Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #196
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

tsk tsk ye of little imagination- you only need Harry's cloak of invisability. Who needs airfare when you can just move to wherever you need to be without being seen?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #197
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
tsk tsk ye of little imagination- you only need Harry's cloak of invisability. Who needs airfare when you can just move to wherever you need to be without being seen?
Nope wouldn't work- the ivisiblity cloak would get you on the plane- but someone may sit on you
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #198
anetnmike

not when the realize there is something already in that seat they can't see
hmm you may be right tho...
an alternative would be flu powder and that could get messy
oh well, guess we'll have to deal with being muggles
Old 07-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #199
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
Nope wouldn't work- the ivisiblity cloak would get you on the plane- but someone may sit on you
That's a good point, because even if they did "find" you - you'd still be in their seat... I'm thinking flying over on your own broom would be good - plus you can stop and see the sights! However, luggage handling might be an issue!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #200
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

[QUOTE=What? Oh no, uh huh, no way... I'm going to pack my quarantine sign and bring it with me to the hot tub next time. Maybe boiling Sink King plaque will keep people away.[/QUOTE]

People may see you in the hot tub & wonder what's causing it to bubble....I mean boil.

Will you be dressed like the cannibal god Jack Sparrow & pretend you are being cooked for the cannibals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by What? I only get a [I
section[/I] of the cool-friends slideshow?

If it makes you feel better, it will be my screen saver & hundreds of h.s. students will be treated to seeing your pictures over & over again. Why over & over? When I a ppt presentation, if I stop for too long to talk about some point of history, the screen saver will pop on. That's my cue that I've got to bet back to the show. Some students beg to see at least a few pictures, others & beg me to get back to the ppt.

Just think of the numbers of conversions I can make to the RV fan club & Ollie club......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
That's a good point, because even if they did "find" you - you'd still be in their seat... I'm thinking flying over on your own broom would be good - plus you can stop and see the sights! However, luggage handling might be an issue!
How about a giant flying car--possibly Hummer Size Super Stretch Limo so we can travel together w/ other luggage? Who's picking me up? I need to have my trunk ready. Just hope there's no Whomping Willow when we land.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #201
HeatherD
Mouseketeer

Luggage isn't a problem! You can either summon it, suspend it from your broom or use Hermione's suspention spell that she uses in the teeny tiny purse in #7! Can you imagine that purse going through security?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #202
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherD View Post
Luggage isn't a problem! You can either summon it, suspend it from your broom or use Hermione's suspention spell that she uses in the teeny tiny purse in #7! Can you imagine that purse going through security?
Hermione's a girl after my own heart- bet we'd get lots of beverages in that purse
Oh gosh, look what we've started, this has gone from an entertaining TR, to a discussion of how to Harry potterize a disney vacation, sorry RV
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #203
anetnmike

Sheer brilliance-all of it - I say!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #204
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
I'm thinking flying over on your own broom would be good - plus you can stop and see the sights! However, luggage handling might be an issue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mary View Post
How about a giant flying car--possibly Hummer Size Super Stretch Limo so we can travel together w/ other luggage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
Oh gosh, look what we've started, this has gone from an entertaining TR, to a discussion of how to Harry potterize a disney vacation, sorry RV
Holy heck! Look what I did? I derailed my own trippie with mention of Harry. Hey, it's fine with me. DCL cruising and Harry Potter all wrapped into one thread... nothing better!

Quote:
Just think of the numbers of conversions I can make to the RV fan club & Ollie club......
Hmm... that Facebook idea is looking like it may be becoming more and more of a necessity, huh?

Next installment is coming up shortly... sorry for the gap folks, I've been away!
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy

Upcoming Sailings:
November 14th, 2015 - 7 Night Western Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #205
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Day 5: A U-Turn and Pool Scoop

After boarding the ship, we hustled it up to our room so that I could very unceremoniously flop onto the bed. Again, something about sunlight and fresh Caribbean air rips the energy violently from my body. I was ready for a bit of a lay down so we vegged for a bit. Then my wife started to eye the full clothes hamper we had brought with us and decided it was time for a load of laundry or two. Socks and undies were starting to poke out the top. We figured it’d be a good time to do it as most people were probably off the ship enjoying St. Thomas. Just an FYI to any who want to know… the washers and dryers (as least on Deck 2, I’m not sure if all laundry rooms are converted over yet) now take only your KTTW room key card for payment. They are no longer coin operated. You swipe you key into the washer and/or dryer and it just gets added to your shipboard account. It’s $2 a load. So that roll of quarters we got prior to leaving for Port Canaveral… not helping us out. Surely I wasn’t the first person in the history of DCL to pay part of my shipboard account with a roll of quarters? The Guest Services lady didn’t look at me funny, so…

Our next stop was lunch because not only does the sun and the fresh Caribbean air suck the energy from my body, but it also makes me incredibly ravenous! We decided to go for Topsiders lunch instead of our usual visit to Goofy’s or Pluto’s. It was Tex-Mex today so we had gone through the line and loaded up our plate before I realized that the other side of the buffet line was the kid’s side! OHMYGOSH! Chicken fingers and pizza and corn dog nuggets and French fries oh my! But having just filled my plate I figured I’ll go through that side of the line on my second time around. So we got a seat and ate and it was very good. Extremely good pasta and marinara sauce. When I went back for more, I was faced with empty trays and crew members wiping everything down! I realized that it was 2:00 pm and they were closing up. DRAT! Ah well… I didn’t need seconds of anything anyway. But I did make a quick swing by the ice creams sundae station to beg for a scoop of strawberry ice cream with strawberries on top before she put everything away. Yum!

While we were up top we took some beautiful pictures, I’m so thrilled with how they turned out.

Then it was pool time. We were in the pool for a long time. We went between the pool and the hot tub many many times. Our big topic of discussion in the pool was the DCL Med cruise, otherwise known as The Obsession. The seed had been properly nurtured by the warm island sun and the crisp sea breeze and had blossomed into much more than a mere thought, but was now a thrashing, thriving Audrey 2 demanding to be fed. So there was much contemplation going on in the Cove pool at that time. While we were wading and enjoying the serenity and contemplating our vacation future, a ship wide announcement was made paging a family to report in to Guest Services. It was about time to pull out of port so I figured maybe they were making sure these people were on board. Well, this announcement was made again and again about every 10 minutes or so and we still hadn’t left. Finally just a bit later I noticed that we were moving, getting on our way to Castaway Cay. Well just after this, I noticed a whole bunch of people lining the side of the deck looking down at the dock so of course I joined them to find what appeared by my assumptions to be a mom, her two children, and a grandmother standing on the dock looking dumbfounded (like this --> ), shopping bags in hand. Guess this was the missing family, huh? I am awful at gauging distances, but we really weren’t that far away. We had only moved laterally away from the dock and hadn’t really gone too far. Being the magical cruise line that DCL is, we pulled back up to the dock and let them on. I would be so embarrassed if somehow I did that and caused the ship to have to come back for me. I’d be mortified.

*** New Ship Speculation ***
There was one time that my wife went to the hot tub and I stayed in the pool (I didn’t want to get boiled anymore). I could see her chatting it up with another lady in the hot tub and she was in there for a long time. When she rejoined me, she told me that she had been talking to a DCL cast member and they were talking about the new ships, the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. In a nutshell, she learned that Alaska is a very probable itinerary for one of the new ships, but didn’t know if that would be a special itinerary like the Magic going to the Med once a year or if it would be permanent… also Hawaii was of much interest to DCL but the logistics were a bit complicated on that one because it would require the cruises to be so lengthy. She said it would take five sea days just to get from the port of Los Angeles to Hawaii so the cruises would probably have to be 14 night itineraries. Personally, either of these possible itineraries excite me to no end! An Alaskan cruise has been on my wife’s and my radar for quite some time and to be able to do Disney in Alaska would of course be ideal. So there you go… take it for what you will.
*** End of New Ship Speculation ***

We went back to the room, grabbed showers, rested, relaxed… we watched some of Hotel for Dogs, and got dressed for dinner. It was the white background for the professional portraits in the atrium this evening which is our favorite so we had some pictures done. Here are the ones we got from that night.

Then our daughter wanted to see Alice who was hanging out in Preludes so we headed over there.

The Queen of Hearts took quite a liking to me. I was just standing there, very unassuming, waiting for my daughter to get her picture taken… just standing there in the background, when the Queen walked up to me and stuck out her hand. So I kissed her hand like a gentlemen should because don’t you know that’s what you do when you are in the presence of royalty. And I must admit… the Queen is kind of foxy. As my wife and I walked away side by side, the Queen followed us for a bit, stalking us, and I could tell that she wanted to lop my wife’s head clean off her shoulders, because she was walking away with the Queen’s newfound stud boy.

Dinner this evening was in Lumiere’s, and here’s our food.

I don’t know what to attribute this to, too much talk about the Med cruises or maybe my Bath scrape had become infected and my brain was being annihilated by disease, but the conversation over the course of this dinner was odd indeed. Let’s just say without getting into any detail that the two main topics of discussion turned to belly buttons and nudists.

At the completion of the meal we mentioned to Jozsef that we wouldn’t be at dinner the following night in Animator’s Palette because that was Palo night. He understood, and he invited us to character breakfast the next morning. So we left and did our usual routine of going back to the room while our daughter retired to the Stack. We originally planned to take in some more pool time, but weariness overtook us and we opted for bed. Lights out.

Up Next: Napkin Madness and A New Obsession
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy

Upcoming Sailings:
November 14th, 2015 - 7 Night Western Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #206
HeatherD
Mouseketeer

OK,how many obsessions can one TR have?!?!? Loving the TR - makes me excited for our, which is 9 weeks from today!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #207
anetnmike

DH's biggest issue with rebooking is that he is bored with the itineraries. He would LOVE to do Alaska! I have read the same info other places as well. I can only imagine how awesome Disney would make that !
Maybe that trip could be your new Obsession ...
Loved the update RV, your pictures are excellent!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #208
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Alaska and Hawaii

I too have heard rumors from people about the Alaska and Hawaiian cruises and can only hope it works out - however I doubt I'll be waiting for the Alaska cruise for DCL. I don't think I can wait another year or two at this point. I'm really thinking about doing one next May - even though we have the TransAtlantic booked on Magic from Barcelona in 09/2010 as well. I guess time will tell!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #209
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

I love all the pics of the streets of St. Thomas....and your tr is the best so far. I'm trying to catch up on my reading.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #210
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Two at once--it's like a double dip!

Smileneyes: I lost my prescription sunglasses. They never made it home. Can you use Google Earth & your Sherlock Holmes-like powers & find them.

Hot tub & fireworks!!!

The secret's out. It will be added to the tips list on the DIS in no time.

After going to the party w/ kids that looked this excited to be there (Look closely Rclweems) I think RV's going to have in the hot tub next time. Especially w/ his increasing fanbase.

But seriously, you continue to me the master RV.

Chad just about lose it when he saw this Mary!!!

He said the pirate party is too kiddie...and next time him and Liam will go hang out somewhere else.

Thanks for the well needed laugh!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: