Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #16
mmcphee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
I heard there is also reference to a miscarriage in the movie. Preparations are being made for the baby and all is happy and then no baby and everyone is sad....confusing for young ones.

As well as the scary parts pp mentioned.
I would be shocked if most (orany) kids would pick up the miscarriage at all. (Unless their parents choose to make a big deal about it). It is part of a montage of scenes at the beginning of the movie. I wouldn't worry about that at all until you get the DVD and the kids watch it 100 times. In the theater the scene is probably 15 seconds long.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #17
mom2two
Earning My Ears

My almost 7 year old daughter was scared during parts of the movie and when people ask her how she liked the movie "Up" she tells them that it is kind of scary. Just my 2 cents!!
First trip with DS and DD-7/2005 POP
July 2009-POP again!!
mom2two is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #18
Kickapoo Joie Juice
Gone.

Thumbs down

I started a thread about why I hated Up!-I got flamed a lot but some of the info on the thread may help you, here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204549
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapoo Joie Juice View Post
I started a thread about why I hated Up!-I got flamed a lot but some of the info on the thread may help you, here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204549

And in the poll, most people loved Up. Only 7 said they "hated it."

Different movies affect different people differently.

My 7-year-old didn't find it scary. I don't think he followed all of the story line though. But he has asked to see it again about a half-dozen times, so it worked on some level for him!
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
Kickapoo Joie Juice
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodifla View Post
And in the poll, most people loved Up. Only 7 said they "hated it."

Different movies affect different people differently.

My 7-year-old didn't find it scary. I don't think he followed all of the story line though. But he has asked to see it again about a half-dozen times, so it worked on some level for him!
Right; I posted my thread so the OP could make her own judgement given all the opinions. If I wanted to sway her to my opinion, there were certainly more flame-retardant way of doing it.

I don't understand why people get so pissy when my opinion differs from what's popular . Well, I *do* understand, it's the Dis...
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #21
Tinkerbell3014
Mouseketeer

Both of my kids loved the movie. DD(8) said it had a lot of sad parts but still loved it. My DS(5) didn't pick up on most of the sad parts. He likes Dug. I thought it was sad but also a great movie for the whole family.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
Manda
DIS Veteran

My son tends to be scared of loud/intense, but he's seen it twice now and likes it. I went with him the 2nd time and just thought it was sad and dark and depressing. There wasn't enough happy payback for the sad, IMO (and I usually love every Pixar movie). My husband, however, thinks I'm nuts and my kid only seemed to really pay attention to the talking dog and squawking bird.

*spoilers*
He also didn't seem to catch on that when you fall from a blimp or an airplane, you die. I thought pushing a guy out of a blimp and letting him plummet to his death was a little much... but then my son said something about how they pushed him off the blimp and you could tell that in his mind, it wasn't pushing him to his death. And in that same scene, 3 dogs obviously die in plane crashes and he didn't seem to get that either - he just keyed in on the joke part leading up to that. So I'd definitely say the dark undercurrents are lost on the littler ones. Thankfully. And like someone else said - it is rated PG.
~ Polynesian 9/07 - Free dining again! ~
~ Wilderness Lodge 1/08 - Just because we bought APs... ~
~ All Star Sports 2/08 - An unplanned stay thanks to a snowstorm that kept us in Orlando ~
~ Beach Club 8/08 - DS's surprise 5th birthday trip! ~
~ All Star Music 6/09 - Because I can't pass up a discount... ~
~ Bay Lake Tower 10/09 - Bounceback & MY birthday trip! ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 06/10 - Star Wars Weekends ~
~ Beach Club 08/10 - DS's 7th birthday trip ~
~ Pop Century 6/11 - Just 'cause I wanna. ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 02/13 - It's been a while... ~
Manda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #23
purpletiger
Mouseketeer

My 10 yr old daughter loved it. She went with her GS troop. My SIL took her 2 kids DS 9 and DD 5 and they did not like it. She said it had way too much "adult" dialog and they kids didn't get it.
purpletiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: