I just started reading your trip report and I'm hooked! Your kids are adorable!! As for hotels, have you looked into the WDW Hilton? It's right next to, if not on property. We stayed there on our first trip and it was wonderful! It have family suites and seems to be fairly inexpensive if you get a good deal (priceline!) Anyway, good luck and happy planning!
Welcome! Thank you!!

I have looked at the Hilton online! I like Priceline when I don't really care where we stay, but when I want something specific it makes me a nervous wreck!

Thanks for the tip.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #163
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at the Sheraton Safari before and it was a beautiful place. I enjoyed it. The beds were so comfy! The blankets so soft. Sigh. Plus the pool had a giant python waterslide...can't be that!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #164
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I've stayed at the Sheraton Safari before and it was a beautiful place. I enjoyed it. The beds were so comfy! The blankets so soft. Sigh. Plus the pool had a giant python waterslide...can't be that!
Thanks for the tip! You can't beat a python slide.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #165
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Mickey Mail & Offsite Hotels!!

Look what came in the mail today!!! Rob wants Goofy, so I guess that leaves me with Pluto. The Jr. ticket was already Minnie so that worked out perfect for A.

Also, after staying up way to late last night researching hotels and taking into consideration that Rob wanted at 1 Bedroom I decided to try to get one on Hotwire for our first and last nights.

Our thinking is that we are arriving in Orlando one day early so that we will be in a good mood on our first Disney day. So, if we got a regular room then it is possible that B. would sleep all night, but we didn't want to take that chance.
So after doing my Hotwire research I was able to get a 1 Bedroom at the Sheraton Vistana Village for $80!

For our last night I had originally wanted to stay at the airport but Rob talked me into getting the 1 Bedroom on our last night as well. His thinking was that we needed all the sleep we could get since we had an early flight and since I'm not the best morning person under regular conditions I needed to be able to get some rest to deal with the kids in the airport and on the flight. I was able to get this same hotel for our last night for $81!

Here are some pix of the hotel:

So, now that our accomodations are all settled I can start writing things in my Passporter. This is my first time buying one and I already love it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: