Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #1096
brightvalleyjrts
DIS Veteran
 
brightvalleyjrts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 921

I am just getting into buying pins for my boys for our next trip. I have bought a few from a seller on Ebay and have been happy, but have no idea if they are "good" pins or not. I wasn't aware there were bad pins out there.

Has anyone bought from the seller "Mr. Disneycollector" ??? Like I said, I have been very happy with my pins so far and the seller is pretty local to me which means they ship to me superduper fast. I was just making sure before I bought a bunch more
__________________
brightvalleyjrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #1097
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightvalleyjrts View Post
I am just getting into buying pins for my boys for our next trip. I have bought a few from a seller on Ebay and have been happy, but have no idea if they are "good" pins or not. I wasn't aware there were bad pins out there.

Has anyone bought from the seller "Mr. Disneycollector" ??? Like I said, I have been very happy with my pins so far and the seller is pretty local to me which means they ship to me superduper fast. I was just making sure before I bought a bunch more
Do you know the easiest way to check out a seller?
It does not work all the time..of course..
but in the case of this seller..it does.
Read his feedback..
I mean..read the neutrals and the negatives.
I read all bad,neutral..and..very important...revised feedback...
then,
I look at the feedback of folks that left the bad feedback..
to see if they are competitors..vicious....or..just..unaware.
I look to see what kind of feedback they leave..for other sellers.
and..in the case of your seller..
I would not touch him..with a ten foot pole.
Too many folks..who sell real pins..
have called him a scrapper.
I have never to my knowledge bought a scrapper pin that was individual...
but..it seems..that is what he has done.
Also..a key to gauging it is....
the price a seller is asking for LE pins.
He has 50 of them listed with a 99. cent starting bid...
He has sold thousands of LE pins for 3 bucks and less.
And..it is the cheap LE pins..that buyers are calling fakes in his feedback.
Another strange thing is.......
He has all those complaints..and..perfect 100% feedback numbers.
But....very important..he does not have the gold star.
Now..they give out that badge to tons of crooks..so..why..
does he not have it?
I will tell you a little known secret...
If a seller has perfect feedback..and almost or perfect stars....
and..he does not have that dumb gold ebay seal...[and yes.....I have one]...
there is only one reason..
and that is....
He has too many opened paypal and ebay disputes against him.
Because..even if you settle a dispute..
if more than 2% of buyers file a case....
you lose..your gold badge.
Good luck..
with a bit of investigating..you will be able to find a good seller.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #1098
brightvalleyjrts
DIS Veteran
 
brightvalleyjrts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
Do you know the easiest way to check out a seller?
It does not work all the time..of course..
but in the case of this seller..it does.
Read his feedback..
I mean..read the neutrals and the negatives.
I read all bad,neutral..and..very important...revised feedback...
then,
I look at the feedback of folks that left the bad feedback..
to see if they are competitors..vicious....or..just..unaware.
I look to see what kind of feedback they leave..for other sellers.
and..in the case of your seller..
I would not touch him..with a ten foot pole.
Too many folks..who sell real pins..
have called him a scrapper.
I have never to my knowledge bought a scrapper pin that was individual...
but..it seems..that is what he has done.
Also..a key to gauging it is....
the price a seller is asking for LE pins.
He has 50 of them listed with a 99. cent starting bid...
He has sold thousands of LE pins for 3 bucks and less.
And..it is the cheap LE pins..that buyers are calling fakes in his feedback.
Another strange thing is.......
He has all those complaints..and..perfect 100% feedback numbers.
But....very important..he does not have the gold star.
Now..they give out that badge to tons of crooks..so..why..
does he not have it?
I will tell you a little known secret...
If a seller has perfect feedback..and almost or perfect stars....
and..he does not have that dumb gold ebay seal...[and yes.....I have one]...
there is only one reason..
and that is....
He has too many opened paypal and ebay disputes against him.
Because..even if you settle a dispute..
if more than 2% of buyers file a case....
you lose..your gold badge.
Good luck..
with a bit of investigating..you will be able to find a good seller.
Thank you so much for the info!! I will be looking for a new seller to buy from I appreciate you looking into him for me!!
__________________
brightvalleyjrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #1099
trixiedixie
Earning My Ears
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
Do you know the easiest way to check out a seller?
It does not work all the time..of course..
but in the case of this seller..it does.
Read his feedback..
I mean..read the neutrals and the negatives.
I read all bad,neutral..and..very important...revised feedback...
then,
I look at the feedback of folks that left the bad feedback..
to see if they are competitors..vicious....or..just..unaware.
I look to see what kind of feedback they leave..for other sellers.
and..in the case of your seller..
I would not touch him..with a ten foot pole.
Too many folks..who sell real pins..
have called him a scrapper.
I have never to my knowledge bought a scrapper pin that was individual...
but..it seems..that is what he has done.
Also..a key to gauging it is....
the price a seller is asking for LE pins.
He has 50 of them listed with a 99. cent starting bid...
He has sold thousands of LE pins for 3 bucks and less.
And..it is the cheap LE pins..that buyers are calling fakes in his feedback.
Another strange thing is.......
He has all those complaints..and..perfect 100% feedback numbers.
But....very important..he does not have the gold star.
Now..they give out that badge to tons of crooks..so..why..
does he not have it?
I will tell you a little known secret...
If a seller has perfect feedback..and almost or perfect stars....
and..he does not have that dumb gold ebay seal...[and yes.....I have one]...
there is only one reason..
and that is....
He has too many opened paypal and ebay disputes against him.
Because..even if you settle a dispute..
if more than 2% of buyers file a case....
you lose..your gold badge.
Good luck..
with a bit of investigating..you will be able to find a good seller.
To me he was obvious b just what he had in the store as debranator described..I wrote him off before he made it to my feedback check stage
- but remember I was burned by retiredreading specialist - sweet as she is - this summer, badly to the tune of I dont know $250 dollars because she was/is ? listed in green. I didnt know they were bootleggers and we traded them. They were obviously better quality than cf whatever from MiamiDisney pins that we got our money back from and mouse somebody who was green and know is yellow that sent broken pins. I didnt realize reading specialist was scrapping till I went to buy pins for Christmas and found the recent posts in Nov Dec on this thread.

Rule of thumb - assume they all are scrappers/bootlegs until they prove you wrong by their store selection and prices, types of pins and feedback as sellar AND as buyer. Many are buying bootlegs online as buyers and then trading for real pins...then they sell the real pins to you, but they got them with illegal pins.

There are very good sellars on ebay but they are surrounded by crooks.
__________________

Last edited by trixiedixie; 12-31-2010 at 11:47 AM.
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #1100
trixiedixie
Earning My Ears
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Ummm yes, clearly I "get it"......you have 2 posts here, why the confrontational post? I don't buy from 423, shells7, jeffy, I haven't bought from thewill for quite some time but when I did buy from him I checked his buyer FB and did not notice p&p listed. I don't buy from CFC or dopey either, I believe out of all the ones you listed only thewill was a green listed seller.........
eBay won't stop people from selling pins on eBay, that's why this thread is here, to help those who want to buy on eBay avoid scrappers. Of course it's clearly stated in many posts in this thread that the only way to guarantee your pins are 100% legit is to buy them yourself from Disney, unfortunately some of us can't do that so we have to find sellers on eBay to buy from.
Please come and share your experiences with us but please don't speak down to us as there are quite a few of us who are very knowledgeable on this thread. Thanks for the new name, we will be sure to add ygpins to the red list.
The pins we just bought from will appear good. We bought several in the summer on original pin card backs and the sku numbers matched perfectly on over 20 pins. He currently as feedback as buyer hasnt bought any from known scrappers in the last year that I saw.....
hes one of the few I did keep on my list as a saved seller.......so I dont know what to believe
__________________
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:01 PM   #1101
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW of Chicago, not where I want to be
Posts: 2,696

How do you get listed on this thread as a good seller? I'll be happy to provide more info, but don't want to get dinged by the mods for anything
__________________

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #1102
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedixie View Post
The pins we just bought from will appear good. We bought several in the summer on original pin card backs and the sku numbers matched perfectly on over 20 pins. He currently as feedback as buyer hasnt bought any from known scrappers in the last year that I saw.....
hes one of the few I did keep on my list as a saved seller.......so I dont know what to believe
If you believe you are getting good pins from him then use him. I had NO problems with any of the pins I ever bought from him, they all looked great to me and I am aware of the scrapper situation out there. I haven't been to DLR since jan of this year so I haven't needed to buy any traders so I honestly haven't looked at his FB lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
How do you get listed on this thread as a good seller? I'll be happy to provide more info, but don't want to get dinged by the mods for anything
We just ask that you give us your experiences and your thoughts on any seller you've used. Whether that seller is offering good pins or bad, however if you simply want to give an opinion on a good seller that's fine as well.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:17 AM   #1103
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Pixie girl...
I think you missed the boat on the last comment
sort of like..,when I answered the 10 year old jacket post...
what she was asking was...
how does SHE become..
a recommended seller,
and get put on the green list.
Her Ebay id is in her siggy.
you can answer that part for her..as i have no idea.
I will just say..,
that a large part of the problem with the green list is that there are many good sellers on it..
but..they only sell once in a while..
and..when you go to buy from a green list seller...
most..have nothing listed.
like .....the girl who posted.
I would think..that you would need to consistently have items up for sale.
there are thousands and thousands of once-in-a-while pin sellers that are honest and wonderful...
but.....
you would need to have listed items.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR11111
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #1104
trixiedixie
Earning My Ears
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
Pixie girl...
I think you missed the boat on the last comment
sort of like..,when I answered the 10 year old jacket post...
what she was asking was...
how does SHE become..
a recommended seller,
and get put on the green list.
Her Ebay id is in her siggy.
you can answer that part for her..as i have no idea.
I will just say..,
that a large part of the problem with the green list is that there are many good sellers on it..
but..they only sell once in a while..
and..when you go to buy from a green list seller...
most..have nothing listed.
like .....the girl who posted.
I would think..that you would need to consistently have items up for sale.
there are thousands and thousands of once-in-a-while pin sellers that are honest and wonderful...
but.....
you would need to have listed items.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR11111
When I am shopping I search saved sellers first but then I do "go shopping" esp if I cant find it and if I find a seller that has what I want and I dont know about them I check their store, then their feedback carefully....then decide based on what I find.

That said, while he isnt buying from know sellers on ebay that I can see, when I looked closer at feedback - it isnt worth the risk. He's off my list.....
__________________

Last edited by trixiedixie; 01-01-2011 at 01:50 PM.
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #1105
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedixie View Post
When I am shopping I search saved sellers first but then I do "go shopping" esp if I cant find it and if I find a seller that has what I want and I dont know about them I check their store, then their feedback carefully....then decide based on what I find.

That said, while he isnt buying from know sellers on ebay that I can see, when I looked closer at feedback - it isnt worth the risk. He's off my list.....
uh..Trixie,
I was talking to..Pixie.
But..hello again anyways.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #1106
trixiedixie
Earning My Ears
 
trixiedixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
uh..Trixie,
I was talking to..Pixie.
But..hello again anyways.
I know - just throwing my 2 cents in - sorry
__________________
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #1107
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW of Chicago, not where I want to be
Posts: 2,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
Pixie girl...
I think you missed the boat on the last comment
sort of like..,when I answered the 10 year old jacket post...
what she was asking was...
how does SHE become..
a recommended seller,
and get put on the green list.
Her Ebay id is in her siggy.
you can answer that part for her..as i have no idea.
I will just say..,
that a large part of the problem with the green list is that there are many good sellers on it..
but..they only sell once in a while..
and..when you go to buy from a green list seller...
most..have nothing listed.
like .....the girl who posted.
I would think..that you would need to consistently have items up for sale.
there are thousands and thousands of once-in-a-while pin sellers that are honest and wonderful...
but.....
you would need to have listed items.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR11111
Yes, I was asking about myself -- I don't have anything up right now, but the day before I posted the comment I did have several pin lots up for sale. I'm holding off relisting for a few days, but I'm clearing out a lot of my personal pins, mostly purchased (by me) at the parks. So that was the reason for my question! (mods, I hope this doesn't violate the policy --I'm really just trying to ask a question not try directly to sell anything)
__________________

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #1108
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Yes, I was asking about myself -- I don't have anything up right now, but the day before I posted the comment I did have several pin lots up for sale. I'm holding off relisting for a few days, but I'm clearing out a lot of my personal pins, mostly purchased (by me) at the parks. So that was the reason for my question! (mods, I hope this doesn't violate the policy --I'm really just trying to ask a question not try directly to sell anything)
got it Sorry I totally missed the boat on the my last quote! LOL When you've got something up PM me, I'll go check out your listings and report back here on my feelings. I have no doubts you've got good stuff but if I can afford it I'll make a purchase or two and come back and report. Alternatively you've just requested to be added and your activity on this thread will be a good way to support yourself. Your knowledge speaks for itself so you've already got a good reference for yourself.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #1109
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,025

sleepys_emporium again has scrappers. I got a lot from them before and there was maybe 4 out of 16 that I would say were scrappers. I like them so no biggy but got more today and again there's at least 4 that are scrappers. Sleepys_emporium is on your green list here but I'd say is one to watch for those of you that don't want scrappers.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #1110
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...
 
MadilynnsMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 1,776

Can anyone suggest a good seller that lists pin lots. Either 20 or 50, in that range.

TIA - looks like sellers I previously dealt with were less than perfect
__________________
Me, Jenn DH, Shamus DD7, Madilynn DS(Jan '14)
My First Trip - December 2006 - Old Key West (went as a nanny) / Our First Family Trip - December 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
First Mother-Daughter Trip - October 2010 - Pop Century Resort / Family Trip Round Two - October 2011 - Pop Century Resort
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort


MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trading Pins from Ebay DaveStroem Disney Collectors Board 478 02-05-2013 12:40 PM
Pin Display Eeyore's Buddy Disney Collectors Board 12 06-25-2010 12:59 PM
Pin collecting? mickey&minnie04 Disney Collectors Board 13 04-20-2010 12:14 AM
Free Dining Pin for December! ashleyd725@hotmail.c Budget Board 24 06-28-2009 08:20 AM
Got our 1st PIN code!!!! disneyfreak7 Disney Discount Codes and Rates 1 06-25-2009 04:38 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: