Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
tigger_ttfn
Mouseketeer

Trip Report - Day 5 Emerald Isle 6/17-6/24

Day Five – Ring Around Kenmare

This morning you could take an optional walk through the National Park. I heard that if you had walked home the day before, then part of this walk is similar. So, I guess there is no need to do both unless you really want to.

Then, we took off at 10:15am for the cruise on Kenmare Bay. The weather was wonderful for it. We had a great time, but I love boats. We cruised through the Bay and got to see the seals. There was hot chocolate (tasted like instant) , coffee (heard it was instant as well), and sodas. We all also indulged in the bags of chips that they had on board.

After the cruise, we walked to the stone circle before lunch in Kenmare. All the restaurant suggestions the guides had were closed. We ended up eating at Davitt’s along with Clarabelle’s family. DH and I shared the fish and chips and he had some vegetable soup. We had water and our bill was only 15 euros.

The trip back was wonderful. We stopped at Ladies View and passed by Moll’s Gap.

We were dodging cars in the bus along the narrow roads. Definitely need motion sickness pills for the later days in the trip. We also had a few children feel queasy on the last two days because of the winding roads. Make sure you bring something for the kids as well.

The wine and cheese tasting with Irish dancing was tonight. It lasted about an hour and half. That was a truly fun time. We saw the dancers perform, then everyone else in our group took turns learning the dances and performing. Too funny!

We weren’t hungry at 7pm for dinner yet because of the wine and cheese so we went walking. They have a store called the 2 Euro store which is similar to our dollar store. They had 5 cans of Pepsi for 2 Euro but it was always closed in the evenings when we headed out. We did take a short walk to Dunne’s. It’s a department in the front and a grocery store towards the back. We bought some soda and some unique candy bars there.

For dinner we decided to grab a small pizza from the 4 Star Pizza that is across from Killarney Plaza. It was good.

Then we had to pack to leave the next day.

Off to the castle!!!

tigger_ttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile FOOD, PICS update.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger_ttfn View Post
Day Five – Ring Around Kenmare

This morning you could take an optional walk through the National Park. I heard that if you had walked home the day before, then part of this walk is similar. So, I guess there is no need to do both unless you really want to.

Then, we took off at 10:15am for the cruise on Kenmare Bay. The weather was wonderful for it. We had a great time, but I love boats. We cruised through the Bay and got to see the seals. There was hot chocolate (tasted like instant) , coffee (heard it was instant as well), and sodas. We all also indulged in the bags of chips that they had on board.

After the cruise, we walked to the stone circle before lunch in Kenmare. All the restaurant suggestions the guides had were closed. We ended up eating at Davitt’s along with Clarabelle’s family. DH and I shared the fish and chips and he had some vegetable soup. We had water and our bill was only 15 euros.

The trip back was wonderful. We stopped at Ladies View and passed by Moll’s Gap.

We were dodging cars in the bus along the narrow roads. Definitely need motion sickness pills for the later days in the trip. We also had a few children feel queasy on the last two days because of the winding roads. Make sure you bring something for the kids as well.

The wine and cheese tasting with Irish dancing was tonight. It lasted about an hour and half. That was a truly fun time. We saw the dancers perform, then everyone else in our group took turns learning the dances and performing. Too funny!

We weren’t hungry at 7pm for dinner yet because of the wine and cheese so we went walking. They have a store called the 2 Euro store which is similar to our dollar store. They had 5 cans of Pepsi for 2 Euro but it was always closed in the evenings when we headed out. We did take a short walk to Dunne’s. It’s a department in the front and a grocery store towards the back. We bought some soda and some unique candy bars there.

For dinner we decided to grab a small pizza from the 4 Star Pizza that is across from Killarney Plaza. It was good.

Then we had to pack to leave the next day.

Off to the castle!!!
....love the pics of the pizza and the fish / chips (YUM!) - and the 2 Euro store - that's a place I gotta check out!

..loving yer trip report. Tho....great suggestion ...I gotta also have a unofficial trip mascot (I am referencing to your picture of a blue short sleeve shirt Teddy Bear sitting in a field) when I head off for my "Spirit of America" trip in a few weeks.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: