Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #121
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

What a great list! I'm sure you will get to see/do everything on your list! You have 50 more?? Wonder what's on that list?
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #122
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

GREAT list!! What a great idea!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #123
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
What a great list! I'm sure you will get to see/do everything on your list! You have 50 more?? Wonder what's on that list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
GREAT list!! What a great idea!!
Thanks, need to work on the next fifty, I'll be doing that this weekend I think/hope- work is keeping me VERY busy. And I just signed up for a 5K Walk/Run for Autism on the 26th of this month. Plus everything else you know, I think most of you all have kids.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #124
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Jessica!

I still have to catch up completely, but I wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm here!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #125
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Jessica!

I still have to catch up completely, but I wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm here!

Kathy
oh Wow, HI, thanks for joining you'll soon learn I'm pretty indecisive and have changed my mind on several things regarding our trip, though I'm noticing many DISers change their plans, like room upgrades or resort changes, and ADR's, etc. It's all part of planning a GREAT trip I suppose.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 09-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #126
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
... I'm noticing many DISers change their plans, like room upgrades or resort changes, and ADR's, etc. It's all part of planning a GREAT trip I suppose.

Absolutely!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #127
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

What a fun list of things to look forward to!! I love your idea to put them on the countdown!! Looking forward to the next set.

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #128
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I love your list! It so makes me want to be there right now. Can't wait to see more! All Star Movies is so fun, you will have such fun!

How have things been going?
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #129
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

The next 50 things...

It took me a long time to come up with the last 50, plus I had to replace a few from the last 50 (which I had left blank)

so adding to my previous list... and remember they each read ___days until___
*4. our Disney Adventure
*7. we become crash dummies
*9. an electrical water pageant
*23. spectromagic
*31. the boys drive a car

now onto the last 50....

51. We add to our pin collection

52. lego building

53. playhouse Disney live on stage

54. we soar over California

55. fishing with Grandpa

56. swimming in the Fantasia pool

57. socializing with grim grinning ghosts

58. we grab fastpasses

59. a viking voyage

60. kidcot fun

61. we witness movie magic

62. Mickey rice krispie treat

63. Hakuna Matata (no worries)

64. a tour with the three Caballeros

65. a firework wagon ride

66. we visit an enchanted kingdom

67. Illuminations

68. a trip to the moon of Endor

69. we get to play with interactive fountains

70. we create magical memories

71. we experience new tastes

72. trying Tonga toast

73. Mommy and Daddy conquer Mt. Everest

74. we explore Tom Sawyer Island

75. a ride on a Golden Carousel

Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #130
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

last 50 continued...

76. stamping our passports

77. the magic of Disney Animation

78. Barnstormer fun

79. Mommy and Daddy ride Rock n' Roller Coaster

80. pictures in front of the Tree of Life

81. a magic carpet ride

82. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show

83. we explore Dinoland

84. we explore Donalds Boat

85. a triceratop spin

86. an Aloha dinner

87. a wild ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

88. a walk down the Pangani Forest Trail

89. walking around the Polynesian

90. a rope drop ceremony at Magic Kingdom

91. a relaxing ride on Tomorrowland Transit authority

92. a ride on the Wildlife Express

93. eating yummy churros

94. sweets at the Main Street Bakery

95. pizza at Toy Story Pizza Planet

96. Jack goes on a Pirate Adventure

97. the ladies enjoy an afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian

98. carefree days of fun

99. Celebrating with Family

100. We drive 831 miles to our Happy Place!

In purchasing news: I've purchased some small gifts for the boys to open on mornings before heading to the parks. Love the dollar section at Target. I'll share pictures closer to the trip after I've collected all the little treasures.

I also purchased my first Vera which I had planned to use on our trip, but it's a bit smallish for my taste, might be good for walking around the resort and going out to eat, but I'll need something bigger for a day in the park

And in planning news, waiting to see if the book 4 get 3 offer gets extended through June like last year, though I feel I must book soon just to get something set. My parents are heading to Vegas for a couple weeks, so when they get back Mom said we would finalize our plans and get things booked, we want to make sure our dates/plans coordinate.

Guess that is it for now, haven't had much time to DIS, so still catching up on all of your PTR's and TR's

Old 09-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #131
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Jessica!

This list is fantanstic!! THere are so many things I want to do that are exactly the same! I'll be dreaming right along with you!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:25 AM   #132
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

You moved to my hometown!
And if I read correctly I got married near yours? At hotel coranadi while visiting friends in riverside
We tried to go to the Christmas carol train but the line was 2+ hours by the time we got there.
We gave an iep for speech- while the set up wasn't the most organized (it took 6 months to get her started)- the speech pathologists are wonderful and my dd is learning so much. Hopefully you will have a good experience with yours too
you asked about a aaa car rental- with my regular car insurance I am covered if driving a rental- yours might cover it too?

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #133
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

The second 50 are just as great as the 1st 50!!!

What a great list!

I'm gonna check when we get back how many of your 100 we did!
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #134
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
The second 50 are just as great as the 1st 50!!!

What a great list!

I'm gonna check when we get back how many of your 100 we did!
I tried to make them do-able, so that is our goal is to actually get them all done too. I'm even going to take my own pictures of each thing to replace these ones I got searching on google. I can't wait to read your TR, I know you are leaving soon, I'll probably catch up on your PTR tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
You moved to my hometown!
And if I read correctly I got married near yours? At hotel coranadi while visiting friends in riverside
We tried to go to the Christmas carol train but the line was 2+ hours by the time we got there.
We gave an iep for speech- while the set up wasn't the most organized (it took 6 months to get her started)- the speech pathologists are wonderful and my dd is learning so much. Hopefully you will have a good experience with yours too
you asked about a aaa car rental- with my regular car insurance I am covered if driving a rental- yours might cover it too?
yes, it is quite lengthy process, Jack has been tested twice, and both times it was several months of paperwork, waiting, testing, waiting, more testing, you get the idea. New area so new rules again, still waiting to see how it all pans out.

Yeah my Mom explained to me how car rental insurance works, but we aren't going to California in December anymore, and I believe we are driving to Florida in June. It's just easier to tote all our items.

btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Jessica!

This list is fantanstic!! THere are so many things I want to do that are exactly the same! I'll be dreaming right along with you!
Thank you and very cool. Of course great minds think alike

I got the new 2010 Birnbaum today, and also picked up the Hidden Mickey's book to help with our Hidden Mickey search The new passporter doesn't get released until November, but planning to pre-order it soon.

Long work day tomorrow, must get things ready and head to bed.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #135
All7OfUs

I didn't know a new edition of the Passporter was coming out. I've really resisted ordering one at all, but think I will. Another resource to fill the time, and obssess (sp?) over. Is it best to order it directly from their website??

Why do you find it a good thing to have? Would love your thoughts on it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: