Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #61
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

This arrived in the mail this week

Unfortunately it was for North Carolina where we just moved from. It looks like a great Disney on Ice, it's the Celebrations one. The one that is showing here where we moved is the one we saw last year in NC and with these kind of shows DS4 can't sit through them and his senses go nuts, so we are probably going to pass, but it's not completely off the table yet
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #62
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Awww! That looks like a super cute Disney on Ice!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #63
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

That does look like a great Disney on Ice. If you decide to try it again I hope it works out for you. Have you tried talking with the event organizers? Maybe they have recommended seating or special arrangements they could make?

I have pictures of places we've dined at, but you may have already seen them on my PTR They're mostly my family at these places as opposed to seeing the restaurants too, but oh well.

Our favs:
Chef Mickey's -- so much fun twirling the napkins and we still marvel at the monorail coming thru!

Ohana's breakfast with Lilo & Stitch -- can't say enough about this place... atmosphere, food, characters, parade, juice

Coral Reef -- no characters but you'll love the huge aquariums and trying to spot Nemo and Dory and Bruce!

Crystal Palace -- Pooh, Piglet, Eyeore, & Tigger in a beautiful restaurant with a scrumptious buffet and fun fun parade!

Cape May -- beach themed sand fun with Mickey! We've gone for breakfast twice and enjoyed it.

Play 'n Dine at Hollywood & Vine -- fun stuff with Little Einsteins. Here's more of an atmosphere type shot, the kids can dance with the characters in the middle of the restaurant.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ was fun but for our night it was very crowded and you literally had to push your way in to see the characters which I would normally hate to do, but we otherwise wouldn't have been able to interact with them at all. We're going to a few new places this upcoming trip and I can let you know how they were too. Sci Fi, Teppan Edo and Planet Hollywood.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #64
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Awww! That looks like a super cute Disney on Ice!!
I learned how to multi quote

It does look super cute. I know you are going to the one we already saw, I think your girls will really like it, don't want to spoil anything for you, but tink is last (I missed all of this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
That does look like a great Disney on Ice. If you decide to try it again I hope it works out for you. Have you tried talking with the event organizers? Maybe they have recommended seating or special arrangements they could make?
Thanks for all the pictures of the dining places, I think we are leaning toward a lilo breakfast now too- I just worry about bacon and sausage, which DS4 can't have

Found out the ice show is going to be where the head coach's family my husband coaches with owns a box there, and if no one is using it we can maybe see it from the private box if it's available for this show, so that could be helpful, waiting to see if the dates and everything works out
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #65
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

When we aren't in the Disney parks, what will we do?

Things outside the Disney parks that we want to doÖ

Ok, on this trip we are not getting the water park and more option, because Iím not a big fan of water parks, I think the kids are too young for that (we have the pool at the resort, which will make them happy), Jack isnít that adventurous and doesnít like getting his head wet (he is getting better at this recently), there will be future trips for water park fun.

However on this trip we do want to take advantage of some things that WDW does have to offer.

We will definitely take the time to explore DTD this time. I heard there are some fun things for the kids there (water feature?) and Iíve seen really cute photo ops from TRís. Please share a fun tip for DTD and a favorite photo.

Also as previously said, my Dad isnít a big fan of large crowds and lines so on one of the marathon weekend days we do plan to go spend a good part of our day in the Fort Wilderness area. One plan is to go fishing or at least let my Dad go fishing, probably with Jack.

Maybe let the kids do the pony rides or take a wagon ride as a family. Also interested in going to the campfire sing-along and or seeing the electrical water pageant.
(pictures found on google)

Please post pictures or offer any tips on these fun extra thingsÖ

While dining at other resorts will try and take some time to explore the resort on the way in or out, please offer any tips or interesting places we might want to stop in certain resorts while we dine.

Anything Iím missing????

Ok, and this isnít really Disney related, but itís related to our tripÖ. We (rather I) have decided we are taking a day out of our week to go toÖ.

in the words of Jack.... "Wait for it

wait for it"

So we can seeÖ

Ok thatís all for now I guess, still doing fuzzy Disney math to figure out where we are staying and waiting for the release of 2010 package infoÖ.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #66
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

A New kink in the plans

Ok, so there have been several new developments today after my posting earlier...

First we found out that our DS4 could in fact attend pre-k this year because of his special needs. I was clicking on the pre-k link getting info and not the exceptional child link- so I'm going to be kicking my butt into gear to see about getting him in school for this school year, though he probably won't be able to start on the first day because we moved from another state and we have to get his shot records and some other stuff done in TN before he can start. This is Disney related I promise....
It is related in that my DH's breaks would be the week before and the week after my DS's if we went the public school route for this school year. I was ready to homeschool him this year, but with his special needs it really is better for him to be in a school setting. So anyhow, our trip was being scheduled around DH's schedule, but now I need to consider DS's schedule

So that is issue #1 which I have come up with a solution to, but requires me to do more fuzzy math, head spinning

Ok, issue #2 came about right before dinner when I got a phone call from a place I applied at over a month ago, and they want me to come in and interview on Wednesday. So not letting that kink the plans yet, but realizing that if I got a job, I will also have to add in my needing time off and my schedule but on the plus side of this job, that means more money for my happiest place on earth

so fingers crossed for the job, and we won't find out about the school stuff for a few weeks...

Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #67
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

How cool would it be to see Spiderman?! I hope when things start to gel a bit more you're able to get that in your plans. The other ideas sound great too. Congratulations on the pre-kindergarten and the interview!! Fingers crossed, good luck!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #68
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! Exciting news!! What school would he be attending for Pre-K? I used to teach for the county so I'm just curious. And CONGRATS on the job interview!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #69
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How cool would it be to see Spiderman?! I hope when things start to gel a bit more you're able to get that in your plans. The other ideas sound great too. Congratulations on the pre-kindergarten and the interview!! Fingers crossed, good luck!
Mom and I have decided now after a little more research that we are most definitely doing a day at IOA, they have a character breakfast there that has spiderman, who I have been told spends A LOT of time interacting with the kids. But I do need to get things geling more after we figure out everyone's schedule as mom got an interview today, waiting to hear how it went
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Oh wow! Exciting news!! What school would he be attending for Pre-K? I used to teach for the county so I'm just curious. And CONGRATS on the job interview!!!
I sent a pm to ladybugmom (Becky) on facebook as we chat there too

After picking up a new PTR after finishing that persons TR, I have decided a breakfast at Kona is a must, at least for me, I'll wake up at 6 with the baby and go alone if I have to

Old 07-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #70
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

no "real" updates, rather nothing solid, but this trip may turn into two trips- well at least for me

I guess I didn't get the job at the school, cause I didn't get a call yesterday But I'm staying positive about the Jason's Deli one which I should hear back from next week.

So here is the scoop, if we can't get DH and DS's schedules to gel then I may go for Princess half marathon weekend with my Mom (which would be fun cause then I can try some restaurants I'm not comfortable taking my boys to-like Jiko) and then do our family trip in June when both of them are done with school (but oh the heat). But since I'm not working in a school we don't have a third crazy break schedule to come into play and still waiting to see what Jacks school schedule will be if we can get all the paperwork settled for him to start this fall.

And there is still the possibility of an October trip with me, the boys, and my Mom for MNSSHP.

Plus still waiting on the 2010 rates to be released, I don't like waiting, generally I'm a patient person but when it comes to Disney

Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #71
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the school interview, was that a definate if you didn't hear from them? I would think they'd call you either way?

Two trips? Now I'm jealous... It does sound like a great way to scope out some food places or visit ones you wouldn't otherwise go to.

MNSSHP... Boo to YOU!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #72
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the school interview, was that a definate if you didn't hear from them? I would think they'd call you either way?

Two trips? Now I'm jealous... It does sound like a great way to scope out some food places or visit ones you wouldn't otherwise go to.

MNSSHP... Boo to YOU!
Yeah, they said if they didn't call then I didn't get the job. Same with Jason's Deli, who called yesterday, and I'm going in tomorrow for a second interview with them

Old 08-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #73
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

This is what we did today

Today we embarked on a new kind of Disney adventure, a free one, previewing the upcoming movie "A Christmas Carol" Yep we got to experience the Train Tour

We took like 50 pictures, I'm not going to share them all, cause if you're going I wouldn't want to give it all away, but you can pm me for more pictures if you want.
Here we are with one of the costumes on display:

Jack was loving this scene from the movie, these were moving picture images, he just kept looking at this one, couldn't be bothered with the other 10 or 20 other images in the room, and didn't want to leave...

There were a lot of other neat things to see on the train, like models, masks, interactive things, etc. But you'll have to take the train tour to see them
Here we are experiencing Christmas in August at the end of the train:

Snow came out of these things:

And they had live carolers

Then we went into a blow up tent to watch a 3D sneak preview of scenes from the movie never seen before, very cool.
Then we took some pictures on the way out:

Then we took pictures of some of the goodies they got, and they got tattoos on their hands too:

It was a great experience, well worth all the waiting in lines, and sweating in the heat

next some updates on our plans though I think my new tickers give it all away...

Old 08-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #74
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

The update(s)

Looking over schedules, my DH and I have officially decided it isn't worth the stress to go with the kids in March- so the boys will have to wait until June for their first trip to Walt Disney World
We know it will be hot, we know it could be more crowded, the cost actually isn't much more, and we won't be stressed about anyone missing work or school, so we can enjoy ourselves and relax

I am still planning on going in March, that trip my Mom and I will take a trip without kids and dine in restaurants we wouldn't otherwise dine in with my two boys. I'll run the Princess 1/2 marathon, and experience a first trip away from my children mixed emotions on that one, though I'll get to stay at POR

Remember way back in the very first post- I think, how I mentioned there was a wedding in Anaheim this December? Well I think we have decided that I will probably go alone with the baby on that trip if we can work it out financially. I felt a little guilty at first not taking my Jack, but he and I did a solo trip one year to Disneyland, so it's only fair that Joey and I get to take one too

Ok, well that is all for now, have to start laying out the whole budget, and figuring schedules, etc. Oh and now that we are getting settled in our new State things are picking up in our "regular" lives- I'll be very busy the next few weekends

Old 08-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #75
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! Lots of cool changes to your PTR!! Glad you are happy with them! That's what's important!!

We never got to the Christmas Carol Train. After school registration being so exhausting I knew that Claire was going to have to have a nap before The Wiggles show. How long did you have to wait in line? Glad you enjoyed it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: