Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #76
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

The Christmas Carol train looked soooo much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Looking over schedules, my DH and I have officially decided it isn't worth the stress to go with the kids in March- so the boys will have to wait until June for their first trip to Walt Disney World
We know it will be hot, we know it could be more crowded, the cost actually isn't much more, and we won't be stressed about anyone missing work or school, so we can enjoy ourselves and relax
Tough decision I bet but it sounds like it will work out for the better that way for you all. Good you could make the decision now well in advance!

Quote:
I am still planning on going in March, that trip my Mom and I will take a trip without kids and dine in restaurants we wouldn't otherwise dine in with my two boys. I'll run the Princess 1/2 marathon, and experience a first trip away from my children mixed emotions on that one, though I'll get to stay at POR
Wow, that is a tough one. On the one hand so excited to go and experience POR, on the other being away from your boys. You'll be busy!

Quote:
Remember way back in the very first post- I think, how I mentioned there was a wedding in Anaheim this December? Well I think we have decided that I will probably go alone with the baby on that trip if we can work it out financially. I felt a little guilty at first not taking my Jack, but he and I did a solo trip one year to Disneyland, so it's only fair that Joey and I get to take one too
Oh how fun! A special trip just for you two

Quote:
Ok, well that is all for now, have to start laying out the whole budget, and figuring schedules, etc. Oh and now that we are getting settled in our new State things are picking up in our "regular" lives- I'll be very busy the next few weekends
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #77
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Tracy, the train was soooo much fun.
It was a very hard decision to change our family trip to June, but it was necessary, hard to make the grown up decision.

So does anyone know the answer to this question, semi un-disney related, but related to our trip to California/Disneyland in December.
We are considering getting AAA, when you rent a car does AAA cover you if there is an accident or do you still need to get the rental car coverage? Not cause I plan on being in any accidents, but you just never know, especially in California, no offense to Californians (I was born and raised there).

You only have four more days Tracy Will have to go dance on your PTR too
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #78
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Guess what Guess what Guess what?

I just opened up a Lovely email from Disney.

And it contained something I never thought I'd see.....

wait for it......

wait for it.....

a PIN code, my first ever PIN
To say I'm happy is an understatement. It's not for WDW though, it's for DL, but I figure if I'm getting one then there will be more to come in the future. Plus, this PIN just happens to fall into my travel dates for the upcoming wedding in December

I was originally planning at staying at the howards Johnsons, for safety reasons, there are several hotels I've stayed in before that are perfectly great, short, well long, but short walk across the way to DL and extremely affordable. But DH and I talked, and with me going alone with the baby, he wants me to feel safe, so I was going to spend $111/night to stay at the hojo's..... well this PIN is for Disney Paradise Pier Hotel for $149/night, that is only $35 more a night to stay in the Disney magic.

So whats an extra $100 for safety + Disney property + shorter walk with baby????? Hmmmmm......

Ok, but I'm not the one that will need the talking into it, I'm already sold on the idea, of course. But I had to first convince DH to let me and baby travel solo to Cali and then convince him that I HAD to visit DL while I was there and that I needed to spend $111/night for safety reasons instead of the $50-$60 we usually spend when we go to DL.... now I have to convince him that $149 is a good deal

My Disney fun just keeps getting more and more expensive by the day

Oh and did I mention I've already decided DS and I need to get the photopass for our two day adventure because I can't take pictures of the two of us To me this is a completely logical expense...

Did I mention the whole reason for the trip was a wedding

All December planning will be in RED from this day forward to not confuse anyone.

Thoughts???? Like I don't know your answers
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #79
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

How did I not realize you had started a new PTR? Where have I been? Oh yeah, WDW and Universal. Ok, I'm in now.

I noticed you mentioned T-Rex as a dining option and don't think anyone addressed it yet. I haven't been in it, but understand it can be loud like Rainforest Cafe. Please anyone let me know if I am wrong. Just wanted to point it out because when Jacob was 1 1/2 years old we took him to Rainforest Cafe and every time the storm came in the restaurant, Jacob would climb out of his high chair into my lap. That is the only place he ever did that. He is fine there now, but it was many years ago.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #80
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
How did I not realize you had started a new PTR? Where have I been? Oh yeah, WDW and Universal. Ok, I'm in now.

I noticed you mentioned T-Rex as a dining option and don't think anyone addressed it yet. I haven't been in it, but understand it can be loud like Rainforest Cafe. Please anyone let me know if I am wrong. Just wanted to point it out because when Jacob was 1 1/2 years old we took him to Rainforest Cafe and every time the storm came in the restaurant, Jacob would climb out of his high chair into my lap. That is the only place he ever did that. He is fine there now, but it was many years ago.
Hey Melissa, thanks for coming over my way I'm slowly gathering my thoughts and figuring out the schedule and budget for the year.

Yes I've leaned toward taking T-Rex off our dining schedule for the noise factor, though I've looked into some noise reducing head phones for Jack. We thought he was doing better with the noise, as things have seemed to bother him less in the past few weeks, but the past couple days the toilet flushing has had him covering his ears and running again

Could be me back at work again, both kids have been nuts all week.

Today I got Jack another spiderman folder, a spiderman pencil case, and Grandma got him the Spiderman movie. He said "mommy I love spiderman" I'm losing my Disney boy I thought then he said, "oh and I love Wall-E" (we just saw Wall-E recently and he has been obsessed with him now)

Joey got two new swim shorts, for next summer: Toy Story and Spiderman

Old 08-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #81
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

DL in December when its all decorated for Christmas...does it get any better!! I hope your DH will see the logic in your plan because of course I do and it would only make sense to be closer to DL and have that safety you so desire while you're there!!!!!

I can't wait to hear more about your DL trip!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #82
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

no "real" updates right now. I've made a TON of lists, if you have ever followed an LL PTR you will have already been acquainted with a list taker, well I'm the same and I have about four lists saved to my computer right now for the upcoming trips. However today I'm just posting pictures of recent purchases, most of which are Universal/IOA purchases. sorry fellow OCD'ers But my 4 yo is obsessed with Spiderman right now, and the dollar section at Target had Spiderman, no boyish Disney right now- they have HSM and Wizards things right now.

These shorts are for baby DS- one pair for Universal and one pair for WDW

Here is the bulk of the Spiderman loot, haven't decided exactly when I'm giving each thing to DS, I know I'm going to save at least one thing for his small gift morning of IOA, the rest will most likely be gifts he earns with his rewards charts or stocking stuffers.

Here is his new water bottle and sandwhich container, to go in the Spiderman lunchbox that we haven't purchased yet, he did find a backpack he liked a couple weeks ago

These were small punching bags, they already opened and have been playing with, I should go back and get a few more if there are any left, since one already broke that is the joy of having boys I suppose, they play so rough good thing they were only a dollar

And though I have always felt very strongly against the play with guns, I did give in and get them these mini water guns, it was two in a pack for a dollar, they shoot like 3 ft and they had a blast outside the past few days with them. So much so I went back and got them iron man ones to be earned later

Also went back and got Jack some iron man stickers and things which will go in his treasure chest for good deeds (he has a chart for brushing teeth, and we are adding a prayer chart and a getting dressed chart in the next few weeks- these are tasks he has struggled with) And not to offend anyone with that, I in no way consider prayer a task, but for my Jack who doesn't understand all the time, it is right now a task.

Guess that is all for now, I'll post my lists sometime in the next week after fine tuning them

Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #83
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

HEY!!!

I was just checking out your PTR!

Congrats on the PIN!!!

I can only assume you are going to use it like a good DISer would!!! LOL
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #84
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
HEY!!!

I was just checking out your PTR!

Congrats on the PIN!!!

I can only assume you are going to use it like a good DISer would!!! LOL
of course that is the plan as of right now, but there are a few things that have to fall into place, I'm waiting to also see what is happening with family in California, lots going on- will determine my decision for a lot of things for this trip.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #85
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

My DEC DL and June WDW to do list and purchase lists

To Do List- DL December 2009

• Decide on hotel
• Book room
• Book air
• Book car
• Buy wedding gift/card
• Buy tickets
• Make tip envelopes
• Make a list of items to pack
• Make a list of items to buy (partially done)
• Lists of rides and shows to see
• Make shirts
• ? Schedule holiday tour (have to get more information)
• countdown calendar? (not sure if I want to do this since Jack isn't going)
• Make coloring book/autograph book (this not so sure of since he is so little, and I didn't do one for Jacks first two visits to DL)
• Make ADR for character breakfast

To Buy list- DL December 2009

• Shirts
• Snack items for plane
• Outfits for wedding
• Me- new backpack
• Me- new camera or disposable (and hope for new camera for Christmas)
• Toys to entertain Joey on plane

Can you think of anything else I would need to do or buy?

To Do List- June 2010

• Book room (waiting to see if a deal will be coming out)
• Buy tickets (this will go with our room package)
• Make ADR’s
• Make tip envelopes
• Make a list of items to pack
• Make a list of items to buy (partially done)
• Lists of rides and shows to see
• Make shirts
• Golf reservation for parents (this was a gift for my Dad's birthday)
• ? Special excursion ressies (pirate adventure or family magic tour)
• Finish countdown calendar
• Fill out and send in special dietary request form
• Get rolled quarters and pennies for penny machines
• Print a map/list of penny machine locations
• Make coloring book/autograph book
• Picture schedule- Jack
• Make dining invites for boys
• Buy universal tickets
• Schedule IOA character breakfast
• To do list for IOA

To Buy list- June 2010

• Bathing suits for boys
• Shirts (to add DISigns to)
• Ponchos
• Snack items
• Beach towels for boys
• Gift cards for boys (their spending $)
• Water vest/floaties
• Goggles for pool ?? (if I feel they might even put heads in water)
• Headphones/ear plugs- Jack
• Small $1 gifts for opening each morning and on drive down
• Pirate costumes ???
• Fans / water bottles

any other suggestions for first trip purchases in the heat of June?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #86
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
WOW!! Lots of cool changes to your PTR!! Glad you are happy with them! That's what's important!!

We never got to the Christmas Carol Train. After school registration being so exhausting I knew that Claire was going to have to have a nap before The Wiggles show. How long did you have to wait in line? Glad you enjoyed it!
I missed your msg. Yes you have a lot going on, you are a very busy woman I'm learning. In a good way. I dropped my Mom and Jack off and drove around looking for parking for about 10-15 min, then waited another 15-30 min to get into the train, then about 10-15 to get into the movie preview. But it was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
DL in December when its all decorated for Christmas...does it get any better!! I hope your DH will see the logic in your plan because of course I do and it would only make sense to be closer to DL and have that safety you so desire while you're there!!!!!

I can't wait to hear more about your DL trip!!!
I LOVE DL in Dec. You really need to get yourself to DL Jen, you will really enjoy it I think. I LOVE WDW after my first visit, but there is still something about DL, I guess it being the original park and that being what I grew up with, it just feels like home to me.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #87
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

any other suggestions for first trip purchases in the heat of June?
[/COLOR]
Ummm sunscreen!!!!!

Your lists look good. For the June trip i think less is more!!!!!!!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #88
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Your lists look great. Be sure to keep thinking about how hot it will be in June when it comes to Pirate costumes. There was a week this past June that it didn't even cool off at night.

And I thought I would send you this link: o2-Cool water bottles

They are bottles you drink out of and also mist. I have a couple and love them. That way I only have one bottle to carry around. The local Targets here sell them. Only problem is the water spout has not come off of both of mine, but saw the website does sell them 3 for $5. I love them enough to order. Now, if they would just figure out how to put a fan on them too.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #89
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Ummm sunscreen!!!!!

Your lists look good. For the June trip i think less is more!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Your lists look great. Be sure to keep thinking about how hot it will be in June when it comes to Pirate costumes. There was a week this past June that it didn't even cool off at night.

And I thought I would send you this link: o2-Cool water bottles

They are bottles you drink out of and also mist. I have a couple and love them. That way I only have one bottle to carry around. The local Targets here sell them. Only problem is the water spout has not come off of both of mine, but saw the website does sell them 3 for $5. I love them enough to order. Now, if they would just figure out how to put a fan on them too.
OH MY GOSH, how could I forget Sunscreen? Especially with my two little whities, they are pretty fair, not as fair as some, but pretty fair. My Mom thinks I'm over protective, cause I slather sunscreen all over their bodies and then put sun shirts on them when they swim, hats, sunglasses, the works. I just don't want them to get skin cancer, is that so wrong?

Oh Melissa, thanks for that link, those look great. Do they have straps to hold around the neck? We got Jack a spiderman water bottle that goes on his neck and holds a small snack on the bottom. I can always get those water bottles and add stickers or clings or something to make them more appealing to the boys. Yeah the pirate costumes were originally going to be a birthday gift, and we were going to sign Jack up for pirate league and a pirate adventure, but now that we are switching to June, I'm undecided on all that (maybe an Oct visit will be in order, I do want to meet up with you and Di if I can- and of course go to MNSSHP)

oh life keeps getting in my way of DISing now that we are getting settled and school has started up again. I'm working p/t, but like every day and then my volunteer work, and Jack starts soccer this week I'm excited about that but it's one more thing to schedule into our calendar. Most of you can relate having kids of your own I know. I just wonder when did life get to be so busy, I don't like the word busy, full, when did life get to be so full?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #90
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

OT: Soccer starts this Friday

Here is the shirt I made for Jack (then also made one for Joey) for his first day of Soccer

I'm starting to get the hang of fusing pictures together, I might be able to start DISigning our WDW shirts on my own

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: