Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Earning My Ears
redthread's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15

Leaving in four days!

Here's who's traveling:

Me - the mom
DH Jim
DD 17 - first went to Disney just after her first birthday. We just told her last night that we are leaving on Friday - she's very excited!
DD 13 - first went to Disney 6 yrs ago at the age of 7 (last time we went). She doesn't know about this trip yet.
DS 11 - This will be his first trip to Disney. He joined our family just before his 6th birthday and has been asking to go as soon as he knew what Disney was

As noted above, we have only told our 17 yr old about the trip. We're hoping to hold out on the younger two until the ride to the airport. We will have to let them know we're going "somewhere" Thursday night as our dog sitter will be coming by to pick up the dogs. We just won't tell there where we are going

We've been packing a little bit here and there since we didn't want the kids to notice us putting things in suitcases. Luckily we never put our suitcases away from our vacation last summer so they were still sitting on a table in our basement. I am taking a half day on Thursday so I can get the packing done (I hope!).

We are staying onsite at Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed there the last time we went and liked it. Plus we can fit our family of five in one room!

This will be our first time not having park hopper tickets. Hoping that works out! I've done the online check-in and signed up for the photopass CD. Now I just hope the kids cooperate and smile for the camera

We are heading into this trip with a "go with the flow" attitude since we know it will most likely be PACKED at the parks.

We now have a new worry. Weather reports are calling for any where from 6 to 18 inches of snow in our area for Wednesday (this after getting 24 inches on Saturday). I hope our flight out of Newark on Friday morning isn't delayed too much...or worse...canceled

Well, I think that's it for now. If anything new arises I will post an update

redthread is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.