Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #181
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

Great report RV! We are going to St Th. in March with 10 people...4 of whom are kiddies. I think we'll try to find a beach somewhere, not too far away and do shopping in the afternoon.
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #182
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

two heaping helpings of an RV report! yum yum! and they were well done!
too late about the hot tub secret. it is out there!
I don't know if it is teenager thing but my DS16 loves Subway and I can rarely get him to eat anything else-especially if it involves vegatables. You'd think I'd asked him to eat chilled monkey brains! But Subway (complete with lettuce and tomatoes) all day everyday-no problemo! Maybe they have a secret ingredient...
With all of these fans you have coming out of the "lurking" woodwork RV, maybe you should rethink that Facebook status
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #183
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

totally loving your report so far. I think your pictures have convinced me of where we should go next.....but what is the deal with Tortola? Is it a regular stop?

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #184
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

Two at once--it's like a double dip!

Smileneyes: I lost my prescription sunglasses. They never made it home. Can you use Google Earth & your Sherlock Holmes-like powers & find them.

Hot tub & fireworks!!!

The secret's out. It will be added to the tips list on the DIS in no time.

After going to the party w/ kids that looked this excited to be there (Look closely Rclweems) I think RV's going to have in the hot tub next time. Especially w/ his increasing fanbase.

But seriously, you continue to me the master RV.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #185
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

[QUOTE=RoyalVizier;32901521][B][U]
We found this little treasure!

What in the world? I mean… really? What is it about the psychology of the human brain that made me not even want to touch this thing? I suppose I’ve seen too many scary movies, but the thought of the shark starting to thrash around right there in the bottle and biting through the glass seemed a possibility to me. Formaldehyde-soaked Zombie Shark! ON THE LOOSE!!

I these photos!!!!

Can I have a digital copy for my RV fan club website I'm creating?

No, seriously.....I'm PMing you to beg for a copy for a section of a slideshow I'm creating of cool friends we met.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #186
Disneylovers
DIS Veteran

Wait, you took a picture of the Belgian Chocolate shop and didn't go in????? How could you?!?! We did a lot of walking to find that place, and boy, it was worth it!!!!!!!

DH was SO bummed when I told him we missed seeing Tiger Woods' yacht! I even went back and checked our pictures to see if it was in any of the shots we took on our way back from shopping, and unfortunately, it wasn't. Oh well!
3/94-Dixie Landings, 3/96-off site (never again!) 3/98 & 6/02-Caribbean Beach, ('02 w/the Wonder), 3/00 & 3/04-Coronado Springs, 8/04-1st trip home to SSR, 7/05-Disneyland, 3/06-Vero Beach, 6/06-SSR w/family, 6/07-OKW, 12/07-1st trip home to AKV, 06/08-SSR, Wonder Cruise and VB, 6/09 Magic cruise to Tortola, then AKV for DD's sweet 16th! 8/10 last minute trip to SSR, 11/11 SSR for food and wine fest, 2/12, 25th anniversary Hawaii trip to Aulani,10/12 Disneyland Paradise Pier,5/13 Aulani, 10/14 Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic<a
Disneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #187
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Raisin Bran and fruit for breakfast?! Blasphemy!

Thanks for the tip about the fireworks. I promise I won't share
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #188
Smileneyes
Father & Son Cruisin' Buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylovers View Post

Wait, you took a picture of the Belgian Chocolate shop and didn't go in????? How could you?!?! We did a lot of walking to find that place, and boy, it was worth it!!!!!!!

DH was SO bummed when I told him we missed seeing Tiger Woods' yacht! I even went back and checked our pictures to see if it was in any of the shots we took on our way back from shopping, and unfortunately, it wasn't. Oh well!
Sadly, the yacht took off out to sea about 9AM...we were on the "Screamin' Eagle" excursion around that time, and tried to catch up (to no avail). The operator for that excursion was the first person to clue us in as to the owner of the yacht...

Keep up the great report, BTW. One can NEVER have too many "The Magic of Tortola 6/20/09 DisGang Trip Reports"!
Disney Wonder - June 2005 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2006 (7 night Western) HAL Zuiderdam - August 2006 (7 night Alaska Interior Passage) Disney Wonder - June 2007 (4 night) Disney Wonder - June 2008 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2009 (7 night Eastern w/Tortola) Disney Wonder - June 2010 (5 night Double Dip AND 4 night back-to-back) Disney Wonder - June 2011 (7 night Alaska) Disney Dream - September 2011 (B2B) Disney Fantasy - July 2012 (7 night Eastern) Disney Fantasy - December 2012 (7 night Western) Disney Wonder - July 2015 (7 night Alaska)

Smileneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #189
Smileneyes
Father & Son Cruisin' Buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mary View Post

Smileneyes: I lost my prescription sunglasses. They never made it home. Can you use Google Earth & your Sherlock Holmes-like powers & find them.
Let's just say they're awaiting your return at the lost and found in Port Canaveral. Enginerd will just have to pony up for you to go get them, right?
Disney Wonder - June 2005 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2006 (7 night Western) HAL Zuiderdam - August 2006 (7 night Alaska Interior Passage) Disney Wonder - June 2007 (4 night) Disney Wonder - June 2008 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2009 (7 night Eastern w/Tortola) Disney Wonder - June 2010 (5 night Double Dip AND 4 night back-to-back) Disney Wonder - June 2011 (7 night Alaska) Disney Dream - September 2011 (B2B) Disney Fantasy - July 2012 (7 night Eastern) Disney Fantasy - December 2012 (7 night Western) Disney Wonder - July 2015 (7 night Alaska)

Smileneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #190
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Miss this?

[quote=DVC Mary;32926912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalVizier View Post
[b][u]
We found this little treasure!

What in the world? I mean… really? What is it about the psychology of the human brain that made me not even want to touch this thing? I suppose I’ve seen too many scary movies, but the thought of the shark starting to thrash around right there in the bottle and biting through the glass seemed a possibility to me. Formaldehyde-soaked Zombie Shark! ON THE LOOSE!!

I these photos!!!!

Can I have a digital copy for my RV fan club website I'm creating?

No, seriously.....I'm PMing you to beg for a copy for a section of a slideshow I'm creating of cool friends we met.
NOt sure how I missed these photos - but CLASSIC!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #191
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Nana 4 View Post
Great report RV! We are going to St Th. in March with 10 people...4 of whom are kiddies. I think we'll try to find a beach somewhere, not too far away and do shopping in the afternoon.
Wow, you're going to have quite a crew! I have often wondered what it would be like to be on a cruise with a large group, but the more I ponder the thought the more I think I like it just my wife and daughter and I. I can only take so much family/friends togetherness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
With all of these fans you have coming out of the "lurking" woodwork RV, maybe you should rethink that Facebook status
Hmmm... maybe I should conduct a poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_girl View Post
totally loving your report so far. I think your pictures have convinced me of where we should go next.....but what is the deal with Tortola? Is it a regular stop?
Tortola is not my forte... all I know is that it popped up as a special stop on the DCL Eastern itinerary. I'm not sure of this at all, but I think it's during one Eastern itinerary a month. It is not a usual stop. Tortola takes the place of St. Maarten on those select itineraries.

Quote:
I think RV's going to have in the hot tub next time. Especially w/ his increasing fanbase.
Oh no, uh huh, no way... I'm going to pack my quarantine sign and bring it with me to the hot tub next time. Maybe boiling Sink King plaque will keep people away.

Quote:

I'm PMing you to beg for a copy for a section of a slideshow I'm creating of cool friends we met.
What? I only get a section of the cool-friends slideshow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylovers View Post
I didn't even pay attention to the signs or the shops... I was just simply taking a photo of what lay ahead of me. Had I know that I was in a five foot radius of a chocolate shop by all means believe me I would have gone in! Dang! More reason to go back I guess!

I'm surprised the smell didn't take firm hold of my nose and lift me from the ground causing me to float in on a cloud like a Pepe le Pue cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Raisin Bran and fruit for breakfast?! Blasphemy!
It had to be done! I needed the Earth's natural fruit juices to free my arteries and my precious capillaries of the globules of grease I'd ingested for days and days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileneyes View Post
Keep up the great report, BTW. One can NEVER have too many "The Magic of Tortola 6/20/09 DisGang Trip Reports"!
Too true!

Surely there's more June 20th Tortola folks out there...
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic

Upcoming Sailings:
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #192
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Did you guys decide to go the Med?

My hubby and I are in the same boat so to speak..

what can we possibly cut/trim/to get there next year! We recently did checked our bank statements to see how much we ate out last month!

If we cut eating out alone we could take two 7 day's next year!
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #193
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

quarratine sign
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #194
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
Did you guys decide to go the Med?
Yea, we're not thinkin' that's going to work out for us at this time unfortunately. We did sit down with the lady at the Future Cruise desk to get a quote (I realize now that I didn't include that in my report. Hmmm... there must be a hole in my journal), but it was an astronomical number that we just can't possibly pull off. You said you'd have to cut out eating out... well we'd have to cut out eating. Not something I'm interested in...

It's that blasted airfare! The cruise itself wasn't too crazy of a number, but getting there... that's rather unfortunate. I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and never in my life have I wished more to be able to apparate. Or create a port key to just pop right from my living room to the port in Barcelona. Just BAM!

Alas I have no such powers. I'm just a regular ol' Muggle.
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic

Upcoming Sailings:
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #195
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalVizier View Post
Yea, we're not thinkin' that's going to work out for us at this time unfortunately. We did sit down with the lady at the Future Cruise desk to get a quote (I realize now that I didn't include that in my report. Hmmm... there must be a hole in my journal), but it was an astronomical number that we just can't possibly pull off. You said you'd have to cut out eating out... well we'd have to cut out eating. Not something I'm interested in...

It's that blasted airfare! The cruise itself wasn't too crazy of a number, but getting there... that's rather unfortunate. I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and never in my life have I wished more to be able to apparate. Or create a port key to just pop right from my living room to the port in Barcelona. Just BAM!

Alas I have no such powers. I'm just a regular ol' Muggle.
Lurker popping back in to comment- too too funny- I'm a huge Harry Potter fan -and also just a muggle the Dh and I are hoping that once the new ships are on line that one will be permantly located in the Med- and the prices will be more afordable-hate to have to sell my only child on the blackmarket just to get to the Med- (would I do it possibly but I would hate it)
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: