Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #1336
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy 'n donald View Post
i just bought from seller bizzybee1....it was for a 25 pin lot of booster packs...
i'm hoping that these are legit....it's a green seller, so...i just did buy it now yesterday, so they haven't arrived yet
i must say though, the seller is great with communications....i had asked if at all possble to not include booster packs of princesses or star wars since i am giving these to my neice and nephew for their trip in may, and i'm pretty sure these are pins they would want to keep...and then i asked to try and not include the nerds set, because i would probably keep those...
but, the seller was totally understanding and said they would try...that's all i could ask for!
so, so far so good...however, i haven't recieved them yet....but i have a feeling they'll be good pins...
and hopefully my neice and nephew will have as much fun trading as their aunt and uncle do
I buy the same pins from funmamas, but way cheaper They have a 21 pin lot in new booster packs for only 36.75.

I like bizzybee1 also, for individual pins (I buy a lot of holiday pins from them) but for real pins for trading, funmamas has the best deal.

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #1337
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

BizzyBee has great pins! I wouldn't worry at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
I buy the same pins from funmamas, but way cheaper They have a 21 pin lot in new booster packs for only 36.75.

I like bizzybee1 also, for individual pins (I buy a lot of holiday pins from them) but for real pins for trading, funmamas has the best deal.

I just removed funmamas from the bad list

They'll be on the good list when I finish

The update will be finished tonight! I'll do it during the second intermission for the Pens game.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #1338
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. I just want to make sure we're not buying and circulating scrappers. It's not fair to the CMs (and, thus, Disney) if they get a bad pin nor a child who comes up behind my kids to trade. I was heartbroken two years ago when I realized I bought scrappers. I just felt so awful; like I was cheating Disney.

Thanks again and everyone have a wonderful day!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW

Last edited by FigmentChick; 04-25-2011 at 08:20 AM.
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #1339
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Hi, I'm sending a long winded email concerning some pins I just bought from on eBay (it was a lot of 20 pins). I wanted to provide you with the person's name so you can list them on the first page of the thread. I suspect them all to be scrappers.

At first glance they looked ok but when I inspected them further they looked odd. They looked like they had brush stroke marks on them. DF says he thought they were using a polisher to try to 'fix' the pins. I wrote back to the person stating I couldn't give them the 5 stars they wanted because something seemed wrong with the pins and I question whether I can trade them or not. The below is the response I received:

'Thank you so much for contacting me before leaving a feedback i really appreciated if you are no happy with your order is no problem just return the pins to me I will refund your money plus the return postage and if happens you still want to keep some of them just keep it...the parks really don't care about the quality of the pins people trade...you will see some times after you trade you find out that the one you took it has some paint or black spots in the back...but the fun of this in the parks is to trade this pins are not for collections. I really appreciate your honesty and telling me about this instead of leaving me with a bad feedback because it really hurt my account... thanks so much. Please let me know what are you going to do. regards '

At any rate I feel uncomfortable keeping the pins & trying to trade them because it isn't fair for someone else down the road to end up with a scrapper. The ebay person is disneyeasypin, I don't believe I saw them listed on the first page. I appreciate that he is offering to refund my money & return shipping. I'm guessing he really doesn't want a bad review.

Thank you.
PM quote for reference

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #1340
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

My sister won a few pins from mr.disneycollector. All the pins are known to be scrapped, and turned out to be so. The pins will go into their collections.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #1341
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy 'n donald View Post
i just bought from seller bizzybee1....it was for a 25 pin lot of booster packs...
i'm hoping that these are legit....it's a green seller, so...i just did buy it now yesterday, so they haven't arrived yet
i must say though, the seller is great with communications....i had asked if at all possble to not include booster packs of princesses or star wars since i am giving these to my neice and nephew for their trip in may, and i'm pretty sure these are pins they would want to keep...and then i asked to try and not include the nerds set, because i would probably keep those...
but, the seller was totally understanding and said they would try...that's all i could ask for!
so, so far so good...however, i haven't recieved them yet....but i have a feeling they'll be good pins...
and hopefully my neice and nephew will have as much fun trading as their aunt and uncle do
i got the pins the other day! and bizzybee1 was great! they were able to not include the princess or star wars pins, which is awesome!
i just wish i knew about this seller when my hubs and i went last year....(we did however get good pins to trade from the list then too)....hopefully they'll be around selling for the next time we go!

so my niece and nephew are leaving next friday for disney, and i plan on giving them the pins this friday when i see them....i'm trying to think of a cute way to give them the pins...
'10 AllStarSports- 1year anniv!
'12 AllStarSports- babymoon
'14 CBR- baby's frist trip to wdw! 5 year anniv!

dh(38) me(35) :baby girl (1.5)

daisy 'n donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #1342
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Pin back question

I just sold a couple of pins to an ebay buyer, and she contacted me today asking me to replace a small yellow pin back with a Mickey head back. I'm happy to do that -- that's not the problem -- but I had a question -- at one time (and maybe still), there were packages of pin backs that were different than the Mickey backs, and I think one was a Goofy hat. If you recall it, was it a small yellow back with a rounded top? Or is this just a generic back, not an official Disney one? If it's a special Goofy back, I'd like to let my buyer know that (and still mail her a Mickey head back).

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #1343
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
I just sold a couple of pins to an ebay buyer, and she contacted me today asking me to replace a small yellow pin back with a Mickey head back. I'm happy to do that -- that's not the problem -- but I had a question -- at one time (and maybe still), there were packages of pin backs that were different than the Mickey backs, and I think one was a Goofy hat. If you recall it, was it a small yellow back with a rounded top? Or is this just a generic back, not an official Disney one? If it's a special Goofy back, I'd like to let my buyer know that (and still mail her a Mickey head back).
I bought a bunch of packs of the character pin backs from Disney a couple of years ago. One was light green and was goofy's hat. There was Mickey's white glove, a blue sorcerers hat ...

I love them, they stay on so well, and I never lose a pin with one of those backs on them!

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #1344
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Oh man...I want one of the Mickey hand backs so badly!!!! I've got a Tinkerbell peeker pin and I think it would look adorable with the hand as the "back", since it would be on the front. I can't find them ANYwhere tho!!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #1345
Mom2OakandEm
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Okay so I just received my 3 new booster packs (21 pins total) from funmamas abd I'm not a pro at this, but I think all of mine are real too.

There was no funky smell, they were all in original packages with the Disney price tag on them. They are not smooth when you run your finger over the front, there is no dimpling in the paint and the Mickey heads on the back of the pins go to the edge. And I used the one website listed on post 1 to check the picture and found the coloring to be the same. So as far as I can tell these are all good as well.

Is there any other tell tell signs I should be checking for?
Sept. '15 - Booked and Ready to Go - Is it too Early to Start Packing?

Mom2OakandEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #1346
Scrooge Jr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We buy from funmamas. She sells lots of 21 pins for 36.75. You get 3 brand new booster packs, or starter sets for that price, you can't beat it!

Does anyone wonder where they get them form to sell at that price, or is it just me?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #1347
WhitDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge Jr View Post
Does anyone wonder where they get them form to sell at that price, or is it just me?
They sell booster sets all the time in outlet stores for $6.99 - it's all in the timing of being there when the boxes come in. I'm also sure there's a variety of ways - one seller mentioned getting some of their boosters via rewards cards, another mentioned trading out older rack pins with people on Pinpics. It doesn't sound like rocket science once one or two of them 'leak' a bit of their secrets.
WhitDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #1348
Scrooge Jr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitDisney View Post
They sell booster sets all the time in outlet stores for $6.99 - it's all in the timing of being there when the boxes come in. I'm also sure there's a variety of ways - one seller mentioned getting some of their boosters via rewards cards, another mentioned trading out older rack pins with people on Pinpics. It doesn't sound like rocket science once one or two of them 'leak' a bit of their secrets.
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #1349
mamabean
Earning My Ears

Question

Would you buy from this seller?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Pin-Tradi...item2563b30c04
mamabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #1350
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote: