Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Chat Rooms are Dangerous: The Girls and Nobby are Baaaaaccckkk! Update: 9/27 (PG.43)

Chat Rooms are Dangerous: The Girls and Nobby are Baaaaaccckkk!!!

That’s right my fellow DISers, Nobby and I are returning to Walt Disney World, but guess what we’re not going alone. You heard me right we have very special company on this trip, who might you ask? Well you know her and you love her and we call her P aka ILuvCrush aka Paula! Now I have to admit to you something, this trip was all Paula’s idea, don’t let her deny it, it really was LOL! Well maybe I should start at the beginning, because this trip has been long in the making and it involves a certain chat room which is now affectionately been named “The Cess-pool of Disney Enabling.” Let me give you some examples, plans for Gnomefest have developed in that chat room, the idea for me to join LL in May came up in that chat room, and this trip in Sept/Oct came up in that chat room. Alright I’ll be honest I’m easily enabled the others they are the strong ones. So let’s go back in time shall we to January 2009 (oh yes if I remember correctly this trip was planned even before I left for my first solo trip, of course P can feel free to correct me cuz I’m the blonde in this relationship LOL).

*Enter weird Flashback music that might as well sound like the Twilight Zone Theme*

While planning my January solo trip I found the DIS, and what an amazing blessing that has been. Through the DIS I have met some lifetime friends who I wouldn’t change for the world. I may have not met all of them in real life but our connection goes beyond that and I’m so grateful. Some of these fine ladies have been what I called my “gnomies.” Well us gnomies, we have a chat room and we use said chat room to well “chat,” I know you’re shocked! Well many a night has been spent in that chat room just discussing all the things we love and on one January night with Paula and I this was no different. Well until a pin code was sent, my dear P had received said pin code and wanted to see if she could use in the fall. It didn’t take long after that for an entire trip to be planned, we had dates, we had a resort, and we even had prices (of course I’ll mention more of these details in later chapters). To make it even better the dates would be during my birthday, so I would be able to celebrate with a great friend at Disney. Now I just had to convince Prince Phillip this would be a great idea, well one trip to Alaska later, Paula and I had made a reservation and payments were being sent. We were going to Disney!!!!

*Back to Reality*

So yes my friends this trip has been planned since January and yes I’m waiting until now to start the PTR, now you might ask why is Jen writing the PTR, well Paula has another PTR she’s working on at the moment for a Nov. family trip she is taking and well there is a little matter of some PTR curse, but we won’t mention anything more about that. But no worries, Paula will be around and will definitely be taking part and we have agreed on co-writing the TR so that will be a lot of fun, I can’t wait!

Now I must warn you this PTR is full of changes and surprises. The first trip we planned has morphed into something completely different and wonderful; although the dates have mostly stayed the same other things are different (how is that for vague LOL). We have special meets planned, maybe you have heard, a very special gnomie, we call her C (2xcited2sleep), will be there at the same time so of course plans have been made to party it up with her! Halloween Extravaganzas, special birthday dinner, secret adventures, and who knows what else is going to happen on this trip, who knows who else might decide to stop by, any way you look at it, this trip is for the memory books and I hope you’ll join us on our adventure.

I’m going to leave you with warning, beware of chat rooms after 10pm because you never know when you might suddenly find yourself back at Disney! LOL!

Now I promise there will be plenty of photos in the future, because well P and I are scrapbookers and that means thousands of photos...however you will have to wait for those until Chapter 2 LOL!

Chapter Links:
Chapter 2: In the Famous Words of one Caterpillar, “Who…oo Are You..uu?”
Chapter 3: Oh, it's not the first time I was tossed out of a window, and it won't be the last. What can I say? I'm a rebel.
Chapter 4: “This much I knew. If you are what you eat, then I only wanna eat the good stuff.” – Remy
Chapter 5: Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking...." "A dangerous pastime..." "I know..." -lyrics sung by Gaston and Lefou
Chapter 6: Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts. -Aladdin
Chapter 7: For every to, there is a fro, for every stop there is a go and that's what makes the world go round. -The Sword and the Stone
Chapter 8: Paula's MiniTrip to Hershey!!
Chapter 9: Well Your Highness, I must say everything is going just swimmingly. I knew you had it in you, ha ha! – Cogsworth (Beauty and the Beast)
Chapter 10: I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day. -Meg (Hercules)
Chapter 11: We can't have them gallivanting up there like kangaroos, can we? – Mary Poppins
Vera Sweet Vera Update
Chapter 12: Always let your conscience be your guide. (Jiminy Cricket)-Pinocchio
Chapter 13: Paula's One Month Celebration!
Chapter 14: Jackie's One Month Celebration and EPCOT Must Dos!
Chapter 15:I Gotta Feeling…We’re in our TEENS!!!!
Chapter 16: Welcome Foolish Mortals!
Chapter 17: Single Digit Dancing!
Chapter 18: The Ever So Long But Thorough Packing List
Chapter 19: UhOh I'm Running Out of Witty Titles
Chapter 20: Most Likely the Last Update until I Return

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Last edited by jenjolt; 09-27-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

yay!! here we go!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm here... going back to read.

Great start! I am SO looking forward to this trip!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
kschafer
DIS Veteran

here!!!

Geez, all the time I have spent in that chatroom and still no trip planned ...other than gnomefest of course!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm here... going back to read.

Great start! I am SO looking forward to this trip!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
here!!!

Geez, all the time I have spent in that chatroom and still no trip planned ...other than gnomefest of course!
yay!!! lets get this party started!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
here!!!

It only happens after 10pm or a bottle of wine but I'll let you guess which gnomie that refers to LOL!!! That late at night we get all loopy and just start rambling ideas all over the place LOL!

Besides we all know gnomefest is the ultimate in Disney togetherness fun!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 06-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What do you mean FINALLY LOL...this PTR actually started earlier than I had planned it...between you and C I'm going to be a nervous wreck!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! Another Jen pre-trippie!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

JJ!!! I'm here and you better believe I'm going to follow this thing through..
How lucky are you to have 3 Disney Trips in 1 year???? We did 2 this year (The Annual Pass does that to you!), but we're traveling to Tahiti in Oct. so we're going to need to cut back next year LOL
Anyway, I am beyond excited to have another gnomie trip report in my future! You're one of my favorite Trip Reporters!

Old 06-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Saw the link in Crush's sig
Old 06-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
How lucky are you to have 3 Disney Trips in 1 year???? We did 2 this year (The Annual Pass does that to you!), but we're traveling to Tahiti in Oct. so we're going to need to cut back next year LOL
Anyway, I am beyond excited to have another gnomie trip report in my future! You're one of my favorite Trip Reporters!
Woot congrats on 2 trips and a trip to Tahiti wow have fun!!!! And thank you so much I can't wait to go on this trip there will be much fun had I can reassure you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Awesome!! Welcome!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here!

WOOOOOO!

I am so excited that you FINALLY started this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Woo hoo! Another Jen pre-trippie!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Welcome aboard everyone!!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Got lots of popcorn and ready for more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: