Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #46
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love all the pics!! Had to laugh outloud about the pic of Jack and Tink...what is up with her tushie?!! LOL!!

Sounds like a great 1st day at MK! Looking forward to hearing more!!! Now that I'm all caught up!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #47
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

woah so far behind, I didn't realize you started a whole new report for the trip! time to catch up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #48
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

We headed to MK that day also. We had ressies at Crystal Palace at 8:20. We planned to make it to Pixie Hollow but never did. The kids just kept wanting to ride.

That's crazy about the stranger getting into the Buzz car with Catherine. Why in the world would she do that?

I had some Photoass pictures without Cody in them, too. I think it must be his age. He didn't used to be so bad. Now he hates to have his picture made. He did pretty well most of the trip but he had a few moments.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #49
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Woo! Finally June 22! We got there that day and got to the MK around 10:30 or so.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #50
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

1st I want to say that I sat down before work this morning to load the next chapter. It was ready to go and I was just adding pics from photobucket. My laptop did something funny, and it was GONE! *gasp* I was running late so couldn't post it, but I will post it tonight - promise! (we just went to DTD for dinner - nothing TOO exciting, except I had a ROYAL 'tude that night..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great update! Love all the pics!! Had to laugh outloud about the pic of Jack and Tink...what is up with her tushie?!! LOL!!

Sounds like a great 1st day at MK! Looking forward to hearing more!!! Now that I'm all caught up!!!
I know... Steve said she did a few poses like that. mmhmm girl, he's just 7!! (doesn't look it but he is) LOL WAIT - or maybe she was flirting with Steve... I'll have to get that pixie the next time I see her!

YAY for being caught up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
woah so far behind, I didn't realize you started a whole new report for the trip! time to catch up!
Should I wait on you? LOL

I'm glad you made it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Woo! Finally June 22! We got there that day and got to the MK around 10:30 or so.
Tell me about it... taking long enough isn't it! I never thought June 21 would EVER END. actually I just didn't want it to end... PERFECT day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
We headed to MK that day also. We had ressies at Crystal Palace at 8:20. We planned to make it to Pixie Hollow but never did. The kids just kept wanting to ride.

That's crazy about the stranger getting into the Buzz car with Catherine. Why in the world would she do that?

I had some Photoass pictures without Cody in them, too. I think it must be his age. He didn't used to be so bad. Now he hates to have his picture made. He did pretty well most of the trip but he had a few moments.
Catherine and I learned back in April, Pixie Hollow at open is really the only time to do it. Stil sad, Silvermist is ONLY there in the afternoon, so Cat will never get to see her favorite fairy.

Hey, was that stranger Kendall? That'd make sense! LOL

I was so busy with Emma and trying to drive and shoot and show her how to shoot... Cat was fine though.

Boys are SO weird. We thought the girls were hormonal and drama queens, but Jack sure can keep up with them in that department. LOL Everyone had their moments on this trip, but they weren't so bad, Disney definetly brought otu the best in my kids.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #51
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Great report so far.. can't wait for more..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #52
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

That Tink picture is quite funny. You were able to do a lot before lunch. I don't blame Emma for not liking heat, I don't like it either.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #53
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Kids are home!! It was great to have the house to ourselves but we missed them SO much! Just got caught up with Catherine on the phone and she's being very sassy. Getting very spoiled at my parents' house. *sigh* I told mom that she needs to stop letting that go. When she gets home we'll have a heck of a time deprogramming her. lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Great report so far.. can't wait for more..
Thank you for joining!!! Don't worry, you don't have to wait much longer! 1 ready to post and 1 in the works! Steve is happy with a book tonight and the kids will be off to bed soon which means... for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
That Tink picture is quite funny. You were able to do a lot before lunch. I don't blame Emma for not liking heat, I don't like it either.
That's what I love about opening, I feel like you get SO much done!

btw- I LOVE your name. Its making me crave mint choc chip ice cream with Magic Shell on it. yummmm
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #54
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

woopsi... double post

Last edited by catherines_mama; 07-09-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #55
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Swimming at POR and dinner at TRex

We got back to POFQ and headed upstairs to change for the pool. We found some really great towel animals and animal antics when we got back

We decided to head over to Old Man’s Island at Port Orleans – Riverside for a swim. The walk was beautiful and not too bad. We enjoyed the scenery and could not believe just how well the landscaping is. When I stayed at POR with my parents last Oct we loved Old Man’s Island, but for some reason, I realized I like the POFQ pool better – it had more shadey spots while in the pool, and more shallow areas. We timed our trip back really well and the boat was pulling in just as we walked up.

We headed back to our room and after a quick shower, we were down for naps. Our naps were more than refreshing and we got up and ready to head to DTD.

As we were walking along the river Steve informed me that…… with the heat…. He'd developed some issues with his skin in places. He chose to inform me of this when we were walking to the boat dock (not during the previous 3 hrs). I was just NOT happy. The kids and I sat there and waited… missing 1 boat while he went to the store to buy some cream.

We were already late when we left the room at 5:30. We had 6pm ADRs at TRex. When we finally got on the boat it was 6:15. I was fit to be tied and Steve knew it. I just tried to enjoy the scenery and really tried to adjust my attitude. The entire time, the child in front of me was spraying her mister fan. Really – in a crowded area. I was NOT in the mood to be getting wet or I’d be using mine too. Around that time, I told him (for the 3rd time) that our dinner reservation was for 6pm. He said “Oh, I didn’t realize that”. Mmhmm Yeah, I was in a mood – not at all my best moment.

We finally get to DTD and I direct Steve to TRex. He had to deal with sign-in since we were so late. Well – Kick me in the butt. They had NO problem and we got directly in line to be seated. While in line I lowered my glasses had a little cry and adjusted me attitude. Steve apologized, gave me a kiss on the forehead and all was better.

TRex was a very cool restaurant. The layout and the rooms were really cool. We were a bit worried because the day before Emma had announced that she was afraid of Dinosaurs. So we tried NOT to point out that this was a dinosaur restaurant. Luckily we were seated in the Coral Reef room right next to the tank.

Our room

View from our room

The food here was amazing! We really did enjoy the food. We got the dip combo appetizer so we were not REALLY hungry, so we decided to split the steak. It was actually really good. We’d gotten some beverages in the souvenier glasses too. We required some ketchup and extra napkins, but our server was very busy talking with 2 other servers at another table. We had to ask another server for ketchup and snag napkins from a settings caddy someone left on the table next to us. (Service was not going great)

We were full and we done with TRex. Steve and all the kids went to the bathroom right about the time the server brought the check. Before looking at it, I asked him for boxes for our glasses. He went off to get those while I looked at the check. 18% gratuity ADDED ON! I was a bit hot. When he got back with our boxes, he put them together and just handed them to me. I asked him about the glasses and the ice in the glasses and what I should do with them…. He looked at me like I had 2 heads. I honestly said “Should I pour it in the tank?” He went off and just emptied our glasses and brought them back nice and wet. Lovely.

When he came back I asked him about the tip. He said “yes, its’ customary for parties of 6 or more.” I pointed at the used seats at our table and said “yes, but we are only a party of 5!”. He looked at me like I was dumb again and said “I guess I can adjust it”. I said NO and just paid the EXACT amount and no more. Steve and the kids got back and we headed out. I decided that NO I was not okay with this and stopped and asked for a manager. Heck, I was in a bit of a mood anyway, I’ll take an excuse to take it out on someone else (a flaw, I admit).

The manager was very sorry about all of it. From the ketchup to the napkins to the glasses and could not believe the gratuity. She returned all the gratuity I had paid and I gave a good bit back, I mean the guy needed a tip of some sort, just not 18% worth. She apologized and I was on my way. Steve thinks he did it (added the gratuity) because we split a steak. Yeah, we also got bar drinks and an appetizer.

So in short, I loved the food at TRex, loved the atmosphere but HATED the service. I'd go back to Rainforest before I go back to TRex.

Happy to be out of TRex, we let the kids play at the Lego store for a bit, before heading to World of Disney. The kids had money burning holes in their pockets.

After LOTS of shopping and not too much buying we left WOD. I was not feeling great and had to find a restroom. I told Steve I’d meet him at the Surf shop (Team Mickey). When I was done, I went to Team Mickey and walked around, and back and forth, and around…. NO family.

I sat outside the store for about 10 minutes then walked all the way around it again. When I came out the far side, I finally saw the fam walking into the other far side. Hmmm. I still didn’t feel good and I was ready to go home. It just wasn’t a great night.

I found these pics, Steve must have taken them while he and the kids were off on their own...

We had a very enjoyable ride back to POFQ. We got to see a horse & carriage along the path as we were walking up to our bldg. Tucked into bed the kids fell asleep quickly. I love that affect that Disney has on kids…. Great sleeping aid
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #56
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

all caught up! loving the report so far!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #57
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm sorry that you were in a "mood" but we all get that way sometimes...especially as women! LOL!! I can completely understand! And that stinks that you weren't feeling well, too! I can't believe how the service was so stinky at TRex and then they added 18% tip! Good for you for sticking up for yourself and saying something!! Love the animals waiting for you, you had a great Mousekeeper, they were really cute!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #58
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

We went to DTD about 4 times this trip. The first time we took a boat.....after we had waited quite a while for it. We tried to boat one more time but after that we just took a bus. It seemed like the boats would always show up FULL after they had loaded up at POR. Did you have any problems with this? Now coming back from DTD was never a problem. I LOVED this resort and had no problems with it. I think its our new fave.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #59
amandamims1
Earning My Ears

That definately stinks about the service. We had a server like that at Chili's the other night for my boyfriends birthday! It was so frustrating, so I know how you feel! =)
Tentatively: WDW Port Orleans French Quarter -- August 2009

First Trip Ever!

<3 Mandi
Old 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #60
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamims1 View Post
That definately stinks about the service. We had a server like that at Chili's the other night for my boyfriends birthday! It was so frustrating, so I know how you feel! =)
He just picked the wrong night to be a cruddy server. The food was still great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
We went to DTD about 4 times this trip. The first time we took a boat.....after we had waited quite a while for it. We tried to boat one more time but after that we just took a bus. It seemed like the boats would always show up FULL after they had loaded up at POR. Did you have any problems with this? Now coming back from DTD was never a problem. I LOVED this resort and had no problems with it. I think its our new fave.
We didn't have that problem, but I can totally see it happening. After we missed the 1st boat I realized that space was limited and got in line for the next hoping Steve would make it - lucky (for him) he walked up just as the boat was coming into view.

We loved it too! Steve and I are looking at a Fall '10 weekend trip for F&W and planning POFQ (king bed room).

psst... ask kendal for me, when we saw them at AK for Kali, who was with her. I know it was her & Tracey, were Cody & your dad there too? I'm working on that chapter - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great update! I'm sorry that you were in a "mood" but we all get that way sometimes...especially as women! LOL!! I can completely understand! And that stinks that you weren't feeling well, too! I can't believe how the service was so stinky at TRex and then they added 18% tip! Good for you for sticking up for yourself and saying something!! Love the animals waiting for you, you had a great Mousekeeper, they were really cute!!!
I just get expectations in my head. I'm such a planner, I just need to work on planning the plan, then being flexible within it. See at work. I have to plan the plan and then execute to the tee. So it's just not in me to be flexible. I'm working on it, and Steve helps a lot - he knows how I am and is patient with me, but encourages me to work on it.

Yeah - stupid server! It was a good meal, but I was happy to be out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
all caught up! loving the report so far!
YAY Glad you are all caught up. I have the next 2 in the works. I'm finding things are starting to run together. Steve is having to help me remember things as I go through, pics are helping too! I'm trying not to rush through it, as I want it to sound good (not rushed) ya know. LOL

Okay - I'm rambling... off to bed! g'night all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: