Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
adventuregirl
Earning My Ears

Dream Disney Stay

What would be your dream stay at WDW in 7 days or less, if cost was of no concern? (This includes resort, parks, food).

Or, have you already had that dream stay - what was it like?
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Well, hmmm.

I would stay at the GF one night, the Poly one night, the Bay Tower one night, Yacht Club one night, AKL one night, then go back to whichever one I liked best for the last two nights. All rooms I stay in would have resort views when possible. Someone other than me would move my luggage and pack and unpack each time so I can run around the parks with my kids. Oh, and I would have a stroller that magically appeared when my 3 year-old was tired from walking and disappear when I didn't need it. I am perfectly happy with the ADRs I have for August... lots of character dining with my girls (3,8) I had a kids play and eat free pin. Woohoo.

I'd have a Fastpass for everything and a great view for parades whenever I wanted... fireworks too. Somehow, the crowds would part for me and my girls as we walked to the transportation and we wouldn't wait long to get back to our hotel where the girls and I would stare at the beautiful lights of the theme parks and I would have a nice glass of merlot after they went to bed.

So....who's offering this, LOL?
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
minster22
DIS Veteran

I have already had that stay....7nights at GF in lagoon view room and then over to the BWI where we were upgraded to a garden suite (concierge) for 10 nights!!! My best friend and I saved for 2 years for this trip and it was absolute heaven.....4 spa treatments, dinners at Narcousees(sp??) California Grille, Flying Fish (several times) and Blue Zoo!!We lounged around every pool at both GF and BW and wandered thru the parks leisurely. We cried when we had to come home!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Rosanne... Mine would be similar to yours. DH and I just discussed it.

We would like to stay at the Poly one night, BCV one night, Yacht Club one night, AKL one night and WL one night then returning to our favorite for two. I would like to have the dining plan and eat several character meals.

We would like to be in the front of the line for each ride and show we wanted.

To be honest... we have stayed at all value resorts with the exeption of one time when we stayed at POFQ. We have never stayed at a deluxe resort and hopefully one day we will be able to do that!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

7 nights at Polynesian -- with tickets for the luau show and dinner at O'Hana's, and meals at LeCellier, Coral Reef and Narcosse's. And just the ability to relax and truly enjoy the resort and our time there with no deadlines or pressure to be anywhere.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well, we've already done the Poly and the CR, so I'd say seven nights at the AKL with a savannah view and meals at LeCellier and Flying Fish for sure and we've never done a "signature" meal and I'd like to do the only two we want to try -- Jiko and California Grill.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

Probably Poly as well. Adr's for Boma, Kona, and Tusker House (I don't need a ton of ADR's! LOL)

Actually I'm hoping to do that for Christmas 2010

CSR March 2009
CSR May 2011
CSR March 2013
momma2kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
ma2jr
DIS Veteran

Cruise and GF
ma2jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
WTP
Mouseketeer

If cost was of no concern?

I would stay at the GF, club level, theme park view. A suite.

I would have the deluxe dining plan. I would dine at V&A, 1900 park fare, Ohana, Markaresh, Teppan Edo CRT, Crystal Palace, Rainforest Cafe, and Boma for sure, and others as I felt like it.

I would spend afternoons at the GF spa getting massages and treatments, and have tea at the GF a few times.

But reall, what will our "dream vacation" be?

We hope to stay at the GF some day, and we will probably never get more than the basic meal plan. I may get to sneak off to the spa once or twice and we would probably do tea once. And that would be enough and a total dream vacation! If I get to do each of the things on my list above, but spread out over a lifetime of vacations, I'd prefer that to just one massive money-spending-fest.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

2-week trip during Food and Wine:
While, I love Boardwalk Garden Suites (stayed 3 nights during our wedding), I think Yacht or Beach Club would win for the pool! A Junior Suite (club level) for 1 week, then AKL Concierge savanna view for week 2.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #11
TillyMarigold
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure cost will *ever* be no concern, unless we somehow win or are given money that *must* be used *only* at Disney World. Because even if we someday get to the point where we *could* afford our dream vacation, we'd feel bad spending that much money on a vacation when we could have a perfectly magical vacation for thousands of dollars less.

But: my dream stay would be 6 nights at Beach Club or maybe Boardwalk, with a really nice view ... at least 1 of my best friends would stay there also and her family ... and my DSis and DBiL ... and my parents would be at Disney with us also, but at a different hotel. And we would spend some time with each of them and some time in a big group, and some time by ourselves.

DH and I would eat at Victoria and Albert's, everyone would eat together at Sanaa, and somewhere in there we'd eat at Jiko, Cali Grill, and Kouzzina ... maybe a couple more, but with limited time, we wouldn't want to spend all of it eating! We'd do a Wishes fireworks cruise and take the kids to see La Nouba. We'd have FPs for every ride. I think we'd probably play mini golf at least once, but no water parks.

Oh, and we'd have a private driver to take us to the Magic Kingdom, the Studios, or DownTown Disney. No driving and no relying on the buses!

Oh, and if we're really dreaming, I'd charter a direct flight so we didn't lose a whole day to traveling. It's impossible to get *anywhere* direct from here!

(This is *my* dream, btw, I think DH would make some significant changes ...)
TillyMarigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #12
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm definitely dreamin' now!
Let's see... We'd stay at the GF or Beach Club (Concierge, of course!). Indulge in spa treatments and dine at California Grill. More ADRs at 1900 Park Fare, 9 Dragons, Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Tusker House, Ohana B'fast, Cape May B'fast, etc. Will also want to catch Crique du Soleil. Wonder the parks with FPs for all rides. Yeah... that'll be my dream! Oh, throw in a night or 2 at Cinderella Castle Suite and it'll be even better!
Old 06-28-2009, 01:14 AM   #13
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

Well, I've had a dream vacation I know I'll probably not be able to repeat.

I used to own DVC at OKW, but sold it after my divorce. So before selling I wanted to use up all my points, and we had some banked.

So...we went for three weeks: 1 week at Poly; 1 week at OKW 1 br; 1 week at CR. I put OKW in the middle week so I could do laundry from week one and before we go to week 3

My in laws (well, ex-in laws, but that sounds weird, they are lovely people) bought us each annual passes, so I just had to take care of flight & food.

But, truthfully by the middle of week three I was thinking, maybe there is such a thing as too much but quickly shrugged that idea right off!

We homeschool, so that was not an issue, and I am self employed/wahm so it was a bit of planning and saving so our normal living budget didn't take any hits, since I don't really get vacation pay!

Now I think my dream vacation would be to just be able to go to a TS place and walk up w/ no adr and get seated! I hate adr's and having to be on a schedule, so we only do a few per trip.

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
adventuregirl
Earning My Ears

These are sounding fantastic...
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #15
Shenanigoat
I shall call him squishy. And he shall be mine. And he shall be my squishy.

Well, if money wasn't an issue...

First of all, my DH would actually go on this trip with me. I love my solo trips, but this would be a romantic getaway in the lap of luxury so I'd need someone there to pinch me every now again again.

BWI Inn Keepers Club in one of the Garden Suites. I'd probably prefer one with a balcony than the gardens, because I'd use the balcony more. I'd have a private driver to get to the parks and back, so I wouldn't have to use Disney buses or drive myself. I would also take a hired car to get from the airport to the hotel and back again.

My trip would be during Food and Wine and I'd take part in many of their offerings. I would dine at Victora and Albert's at the Chef's table and then another night in the "regular" V&A dining room, Bluezoo, California Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, and Raglan Road (not gourmet, but so much fun!) for dinner.

Oh, and I would totally get a spa treatment (or 10) at the Mandara Spa.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: