Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
mariab
WDW AP, CASTAWAY MEMBER,

free concierge upgrade

Has anyone ever received a free upgrade on the disney dream. We have been upgrade to concierge level at the polynesian before and to suites at different resorts at WDW. Wondering if its worth asking at check in on our next cruise.
mariab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
strubberg87
Earning My Ears

We just sailed concierge on the fantasy and we booked our cruise a full year ahead and only had 2 rooms to choose from. Concierge usually fills up fast so I don't think you would be upgraded at the port. Depending on when your sailing is you could possibly ask for an upgrade but i have never heard of it being free on the cruise.
strubberg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

DCL will not upgrade you for free at port. They have a chart that they use to determine the cost. The cost depends on how many of a given room type are available, the category you are upgrading from, and probably other factors that DCL doesn't divulge. We upgraded from a 7A to a 1-bedroom suite on a recent 4-night sailing on the Dream. The cost was $1100. It would have been $700 to upgrade to a category V room. I had been checking DCL's site up until a few days before departure, and there were 4 cat Ts and only 1 cat V available. I think that the difference in price between upgrading to a cat V and a T is generally greater, but the fact that there were 4 cat Ts worked in our favor.

I've read about two cases of people here on the DIS being contacted by DCL in advance of their cruise (I want to say it was a couple of weeks out) and offered a relatively inexpensive upgrade to concierge. Based on what I know about DCL, I'm guessing that it benefited them in some way to move those people or it wouldn't have happened. I personally am not aware of an instance where DCL upgraded someone to concierge at no charge.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: