Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #1396
Gutak
Earning My Ears

I can throw my two cents in. Just bought a pin from ebay user dyllan. I'm not sure if he's a regular pin seller, but he sold me the Hanes promotional one from 2008 - white t-shirt with a raised mickey on the front. Got a good price for it, and it definitely seems authentic.

Haven't tried any other sellers yet - and I'm glad I didn't... I nearly bought from someone who, according to this list, sells scrappers.
Gutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #1397
workinmom
Mouseketeer

I just received a "20 pin lot" from Evaandmike. I'm not an expert, but after researching for a couple of hours on pinpics, I think I only have about 3 legitimate pins. Almost all of them that I received had a disclaimer on pinpics about unauthorized selling directly from China. I may be just pessimistic, but that made me believe mine might be scrappers. My biggest concern is the edges of the pins. They don't look like they were cut properly. They are very rough & have bumps, etc...on the edges.

I really didn't want to purchase any "lot", but my kids really like the surprise of not knowing what pins you might get, so I selected someone that lived in FL, had 100% feedback, & only bought a small lot of pins.

I'm just not sure if I will trade them when we go in August...I can't guarantee they are scrappers, but don't want to continue to bring them into the parks if they are. I will now purchase the booster packs (which is what I wanted to do from the beginning) but I had to listen to my DD!

Sorry for being so long winded....just wanted to let you guys know my experience with this seller.
CBR-Oct 2013 - 1st DD & mom trip to Food & Wine!!!
- ME - DH - DD (22) - DS (19)
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #1398
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

Can someone point me in the direction of a couple of sellers that sell a lot of pins for trading for a good price? I'm looking at probably 20 or so pins I need for my DD, and I really don't care what ones they are (not scrappers obviously).

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #1399
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of a couple of sellers that sell a lot of pins for trading for a good price? I'm looking at probably 20 or so pins I need for my DD, and I really don't care what ones they are (not scrappers obviously).
The guy I purchase mine from when I need them (sells very sporadically on ebay) finally has some listed again in lots of five ... he does give a discount on shipping if you purchase more than one lot. Just do a seller search for MUBUNNY

Good luck!
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #1400
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Is it possible for this pin to be a scrapper?
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.c....1310049783.v2

I got this pin recently from a seller and there is a noticable dip in the paint under the belt and seller is trying to convince me that it's not a scrapper that disney has started releasing poor quality pins with marks on paint and dips in paint. I think it's just a scrapper!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #1401
bubsmoljo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
I just received a "20 pin lot" from Evaandmike. I'm not an expert, but after researching for a couple of hours on pinpics, I think I only have about 3 legitimate pins. Almost all of them that I received had a disclaimer on pinpics about unauthorized selling directly from China. I may be just pessimistic, but that made me believe mine might be scrappers. My biggest concern is the edges of the pins. They don't look like they were cut properly. They are very rough & have bumps, etc...on the edges.

I really didn't want to purchase any "lot", but my kids really like the surprise of not knowing what pins you might get, so I selected someone that lived in FL, had 100% feedback, & only bought a small lot of pins.

I'm just not sure if I will trade them when we go in August...I can't guarantee they are scrappers, but don't want to continue to bring them into the parks if they are. I will now purchase the booster packs (which is what I wanted to do from the beginning) but I had to listen to my DD!

Sorry for being so long winded....just wanted to let you guys know my experience with this seller.
I bought pins from these guys too and I had the same experience. So they are definitely off the list of trusted sellers!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #1402
workinmom
Mouseketeer

Just an update to my transaction with Evaandmike: I contacted them & was told to return the pins for a full refund. She said that she purchases in lots off Ebay, just like we do. All the pins were in little plastic bags & I got the feeling she had no idea that there were scrappers included. Mailed them back today & now I'll order booster packs for trading.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #1403
workinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsmoljo View Post
I bought pins from these guys too and I had the same experience. So they are definitely off the list of trusted sellers!
Just noticd you're from Severna Park! Not too far away...
Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #1404
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
The guy I purchase mine from when I need them (sells very sporadically on ebay) finally has some listed again in lots of five ... he does give a discount on shipping if you purchase more than one lot. Just do a seller search for MUBUNNY

Good luck!
I love buying from MUBUNNY!!! I've always received great pins from him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Is it possible for this pin to be a scrapper?
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.c....1310049783.v2

I got this pin recently from a seller and there is a noticable dip in the paint under the belt and seller is trying to convince me that it's not a scrapper that disney has started releasing poor quality pins with marks on paint and dips in paint. I think it's just a scrapper!
I don't know if yours is a scrapper or not, but I can say with 100% honesty that yes, we purchased pins directly from DLR, they were LE's and they did have dips in the paint!

Quote:
Just an update to my transaction with Evaandmike: I contacted them & was told to return the pins for a full refund. She said that she purchases in lots off Ebay, just like we do. All the pins were in little plastic bags & I got the feeling she had no idea that there were scrappers included. Mailed them back today & now I'll order booster packs for trading.
If this seller is buying lots on eBay and reselling I would stay FAR away......they are buying scrappers and reselling them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #1405
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
If this seller is buying lots on eBay and reselling I would stay FAR away......they are buying scrappers and reselling them.
This is why I always check feedback as a buyer, too.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #1406
workinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
That's a great idea....thanks for the suggestion. I'm just going to stay away from "lots" in the future.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #1407
staceyhzoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post
I've been buying from Gitanoman for a few years and she will sell lots. I've never had a scrapper. Just email her.

I also have bought from MUBUNNY, but I haven't seen him sell much this year.

HTH!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #1408
eyeshadow
Mouseketeer

seller question

I noticed that Thepinconnection is in red, but under the green list. When I clicked on the link with the report on them it is a good report, so I just wanted to double check because I wanted to buy from them.
eyeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #1409
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
Me too!

Quote:
That's a great idea....thanks for the suggestion. I'm just going to stay away from "lots" in the future.
I try to, unless it's a seller I've used previously and had good results with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyhzoo View Post
I've been buying from Gitanoman for a few years and she will sell lots. I've never had a scrapper. Just email her.

I also have bought from MUBUNNY, but I haven't seen him sell much this year.

HTH!
I buy from Gitanoman as well, both lots and singles. I've always received good pins from her, she is one of few that I will buy larger lots from, otherwise I stick to smaller lots of 25 or less or buy singles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadow View Post
I noticed that Thepinconnection is in red, but under the green list. When I clicked on the link with the report on them it is a good report, so I just wanted to double check because I wanted to buy from them.
I have never used them so cannot say for sure, but if the report is good I would take the chance on a small number of pins. Good luck!! Please come back and give us your feedback!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #1410
mlnbabies
Mouseketeer

I bought 21 pins from monkabuda on Ebay and 10 of them were scrappers. I was able to see what pins I was getting so I thought I was ok. She said that her pins were from trading in the park. She did tell me to send them back and she would refund me.
mlnbabies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: