Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #1201
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge
 
Mouse14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brandon,Fl
Posts: 334

please add ygpins to the do not buy from list.... just received obviously fake pins from him
__________________
Fort Wilderness countless times (1990-now)
Allstar resorts- couple times

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #1202
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadukes View Post
I'm new to the disboards and looking to start collecting pins for our first disney trip in May.

I've searched this thread but can't find any information about coconut_cutie...she's selling a couple Toy Story pins that my son would love. Another seller is krazzykeely - she also has Toy Story ones...

any insight would be awesome!

Thanks
i checked coconut cutie for you..and.I believe i commented on her earlier in this thread.
in her neutral feedback...2 buyers said that she sent them fakes...and lots of doubles..a pretty sure sign of fakes...
and..she is nasty in her remarks to feedback.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #1203
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Just bumping this up...it's falling down down down....lol
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #1204
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,700

I actually sold one last week, finally. Although I didn't really make anything on it after shipping and fees. Oh well.

Now I'm going to start looking at trading them instead, sicne I have so many duplicates of the Visa cardholder pins.
__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #1205
pixiedustmomma
Mouseketeer
 
pixiedustmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Medina Ohio
Posts: 263

I am glad I found this thread. I found it a little late because I have already bought pins off ebay. The seller is mure. I bought the Heart Princess hidden Mickey set and then four different Princesses in glitter gowns. I was not able to find a picture of these on dizpins to see if they are fake or not. I am hoping they are not. The hidden Mickey ones have 2010 on the back and the glitter dress ones have 2008 on the back of them.

I just checked the sellers site and they are not currently selling any items right now.

Thank you for this thread! I will be on my guard from now on.
__________________


pixiedustmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #1206
ambertides
DIS Veteran
 
ambertides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 610

Just home today - if the OP would add themuchnessofdisney (and/or when the new thread is started add there) to the good sellers list, that would be awesome. I checked the racks at the resort gift shop (CBR) when we picked up our mugs, and the numbers match, the sizes match, and look, even the price stickers from Disneyland match! Crazy, huh?



Colors were consistently inconsistent with sets like these across the shops. :/

I traded them with no reservations.
__________________

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog


Last edited by ambertides; 03-07-2011 at 09:08 PM.
ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #1207
SnDMommy
Earning My Ears
 
SnDMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertides View Post
Just home today - if the OP would add themuchnessofdisney (and/or when the new thread is started add there) to the good sellers list, that would be awesome. I checked the racks at the resort gift shop (CBR) when we picked up our mugs, and the numbers match, the sizes match, and look, even the price stickers from Disneyland match! Crazy, huh?



Colors were consistently inconsistent with sets like these across the shops. :/

I traded them with no reservations.
I keep thinking about this seller and what she said about her secret being "gifts cards". I can't figure out what that could mean, unless she's somehow stealing card numbers?
__________________
Next Trip!
Mommy & Daddy only at Saratoga Springs, rented points with Basic Dining Plan, 4/13-4/16/2011



Past Trips:
The Boys' First Visit and 3rd BDay Celebration, WL with DxDP 1/23-28/2011


Hoping for:
Another Family Week Stay late Sept 2011, WL!
SnDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #1208
kimk2230
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 98

Anyone know anything about a seller jeffreyyoung.He had good feedback and no negative.

Looking to buy some pins for our first trip to disney. We are going in May and wanted to get my kids a lanyard and some pins to surprise them.

Does anyone know if the disney store has more pins than the ones on their website. We have a store about a hour away from me that I might check out.

Thanks
kimk2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #1209
carebee21
DIS Veteran
 
carebee21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 8 Miles From Disney World!
Posts: 1,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimk2230 View Post
Anyone know anything about a seller jeffreyyoung.He had good feedback and no negative.

Looking to buy some pins for our first trip to disney. We are going in May and wanted to get my kids a lanyard and some pins to surprise them.

Does anyone know if the disney store has more pins than the ones on their website. We have a store about a hour away from me that I might check out.

Thanks
Although he doesn't have pics of the pins you're going to receive, I'd confidently say they're going to be scrappers. You can't sell real pins at that price over and over and over again.
__________________
Family:Me(33) DH(35) DS (10)
carebee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #1210
SnDMommy
Earning My Ears
 
SnDMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimk2230 View Post
Anyone know anything about a seller jeffreyyoung.He had good feedback and no negative.

Looking to buy some pins for our first trip to disney. We are going in May and wanted to get my kids a lanyard and some pins to surprise them.

Does anyone know if the disney store has more pins than the ones on their website. We have a store about a hour away from me that I might check out.

Thanks
Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. My guess would be that most of the people who buy from him don't know the difference between a fake/scrapper pin, and therefore with "good prices" and fast shipping, it's easy to get high feedback rating. Someone selling that many pins in bulk for that price can't be selling legit pins. If going to the store an hour away isn't that much trouble, then I would just head up there and see what kinds of prices you can get. At least you'll know for sure what you're getting.
__________________
Next Trip!
Mommy & Daddy only at Saratoga Springs, rented points with Basic Dining Plan, 4/13-4/16/2011



Past Trips:
The Boys' First Visit and 3rd BDay Celebration, WL with DxDP 1/23-28/2011


Hoping for:
Another Family Week Stay late Sept 2011, WL!
SnDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #1211
kimk2230
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 98

Thanks everyone.
kimk2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #1212
ambertides
DIS Veteran
 
ambertides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDMommy View Post
I keep thinking about this seller and what she said about her secret being "gifts cards". I can't figure out what that could mean, unless she's somehow stealing card numbers?
I think she's using some sort of reward points to get gift cards. That was my first thought. I get a lot of "free" gift cards that way myself.
__________________

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #1213
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald
 
alizesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,245

Sooooooo, it's a crapshoot whether or not you get a real pin from ebay, right?
I could use a lot more hints of what to look for though I've gotten good ones from the big "D". I know to avoid pins selling at an extremely low price, I know to avoid someone who can't explain where he gets his pins. I also know to avoid pins that everyone seems to be selling.

What about pins that only one or two people are selling? Pins that promise the one in the picture is the one you get? Pins that come on the WDW/DL cards? Pins that actually have correct SKU numbers on them?

I look to see if sellers say the pin is authentic but is that enough? It's rare to find that anyway. I check against pinpics but that's not a lot of help since they can't monitor all pins that have been scrapped.

It would be great if we could get on concise thread going on pins that are being sold as scrappers, the type of pin that tends to be copied or made/sold illegally and specific things to watch for.

Maybe also some hints for leaving feedback on pins that are scrappers. I have found all of this information but scattered around in diverse areas.
__________________
Mom to Gilbete', Jeanette, Andrea, Ben, Alize and Brady (with God), Ciara and Brian. Grandmother to seven.
alizesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #1214
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertides View Post
I think she's using some sort of reward points to get gift cards. That was my first thought. I get a lot of "free" gift cards that way myself.
No..that cannot be it..
those cards are not free...you use your hard earned points to get them.
She has WAY too much inventory for that..
there are 2 legal..
though........ shady
ways of getting gift cards....
but, even if you assume that is what she did,
her prices are still too low for that.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #1215
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Sooooooo, it's a crapshoot whether or not you get a real pin from ebay, right?
I could use a lot more hints of what to look for though I've gotten good ones from the big "D". I know to avoid pins selling at an extremely low price, I know to avoid someone who can't explain where he gets his pins. I also know to avoid pins that everyone seems to be selling.

What about pins that only one or two people are selling? Pins that promise the one in the picture is the one you get? Pins that come on the WDW/DL cards? Pins that actually have correct SKU numbers on them?

I look to see if sellers say the pin is authentic but is that enough? It's rare to find that anyway. I check against pinpics but that's not a lot of help since they can't monitor all pins that have been scrapped.

It would be great if we could get on concise thread going on pins that are being sold as scrappers, the type of pin that tends to be copied or made/sold illegally and specific things to watch for.

Maybe also some hints for leaving feedback on pins that are scrappers. I have found all of this information but scattered around in diverse areas.
Girl,
me thinks you worry too much...

I have NEVER received ....
a fake LE or high end pin..through ebay yet.
most scrappers are the cheap ones..the hidden mickey and cast lanyard pins.
Just pay attention to where they come from...
try to stick with folks in the us...
and...
most important..
see if the seller communicates BEFORE you buy.
DO NOT ask lots of scrapper questions to a higher end pin seller...
Why?
Because a smart one will block you..
thinking..you are one of those that sees a fake pin behind every bush and that you could destroy their feedback.
But,ask them where they got it....
and..just read your responses...
If a seller responds with.."we"..be a little careful..
I do not buy from those..that cannot say.."I"...
as...
if there is a concern..it is always the "we" part.that messed up..
and not them.
A good answer from a seller..
would be something like:
I bought them in.....wherever...
or...I live near the park....
or...I had these lying around the house...
a bad one..
is a stock answer.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trading Pins from Ebay DaveStroem Disney Collectors Board 478 02-05-2013 12:40 PM
Pin Display Eeyore's Buddy Disney Collectors Board 12 06-25-2010 12:59 PM
Pin collecting? mickey&minnie04 Disney Collectors Board 13 04-20-2010 12:14 AM
Free Dining Pin for December! ashleyd725@hotmail.c Budget Board 24 06-28-2009 08:20 AM
Got our 1st PIN code!!!! disneyfreak7 Disney Discount Codes and Rates 1 06-25-2009 04:38 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: