Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #931
LittleFlounder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post

Who is the seller?
There's a few sellers selling the same pics I want (all figment sets):

pham322
123goinggoinggone
coconut_cutie
2005stream
sstabler
indiana_items

I'm wondering if any of those are safe to buy from. I don't see any of them on the red, green, or yellow lists on the first page of this thread.

LittleFlounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #932
metz72
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFlounder View Post
Yes, I have bought pins from 52jcmdisneypins. Sorry I'm so late responding.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER! I bought a lot of 50 pins from them back in '08 and every single pin was a scrapper. When I told them they sold me scrappers they said: "I am sorry you are unhappy with your lot of pins, please accept my apologies. I have noticed that the pin quality that I have been trading for have been getting poorer, and I have been finding more and more scrapper pins. I try and catch them before I sell, but I was on vacation and wasn't as vigalent as I normally am."

Sure, sure.. a flat out lie. I asked for a refund of the auction amount, plus shipping(both ways) and I sent the pins back. They agreed. When they filed with ebay to get their charges back they said "both agreed not go through with the auction". and then asked if I could leave positive feedback for them, or none at all.

Because of this scapper incident I had, I am scared to buy pins off ebay at all. There is a small lot of CM lanyard/hidden mickey pins I want right now, but I don't want to buy them in case they are counterfeit.
Thank you for the information. I will be sure not to purchase anything from them.
ASMo 6/2012
CBR 6/2015
metz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #933
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

I purchased one pin from seller maydelina1. I won and paid for this item on August 1st.. its August 20th. Still no pin!

Contacted seller a week ago.. they told me to continue to "wait and give it time"
Contacted them again two days ago..still no pin.. told to "wait and give it time" and then I put my foot down and asked "how long will this go on for?" they responded with
" I don't have any reason to play with you or argue over a pin"

Now Im legit mad! Will see what happens!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #934
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
I purchased one pin from seller maydelina1. I won and paid for this item on August 1st.. its August 20th. Still no pin!

Contacted seller a week ago.. they told me to continue to "wait and give it time"
Contacted them again two days ago..still no pin.. told to "wait and give it time" and then I put my foot down and asked "how long will this go on for?" they responded with

If you still do not have it, did you file a dispute with Paypal? They will have to at least provide a tracking or D/C number
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #935
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
If you still do not have it, did you file a dispute with Paypal? They will have to at least provide a tracking or D/C number
I did not file a dispute with paypal yet. I have had to do it before and I will do it again! LoL
Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #936
debranator
earless

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post

Tell them..if they do not send you a replacement pin..NOW....you are going to file a claim AND leave them negative feedback.
They will take care of it.
The problems start..when you wait too long....
I kept waiting for a refund on a rip off item..that I sent back...
they waited till it was too late..45 days..and..then told me they were doing nothing...
ebay..said..it was too late.
so...do not play.....you can always retract your negative...if they make it right..
and..I am a powerseller..but..there are too many crooks..on the bay.
but saying that...warning.....
only file a claim...after making sure...they are not taking care of the problem..reason?
ebay has a new system....that downgrades a seller....
just for claims..if they get 2..even if they are unfounded....they get downgraded..for a year.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #937
stephv3
Earning My Ears

HELP!! Won a lot of 20 pins then read this thread

Help....I just one a lot of 20 pins on ebay and while I was waiting found this thread....now I do not know what to do. The seller was on the red list too! I have not paid yet but am not a regular ebay buyer so am not sure if I can still get out of it or what to do....suggestions????
stephv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #938
debranator
earless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephv3 View Post
Help....I just one a lot of 20 pins on ebay and while I was waiting found this thread....now I do not know what to do. The seller was on the red list too! I have not paid yet but am not a regular ebay buyer so am not sure if I can still get out of it or what to do....suggestions????
Yes..if you have never backed out of an auction before..you can..without problems.
Or..even easier....sellers do not want buyers who will leave them negative or ruin their dsrs...
not regular sellers by any means.
If you are uncomfortable buying them because of what you have read..or their feedback...
write them..and ..ask that they cancel the auction.
Explain..that if the pins even smell like fakes to you...you will leave them neg. feedback and 1 star on their DSRS....
so..give them the chance to just cancel the auction.
It costs them nothing..so..they will do it.
No seller wants an unhappy buyer...even before the item gets there.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #939
stephv3
Earning My Ears

Pins Ebay

I actually emailed him before I read your reply. Asking if they were legit etc and saying I had read neg about him on the boards. I told him what I wanted which is for my kids to trade in the world bc they never want to trade the ones we buy down there bc they have chosen them. I am also going with 2 1st timers and thought it would be fun for them....this is what he replied.....

"Hello,
My advice is never trade and never buy from ebay. You should only buy from Disney and never trade with a cast member.
Its the only way to be 100% sure.

- dopeyspins"

I replied back asking if that meant his were not legit and if so how we should proceed....waiting to hear. This is so sad....just want the kids to have fun with a little less expense. I need to read this thread more tonight!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #940
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFlounder View Post
There's a few sellers selling the same pics I want (all figment sets):

pham322
123goinggoinggone
coconut_cutie
2005stream
sstabler
indiana_items

I'm wondering if any of those are safe to buy from. I don't see any of them on the red, green, or yellow lists on the first page of this thread.
Well none of them seem to have the regular red flags that we look for but I've never used any of them personally so it's hard for me to say for sure. Something to look for in this instance is where they are located, if they are close to WDW or DLR then it's easier for them to get pins. I would say buy with caution, check the auctions and the feedback and see what you can find but always remember that FB isn't 100%, some people don't know or care about scrappers.

Quote:
I actually emailed him before I read your reply. Asking if they were legit etc and saying I had read neg about him on the boards. I told him what I wanted which is for my kids to trade in the world bc they never want to trade the ones we buy down there bc they have chosen them. I am also going with 2 1st timers and thought it would be fun for them....this is what he replied.....

"Hello,
My advice is never trade and never buy from ebay. You should only buy from Disney and never trade with a cast member.

- dopeyspins"

I replied back asking if that meant his were not legit and if so how we should proceed....waiting to hear. This is so sad....just want the kids to have fun with a little less expense. I need to read this thread more tonight!!!
Most eBayer's don't know about this board or this thread, if you referenced the seller likely has no idea what you're referring to. Just an fyi. He's not going to tell you if his are legit or not, he will probably just cancel the transaction. Good luck to you!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #941
stephv3
Earning My Ears

thanks....hope it is not bad that I let them know about the thread.....they may make themselves look more legit.....No reply from him! Funny thing is he has great feedback!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #942
staceyhzoo
Mouseketeer

mubunny has some quick auctions on ebay and then he's taking a break for a while. Just wanted you all to know
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #943
debranator
earless

Quote:

"Hello,

- dopeyspins"

Was that really his reply?
I am shocked.....
Did you pay him?
Did he cancel the auction?
Did he offer to return your money?
If you did pay for them..........
Now..file a claim....and..leave him negative feedback..even more important...give him 1 star on the DSRs..
mainly..because his attitude..stinks.
most folks do not realize..a Negative..does not mean nearly as much harm to a seller..as a 1 star rating does.
It can ruin you...
and..with a response like that..he deserves it.
If he just canceled the auction for you....move on..do not worry about it.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #944
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
thanks....hope it is not bad that I let them know about the thread.....they may make themselves look more legit.....No reply from him! Funny thing is he has great feedback!
Most sellers will have great FB, a lot of buyers have no clue about scrappers so.....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #945
brattosa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhertz View Post
I recently purchased some pins from seller theatreandfilms and all the pins that were sent were 100% scrappers, poor off color remakes of cast lanyard pins. Contacting seller to see what he will do about it.
We, too, purchases some pins from theatreandfilms prior to our last trip. Although some were valid pins, a majority of them were scrappers with off colors and the Mickey head stamping on the reverse not going to the edges.
May '78-Offsite • June '95-Offsite • May '97-ASM & Contemporary (Honeymoon) • Nov '98-POFQ • June '99-ASM • May '02-ASM • May '05-Pop • May '08-Pop & Contemporary • June '10-SSR • Nov '12 SSR • May '14 SSR

DVC SSR Member
brattosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: