Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #91
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
I'm starting to get the hang of fusing pictures together, I might be able to start DISigning our WDW shirts on my own
Sweet!!!!

When can I put in my order?
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #92
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

I am so loving your lists!! Seriously... I had forgotten to put pennies and quarters on mine!! Sheesh!!

I think that the beginning of school has cut into a lot of our DIStime, I'm noticing that there just aren't very many new posts on ANY of the PTRs I'm following. Seems to come in waves- real life, that is.
__________________

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #93
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Great updates!! I love your lists...I'm a lot like you and LL and I make a lot of lists for my trips!! Your lists are so exciting...and yes please do not forget the sunscreen for your little ones LOL!!!

Love the shirt you made!!! When are you going to start taking requests LOL!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #94
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 3,359

Hey there! I'm finally catching up.... awesome lists and love the Spidey-tee!

We ended up not using any of the tip envelopes I so studiously finished putting together the afternoon before our trip - all our gratuities were charged back to our room on our KTTW cards. Why not have one autograph book for both visits? I love looking back through our autographs and just continued on with the same one for this trip too.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #95
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Sweet!!!!

When can I put in my order?
I'll tell you were to put your order j/k, If you are serious, after I figure a few more things out with the program I'm using, I'll be happy to make a few designs for people I know. What did you have in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I am so loving your lists!! Seriously... I had forgotten to put pennies and quarters on mine!! Sheesh!!

I think that the beginning of school has cut into a lot of our DIStime, I'm noticing that there just aren't very many new posts on ANY of the PTRs I'm following. Seems to come in waves- real life, that is.
Yes pennies and quarters... a must...my son had a lot of fun with this at the zoo, so I figured it would be a MUST on our WDW list. Thanks for making your way over to my little PTR by the way. I'm super honored since you said you only follow about 20 at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Great updates!! I love your lists...I'm a lot like you and LL and I make a lot of lists for my trips!! Your lists are so exciting...and yes please do not forget the sunscreen for your little ones LOL!!!

Love the shirt you made!!! When are you going to start taking requests LOL!!!
As I was making the spider soccer shirt I was thinking about you and the quiet shirt for your trip, but I haven't played with fonts yet. I LOVE lists, that is why I was tickled to find LL's reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hey there! I'm finally catching up.... awesome lists and love the Spidey-tee!

We ended up not using any of the tip envelopes I so studiously finished putting together the afternoon before our trip - all our gratuities were charged back to our room on our KTTW cards. Why not have one autograph book for both visits? I love looking back through our autographs and just continued on with the same one for this trip too.
Welcome back, can't wait until you start your TR, was it an automatic thing that they charged your KTTW cards or did you opt for that? I love projects, but if I'm not going to use them, it would seem like a waste of paper to me. let me know your thoughts.
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #96
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 3,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Welcome back, can't wait until you start your TR, was it an automatic thing that they charged your KTTW cards or did you opt for that? I love projects, but if I'm not going to use them, it would seem like a waste of paper to me. let me know your thoughts.
They give you the option, you can go either way. When the bill is brought to the table, the server explains if you want to add a gratuity to the card they would re-run the bill with the tip amount added. If you wanted to do the envelopes, you would just sign the bill as it comes without a gratuity and leave the envelope. As it happens for me, I never had the cash on hand to put in the envelopes so I opted for the convenience of using the KTTW cards.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #97
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,609

Thanks for the offer on the shirts. I had a few DISigns made before we went in March. Then I used the transfers and voila! instant Disney shirts! LOL I always check those threads to see if there is something new that I'm interested in.

I checked your list again.... If my DW was packing she'd have Wet Ones and Purell. I think I should buy stock in this stuff the way DW goes through it! LOL
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #98
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post

Yes pennies and quarters... a must...my son had a lot of fun with this at the zoo, so I figured it would be a MUST on our WDW list. Thanks for making your way over to my little PTR by the way. I'm super honored since you said you only follow about 20 at a time.



With lists and fun stuff like that- how could I refuse
__________________

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #99
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran
 
PracPerfPatricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,466

Hey Jessica,

I followed your link over from KathyRN's PTR...

your little men are adorable...

I'm from outside Philadelphia so I guess the Eagles are my team too...although I don't really know too much about football......DH is impressed when I know which teams play what sports... anyhow...

I love California-we've been there on several family trips-all over between San Francisco to San Diego...we were to DL as well and I absolutely adored it...(some people I knew thought we might be dissapointed because FL is so much bigger-in terms of more parks-but DL has quite a bit packed in to it-I thought that the whole New Orleans Square Area was especially awesome-and it was cool to be in "Walt's park"-there is a sort of charm there and there is something to be said for being able to walk between DL and CA-and I will only ride Soarin at CA now for sentimental reasons...(I want to go back after they've made all the changes to CA and added Radiator Springs-that will rock...

I was thinking about your concerns about the loud noises for your son during Wishes (My DS is 7 and has Asperger's) but honestly I probably have more Sensory Issues than he does... We just came back and did a Pirates Wishes Cruise so we weren't in the Park but on the water so that deflected noise and also I've read that there are places to view the fireworks from the beaches at the GF and the Poly-so if you went to dinner at one of the restaurants one night-maybe you could go out to the beaches and watch...

As far as the heat in June...we just came back in August and it was very hot but we managed and you're in Disney...we tend to be at rope drop and then come back to swim in the afternoon...

your countdown calendar is simply darling...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #100
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Jessica,

I followed your link over from KathyRN's PTR...

your little men are adorable...

I'm from outside Philadelphia so I guess the Eagles are my team too...although I don't really know too much about football......DH is impressed when I know which teams play what sports... anyhow...

I love California-we've been there on several family trips-all over between San Francisco to San Diego...we were to DL as well and I absolutely adored it...(some people I knew thought we might be dissapointed because FL is so much bigger-in terms of more parks-but DL has quite a bit packed in to it-I thought that the whole New Orleans Square Area was especially awesome-and it was cool to be in "Walt's park"-there is a sort of charm there and there is something to be said for being able to walk between DL and CA-and I will only ride Soarin at CA now for sentimental reasons...(I want to go back after they've made all the changes to CA and added Radiator Springs-that will rock...

I was thinking about your concerns about the loud noises for your son during Wishes (My DS is 7 and has Asperger's) but honestly I probably have more Sensory Issues than he does... We just came back and did a Pirates Wishes Cruise so we weren't in the Park but on the water so that deflected noise and also I've read that there are places to view the fireworks from the beaches at the GF and the Poly-so if you went to dinner at one of the restaurants one night-maybe you could go out to the beaches and watch...

As far as the heat in June...we just came back in August and it was very hot but we managed and you're in Disney...we tend to be at rope drop and then come back to swim in the afternoon...

your countdown calendar is simply darling...
Thanks for making your way over to my little PTR.

Thanks for the suggestions on the fireworks, I've been looking into a wagon ride they do with a fireworks viewing, I think it's over in the camping area, and they stream the music in. But still exploring options.

Yeah the heat has DH going back to wanting to go in March, but it will all come down to a decision on Jacks schooling as we are wavering again. Since he is only four, he technically doesn't NEED to be in school this year. But because it takes him longer to catch on to things, we want him in school. If that makes sense. But with the new swine flu scare I'm afraid to put him in school since he catches EVERYTHING. There is just more room for us to plan out our trip properly in June than trying to cram everything in March, though we could always do another trip in October as I'm hoping to sway my DH to allow me and the boys to go to MNSSHP without him

Will be happy for all your suggestions. We still don't understand DS's diagnosis, it says High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder on his IEP, but there are parts that said Aspergers????
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #101
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,551

DL plans on hold

A Big part of me going to my cousins wedding was for my Grandma to get to see my baby, they have never met. And the wedding of course was the reason for the DL trip.

Well on Sept 11th, a sad day in history, becomes another sad day for me and my family as well. My Grandma is moving up to Sacramento (she lives in Long Beach right now) and moving into a retirement home. She doesn't like traveling and has a hard time with it. So whether she will go to the wedding is up in the air now.

My cousin is having a very small informal wedding. A short no nonsense ceremony (I'm catholic so had a big nearly 2 hr ceremony ) And they are having a very informal reception at Buca Di Beppo. So he would not be upset in the slightest if I couldn't make it, though I really do want to go since we are very close. But since he is only inviting a hand full of people and trying to keep it intimate I may pass on the wedding and we may be planning a longer trip to California in 2010 to see Grandma in Sacramento then drive down the coast and hit DL and make our way down to San Diego to hit some places down there as well.

I have decided to not make any decisions until October after she is more settled and we can get a feel for how she is doing up there. Please keep her in your thoughts for a safe journey to her new home.


Ok, never mind all that. Was talking with my Mom today, and she said that is silly I should still go. Then I told her I was thinking of not putting Jack in school this year cause of the Swine Flu and how he catches EVERYTHING and how I would have to take him too now. She just looked at me. Later came back and started planning and said she was going too because she could not feel good about me taking both boys alone. And I said I'd be fine, and she said, really with Jack, what if this and that.... so I said I think you just want to go to DL, and she said well of course So the trip is on, Mom and Jack are coming along now. We are staying at Hojo's and will be stopping in Las Vegas to see my brother and sister and their families, two days at DL/CA, possibly one day at Knotts Berry Farm, and our trip became a week long now. Aren't Moms funny.
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly


Last edited by JPFamilyMom; 08-30-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: change in plans again... told you it was every changing
JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 AM   #102
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

YES! Mothers are funny! I just finished drafting my next major update, and there are some references to mothers in there! HA!

I think it's great she wants to help you out, and get a trip out of it as well. How sweet! I hope you tour the same way. I vowed last trip, I"d NEVER go with my family again- EVER! We are just NOT on the same page.

OMG!! I haven't heard Knotts mentioned in a veyr long time, Too funny!
__________________

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:12 PM   #103
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
YES! Mothers are funny! I just finished drafting my next major update, and there are some references to mothers in there! HA!

I think it's great she wants to help you out, and get a trip out of it as well. How sweet! I hope you tour the same way. I vowed last trip, I"d NEVER go with my family again- EVER! We are just NOT on the same page.

OMG!! I haven't heard Knotts mentioned in a veyr long time, Too funny!
Oh I LOVE Knotts, grew up on it though. Can you say Funnel Cake, yum-o and of course the best jelly/jam ever

Plus they have snow in the kids area for Christmas
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #104
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,551

Multiple Updates

First, OT- Read today that Disney bought Marvel

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Disney...17139.html?x=0

To me that is strange, but I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not happy about it, cause now my Spiderman obsessed little boy is part of my Disney family once again It will be interesting to see exactly what Disney does with the purchase and how it affects other theme parks and places


Princess half marathon update: I think I have decided not to do the half marathon. With the move and me starting this job I haven't had time to run But I think I might sign up for a local 5k in October in hopes to do the half marathon with DH in January 2011

June 2010 Update: So I made an executive decision and decided to stick with June, it just gives us more wiggle room in the planning, not trying to cram in the travel and vacation into a short week. Other than that no "real" updates

DL December 2009 Update: Well first off I'm 100 days away from departing and heading out west.
Excited, yeah, maybe a little I haven't seen my extended family since I was pregnant with Joey, I went for another Cousins wedding November 2007, also the last time I went to DL.

So talked to DH, he was upset I was taking Jack, because he had planned out a fun weekend for the two of them Then I told him how long we were going and I felt bad cause he was actually But glad, cause he really wants me to go, and knows my family needs to get to see the baby.

So here is our tentative travel itinerary:

December 2010 Disneyland/California Adventure Itinerary

Wednesday December 9: *Depart from Memphis Airport
*Arrive in Las Vegas, NV
*Stay with brotherís family

Thursday December 10: *Catch up with old friends/sisterís family
*Stay @ brotherís again

Friday December 11: *Depart Las Vegas in the a.m.
* A Christmas Carol at El Capitan in Hollywood?
*Arrive in beautiful Anaheim, CA
*Check into Hojoís

Saturday December 12: *Character breakfast?
Or watch sunrise @ beach or Knotts
*Wedding
*Head to beach/watch Newport water pageant
*Dinner @ knotts? or Universal City Walk?

Sunday December 13: *DL/CA day

Monday December 14: *DL/CA day

Tuesday December 15: *?Character breakfast If didnít on the 12th
*Head back to Las Vegas
*Stay at Cannery Hotel

Wednesday December 16: Fly home
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #105
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

I did too! We grew up in Hemet. Do you know where that is? We would drive up there just to get a chicken dinner!! Yummo! I loved the corkscrew and Montezuma's Revenge!

Anyway, I've never been to CA!!! It opened long after I left So. Cal.; when I was still there, I parked my car in the CM parking lot which was exactly where CA stands now- if I'm not mistaken
__________________

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our first trip Simba726 Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 9 12-21-2009 01:40 PM
2 Princesses, a mom and Grumpy-1st Trip Final Thoughts MaryAz Completed Trip Reports 1183 10-15-2009 05:13 PM
How Many Sleeps Until Disney Mommy?! August 2009 PTR **WE'RE BACK!!!** Mickey_Mom Completed Trip Reports 609 09-02-2009 01:43 PM
Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew teresajoy Disney for Families 3673 08-31-2009 09:45 AM
Rose and Crown How is it for Kids? 1hero2princesses Disney Restaurants 8 06-27-2009 06:45 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.