Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #76
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

I remember hearing the rain that night. It was a doozy!! I even got up and looked out the window because the thunder and lightning was so bad. It was coming down in sheets!!! Once I realized we weren't having a tornado, I agree with you...it was nice to sleep to.

I asked and it was Kendall, Tracey and Cody in line for Kali.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #77
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Wow looks like it turns out to be a bright and sunny day!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #78
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Wow! You got a lot done really quickly!!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #79
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

What a great photo of the kids and Alice.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #80
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great morning at MK!! Love that you ventured out and did it anyways in the rain!! And then it stopped! YAY!! I'm with you, LOVE sleeping during a rain/thunderstorm, it's the best!!!!

You got some great pics that morning! And I can't agree more....having a baby changes EVERYTHING! That is an understatement!! But you're so right, I can't spin anymore either!!! ICK!!!

Looking forward to the next installment....
It was a great morning, not even too hot either. I'm working on 2 installments right now... so SOON! I am so glad you are enjoying it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvnDizney View Post
Sounds like you had a great early day at MK. I love getting to the parks early, you get so much done!!! Also wanted to say that you children are so cute! Can't wait to read more of your trip report.

Melissa
I am all about rope drop and EMH. Steve didn't agree at 1st but after just 1 day, totally saw the need for it.

Thank you for the compliment on my kids. Its funny because they are all pretty much images of a parent. Catherine is a mini-me. Jack is a mini-Steve and Emma has a lot of her mother's looks. But whatever they are... cute is a for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
I remember hearing the rain that night. It was a doozy!! I even got up and looked out the window because the thunder and lightning was so bad. It was coming down in sheets!!! Once I realized we weren't having a tornado, I agree with you...it was nice to sleep to.

I asked and it was Kendall, Tracey and Cody in line for Kali.
I love a good Florida storm. We've had TONS of them this week out here - our lawn looks good though. It makes it hard to get out of bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Wow looks like it turns out to be a bright and sunny day!
It did, we got VERY lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Wow! You got a lot done really quickly!!!!!
That's the best thing about EMH, that's why we decided to hit Fantasy Land that day, using our time wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
What a great photo of the kids and Alice.
Aww thanks! They had great interaction with her.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #81
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - Afternoon break & Hollywood Studios

Back at the resort, Steve took the kids upstairs to change into swimsuits while I got lunch at the foodcourt, the plan was for me to bring lunch upstairs to eat before we went to the pool.

Leaving the foodcourt I had a plate full of food – including pumpkin pie (Steve’s favorite) when I ran into Wendy and her dad. Dad said to Wendy “I’m going with Dee, she’s got some great food”. MMHMM heehee.
While the kids ate we got ready for the pool and quickly headed down for a swim. We only stayed about an hour, we needed naps – as we’d planned to do Fantasmic that night. While the kids were settling in for naps I was sure to put my battery into my camera – I needed my own pics, no more stealing from Cat. LOL

The kids got up from a pretty short nap and we headed to Hollywood Studios around 4:00. It was looking a bit ominous in the sky when we walked into HS. We stopped at Hollywood & Vine to watch the plumbers. They were doing a cool show and we stayed and enjoyed it.

They wrapped up just as HSM:3 was coming down the street. We were sure to divert the kids attention elsewhere as we headed towards Star Tours. Now another thing I DON’T love, are simulators. Same thing… but I can at least close my eyes and be okay. Which is what I did all through the ride. Everyone else LOVED it and sitting next to Emma it was fun to feel her raise up a little in the seat at a few points.

Exiting Star Tours we noticed the sky had gotten even darker. We wanted to head to Muppets 3D but decided to wander the Streets of America 1st while we still had dry streets to walk on.

Catherine in San Fran

Jack in NY

Back from our tour, we lined up for Muppets 3D.

This was the 1st time I had ever been in the queue for Muppets 3D. While wrapped around the building I saw this

and thought it was the cleverist thing ever!

We decided to ride the Great movie Ride next. We really wanted to get done as much as possible tonight to save the headliners for our AM EMH at HS. It was about a 10 minute wait for GMR. This ride we got the Ganster show. I’ve always had the Cowboy show before. And I swear!! SWEAR that the Alien came down from the ceiling, not through the wall. Am I wrong? I was having Emma watch the ceiling so she wasn’t surprised by the alien. Oh well, she wasn’t as scared as I thought she’d be anyway.

Coming out of GMR we noticed it was raining. YAY RAIN. It was not hard so we just walked fast-like over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The show was just letting in so we had no wait – BINGO! We sat very much center and about 4 rows from the back. This is a very good show, I enjoyed it, as did everyone else. Emma had to sit on her knees to see well, but that was okay – she didn’t mind. I wasn’t super keen on getting so wet in there. I was already cold from getting rained on, but I just didn’t want to get MORE wet. Ya know!

We left the Voyage of the Little Mermaid around 6:20 and decided we’d go to 50s Prime Time and stay dry / have some drinks while we waited for our ADR. We checked in just around 6:30 and took seats in the lounge. The kids looked at a menu and some got a bit bent that they had to eat their veggies to get dessert. Our rules – not theirs! LOL They just got around it by NOT ordering veggies. Whatever!

At around 6:45 we were called and taken to our table. We were in that front room that has just 4 tables. Catherine and I had eaten there a few years ago, same room. The kids were a bit tired to really get into 50s but Steve and I loved it. Steve got Dad’s Meatloaf – I mean it is named after him and I got the Pot Roast (VERY GOOD).

As we finished our meal we noticed that it was STILL raining. We had plans to go wait for Fantasmic, but the rain looked to be settled in – so we decided to head back to the resort for an early night. Tomorrow WAS EMH at AK afterall. It was a very good decision as it ended up raining ALL night long.
We enjoyed our exit from HS. Looking in the stores as we walked under the overhang and did great with the bus. So far we really had NO complaints about bus service. So far…

LOL It was a really great day! We felt like by narrowing our focus we were able to get SO much done, in both MK and HS. It was a much better day then the night before.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #82
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Day 5 (ALREADY!!) - Animal Kingdom EMH

**So Steve had an overnight for work. He was trying to get back tonight but the weather isn't helping him out. The kids are off to bed and my movie is over so... why not post a trip report and check in on my Rays. They're winning, lets just hope NY and BOS aren't. ** Not a ton of pics this day.. had some malfunctions!

Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks, so I was very excited about this day. Steve had watched some programs with me about how they made AK and all the details. I think he also watched the Modern Marvels where they talked about building EE. So he was very excited to go to AK also ( as it was his 1st time ever).

We were up early – too early and the kids had poptarts in the room. While they ate, Steve did the coffee/coke run, and we were ready to leave when he got back. This was our 1st tour through POR, it wasn’t too bad, but we didn’t get to AK until 8:05.. LATE for EMH!

We enter AK and go to the left around the exhibits. Nobody was out with instruction at this time so the kids weren’t asking to stop. We did stop and do a photopass moment. Hey, EE wasn’t going anywhere.

We took the bridge to Asia and I started pointing out some details to Steve – I LOVE AK! We arrived at EE to find a long line, so the fam waited while I went and got FPs. The FP line took about 5 minutes – not too bad.

Not able to ride EE until after 9:35 we headed to Africa to ride the safari. Africa was crowded! Wait for the safari was posted 20 minutes and it was every bit of 20.

Pictures of us waiting...

*notice the fog on the camera... this will be important soon*

We were finally loaded into our vehicle (front row) and on our way. We held at the entry to the reserve, and held, and held, and held some more. The giraffe were in the middle of the path and not wanting to move. We honestly waited about 15 minutes. We could hear the radio and I heard them saying that the handlers were out there with their truck trying to tempt them away with their favorite snacks – nothing.

Catherine & I had done the Sunrise Safari for her 7th bday last spring and learned a lot about how they care for and train the animals. Well these weren’t listening. LOL We also learned that the long distance from their body to their brain turns them very blonde sometimes.

FINALLY the giraffe were clear and we could move forward – thank you!! I usually take TONS of pics of the safari but they are always the same pic of the same animal AND after the pics in the queue area (and how foggy the lense was), I’d blown on my lense to help the fog and made it worse, like horrible. I needed to let my camera dry out on its own.

We did see some great views of the giraffe, a view of an elephant and a rare view of the white rinos chasing eachother around. The coolest was the lioness. She was on the highest rock sleeping!

Other then that, we didn’t see too much – I mean – it WAS HOT! It was probably the least I've ever seen of like the 10 (maybe) safari rides I've done.

Exiting the ride we got to see some great views of the Gorilla. One was sitting on the waterfall, right at the top before it falls eating. The other was down under the lip of the overhang just laying on his back relaxing. I love watching these guys!!!

We stopped in the restroom and it was so crazy busy full, out of paper INSANE. Leaving Africa was just as insane. It was so busy and so crowded and so…. ACK! Get me out of here crazy!

It took so long to do the Safari that we could now get FPs for Kali! WOOHOO. The fam watched the monkeys while I retrieved FPs and we were off to conquer Everest.

At least the foggy lense helps with the effect.

Arriving to Everest I had every expectation Emma would be tall enough. I don’t know why I thought this but I did. I was very shocked that she wasn’t. She was very shocked that she wasn’t. Shocked and upset. She just backed up and hugged a leg in sadness. Too bad it wasn't the leg of anyone we know. LOL I held her shoulder and said "honey that person isn't family"

Steve had not wanted to ride anyway, so was glad for the excuse to not. I really wanted him to see the queue area but the CMs would NOT let him go through with us. I was sad and a little peeved, but oh well.

Since Jack had not loved Thunder Mtn in November I had a long talk with him about Everest. Did he REALLY want to ride it, was he sure, once we got on we were on… he understood and wanted to ride. He Catherine & I headed in. Being an odd number I knew I’d have to ride with Jack, just in case. Catherine has ridden it so many times (3 times in a row one PM EMH -enough to make me want to be ill) so I wasn't worried about her, but I wanted her with an adult.

I asked the CM to seat DD with a grown-up. Nope, they stuck her with a boy younger than her. NO! Nope, not happening. Sorry, it might sound bad, but if my kid is not riding with me, I wanted her to at least ride with a grown-up. So we stepped out of line and waited for the next line-up. The next time around there was a single rider gal from England who got paired with DD, in the front!

EE was great as always and I swear I saw the yeti working.. I dunno. At the end I looked at Jack – no tears. He was still alive. Did he like it? Yes. Did he want to ride again? No. Hey, he tried and I was very proud of him. LOL

Leaving the ride we checked out the photo. In the photo Catherine was holding the hand of the lady she rode with. Umm OK. LOL She told me that the lady asked if she’d hold her hand, she was scared (the lady, not Cat). I just had to laugh.

We had a Rider Swap and I asked Steve if he wanted to go – nope. Well neither did I. That backward part had done me in. But Catherine begged me to go again, and I did. I so regretted it I did not feel good. I drank sips of cold water and used a couple fans but couldn’t shake the icky feeling. We headed towards ‘Its Tough to be a Bug’ and walked through the line and into the holding area. It was crowded and I wasn’t happy to be in there. I just wanted AC and quiet! It was so noisy in there. We finally got to enter the theater and I’d messed up. I had us right up front right in front of where Hopper comes up. I warned Steve of this as Emma was next to him.

It’s a fun show it really is, I was just not feeling good. Emma was scared, I figured she would be but she did okay enough. Everyone enjoyed the ending and the exit of the bugs. LOL

It was about 10:50 by now and I knew there would be a LION KING show starting at 11. We did some quality speed walking to the theater and made it into the side entrance on the Giraffe side. This is by far my favorite favorite anything favorite at WDW. Favorite show hands down! Everyone loved it and Steve said “wow”. Heehee… He’s falling in love every moment! I LOVE IT!

After the show Catherine had to potty. She and I ran to the restroom while Steve and the kids gathered the stroller. As we strolled to Kali River Rapids exiting Camp Minnie Mickey the kids were being silly. They’d run ahead to a bench, sit and rest. We’d catch up, they’d run ahead to a bench. Nuts!

As we were parking the stroller at Kali we heard “hey ya’ll”. Well Hi miss Kendall! It was Kendall and Tracey, and Cody. They were going on Kali with FPs also. They headed down the path while we had to get Emma measured and fitted for her special bracelet. At this I laughed!! I knew what was coming! The kiddie arm.. I think it weighs down that side of the raft as everytime I’ve ridden with the kiddie arm on the float THAT seat gets the most wet. Just my observation.

We head down to the rafts and get loaded up. There was a fun family in our raft and I assured them they weren’t going to get wet, Steve & Emma were. I was by myself and put myself as far from Emma in my seat as possible.
This is a great ride but WAY – I mean WAY too short. They could do tons more. Through the fire and down the hill and… Steve & Emma got soaked Heehee! Told ya! The kids with the other family were bummed as they wanted to get wet. It was their 1st ride on Kali and they kept asking me “that’s it? Really?” mmhmm really!

We met up with Kendall, Tracey & Cody on the bridge and they were soaked HAHA. As they met up with the rest of the fam, we then headed out of AK to the bus stop. We were off for naps. Once back at POFQ we stopped for lunch and were very happy and full and ready for a nap! Just to let you know, I’m a napper at home too. I LOVE me a Sunday afternoon nap.

No pool today, we were hot and tired and just needed a good nap. Anyway we had 5:20 ADRs with the Mouse, we had to be ontime!

PS - when we got home we found an addition to our towel animals AND some more animal antics from the kids loveys. Those silly animals!

Now, let me add, all the towel animals were in the kids room after the 1st day. We'd leave all the tip in their room so they would get the attention, I mean, it was all about them - right!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #83
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I hope ya'll are doing well... I know things here are crazy, but all is good.

Spent the weekend doing wedding prep. I met with the florist and she has some great ideas and ISN'T too expensive. Saturday afternoon I worked on some table decoration with Steve's mom and did invitations. It's official!! I'm getting married 9/5 - the invites have been sent! LOL

Sunday, my best friend needed some 'girl time'. So she and I (and her 17 mos old - my god daughter AKA MINE) went furniture shopping. She's finally getting herself a real bedroom set, not just piece meal of this and that. Its beautiful too! We had a fun day.

Sunday night we were to have no kids as they were with their mom this weekend, but she had to work and didn't have a sitter, so we watched the kids. She picked them up around 11pm *yawn*. We were all asleep, Steve & the kids strewn across couches and me in bed when she got there.

Work has been slightly unbearable lately and i've been a little overwhelmed, so last night Steve and I took a break from reality and went to see Transformers - OMG what a good movie. Really - not like great plot good, but great action good and funny. I cried twice. I told you... work has been running me down, to have me crying in Transformers. LOL

So anyway - that's been my life - hectic. But tonight I plan to settle in and catch up on my report... keep an eye out!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #84
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Hi everyone! I hope ya'll are doing well... I know things here are crazy, but all is good.

Spent the weekend doing wedding prep. I met with the florist and she has some great ideas and ISN'T too expensive. Saturday afternoon I worked on some table decoration with Steve's mom and did invitations. It's official!! I'm getting married 9/5 - the invites have been sent! LOL

Sunday, my best friend needed some 'girl time'. So she and I (and her 17 mos old - my god daughter AKA MINE) went furniture shopping. She's finally getting herself a real bedroom set, not just piece meal of this and that. Its beautiful too! We had a fun day.

Sunday night we were to have no kids as they were with their mom this weekend, but she had to work and didn't have a sitter, so we watched the kids. She picked them up around 11pm *yawn*. We were all asleep, Steve & the kids strewn across couches and me in bed when she got there.

Work has been slightly unbearable lately and i've been a little overwhelmed, so last night Steve and I took a break from reality and went to see Transformers - OMG what a good movie. Really - not like great plot good, but great action good and funny. I cried twice. I told you... work has been running me down, to have me crying in Transformers. LOL

So anyway - that's been my life - hectic. But tonight I plan to settle in and catch up on my report... keep an eye out!
Don't ya hate when work get's like that - how about one of these to make you feel better

YAY - wedding plans!!!! gonna post pics of the table decorations or invites?? I am glad the florist ended up to less then what you thought so you can get exactly what you want after all it is all bout you

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 07-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #85
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hope you're hanging in there, sounds a bit nutty! Yay to hear it's official and the invites have been sent!! And glad to hear the florist is working with you!! Looking forward to your update!!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #86
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Okay I'm all caught up. It looks like you had a great trip so far!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #87
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Dinner at Chef Mickeys

Naps had, we were REFRESHED! We were on the downhill of our vacation and our bodies were feeling it. On our way to the bus we stopped to get coffee/coke at the foodcourt. We were just worn down and needed a recharge. Leaving the foodcourt, we cut through the lobby to the bus stop and ran into Wendy’s family. We were always running into them – it was great!

They were headed to GF for 1900 Park Fare and waiting for the rest of the group. While they waited, we headed to the bus stop. I remember times having to wait, but I can’t recall the exact times or it ever being that bad. We were never late for anything (except AK EMH) but it was never bad at all.

While waiting for the bus, Wendy & her family walked up and she and I got a chance to chat. Once the bus to MK came, we all hopped on. They were headed to GF, and we Contemporary for our dinner with Chef Mickey! Bus to Monorail to Contemporary - bye Wendy!

This was a big 1st for me. I’d never been to Chef Mickey’s before! I wanted to do the dinner for one reason – Dessert!!!!! Hey, I’m being honest.

We arrived at the restaurant and there was a decent line for check-in. The family and I waited in line while Steve went and got he and I a drink. Right when he was getting back, it was our turn at the podium. We signed in, were given a buzzer and directed to the photo waiting area.

We were probably the 2nd family in line and once we got up for our turn, Catherine stood where Jack wanted to stand and well, the picture taken there after is pretty funny. In one he was red faced mad. In the other Steve was just covering his face b/c he knew it was angry. LOL too funny.

Just as we were finishing up, our buzzer went off and it was our turn to be seated. It was wonderful! The restaurant had just recently opened so it wasn’t busy at all. She showed us around the restaurant and directed us to our seats.

We were seated up and to the right, past the buffet, up the stairs and the like the furthest corner from the entrance. LOL We actually liked it up there, it was kind of quiet. As soon as we got settled, we saw that Donald was downstairs but not super close, he was far enough away that we could get our 1st plate at least.

Food was good, not great but it was filling and good. As we ate, the characters came around. We had great character interaction here. It was hysterical b/c this was the most time we had to really meet with a non-face character. Emma was VERY interested in the costumes. When Minnie came around she just rubbed her arm and when Mickey was there she touched his nose. She was really just trying to figure it all out. Catherine was making faces like “mom, why is she touching them so much?” It was hysterical!

Donald was the 1st character to come see us

Then Goofy - when he came into the room he just JUMPED up. We all cheered "GOOFY!"

Next was Mickey.

Then we had Pluto

Then Minnie came to see us - Here is Catherine commenting on Emma touching them. She was just petting Minnie's arm. LOL

When it was time for Mickey to come around, I wanted MY turn, so Steve got a picture of me with Mickey and I was cracking up, it was so funny. Not only did he kiss me, but he made a huge kissy noise while he did it. And of course, when it was Minney’s turn to come around, Steve needed his own time with her. He told he, “My girl got a kiss from Mickey, how about me?”.

Food done, it was time for dessert!

When we headed up for dessert, chaotic! WOW people were fancy about these deserts. The kids waited for their ice cream while I got my goodies.

Once we were so full we were tired, it was time to head out of Chef Mickey’s. But not before I visited the restroom. Okay, so I think that the Contemporary is really sleek and neat. Chef Mickey’s is so bright and airy. Then those stairs down to the bathroom are so … industrial. And once you get down there the bathroom is so sleek and new and fancy. Just odd in my book.

I wish we had spent more time at the Contemporary just walking around / taking pics but it was about quarter til 7 and we wanted to head to MK for a good spot for Spectro/Wishes. I mean, we had enough time….
Old 07-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #88
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Love the pics of Mickey and Minnie kissing you and Steve! They are adorable!!! Chef Mickey's is fun, isn't it? We enjoyed it lwhen we were there in December. I'm with you, the stairs for the bathrooms is very industrial! But when we were there, they were doing construction, so I just assumed it was because of that? Weird is right!!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #89
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

The end to Day 5 - Spectro & Wishes!!

Leaving the Contemporary, we rode the monorail to Magic Kingdom, getting to stop along the way at the other resorts. It was a relaxing ride. When we got to MK we pulled over and let the crowd dissipate. Once down the ramp and through the turnstiles we were very excited to be at Magic Kingdom – for night time. YAY

We walked through a few stores on Main Street then walked out ONTO Main Street and I was shocked to see people already camping out.. at 7pm! Looking more closely I realized that they were all tour groups, with spots marked off with their flags. I wish I had a tour guide to stake my spot off for me. Seriously!

We walked further down Main Street towards the castle. My favorite spot is down at the end of Main Street, facing the castle, right in front of the popcorn kiosk. And we were happy to find, that my favorite spot – OPEN!
We staked our spot and I sent saved our little spot of concrete. Don't ya worry, nobody came to ask for them, it wasn't that busy that far down yet. It took awhile for them to get back, but they finally did. With them back the girls and I did a potty break while Jack enjoyed some Magic Kingdom jump roping. Catherine didn't want to go - ya know, she's 8! she's too cool for that. Whatever!

Soon after a family from St. Louise sat behind us and Steve and the father struck it off really well.

Some pics I took while we waited - I was bored

Emma relaxing. She spent her money that night on a stick the lit up. Yup, that is all it was. LOL Throughout Spectro she'd hold it up to the villans to make her feel safe - it was cute

Steve relaxing - Hey baby!

The kids enjoying their glow sticks - the kind from the dollar store and their new friends they met while waiting for Spectro.

And lastly, the castle as its getting dark in MK

Finally… yes Finally it was time for SpectroMagic. We were so excited!!! Having visited Magic Kingdom a lot as a kid, Spectro was one of the things that always came back to me. It was always there and always amazing. I STILL love it and not seeing it, would make a trip feel incomplete.

And Steve's girlfriend

After Spectro we just sat in place and let the crowd run us over. Not really, we stood up and got out of the way, but still held our spot b/c it was a GREAT spot.

Time passed, and passed, and it was finally time! The lights dimmed Jiminy Cricket came on and it was time for Wishes!

Jack and Catherine stood with their new friends. Emma was in the stroller, more happy to play with her glow stick and Steve and I got to stand together to watch the show. He was down on the street and I got to stand behind him. We held hands and snuggled, it was so nice.

Wishes is my thing. I love it SO much! This was Steve's 2nd Wishes! and I wanted him to love it as much as I did. I have the sound track and when things are rough or I've had a bad day, I love to listen to it. It reminds me that anything IS possible. A few years ago, I had a birthday trip planned for a long time. A month before my trip, my stepfather was in a traumatic car accident and was in a coma for over 4 weeks. I wanted to postpone my trip, but he woke up the week I was to leave and mom said NO, she made me go. On my birthday, my mother called me and Jim had spoken for the 1st time that day. Catherine and I just sat together and cried for so long (in the middle of DTD no less). We were just so overjoyed. She said "mama, wishes do come true!" I'm crying now... geesh! Anyway.... I love wishes, its a great story, a great lesson, a great way to just feel.

There were spectators standing behind us that were very cynical and just kind of ugly. They made comments like “wow, that’s it – they are having budget cuts” or “take a video, we can sell it on ebay”. They had Jersey accents and just weren’t nice people. I wanted to turn around and say something, ask that they move along and ruin somebody else’s Wishes, but I just focused on my family and didn’t allow them to ruin my show. It WAS my favorite after all!

After the show we lingered slowly and walked through the stores on our way out. We didn’t want too bad of a wait for the bus. Once out to the bus stop there was only 1 family waiting, we figured that it had JUST left before we got there. Emma was asleep in the stroller and once on the bus she curled up in my lap and slept all the way home.

It was good to be ‘home’. By this night, we were tired! It was day 5 after all.

**this is where my notes dry up. Yikes! I'll have to work on the next installment tomorrow. Thank GOODNESS for pictures!** Thank you for hanging in there ya'll!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #90
cmfranklyn
Mouseketeer

Love the nighttime pics! My kids are terrified of fireworks so we didn't do any of the evening shows while we were there. Guess we'll save that for next time.

CBR or POP Dec 3-6, 2010
POP Century June 21-28, 2009

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: