Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #31
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Why do I think that there will be a Pop Warner group at CSR around August 23rd? Or am I way off on that?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Why do I think that there will be a Pop Warner group at CSR around August 23rd? Or am I way off on that?
Doesn't ring a bell to me. I know there is a big baseball/softball tournament arriving tomorrow at the All Stars and the Caribbean.

Here is the latest list we have for conventions. However, this is only what people have submitted to us. There could be things that we are missing. I do know there was some type of Pop Warner cheerleader thing earlier this year at the CSR.

April 19 - 23, IAPP-U International Accounts Payable Professionals
Apr 26 -28, AACSB International 2009 - International Conference and Annual Meeting
April 27 - 28, USASF/IASF - FIFTH ANNUAL COACHES CONFERENCE AND INDUSTRY TRADE SHOW

May 3 - 6, FTA 2009 Forum & Info*Flex
May 6 - 9, Nursing 2009 Symposium
May 14 - 16, 9th Annual FOCUS Conference
May 17 - 22, STLE Annual Convention

Jun 15 - 20, Wester CPE CPA Conference

Jul 3 - 4, 2009 US Open Karate Championship
Jul 7 - 12, Friends for Life Annual Conference
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD

Aug 25 - 29, Florida Recreation & Park Association

Sept 30 - Oct 4, Society of American Foresters National Convention

Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2009, HACU 23rd Annual Conference
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #33
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I'll be there Dec 12th-20th with Mark and my mom. I stayed at POFQ a few years ago when POP Warner was there. The parks were fine. The kids are usually in competitions all day. The food court in the mornings gets wild and they did start practicing their cheers around sunrise every morning in any open space they could find, which was not a good way to wake up every morning. They also take over the pools. The other problem with them is that they run in huge packs at night in the parks and at DTD. If they see another group they immediately start trying to outcheer the others. They are teenagers acting like obnoxious teenagers. The only problem is, that there are soooo many of them together. Oh, yes they also like to cheer on the buses at night coming home from the parks They couldn't care less about the parents on there with sleeping kids. Saying all of that, I have no intention of changing our resort. Supposedly CSR plans to put them all in the Rancho section. That's the one section I really dislike anyway. I'm requesting Cabanas or Casitas and just won't be spending any time at the main pool while they're there. Now if I happen to get assigned to the Ranchos on the 12th, you may hear me squawking loud enough to disturb the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. Either that or if you are in another section, you may have three roommates that night. The only thing is, both Mark and my mom snore loudly, whereas of course I don't. lol If you get stuck in the Ranchos that first night, you could always come share our room. lol POP Warner should be gone by the next day.
Thanks.... Vanessa
I'll probably just tough it out anyway.... how bad can it be anyway. Most of them probably will be heading out on Sat and Sun anyways and my chances of getting my requests are much better!
Hey are you guys doing the dining plan in Dec?
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #34
DisCopper
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I'd try to change resorts (at Disney or not) any time that I learned there was a large kids group there. I worked in hotels for years, and they are ALWAYS horrible. The kids run around like maniacs, and the parents sit in the bar, or at the pool, and drink. The hotel staff tries to be polite (even though they hate the kids groups--- sorry--- if you're in a kids group, the staff hates you), but there is usually nothing they can do about it.

I was recently stuck at a hotel out of town where a large group of kids in a baseball tournament were staying. It rained. They didn't play. They about tore the place down. The poor cop who was hired as "security" ran his butt off. The staff did nothing because the large group was bringing in more money than us poor slobs staying for 2 nights.

I'm not trying to start a confrontation here. I'm guessing there are very well behaved kids out there, and even better behaved parents. But after some of the amazingly bad behavior I've seen, I wouldn't risk my Disney vacation on it.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #35
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

I know there's some sort of Soccer Nationals tournament the end of July at WWOS just like last year for kids of all ages through high school. Last year my sister's family stayed at CBR & there were alot of families staying there. I think that it was up to the individual teams that qualified to decide where they wanted to stay. Not a package set up like Pop Warner and other organizations.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #36
omghidanielle
DIS Veteran

I was actually very amused when we were on a bus with an entire high school basketball team. I sat behind this real 'toughguy' who texted his girlfriend 'Monica my <3' all sorts of sweet nothings in txt sp33k. I loved every second of it.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #37
ppoe65
Mouseketeer

RE: pop warner

Not to beat a dead horse, but due to a late change our reservation, we stayed at AS Sports during PW. Not only were they rude, there was a fight in the cafeteria. The kids were throwing chairs at one another. At night at the pool, they took over. The children not involved in PW stayed in one section of pool and the PW kids were loud and obnoxious. I highly reccommend you switch resorts. As someone said the parks were no problem, it is the resort in morning and night. Good Luck
ppoe65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #38
Gary M
DIS Veteran

The Brazilian Tour groups make the Pop Warner players and cheerleaders look like angels. I have been to WDW more than one time when these groups were there.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #39
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post
Thanks.... Vanessa
I'll probably just tough it out anyway.... how bad can it be anyway. Most of them probably will be heading out on Sat and Sun anyways and my chances of getting my requests are much better!
Hey are you guys doing the dining plan in Dec?
Right now we are doing the basic DDP, but discussing doing the DxDDP again and dining at alot of Signature restaurants. We'll probably wind up with the basic plan though. By the way, my mom asked if I had talked to you lately and said to tell you hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
The Brazilian Tour groups make the Pop Warner players and cheerleaders look like angels. I have been to WDW more than one time when these groups were there.
I've been there during both. I prefer the parks during POP Warner, but when it comes to the resorts the Brazilian tour groups and POP Warner are about tied. Teenagers are going to be teenagers, no matter their nationality and if you have a large group of them with little to no supervision, they are all disruptive, screaming, heathens.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #40
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoe65 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but due to a late change our reservation, we stayed at AS Sports during PW. Not only were they rude, there was a fight in the cafeteria. The kids were throwing chairs at one another. At night at the pool, they took over. The children not involved in PW stayed in one section of pool and the PW kids were loud and obnoxious. I highly reccommend you switch resorts. As someone said the parks were no problem, it is the resort in morning and night. Good Luck
Poor you! you were there for the fight that made the nightly news ?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #41
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

We are staying at the Poly during that time. Will we have any problems there? And what should we expect at the parks??? Is it true that the parks shouldn't be effected much during the daytime - just in the evenings?

THANKS!

Picabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #42
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
We are staying at the Poly during that time. Will we have any problems there? And what should we expect at the parks??? Is it true that the parks shouldn't be effected much during the daytime - just in the evenings?

THANKS!
There won't be any problems with your stay at The Poly. Not to worry, you'll have a great time.

The parks themselves seem to absorb the 'Popsters' with little problems, so you are OK there as well.....

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Joshua_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #43
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Occasionally in the park you run into groups of Cheerleaders that feel the need to shriek their songs/cheers.I had to tell a bunch of them on POC to stop(My friend and I, we got stuck on a boat of them), they had a chaperone, but the chaperone just laughed and kept encouraging them I understand they have team pride and spirit, but screaming in my ears all thru pirates was not acceptable
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #44
Marquibiri
HHN Addict!

I feel terrible.

I have booked my HONEYMOON at the Pop Century from Dec 6 - 14. I think I´m gonna cry! I had no idea about the Pop Warner till after I booked the resort. I am spending my cash on romantic dinners, all parks, sea world, busch gardens, cirque du soleil and won´t have enough to upgrade to a moderate.
Imagine that, a Honeymoon at Pop Century during Pop Warner. I did get a preferred room and expect to request a view behind the pool overlooking the lake. Will that help? Darn it.
Marquibiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #45
cazzie
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Movies last December arriving the same time as Pop Warner and I was dreading it. The only time we run into them was the morning they were going home and they were in the food court otherwise I wouldn't have known they were there.
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani

cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: