Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Auntie SPRATT SENT PIXIE DUST LIVE!/NEW7.29! Crystal Palace Lunch

Morning!

What am I doing up so bright and early on a Sunday? Going fishing? Nope. Getting ready for church? Nope. Going to the farmer's market? Maybe....but what I'm really waiting for is it to be late enough to call my niece and ask her if she is excited about going to meet Tinkerbell!

This is the Littlest Princess. I made this for Halloween last year - she was a Pumpkin Fairy. That is Savannah (AKA Pootie) in the background.

So my DSIL, Snow White, has to be in Orlando on business all next week; my DB, Ferris Bueller, OF COURSE could get the time (he isn't called Ferris for nothing to go with her, and this trip was born. The first week in June. They called and invited me to join them, as I've recently been bitten by the Disney bug, but I haven't been at my job long enough, so no trip for me.

My brother explained to LP that they were taking her to meet Tink, and SHE GOT IT. Totally. As in wearing her green wings from the Pumpkin costume as often as possible. (Preferably with not much else, but this IS a family site!)

So the Bueller Family leaves today, and they are in for one AMAZING trip!

The Little Princess and the Bueller family at her 2nd birthday.

So, I'll be reporting LIVE about a trip I'm not on - but Ferris is a professional photographer, so I'm sure there will be plenty of photos!

Here is a sample of Ferris' work:

That's me and my Darling Dearest Husband shortly after becoming man and wife!

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281

Last edited by MrsSpratt; 07-29-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Another Update, Baybe!!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
LauraC
Mouseketeer

How exciting! Such a bummer you couldn't go... but you can help us live vicariously through them! Hoping your brother sends you lots of photos!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
MrsSpratt

Wow, a reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How exciting! Such a bummer you couldn't go... but you can help us live vicariously through them! Hoping your brother sends you lots of photos!
Hi, Laura!

I'm so excited you took the time to respond - thank you!

I'm SURE there will be a TON of pics - just not yet.

Mrs. Spratt

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 06-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
MrsSpratt

Da Plane, Da Plane - and let the Pixie Dust begin!

Well, they are on the plane, and it seems that most of the passengers are on their way to the world, so it should be a happy flight.

Holly, a very nice CM at the CR Atrium Club called to say everything was ready in the room, waiting per my OCD faxed instructions. I have to give a HUGE thank you to the people that have written about the importance of FAXING things to the world when you really want to get something done.

So what is it that has turned me into Martha Stewart (without the jail time) these past few days?

Not gonna' tell ya until LP has seen it....Sorry!

I DO have photos of what was sent, but I'm HOPING for photos of what it looks like in the room...because everything is waiting in there before they arrive. Snow White (should I call her Sloane?) knows some of what is coming, in case there were problems with getting what I sent - now I am KICKING MYSELF that I "ruined" the surprise for her because everything is being handled so beautifully. (Must send a shout out to a DIS board Goddess, Surprise Queen, Jacyns who is TOPS at making magical memories for her family!)

Two Club Managers took the time to place some items in the room personally. WOW. (I really really hope it looks cute!) Every time I have requested a phone call from the Atrium Club to confirm receipt of something, it has been made cheerfully and promptly, particularly by Holly and Sharon who are showing the magic is alive and well, at least via phone...

Oh, and I heard it isn't as hot this week as it was last week.....

Does anyone know how to edit the title of a thread? I can't figure it out - sorry!

Snow White/Sloan and the Littlest Princess at the Spratt nuptials. LP is about 18 months in the photo, and Sloane was a Bridesmatron. LP was my flower girl.

And no, I didn't use Disney Florist, although their customer service was FANTASTIC - they just didn't offer what I wanted.

Off to half off at an Estate Sale!

Mrs. Spratt

PS - anyone want to know Dining Plans?

Last edited by MrsSpratt; 07-06-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
MrsSpratt

Ah...Going to "Advanced" means you get to do more stuff!

Please pardon my computer illiteracy..

Old 06-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
MrsSpratt

On pins and needles! Waiting to hear they have landed safe.

Well, the estate sale was good at one thing: keeping me busy while I wait for them to get there! I am as impatient as Pootie waiting for her supper, and that is saying something, as she is a beagle.

Right now, they should be arriving at MCO, then they have to get the rental car, then drive to WDW, then check-in!

I may have to scrub the kitchen floor to keep my mind off of things!

Thanks for reading!

Mrs. Spratt

Old 06-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
MrsSpratt

They have arrived

to find this waiting for them.

Among other things, including this, which was waiting in the crib. (Sorry, this shot is from home....)

Must dash off with Mr. Spratt - more info and details about their journey later on!

And lurkers, THANK YOU for reading.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I'm in!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
MrsSpratt

And they're off!

The Bueller family had an uneventful flight on Southwest - an easy 2.5 hours, many kids - everyone was off to the world and in a good mood.

LP was super excited because she was getting to fly WITH SW/S, as opposed to hearing "Momma took an airplane to work and will be back on Friday." (FB is a stay at home Dad who works out of his Man-Cave all week and still manages to answer to LP's slightest whimper. They all LOVE each other - and SW/S has to travel fairly regularly for her job, so it is a special event when LP and FB go WITH SN/S instead of saying goodbye at the airport.)

Here is a more recent photo pf LP...she is growing up so fast!

She will be three at the end of October.

So after a safe journey, they traveled to the Hertz location (not actually AT the airport ) and picked up their rental so SW/S can make her meetings Tuesday-Thursday and the Buellers' were on their way to the world!

Signage to the Contemporary was easy to follow, they pulled up to valet, a bellman was found, and they were on their way to the Atrium Club.

Let the Pixie Dust begin!

Last edited by MrsSpratt; 07-29-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: content
Old 06-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
MrsSpratt

Check In and some Costume History

THey arrived at the 12th floor, Holly (with whom I'd spoken earlier) checked them in, and they walked in to this:

Auntie Spratt decided the wings needed some more bling, to cover up thread knots from the sewn on paillettes

which will give it extra sparkle from the front. I made the hair garland,(thanks, dollar tree!) got the wings from Disney, and got the costume from a local boutique. (I didn't have time to sew her costumes for this trip. ) It was the second store I'd been to (I try to shop local boutiques - no Walmart!) and it was hidden at the top of a column in the boys section of the store - the only one of it's style left, the perfect size, the perfect dress, yes! LP's favorite colour is lavender, so I especially love the lame overlays in lavender. You would think it would be on sale (being the last one, etc..) but I think the desperation showed in my eyes to the manager, and I paid full price. I didn't even ask for a discount as it was just too perfect!

When they walked in their room, LP cried out, "My WINGS!" but then her eye was drawn to something waiting for her in her crib, "My BABY!"

Disney did an EXCELLENT JOB of presentation - my brother commented on how well everything was done, and that doesn't come lightly from a perfectionist artist.

You can see they took the time to fluff out the skirt, and made sure it looked pretty - there was also a welcome card signed by Minnie, as well as a most excellent towel creation.

Her BABY! She was waiting in LP's crib, with a glowing Tink attached. (Mr. Spratt assures me she has wings...she came in the day the box was sent out. DH happened to be at home when she was delivered because there was a neighborhood power outage, and we don't leave our furbabies by themselves in 100+ heat! He opened the package, took photos for me, and, once the power came back, he then dropped it off at my BBF's house as he was "constructing" the box to ship all of the Pixie Dust. (When was the last time YOU tried to ship wings? Oy.... but BFF made a masterpiece. That is what he does.)

Mr & Mrs Spratt painted by BFF.

Mr. Spratt & Lulu & Coco - sounds like we are running a puppy brothel, I know!

SW/S and FB called - I got my first five word sentence from LP, "Thank you for my BABY!" and hearing all of their excitement makes it all worth it - but there is SO MUCH MORE TO COME! (SW/S knows, but FB is clueless. I LOVE pulling this over on him - and I think he is really touched. He asked if I made the costume - I told him no, and he still said well, Halloween is taken care of! I just hope it fits....

They are scheduled to be at the Wave as I type, then tomorrow, LP MEETS TINK! And has lunch at Crystal Palace! And dinner at Tony's!

Thanks for sharing my excitement - this trip is a dream come true for me, and, as I've told Mr. Spratt - "I've got a flame-thrower filled with Pixie Dust and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Mrs. Spratt

Last edited by MrsSpratt; 07-06-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
MrsSpratt

And to everyone reading, THANK YOU! I've never done anything like this (blogging, etc.) and I appreciate that you are taking the time to read - I hope you are enjoying it!

Mrs. Spratt

Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
LauraC
Mouseketeer

I'm loving it! Looking forward to more updates!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #13
MrsSpratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
I'm in!
Thanks for saying hi, Backstage Gal! I appreciate your reading along! I provides at bit of to keep going!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #14
MrsSpratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm loving it! Looking forward to more updates!
Thanks, Laura! My biggest fear is that this will be boring to everyone else - it feels so self indulgent to write about this, especially as I haven't been to WDW since I was 3, and DL since I was 25 or 26!

I have to figure out how to multi-quote - never thought I'd be saying that!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #15
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Really Really enjoying the live updates and what a beautiful suprise you left for them!! Can't wait to hear more about their live adventures!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: