Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #31
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I think the move to Texas may have been me. MinnieNurse and I were considering a Wife Swap!

Our family has stayed at Pop, ASMovies and POR. We loved all of them for different reasons. We spent an entire day swimming at POR and definately loved the slide a lot. We didn't see a lot of ASMovies because we were too busy in the parks but the Fantasia pool was fun too.

I've never been a fan of moving to different resorts during stays as I'd rather be settled on the first day and not have to pack and unpack, but it sounds like it would work for you on your trip. I can't remember for sure, but I think you're right about the dining, its per night of your stay.

IMO, go with scenerios 1 or 2 with a lean towards 2 so it gives you a bit more time in POFQ and you don't feel like you're packing up already to leave when you just got there!

Hope that helps!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #32
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Thank you for your input and suggestion. I was leaning towards #2, still am- though now am considering adding the dining to the first part of our trip instead of the last part. Only problem with this is then we would have to add one day tickets to our first three nights and then do brand new tickets for the other stay as well.

New idea got put on the table last night though. Since Mom is considering a trip during Star Wars weekends next year, she may upgrade to an AP, which has me thinking about upgrading me and DS to AP's as well Just need to convince DH , first to let me take the boys on a trip or two w/out him and to pay the extra money to upgrade when we get there. So we'll see how that goes and how I will persuade him. With this plan then we would just do ASMovies for the whole trip. How does that work? If I book 5 day tickets does the amount I paid for the 5 days get credited toward the AP?

I need to figure this out soon though, have to be ready to book our room next month

On another note I have figured out what the theme and general design of our countdown calendar will be and I have begun cutting out mickey heads (I think I have 20 cut and I'm doing 100 days). I had a brilliant idea to have a special day for the kiddos 100 days before our trip (DH has the day off, it is the day before Thanksgiving and I found some cute artwork for 100 days out, and there is a lot we can do for a fun family day), and that would be the reveal of our countdown calendar.

On another note, this Saturday there is a super sleuths event at the Disney Store that we plan to attend.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #33
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
How does that work? If I book 5 day tickets does the amount I paid for the 5 days get credited toward the AP?

I need to figure this out soon though, have to be ready to book our room next month:
Please please please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, (read I'm not positively sure) but I believe yes, the $ amount you paid for the 5 days gets credited towards the AP and I'm pretty sure I've read suggestions here and there that say to do the upgrade itself on the fifth day. It gives you the five as extra days. I THINK!

100 day countdown! You are brave! Then again, I have had May, June, July and August on my fridge to countdown but all we're doing is X-ing off the days .

Super sleuth events?! We love the super sleuths! Gotta check that out... thanks!! Take pictures!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #34
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Just catching up!! Do tell me about this Super Sleuths event at our Disney Store!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #35
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Here is the info on the super sleuths event:

June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 07-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #36
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is the info on the super sleuths event:

Oooh--thank you sooo much!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #37
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Oooh--thank you sooo much!!
You're welcome, maybe we'll see you there

Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #38
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Ladybugmom shared this with me on facebook and I think it is just so cute I wanted to share it here. We've watched it like ten times already. I want to be part of this family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOJ9HMkgAE

Old 07-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
Stephie77
DH and I married at the most magical place on earth on 1-3-10

i love the idea of the countdown calendar! that sounds so cute and the boys would love it.
Stephie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #40
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Have any of you ever sat and traced 50 Mickey heads and then cut them out? I don't know how many I've done today, but man does my hand hurt....

I still have 25 to go to get to my 100... I'll save those to do for next week

Came up with another idea for our countdown, I'm going to write something on each head... like 100 days until Dole Whip, 99 days until Chef Mickeys, 98 days until Toy Story Mania.... you get the idea. That should keep me busy until we actually get to our 100 day countdown

Dining coming up next... I think I'll post that tomorrow, got in touch with the special diets dining person, and she sent me a bunch of paperwork to look over, which has restaurant suggestions for people with special dietary needs

and tomorrow is our super sleuth event at the Disney Store

Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #41
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ladybugmom shared this with me on facebook and I think it is just so cute I wanted to share it here. We've watched it like ten times already. I want to be part of this family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOJ9HMkgAE
I LOVE that video!! I've watched it twice already and got my older son to watch it too, he loves creating and editing movies like that.

THAT is what family vacations are all about... hanging out together having fun and being completely Goofy!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #42
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrange"] Have any of you ever sat and traced 50 Mickey heads and then cut them out?
Nope! But I'd love to see yours when they're done!

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrange"] I'm going to write something on each head... like 100 days until Dole Whip, 99 days until Chef Mickeys, 98 days until Toy Story Mania.... you get the idea. That should keep me busy until we actually get to our 100 day countdown
That sounds like tons of fun for the kiddos!

Quote:
Dining coming up next... I think I'll post that tomorrow, got in touch with the special diets dining person, and she sent me a bunch of paperwork to look over, which has restaurant suggestions for people with special dietary needs

and tomorrow is our super sleuth event at the Disney Store
Old 07-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #43
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Super Sleuth fun & the countdown...

So I think I'll need help coming up things to write on our 100 mickey heads, as I only came up with 56, but I have LOTS of time to think about it...

We went to the Super Sleuth event at our Disney Store today, and we got there at 10am even though it didn't start until 11am. I wanted to beat the rush Well after we walked around the store looking at all the new back to school items and clearance and toys, I figured I should take Jack to the bathroom before it was time to start. There was no one else there for the sleuth yet either. We came back to the store five minutes to 11am and still no one for the event, so we were the first sleuth

It was really cute and the woman that helped us was great with Jack. They had to go around the store looking for honey pots and then draw a picture on their paper of what was in the honeypot. She even helped him draw the last pictures since he said "I can't do it, I can't do it"

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of him going around the store and finding the honey pots I realized this after we went up to pay for the new sunglasses they got (they were on sale for like $1.50 or something like that). After I realized I had a camera I asked Jack if I could take a picture of him with his mask and a honey pot and he said, "no, no pictures me"

So here is what pictures I did take:
riding the little train in our mall
The new sunglasses-Joey got Tigger and Jack got Wall-E (notice the mask on Jacks head):

And all his sleuth stuff:

The items where 1. magnifying glass, 2. the mask 3. flashlight (which went missing before we got to do it, and we were first) 4. the flag

It was organized really well, and we were pleased with the fun, just wish someone would've dressed as a character I figured they wouldn't, but had hoped to get a glimpse into what character interactions would be like

ok... sometime today I'll post our dining thoughts at this point....

Old 07-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #44
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Good stuff! Sooo cute with their sunglasses and it sounds like it was fun! You're right, I think a character would have been great to have there. I hope you're able to post those sleuthing certificates in a prominent spot!

Have you put characters behind the Mickey Heads? 45 days until we say hi to Buzz! ... that sort of thing? May help with the character interactions too?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #45
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Awww!! Sounds like ya'll had fun today! We ended up missing it. We slept in pretty late and then decided to spend the day at the Pink Palace using our free membership. We saw the "Under the Sea" IMAX which was great!! Claire kept saying, "Nemo?!" the entire time--unfortunately there were no clown fish in the film!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: