Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #151
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Wooohhoooo!!! Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh!! That's awesome!!

I sure haven't "seen" you much. But understand as you start the journey of homeschooling. Let me know if you want anymore tips, or just need a pep talk!

HA! His way of "handling it" will no doubt be vastly different from your idea of "handling it".

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #152
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
... to which he responds...."so what do you mean? you mean you are going without us?" to which I say well you said we didn't really have a budget to go in 2011 if we did this big trip in 2010... and he says "well we are all going." so I have another trip to plan for

Yay!!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #153
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Jessica,
I hope everything is well. I just re-read the beginning of your TR and realized we will be WDW the same time as you!!!! Did you make your ADRs yet? The online system is up and there are many restaurants that have openings. I hope you get everything you want!!!

EDIT:: I might of missed something.. Our tickers are not even close to each other.. Did you change your dates?
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #154
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Wooohhoooo!!! Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh!! That's awesome!!

I sure haven't "seen" you much. But understand as you start the journey of homeschooling. Let me know if you want anymore tips, or just need a pep talk!

HA! His way of "handling it" will no doubt be vastly different from your idea of "handling it".
Yeah I think I'm going to be a weekend DISer now, during the week by the time I get home I'm exhausted, and then checking over Jacks worksheets and helping him with other work and our reading and discussions just leave me with little energy to stay up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Yay!!

Kathy
I'm super excited, I think you all did the half marathon in January one year right? I just barely survived my first 5k, so hope I can build up enough endurance in the next year to complete the princess half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Jessica,
I hope everything is well. I just re-read the beginning of your TR and realized we will be WDW the same time as you!!!! Did you make your ADRs yet? The online system is up and there are many restaurants that have openings. I hope you get everything you want!!!

EDIT:: I might of missed something.. Our tickers are not even close to each other.. Did you change your dates?
Yep our plans changed several times- to June and back to March, and now we are set on June. We are going to do March in 2011 assuming the princess half is scheduled again. I still need to get caught up on your TR and PTR, that will happen hopefully tomorrow.

in my news: this weekend I plan to firm up our dates and book our package. My parents are looking to buy a trailer and so are planning to stay at the campsite on Disney property, so now my Great Aunt is going to stay with my little family and we will need to get a handicap room for her to have a walk in shower, and to try and get a good location for her to not have to walk too much (though we will have a wheel chair for her). Ok that is all, I still need to post my hidden mickeys for the next park and then I'll let you all know our set dates sometime this weekend too.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #155
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica. Sorry haven't been out here much. Are you homeschooling?

Sounds like you have a lot of trips planned. I'm debating getting off my butt and trying the half princess maration and thought 2011 would be good, so I could prepare for a year.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #156
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
in my news: this weekend I plan to firm up our dates and book our package. My parents are looking to buy a trailer and so are planning to stay at the campsite on Disney property, so now my Great Aunt is going to stay with my little family and we will need to get a handicap room for her to have a walk in shower, and to try and get a good location for her to not have to walk too much (though we will have a wheel chair for her). Ok that is all, I still need to post my hidden mickeys for the next park and then I'll let you all know our set dates sometime this weekend too.
Booking this weekend.. .. how exciting! I'm a little jealous too because I don't have anything to book Can't wait to hear your plans!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #157
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Hi Jessica. Sorry haven't been out here much. Are you homeschooling?

Sounds like you have a lot of trips planned. I'm debating getting off my butt and trying the half princess maration and thought 2011 would be good, so I could prepare for a year.
Yes temporarily homeschooling, it's harder since I'm also working, so it's a team homeschooling effort. My Mom is doing worksheets with him during the day and letting him continue to do his computer games which have learning in them. Then at night I have expanded on just reading a story, we read the same story all week and do things related to the story, and we added in bible stories and spanish words. The curriculum at the private school we are trying to get him into is bigger than what we have doing.

You should totally train for the princess half for 2011, that would be great to run together or collapse together Either way it would be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Booking this weekend.. .. how exciting! I'm a little jealous too because I don't have anything to book Can't wait to hear your plans!
I'm sure you'll be booking a December trip pretty soon
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 11-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #158
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

We are booked!!!!! :-)

Hey all we are booked, I'm so excited, we decided on:

Me, DH, Jack, Joey, and my Great Aunt Bea will be staying at All Star Movies (I know a lot of people don't like the All Stars, but we are so excited about the possibility of a Buzz & Woody room). We requested a handicap accessible room with walk in shower and bench for my Aunt.

We are staying Saturday June 5- Saturday June 12. And we will be on the quick service dining plan, but we are planning a few table service meals that we will pay out of pocket. With the moods of my boys and their reactions to characters recently we decided that this will be the best dining situation for us this first trip. Plus we will be bringing many food items for Jack and his special diet. And we are getting 7 day base tickets.

My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law, and Niece will be staying at the campsite in the trailer they are planning to purchase. They are staying in a preferred spot with full hook up. They will also be on the quick service dining plan and are getting 7 day base tickets. They are however staying Friday June 4- Saturday June 12. And also plan on at least one table service meal.

Ok now for you mathematicians or just you people that pay close attention to details, yes you counted correctly and we have once again become a Grand Gathering. My sister and her little family are not 100% for going, but the chances are pretty high. So we are planning for the ten of us.

That is about all I have for you, still working on my hidden mickey quest updates and time is slipping away from me, I feel like I have a lot of time but also feel like I don't have so much time to decide on those table service ADR's. So I'll be working on those in the next couple weeks as well.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #159
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo for booking!!! Sooo exciting!!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #160
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hurray for dates!!!!

OK now that the All-Stars are booked.... time to start the 'real' planing!!!! LOL
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #161
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Hey all we are booked, I'm so excited, we decided on:

Me, DH, Jack, Joey, and my Great Aunt Bea will be staying at All Star Movies (I know a lot of people don't like the All Stars, but we are so excited about the possibility of a Buzz & Woody room). We requested a handicap accessible room with walk in shower and bench for my Aunt.

I think for a trip with kids, going with an all-stars is a great option. The theming looks super fun- so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote:
We are staying Saturday June 5- Saturday June 12. And we will be on the quick service dining plan, but we are planning a few table service meals that we will pay out of pocket. With the moods of my boys and their reactions to characters recently we decided that this will be the best dining situation for us this first trip. Plus we will be bringing many food items for Jack and his special diet. And we are getting 7 day base tickets.
Good plan to go with QS this time. Very curious to find out what TS places you've come up!! Any character meals

Quote:
My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law, and Niece will be staying at the campsite in the trailer they are planning to purchase. They are staying in a preferred spot with full hook up. They will also be on the quick service dining plan and are getting 7 day base tickets. They are however staying Friday June 4- Saturday June 12. And also plan on at least one table service meal.
They are going to LOVE the Fort!!! It is so quiet and peaceful, yet with a lot, and I do mean a ton!, of stuff to do and enjoy. Make sure to take time to go to the stables, relax at the newly renovated pool, get a Giddy up and Go meal, the campfire. I love it there!

Quote:
Ok now for you mathematicians or just you people that pay close attention to details, yes you counted correctly and we have once again become a Grand Gathering. My sister and her little family are not 100% for going, but the chances are pretty high. So we are planning for the ten of us.

That is about all I have for you, still working on my hidden mickey quest updates and time is slipping away from me, I feel like I have a lot of time but also feel like I don't have so much time to decide on those table service ADR's. So I'll be working on those in the next couple weeks as well.
I do hope they can join you, but make sure to schedule alone time with just your family too. We made the mistake of letting some assume we'd be together the whole time. It was a disaster!!

Will you do any GG special acitivities???

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #162
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica - I've only read through 5 pages so far, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I'll be following along. I'm also a mom of 2 boys - my older DS9 was diagnosed with autism (PDD) when he was 2. DS6 may or may not have Asperger's - nobody wants to commit!

On our first two Disney trips with DS9 we were dealing with multiple food intolerances and Disney did an amazing job accomodating his dietary needs. It's an amazing place for special kids - that's why we keep going back!

I can't wait to read more as your plans continue to come together.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #163
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

All caught up!! Glad to hear you finally booked!

Driving or flying? You mentioned flying somewhere along the way, but that may have just been for the CA trip?? Anyway - We brought a lot of food with us for DS9 on two of our trips - which was tricky post 9/11. But we did manage to be able to bring a cooler full of food on the plane with us so just let me know if you need any advice on flying with food.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #164
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yay, you're booked! Verrry exciting! ASMovies was a lot of fun, the boys will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the camp site, that sounds like quite the adventure itself.

You're booked!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #165
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Whoo hoo for booking!!! Sooo exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hurray for dates!!!!

OK now that the All-Stars are booked.... time to start the 'real' planing!!!! LOL
Yes the 'real" planning has begun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I think for a trip with kids, going with an all-stars is a great option. The theming looks super fun- so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good plan to go with QS this time. Very curious to find out what TS places you've come up!! Any character meals

They are going to LOVE the Fort!!! It is so quiet and peaceful, yet with a lot, and I do mean a ton!, of stuff to do and enjoy. Make sure to take time to go to the stables, relax at the newly renovated pool, get a Giddy up and Go meal, the campfire. I love it there!

I do hope they can join you, but make sure to schedule alone time with just your family too. We made the mistake of letting some assume we'd be together the whole time. It was a disaster!!

Will you do any GG special acitivities???
There will be at least one character meal. And there is a possibility of a GG activity but we haven't "officially" discussed it yet. I had wanted to camp out at the campsite, so glad my parents are, I do know fishing is on our to do list, as it always was, so now we'll have to see what else we do, and yes there will be many times that we are not all together. I made that very clear even when planning to only go with my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Jessica - I've only read through 5 pages so far, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I'll be following along. I'm also a mom of 2 boys - my older DS9 was diagnosed with autism (PDD) when he was 2. DS6 may or may not have Asperger's - nobody wants to commit!

On our first two Disney trips with DS9 we were dealing with multiple food intolerances and Disney did an amazing job accomodating his dietary needs. It's an amazing place for special kids - that's why we keep going back!

I can't wait to read more as your plans continue to come together.
Glad you came over, I can use all the tips I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up!! Glad to hear you finally booked!

Driving or flying? You mentioned flying somewhere along the way, but that may have just been for the CA trip?? Anyway - We brought a lot of food with us for DS9 on two of our trips - which was tricky post 9/11. But we did manage to be able to bring a cooler full of food on the plane with us so just let me know if you need any advice on flying with food.
We are driving, it's about 13 hours I believe, so we do plan to stay over somewhere on the way down and back. But we are taking the backseat out of our van to take our double jogger stroller, food, toys, etc to keep them entertained on the way down, and while we are there. I tend to over pack so we will probably use up the whole backseat, hope we have room for whatever decides to come home with us. As I'm sure we will bring some friends (mainly Pooh and Mickey) home with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yay, you're booked! Verrry exciting! ASMovies was a lot of fun, the boys will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the camp site, that sounds like quite the adventure itself.

You're booked!

We are very excited, I really hope we get a Buzz and Woody room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: