Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #91
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Just catching up on all your updates!

You need that picture of you and Mickey as your avatar!! It's great!!

You got some really nice pics of the kids at Chef Mickey's. Everyone of them is perfect!

I loved the desserts at CM too! I could've eaten just desserts

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #92
dd50
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures with Mickey and Minnie. How cute is that?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #93
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm loving havnig a break at work to DIS July is by far my worst month, I have 3 implementation weekends all in a row, and tomorrows is our biggie. But I can start to see the light, and its helping feel a little less stressed.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to work no a chapter, but its our last 2 days with the kiddos before they are off to their Mom for 2 weeks solid , but they are gone after Sunday and Steve has to be in Miami all next week for work, so alone time = more trip report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Don't ya hate when work get's like that - how about one of these to make you feel better

YAY - wedding plans!!!! gonna post pics of the table decorations or invites?? I am glad the florist ended up to less then what you thought so you can get exactly what you want after all it is all bout you
If you'd like me to, I'd be more then happy to post some wedding planning pics! Reminds me I need to make a payment to the photog. A good friend made the invites for me so they are very special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Okay I'm all caught up. It looks like you had a great trip so far!
Yay for being caught up I'm glad you are enjoying it. I just love having the memories stored away somewhere. It was overall an amazing trip. It had its moments, we all had our 'moods' but big picture... pretty perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Love the pics of Mickey and Minnie kissing you and Steve! They are adorable!!! Chef Mickey's is fun, isn't it? We enjoyed it lwhen we were there in December. I'm with you, the stairs for the bathrooms is very industrial! But when we were there, they were doing construction, so I just assumed it was because of that? Weird is right!!
No, no remodeling on the stairs, and still very industrial and the bathrooms that are down there are NICE so its just random.

I JUST had the idea how cute it might be to get a framed pic from our wedding day and put the pics of us getting kisses from Minnie & Mickey with it. Hmm that'd be cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfranklyn View Post
Love the nighttime pics! My kids are terrified of fireworks so we didn't do any of the evening shows while we were there. Guess we'll save that for next time.
Kids do grow out of it, I hope yours do quickly. DD8 went through a year of being terrified of fire and fireworks and loud noises, yeah that was fun, and there were 3 yrs where I just didn't attempt Illuminations! She would scream from the begining and we'd just have to walk away... quickly. But she'd then enjoy them from the bus stop - it was a distance thing for her I think... Illuminations was just TOO close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Just catching up on all your updates!

You need that picture of you and Mickey as your avatar!! It's great!!

You got some really nice pics of the kids at Chef Mickey's. Everyone of them is perfect!

I loved the desserts at CM too! I could've eaten just desserts
Oh thank you on the great compliment! It was a very fun dinner, I'm so glad that we did it. The energy was great, food - okay but energy was great!

Yes - the desserts are amazing. My fav was the mini-cheesecake. If I could remember the names of them all I'd have written more. after the cheesecake was the key lime pie thingee. LOVE key lime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Love the pictures with Mickey and Minnie. How cute is that?

Oh thank you!!! It was a fun night! I can't wait to write about our last couple days.. lots of fun moments.

Last edited by catherines_mama; 07-17-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #94
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Day 6 - Hollywood Studios 6/25

Up at at-em we were this morning – we were very excited for our rope drop at Hollywood Studios. The other night we’d done a lot of great stuff, but we’d left off the headliners – so…. That was our basic plan – Toy Story Mania FPs, Tower & Rock’n Roller Coaster, and the car stunt show & Indiana Jones. I think Steve had been waiting for this day. He was so excited to see the GUY SHOWS! LOL

We get up and moving – this day was actually pretty mild weather wise. The 105 was gone and it wasn’t too muggy out – NICE! We grabbed a quick breakfast in the food court and jumped on the bus to Hollywood Studios. When we got there and through bag check the line was really long to go through the turnstiles, but it moved along and we moved along with it.
Once through and into the park, we grabbed some times guides and maps and pulled over next to a store to get our game plan on – the crowd was still being held at the inner rope.

We look at the times guide and NO WAY – NONE of the stunt shows started until after 12noon. That makes NO sense for so many reasons but mainly really – Its Florida – In JUNE – I think they’d want to do those hot car, fire, gasoline stunts in the morning when it was at least MAYBE cooler, not in the heat of the day. Steve was crushed! We had to leave by 11. HAD TO! Or we’d lose Emma. He pouted while I decided to let him pout. I volunteerd to wiggle up towards the front of the crowd and run for TSM FPs while he and the kids hung back and I’d meet up with them. He was in no mood for the big crowd – so he agreed.

Being solo its easy to wiggle up. I got to about 4th row, I wants being pushy at all either, just finding gaps. The opening show sounded cute – although I felt like it would never end. (PS – the opening family was a DISer that day! YAY) But I could not see the show b/c well I’m 5ft tall and in the mass of people at Rope Drop.

Rope drops and I do a masterful, bub-weave, speed walk. Question – WHY do they funnel people through that tiny door In the arch and not let them use the stairs? That was comical – I wanted to say MOOOOOO! Into Pixar-ville and I’m 3rd in line for the FP machine. FPs received for 10:05. COOL. I exit to leave and walk back to meet the family and holy cow. The line of people, just waiting for FPs, was down to the Little Mermaid! WOW!

Walking back up, I was in a good mood. Frustrated for the scheduled later in the day but happy that I had FPs for TSM and we could now go enjoy the other rides. On the way to meet up with Steve I came across 3 different families trying to get a picture in front of the hat. Mom would stand with the kids while dad took the shot, then mom & dad would swap. Nah – that won’t do. I stopped and played photog for them all. Hey, I wasn’t in a rush, no problem!

**side bar – I just realized we have NO pics from this day! We had some photopass pics taken, but the CD is still enroute – I’ll have to post those once I get them

Back on track, I find Steve and the kids in the shop. Jack collects baseballs and was buying some with his spending money. Balls bought, we head to Tower of Terror & RockNRollercoaster. As we couldn’t get FPs for awhile we’d have to Stand-by them. So, Emma, Catherine & I went on Tower of Terror while Jack & Steve did whatever. Emma was so excited to be able to do this and I’m just shocked a little kid like her CAN do it. But yay.

All the way through the line, I was like “all good?” and she was beaming ear to ear. In the library with the scary movie “All good?”, she jumped up and down and clapped her hands. The scary movie made her MORE excited! In the end – it was GREAT. I didn’t feel too sick this time, probably because the entire ride I was looking at Emma. Making sure she was okay. It was a hoot to feel her float up and down. At the end she said “My feet touched HERE” pointing at the top of the seat in front of her. LOL - so fun to see her excitement.

As we were exiting I was bummed that I hadn’t told Steve to wait down there, in the shop. But they were just up on the street and easy to find. What did I find out he did while we were riding – hung out in the RockNRollercoaster shop. LOL He had gone to check it out, and while he and Jack were milling around the area, someone gave him their FPs – Just 2, but that was all we needed – YAY Cat and I didn’t have to Stand-by RockNRollercoaster!

Now, Catherine and I are the only ones that will DO this ride. Steve – Nope, sorry see ya! Jack just isn’t sure yet, he doesn’t think he’ll like rollercoasters and that’s fine and of course Em was too small. So we pretty much flew through the FP line and went right into the staging room. No Chris today, but that’s okay.

We were, for the 2nd time – in the back row! This always happens to us, but that’s okay – it is SO FUN! Just love that ride!!! And it was over way too quick. Now, before we left for Disney I heard rumors….. rumors that they were turning it into a Hannah Montana/Jonas brothers coaster – Please goodness NO! I cant think of a cool song to rock out to from either of them.. PLEASE keep it Aerosmith! Steven Tyler has a house at the beach here, maybe I should go beg him to make sure they keep the name! LOL

By the time we were done with all those rides, we start walking to Toy Story Mania – this is when I inform Steve of my PLAN!

It was after 10:00 by now and I was happy with what we’d done so far, so I suggested that after TSM, the girls and I head home to nap and swim and our men stay behind and enjoy the afternoon stunt shows. Really? Really! Steve was so excited, and I really did not mind. I'm a great wifey that way! I’d rather do that any day then have an exhausted, cranky kiddo on my hands.

TSM was so cool – I really loved this ride. Ride/Attraction, really what is it? But it was FUN! All I know is Steve had the most, then CATHERINE then me, followed by Jack & Emma was last – she’s 4 we love her but she’s easy to beat.

I wish we’d been able to do this again because it really was awesome, but by this time, FP return was after 5:00.

Having done TSM, we sat on a bench and made sure the boys had what they needed gave kisses & hugs and the girls and I departed for our long journey home – you think I’m kidding – right!....
Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #95
Perkins5
I'm just a little Disney obsessed!

Loving you TR so far! Can't wait to hear about the long trip home!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #96
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins5 View Post
Loving you TR so far! Can't wait to hear about the long trip home!!
You didnt have to wait long: Posting it now! It was just an interesting trip to the hotel... nothing too exciting
Old 07-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #97
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

End of Day 6 - Swimming & not much else

Feeling a little bit of freedom from our men, the girls and I head to the POFQ bus stop at Hollywood Studios. We walk up and there are about 3 families and they are all under that little spot of shade that the umbrella provides. We grab a spot of shade and waited. We learn that one lady had been there close to 35 minutes.

While waiting we watched MANY MANY bussed pull out empty b/c nobody was leaving from their resorts stop (I mean it WAS before lunch still). After about 20 minutes you can see the Disney Transportation lady walking around out in front of the bus stops. A lady from our stop walked across the street (no worries, no busses) to ask her what was going on. She said that she was working on a solution. About 2 minutes later, a MEARS bus pulls up and he said “I’m to take you wherever you need to go”. Umm OK. The girls and I load up, putting our stroller UNDER the bus. The girls had so much fun riding in the big bus – that had a bathroom. That was Catherine’s favorite part – knowing there was a bathroom, on the bus.

I know.. journey’s “home” have been longer, and oh wow is there a bus journey yet to be had, but waiting for that bus and then riding a Mears back to the resort – It was odd.
Getting back to POFQ, we’d planned to have lunch, swim THEN nap. Well, I was sleepy, very sleepy. So I talked the girls into lunch, nap THEN swim and it worked out great. We slept for a good 2 hours  NICE! Then we got to quietly get ready for the pool, no boys to fight over who would get dressed behind the curtain with – I swear, the kids fought daily about that darn curtain! It was a savior, but geesh!

We headed down to the pool around 2 and I was fully shocked with how busy it was. We found a chair alright. We only needed one – it was only holding our things for us. But I could not find a life-vest for Emma.

She had 3 wks of swim lessons and she’s doing MUCH better, but she just still doesn’t kick her way up too well – she just kind of sinks. At home she loves her noodle, but we didn’t bring any and have so far had no problems with the life-vest at the POFQ pool. I think what got me the most was walking around the pool and seeing MANY of them sitting on chairs with peoples belongings. Like they had reserved it for the day. That was a bit frustrating.

So, in the pool we went. I just was sure to stay right at the slide and not let her get UNDER the water too much when she came down. Catherine loved to come down 1st and catch her – she’s a great swimmer and a better big sis, but I was always there in case. I didn’t want to be THAT mom who had to have the lifeguard save her kid.

We swam around a bit, played under the fountain, jumped off the edge, did ‘bobs’ (Catherine does them in swim team and Emma thinks they are the coolest). Eventually Em had to potty so Cat and I took her to the bathroom. This was interesting – while in the bathroom I see a few girls getting ‘ready’ in the mirror. Applying eye makeup, fixing their hair etc. I didn’t really notice them MUCH, but noted the fact that they were primping for the pool – odd to me.

We walk back out to the pool and get back in. We were sitting on the steps and playing in the shallow area when I SAW the girls who were in the bathroom, like I finally SAW them. Catherine saw them too. She lifted her arm, pointed directly at them and said “MOMMY, those girls are SO inappropriate!” Yes, they were. They were not but 12 years old; one had on a sting bikini with short little daisy duke shorts and the other had on a one-piece black suit with less material then a bikini, the front covered her girlie-bits and then plunged down to below her navel. The back was barely there as well, with 1 string across the back and it exposed the top of her fanny cleavage. I mean – she was NO more then 12 years old! I could not believe it. Then to see them in the pool with their families and that was okay!
I know, I know. Disney attracts guests from many countries which brings together many cultures and every culture is different, but if my 8 yr old knows its not appropriate – someone needs more material. Please know, I did immediately lower her arm and instruct her not to stare OR point.

About 30 minutes later, Steve and Jack appear We missed them! Well I did at least. They had a wonderful time at HS. After we left they ate lunch at Pizza Planet. Steve relayed to me the fun game of “hey you’re leaving, hey you are looking for a table” that was played when he both was looking for a seat and getting up from his seat. He has truly understood what it is to be at Disney. LOVE HIM!

They LOVED Indiana Jones and he told me about the “guest volunteer” who was actually a cast member and he thought it was a trip. And of course BOTH boys loved the Stunt Show. They did other stuff between shows, I think they did Star Tours again and The Great Movie Ride again, but what mattered was they really had a great time!

We swam some more but not too long, we were all a bit tired again and the girls and I were getting a bit burnt. We all headed upstairs, took showers and took a nice little nap. I told you, I love naps!

After waking from naps we tried to decide what to do. We had nothing planned and thought maybe we’d play minigolf, but we also took a minute to look at our finances. Even though we were on DDP we didn’t have any extra meals to spare. We had plans for our last day and a half to come still. We’d also enjoyed beverages throughout the trip and the cash was running low. What to do – McDonalds! LOL We headed over to McDonalds near the All Stars for dinner.

This was the day that Michael Jackson passed away. All the TVs were only talking about that and the kids got to learn a little about some of the pop culture we’d grown up with.
McDonalds was McDonalds! LOL Is a very pretty McDonalds, but its more expensive then a regular McDonalds and didn’t have the $1 menu at all. Steve loves the McChicken, and it wasn’t there. (sad)

Dinner eaten we were tired and headed home. We made a stop for some water to fill our water bladder with. Arriving back to POFQ, we kind of meandered back to the room. We walked out to the river and walked that path back, it was a beautiful night, a storm was trying to come in so the sky was kind of grey but it was still very pretty out. We saw a horse and carriage and sat on a bench to watch it go by. Very peaceful!

Once back in the room, the kids settled into a movie while Steve and I talked about the rest of our trip, just 1 ½ days left! We had an early morning so although we’d taken naps (2 for some of us) we happily went to bed a bit early. Its amazing what the pace and the heat take out of you.

** ya know.. i was pathetic with the camera today.. I better pick up the pace tomorrow - I think I do.. we'll see**
Old 07-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #98
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

A quick Promise

For all of you still following along out there - Day 6 sure was boring huh? We didn't do much, but that was the kind of day we needed - we needed to relax and recharge - we had a really great FINISH planned to our vacation

Stay tuned - more fun to come - PROMISE!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #99
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Life has gotten in the way of me reading TR's. But I'm catching up now.

We had a day where we split up also. It worked well for us and everyone seemed much happier to see each other after getting to spend the day apart.

You mentioned the putt-putt golf....have you ever played? We've thought about it, but never have.

We were in the World Showcase that day. I remember us hearing about Michael Jackson while eating at Teppan Edo.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #100
dd50
DIS Veteran

I love the days off with nothing planned. I always need them and do love them as we do any thing or nothing. This way it feels like a vacation instead of going all the time and coming home and needing a vacation from the vacation. Enjoying your TR.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #101
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Looking back its interesting which days were our favorites. This day, was definitely a favorite for us all. We were having breakfast at Crystal Palace and our ADR was for 8:20 We’d be in the park before opening.

This was of course a 1st for Steve and the kids and we were all so excited.
Up early, dressed and ready to go! We headed down to the bus stop at around 7:00. We did not have to wait long for a bus and were on our way in no time.

Jack is wearing Steve's fitted Bucs cap... LOL big for him, but cute!

At MK we got in the breakfast line and before long were let into MK! We took our time enjoying the uncrowded paths and areas.

Please look beyond my highly in need of a workout self

Then we headed up Main Street and for whatever reason, the boys were enamored with the Indian Chief.

We continued up Main Street for some pics of the castle.

As we approached the castle we noticed them doing a press event for the Celebrate Parade, it was fun to watch, but we had to get going to CP for our breakfast. We checked in early (8:05 for 8:20) but luckily they took us right away.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #102
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Inside CP we were sat to the left of the foyer. I’d never eaten on that side. We had an amazing location off to the side and under the windows. Our window looked out to the Baby Care center, there was a lot of greenery in a garden just outside so it was a very pretty view. Our waitress was amazing and shortly after she took our drink orders we hurried up for food. We didn’t want to miss the characters.

At CP they have a great concoction as part of the childrens offering. It was like a cinnamon puff. It was really good!!! While we were in line for hot food, Pooh came out and had to cut through us to get through. Emma just could not stand it. She ran up and hugged him. I felt so bad. I know you are supposed to leave them alone unless they are visiting your table, but she got away from us. Pooh was great about it and high-5ed kids as he walked by them.

Once at our table we ate while the characters made their way around. Steve and I felt kind of sorry for them. They direction they came from was right behind Jack & Emma so they would both jump up and attack them, pushing their books and pens at them. After the 1st one we had to tell them and almost make them sit still, take their time and go one at a time.

Poor Catherine was on the far side of the table from where they walked up and was always last and most of the time Emma was between she and the character. She’s a vet at it and didn’t really mind, but I felt bad that she’d gotten the short stick. We’d had breakfast here every trip that I can recall. By the last character we told both kids to sit down and let Catherine have 1st dibs at them. LOL They were good about it.

Poor Pooh being bumbarded

Catherine got some alone time with Eeyor

And the whole fam

Breakfast eaten, characters greeted we paid our tab quickly… or more like Steve did – he figured it all out so well and I just had to sign my copy. We then headed out into Magic Kingdom. The park was just opening so the crowd was not bad at all. We had a specific plan for this day – Frontierland. While we walked in that direction I had a little conversation with Steve about Tom Sawyers Island. I told him about the paint brushes and we decided that would be our plan.

*my laptop battery is low. I will pick up on this when I get home tonight *
Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #103
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
Sorry I've been MIA lately. Life has gotten in the way of me reading TR's. But I'm catching up now.

We had a day where we split up also. It worked well for us and everyone seemed much happier to see each other after getting to spend the day apart.

You mentioned the putt-putt golf....have you ever played? We've thought about it, but never have.

We were in the World Showcase that day. I remember us hearing about Michael Jackson while eating at Teppan Edo.
No worries about being MIA. Sometimes I think Summertime is crazier then school time.

I kind of liked splitting up, I mean - I missed the boys but it was nice to have some small group time too.

A friend had sent me a txt about Michael Jackson that day, we were at teh room resting so Steve & I turned the TV on, it was all that was on any channel at all. Crazy. Hey, its all thats on any channel still it seems.

Cat and I had done Summer Winterland a few yrs ago, and we really liked it. Steve and I were just so blah by this point. LOL Kind of warn out and the sky was looking iffy. Nobody missed out really, living at a tourist beach, we have fun courses here, so its no big deal.

Quote:
I love the days off with nothing planned. I always need them and do love them as we do any thing or nothing. This way it feels like a vacation instead of going all the time and coming home and needing a vacation from the vacation. Enjoying your TR.
It was really relaxing to take that half day to do nothing much of anything. Having a longer vacation makes that feel so much more do-able without feeling like you are missing anything.

Glad you are enjoying it... check out my latest chapters... More pictures and more exciting. Our last full day was probably one of my favorite of the trip, tied with our 1st full day
Old 07-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #104
dd50
DIS Veteran

All the times that we have been there I have never eaten at CP. Will have to try it.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #105
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All the times that we have been there I have never eaten at CP. Will have to try it.

I JUST realized you have 2 wks til your trip! -Jealous!

Yes, CP is wonderful. It is beautiful to begin with, and the characters and food are great. This is pretty much the only thing we do on EVERY trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: