Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #211
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

I love the pics of your wife with the island in the background...very nice. And the family pics turned out great. Your dd is so very pretty...I see she got all her looks from your wife. As for the Queen of hearts....that's too funny!! I spit out my lemonade all over the screen just then!! Keep the TR coming...I'm enjoying to no end!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #212
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

You bet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
I love the pics of your wife with the island in the background...very nice. And the family pics turned out great. Your dd is so very pretty...I see she got all her looks from your wife. As for the Queen of hearts....that's too funny!! I spit out my lemonade all over the screen just then!! Keep the TR coming...I'm enjoying to no end!

Indeed I too loved the photos! Always enjoy seeing your photos and your trip reports RV.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #213
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalVizier View Post
[B][U]
*** New Ship Speculation ***
There was one time that my wife went to the hot tub and I stayed in the pool (I didn’t want to get boiled anymore). I could see her chatting it up with another lady in the hot tub and she was in there for a long time. When she rejoined me, she told me that she had been talking to a DCL cast member and they were talking about the new ships, the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. In a nutshell, she learned that Alaska is a very probable itinerary for one of the new ships, but didn’t know if that would be a special itinerary like the Magic going to the Med once a year or if it would be permanent… also Hawaii was of much interest to DCL but the logistics were a bit complicated on that one because it would require the cruises to be so lengthy. She said it would take five sea days just to get from the port of Los Angeles to Hawaii so the cruises would probably have to be 14 night itineraries. Personally, either of these possible itineraries excite me to no end! An Alaskan cruise has been on my wife’s and my radar for quite some time and to be able to do Disney in Alaska would of course be ideal. So there you go… take it for what you will.
*** End of New Ship Speculation ***
Well if these itineraries happen it will be on the Wonder (which is expected to head to CA when the first new ship arrives in Port Canaveral). The new ships are too wide to fit throught the Panama Canal and that won't be widened for several years.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #214
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

I love your discription of the Baths. It was an amazing experience, and one of my favorite places, but I was really beaten up afterwards. I knew what I was getting into when we decided to go to the Baths but didn't expect to take a 17 year old boys trail through instead of the regular path. We went through the smallest and narrowest spaces, sometimes on our hands and knees. I had bruises on bruises, lumps on my head and a large bloody gash on my leg. Probably should have thought twice about going into the ocean with blood pouring out of my leg, I can hear the theme of Jaws now.

This is my DS on top of one of the many huge rocks he climbed. I don't remember the last time I saw him have as good a time as he did at the Baths.

SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #215
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Great trip report, RV. Sign us up for the Hawaii trip - 10 sea days - bring it on. RELAXATION and a few good books - I'm so there. The Captain also mentioned Hawaii during the Castaway Members meeting. He got great applause to the speculation of Hawaii even with the amount of sea days. We're heading to Alaska on Saturday with RCL - using it as a scouting trip to get the lay of land and going to it right when DCL goes there. We've already been warned that RCL is not Disney. Should be interesting.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #216
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherD View Post
OK,how many obsessions can one TR have?!?!?
Tons!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
I can only imagine how awesome Disney would make that!
Right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
I'm really thinking about doing one next May - even though we have the TransAtlantic booked on Magic from Barcelona in 09/2010 as well. I guess time will tell!
There's no such thing as too much Disney cruisin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Well if these itineraries happen it will be on the Wonder (which is expected to head to CA when the first new ship arrives in Port Canaveral). The new ships are too wide to fit throught the Panama Canal and that won't be widened for several years.
Ohhhhh I hadn't thought of that or ever heard that... nice trivia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot View Post
We went through the smallest and narrowest spaces, sometimes on our hands and knees.
Yea, I was really self conscious when it came to those real tight and low places because we were always surrounded by others and no one else had to get down on their hands and knees to get threw those spots. Everyone else was crouching and duck-walking with no issue but for some reason my 6'4" frame doesn't crouch and move in the forward direction at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
We're heading to Alaska on Saturday with RCL - using it as a scouting trip to get the lay of land and going to it right when DCL goes there.
How fantastic!! Check in when you get back!

Everyone gets the thumbs up today!
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic

Upcoming Sailings:
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #217
IrenicMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Everyone gets the thumbs up today!
Must be an awesome day in the kingdom

1979 - Ft. Wilderness * 1984, 1992 & 1998 - Offsite * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 & 2004 - Caribbean Beach * 2006 - Contemporary & Wilderness Lodge *
* 2007 - Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge * 2008 - Swan * 2009 - Dolphin * 2010 - PO Riverside * 2011 - Polynesian & Vero Beach * 2012 - Boardwalk *

DCL Sailed
Wonder 6/09, 10/10, 4/13 * Dream 4/12 * Fantasy 6/12
DCL Upcoming
Magic April 7, 2014 4-night Bahamas
Wonder June 9,2014 7-night Alaskan
IrenicMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #218
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #219
Tearsa Smith
Earning My Ears

Silence is broken

Ok, I have been lurking in here long enough, and have to check in. Love this TR, and just had to tell you. I have read many as I am working on getting our first Disney cruise booked, and yours is by far the best!
Tearsa
Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #220
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsa Smith View Post
Ok, I have been lurking in here long enough, and have to check in. Love this TR, and just had to tell you. I have read many as I am working on getting our first Disney cruise booked, and yours is by far the best!
Tearsa
RV is one of the best when it comes to writing these trip reports!!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #221
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsa Smith View Post
Tearsa
Awwww! Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
RV is one of the best when it comes to writing these trip reports!!
Awwww! Thanks so much to you too!

Sooooo... we've had quite a gap in this trippie, huh? Got to rectify that! Sorry about that everyone, but it seems I just can't keep life's trials and tribulations at bay. They have mounted up on me and nearly smothered me here lately.

I'm aiming to get Day 6 posted this weekend so as usual... STAY TUNED!
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic

Upcoming Sailings:
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #222
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

sorry to hear that RV. take a few moments of mental vacation. maybe it will help. looking at the beautiful pictures of your trip has been doing it for me...
hang in there!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #223
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Wife - job?

Quote:
Awwww! Thanks so much!!

Awwww! Thanks so much to you too!

Sooooo... we've had quite a gap in this trippie, huh? Got to rectify that! Sorry about that everyone, but it seems I just can't keep life's trials and tribulations at bay. They have mounted up on me and nearly smothered me here lately.

I'm aiming to get Day 6 posted this weekend so as usual... STAY TUNED!
Just as a follow-up - did your DW ever get another job? I am just curious... sorry about all the trials going on - seems that's a national condition currently...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #224
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Another lurker coming out of hiding. We are going to book a 2011 cruise so as any good diser does I am reading up on DCL well in advance.

Actually DH and I are going on our 1st cruise in just a few weeks, sadly not DCL as they did not have a cruise taking place on the dates we coud go. We could only go 9/4-9/7 and DCL leaves on 9/3. I was so disappointed. DH and I are going on RCCL to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary without the kids.

Can't wait to read the rest of your trip report.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #225
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Rv????

Where oh where has our pal RV gone? Where oh where can he be???

Bump / and hoping for DAY 6... that is where we left off right? It's been so long...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: