Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
wdwgirl100
Mouseketeer

Cancel dining plan?

This may sound like sour grapes but I am thinking of cancelling the dining plan I have booked because they are giving out pin codes now for the first of December. I haven't gotten one obviously, and it kind of burns me up to know that while I am paying for it the people next to me may have gotten it for free. I feel a little miffed about the whole "random list" that they use to send out the pin codes.
wdwgirl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

just hang on. I felt the same way, but i got my pin yesterday. Give it a little while, something might open up for Visa holders or even to the general public. I would get the dining plan either way, but I totally get how you feel I was kind of miffed too waiting for a pin.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
11/2014 ASSP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
wdwgirl100
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the encouragement, I get my hopes up everyday! Please, Disne, Please!
wdwgirl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

I feel the same way! Honestly, I'm not going to pay rack rate and full price for dining, so unless something comes out, we're not going to Disney.

The whole "random" PIN deal does annoy me a little...some people get 3 PIN codes within a couple weeks and then others get nothing. I'm ready to book, my dates are flexible, but I need a little incentive to make it happen. I refuse to pay rack rates, especially when other people are getting deals for the time I want to go.

That all said....its still early, so I'm hoping something still comes out.
HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
I feel the same way! Honestly, I'm not going to pay rack rate and full price for dining, so unless something comes out, we're not going to Disney.

The whole "random" PIN deal does annoy me a little...some people get 3 PIN codes within a couple weeks and then others get nothing. I'm ready to book, my dates are flexible, but I need a little incentive to make it happen. I refuse to pay rack rates, especially when other people are getting deals for the time I want to go.

That all said....its still early, so I'm hoping something still comes out.
I feel exactly the same way. If we get the free dining, we will go. If not, we won't. I just want to call and say, "All you have to do is send me a pin, and we will book immediately!" Here's hoping we get a nice postcard in our mailbox tomorrow!
MickeyMomTo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
I feel exactly the same way. If we get the free dining, we will go. If not, we won't. I just want to call and say, "All you have to do is send me a pin, and we will book immediately!" Here's hoping we get a nice postcard in our mailbox tomorrow!
If you call and it works, let me know! As far as I'm concerned, we're the type of people they should be targeting...I'm ready to book, but I need a deal. I'll take anything at this point!
HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
foxlore
Mouseketeer

It annoys me too... I'm an AP and Visa holder and I have NEVER NOT ONCE gotten a PIN!!! It really is annoying - enough so that I have considered not renewing the AP etc...
foxlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
akcire
Mouse expert, computer challenged
I am flushing myself to Disney

Pins I can't use

Disney ONLY sends me PIN codes that I can not use. By that I mean, every time I get a discount code it is to bring kids for free. Problem being, I have no kids.

Are their marketing people thinking???!!!! Do they look at my resort reservations from the past? Do they think I leave my children aged 3-9 locked in my basement???

My husband said, we should bring our cats. He is certain Jack (our cat) would really like the dining plan, even if he doesn't like the tea cup ride.

So I totally agree with everyone else, just send me a pin I can use and I will be there.

If you see a couple sitting with a cat at Le Cellier, it may be me.
akcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
Mickey country
Mouseketeer

We go 1 to 2 times a year for 10+ days, and have never recieved a pin code! My mom goes once, and recieves them all the time. I guess they think I'm gonna come anyway, why send them a pin. We do always get some sort of discount (free dining, or room codes for visa card or general public) can't afford to go at full price.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:53 AM   #10
queenie1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl100 View Post
This may sound like sour grapes but I am thinking of cancelling the dining plan I have booked because they are giving out pin codes now for the first of December. I haven't gotten one obviously, and it kind of burns me up to know that while I am paying for it the people next to me may have gotten it for free. I feel a little miffed about the whole "random list" that they use to send out the pin codes.
If you cancel the dining plan you were going to enjoy the only person who is missing out is you. I paid for the dining plan in Dec. 08 and our family enjoyed every last bite. We are going for free dining this fall and I am thankful to have it, but do I regret paying for the plan in Dec.? No, I have never gotten a pin for free dining. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like one but I refuse to let what I don't have ruin what I do.

Why do some get upgraded? Why didn't I win the night in the castle last year? Why didn't I get a dream fast pass? Why does my daughter suffer from allergies? Why can't I have a bigger house, new car or even tickets a few rows closer for the Jonas Brothers concert this summer. Our seats are third from the very last row, but hey, my kids are going

I'm only responding not to judge but to let you know that I have felt this way about many things and have come to realize that the only one I am hurting is myself when I let these things bother me. Try to be thankful that your family is healthy enough to go to Disney and afford the dining plan. I'm sure when you aren't looking for a pin, that's when it will come
queenie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #11
Bean Counter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcire View Post
Disney ONLY sends me PIN codes that I can not use. By that I mean, every time I get a discount code it is to bring kids for free. Problem being, I have no kids.
I'm in the same boat. Maybe I should just give up and borrow some of the neighbor kids.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #12
Bete
DIS Veteran

Arrow I think there will be a deal coming for free dining in early Decemeber

at least for Visa holders.

We are getting spoiled about getting discounts to go to Disney World, now including me. Over the last 5 years, I go at least once a year and I won't go without a deal, now. Frankly, I couldn't justify it without a deal. Pin codes have not come my way too often, either but I manage okay with the Disney Visa offers, etc. I don't like the selective marketing practices on these pin codes at all. Disney will continue them; so, you just have to accept it.

Please remember that for most folks the dining plan plus is still a good deal without getting it free. It's suppose to be a savings of about 35% compared to OOP because you are buying the plan.

I'm hoping for a December deal, too. It is early and last year the deal for free dining at that December time was not announced until September. I believe, the same deal with Visa will hit this year, too and it will be annouced earlier.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by Bete; 06-30-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 AM   #13
Corwin12
DIS Veteran

I called yesterday because I got a pin for September and October. Problem is, I cannot take a vacation until the begining of December. I told the CM if I was offered a discount in December, I would book right then and there. But, alas, I was told that the Begining of December was a very busy time for them and they would most likely sell out of rooms.
Corwin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #14
PirateFrank
Avast!

Im actually in the same boat.

My wife and I booked a family vacation for Nov 29-Dec 8 back in February of this year. While we received some bit of discount...

...the fact that Dining Plan offers for this same time of year are flying around has me steamed. What ends up happening, is that I pay for dining, and get doubly screwed, because folks getting it for free get to clog up the ADR system.

Part of me feels that if someone's getting the Dining for free, they should get to book their ADRs 45 days out....given the people that are paying full freight first right of refusal on ADRs....THAT seems fair.

Otherwise, extend the offer to everyone!
10/2008 - Poly
12/2009 - WL
8/2010 - CRB, Vero, BLT
10/2011 - BLT
4/2012 - Vero, BCV
1/2013 - Poly
PirateFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #15
DsnyQueen
Earning My Ears

You can't punish everyone...

I agree that it is often not fair that some people get deals and others don't. Having said that, I also don't think that it would be fair to punish those who were lucky enough to get a deal. We already had a vacation scheduled with dining plan and were okay with paying full price. Luckily, we got a pin for free QS dining and upgraded to the DDP. I would not be okay with then being punished with only being able to make ADRs at the 45 day mark, especially since other members of our larger group didn't get a discount and are paying full price for the DDP. It is sort of disappointing to know that pins are going out for the discount during the timeframe we originally booked (6 months + ago) that will now limit the ADR availability for all of us (even those who are paying full price for everything), but that's the risk we took when we decided we would go at a specific time no matter what discounts came out. If you really want to limit the # of people who book ONLY because of a discount - specifically free dining - then don't let them book ADRs at all...See?! That mentality ruins it for everyone, huh?
DsnyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: