Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
beccar
Earning My Ears

Talking DH says we can go deluxe-help!

Hey Everyone! We are booked for POFQ Oct. 22-29. My DH says we might not go to Disney again for a couple years so we might as well go Deluxe! This is our 1st family trip to Disney with dd6 and ds3. I'm leaning towards the Beach Club b\c of the pool, but Contemporary is right on the monorail and the new splash area for the kids sounds great, if it's ready in Oct. Wilderness Lodge is out of the question b\c we go to Great Wolf alot and the theming is similar, we want something different. Please give me your opinions oh mighty Dissers!!

patiently waiting 2011 December Dream Cruise
2009 first family trip to Disney World
1998 Disney World honeymoon
1984 Disneyland
beccar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at the Beach Club, but we have stayed at the CR. The only other deluxe we've stayed at is the Polynesian and we prefer it over the CR. I would pick the Poly or the Beach Club, as you said, for the great pool.
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
AMB1
Mouseketeer

There are so many deluxe resorts your children would love. Where do you expect to spend most of your time? DH and I absolutely loved the EPCOT area resorts during our adult only trip, but now that we have young children, we prefer to stay near the MK. Our kids are younger than yours though, and still fall asleep in strollers -- so we loved being able to push the strollers onto the monorail when leaving the MK.

If your kids are past that stage though, or if you think your children will want to spend a lot of time at EPCOT and HS, then you really can't beat the location of BC/YC/BWI. There are tons of dining options close at hand and lots to do around the boardwalk. Walking to two resorts is just awesome (don't let Stormalong Bay sway you unless you are going during swimming weather though).

2014 Disney Magic/POFQ
2013 Disney Wonder Alaska
2012 Beach Club
2010 Contemporary
2009 Grand Floridian
2005 Boardwalk Inn
AMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
mpetti
DIS Veteran

Talking

My vote is for CR we stayed in Aug 07 and my boys loved it. Plus it's close to MK and having the monorail to hop on with young kids is the best. I am sure what ever you choose you will love and enjoy. Good Luck and have fun planning.

Maryann
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at any deluxe resort, and I don't know how I'd be able to choose one, I'd love to stay at either Beach Club or Contemporary! I think I'd lean more towards Contemporary just because of the monorail...but then again, the Poly and GF also are on the monorail route and I'd love to stay at both of those resorts as well!

Sorry I'm no help, but congrats on being able to stay deluxe!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

My son and I love GF resort...love the location, great gounds, restaurants, beach/pool area (my son loves he can play in the sand and then go to the zero entry pool) My son loves the kids waiting area. His favorite thing to do each night is ride the monorail before going to bed (he loves being a co-pilot). He does not fireworks up close so we can watch it from our room or gasparilla grill. I love it that my son and husband naps while I walk around and shop or have a Spa treatment. Your two kids would love the location...its one stop monorail ride to MK and one boat ride back to GF resort. Its an amazing hotel.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
beccar
Earning My Ears

I never thought of GF. I assumed it would be too fancy schmancy for young kids! Thanks for giving me something to think about!

patiently waiting 2011 December Dream Cruise
2009 first family trip to Disney World
1998 Disney World honeymoon
1984 Disneyland
beccar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

GF is not too fancy for kids...I think your daughter will like it...when we check in, the CM talked to my son first and gave him stickers, coloring book and crayons and then turned to me and said may I help you check in. All the CMs were so nice to my son. My son calls this his away home...last month he asked when can we visit my away home again mommy. I explained to him we are staying at a different resort this year (this year we want to stay at an Epcot resort) and we will try to go there next year. This is my son favorite Disney resort.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
TJA
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both BC and CR with our young kids. We love both of those resorts for completely different reasons. At BC, we have a million non-park options, it seems, because of the boardwalk being right there with lots of entertainment and surrey bike rentals. There are nightly movies shown on the beach, Beaches & Cream, campfire, etc. We also love being able to walk to 2 parks, and our kids love both Epcot and HS. And of course, our kids could play in the sandy-bottom pool area for hours every day.

At CR, we are surrounded by MK and the Castle 24/7. So when we stay at CR, we tend to focus on MK. The new kid pool area sounds interesting and I'm anxious to see pictures and try it out. We love Chef Mickeys and the walking path to MK. And the views from CR are breathtaking.

Two completely different experiences at those 2 resorts. Just depends on what you are looking for. Congrats and have fun!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
lirija
Real Live Pirate Grrrl!

If you at staying at CR and taking the monorail to MK, do you have to transfer at the TTC first before going past the Poly and GF? I can't remember from the last time I stayed on a monorail resort, and a friend is considering staying there with her family b/c it is close to MK. I told her it wasn't that close b/c the monorail goes the other way, but I am I wrong about the transfer part?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
AMB1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirija View Post
If you at staying at CR and taking the monorail to MK, do you have to transfer at the TTC first before going past the Poly and GF? I can't remember from the last time I stayed on a monorail resort, and a friend is considering staying there with her family b/c it is close to MK. I told her it wasn't that close b/c the monorail goes the other way, but I am I wrong about the transfer part?
The resort monorail makes a continuous loop from the CR to the MK with stops at the TTC, Poly and the GF. There is no need to transfer at the TTC unless she wants to go to EPCOT, in which case she would get off the resort monorail at the TTC and board the EPCOT monorail.

Although you are correct about the direction in which the resort monorail travels, the CR is very convenient to the MK because there is actually a walkway from the hotel to the park. She can walk to the MK. On the way home from the park, the CR would be the first monorail stop.

2014 Disney Magic/POFQ
2013 Disney Wonder Alaska
2012 Beach Club
2010 Contemporary
2009 Grand Floridian
2005 Boardwalk Inn
AMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirija View Post
No transfer needed; both monorails run in a complete circle.

The Resort monorail runs to the three hotels and the MK. It will stop at all three hotels along the way. I believe the Resort monorail runs counter-clockwise and would go from MK to CR, TTC, Poly, GF and then back to MK.

The express monorail only runs clockwise from TTC to MK and back to TTC. So, if you're staying at CR, you would be riding the monorail a little longer because of the loop.

However, there is also a path that you can walk from CR to the MK.
scoot241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

I would go with the Contemporary and besides having access to the Resort Monorail anytime you want to use it, they also have a walkway to the Magic Kingdom since they are the closest resort to there. Besides that the kids splash play area should be finished by this October and their whole pool area will have been 100% renovated by that time. Besides that I believe the Contemporary has a lot more atmosphere then the Beach Club because their stores and most of their dining locations are all located on the 4th floor, where as the inside of the Beach Club seems to be very boring.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
defendthehill
Mouseketeer

We went the first week of June with our 3,5,7 year old daughters and we absolutely loved The Beach Club. Your kids will LOVE the pool complex....it is a complex!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201376

2009 Beach Club
2011 Port Orleans Riverside
defendthehill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: