Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #916
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

gordo1111 is selling an LE 500 pin set originally sold for $85 for $30... definitely questionable

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #917
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerM View Post
Good day everyone!
Wanted to report that I recently purchased several pins from sleepysemporium on eBay. They came in the mail today & bad news. 3/4 of them were scrappers, including a very bad "Wet Paint" & a fee hidden Mickey pins with bad stamps on the back.

I'm very disappointed because they came highly recommended and were listed on the green list.

I've emailed them pictures and comparisons of the bad pins. I'll report back & let you know what I hear.

Cheers,
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
They will definitely take them back & send you new ones, but I have to say this is a bit disappointing to me too. They must be high volume sellers & although they do have 100% positive feedback & do provide refunds & good customer service they are still selling scrappers. I had 4 scrappers in a lot of 12 too. Maybe they shouldn't be on the green list. JMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
I purchased two lots from Sleepys at Christmas time. I gave them as gifts to my niece and nephew. I compared what I received against pinpics and dizpins. I would have to say all but four pins were questionable. I never filed a complaint or sent them back. I have decided to purchase my pins from a few of the other green list sellers and have had very good results. I'm trying hard not to circulate scrappers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerM View Post
Sleepy emailed me this morning and apologized for the mistake. Said they would either refund or replace then with pins he hand selects. I took him up on the offer & will let you know how the replacements go.

I agree that maybe sleepysemporium should be moved to a caution on the main page as opposedto green.
I will definitely move them to the orange list. I received about 10/50 scrappers, and they offered a refund. However, a lot of people are reporting higher numbers of scrappers.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #918
pinparrot
Earning My Ears

AP counterfits

Sellers are stamping AP on the backs of pins and selling them as authentic AP pins. CFC93 has 400 plus for sell. I bought some and they are suspect. Poorly done AP stamps, some are very small and when you look at them under a magnifying glass they don"t even say AP, just scratches. Thanks for the info about realfastpins I wondered what happened to them.
pinparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #919
staceyhzoo
Mouseketeer

Has anyone bought from katken2? The hubby has found a pin he wants and I can't find any info about them. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #920
mstinson14
DIS Veteran

is there any info on disneyeasypin?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #921
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

OK so I purchased 12 pins from sleepysemporium and received them today. And only one is questionable and its because it has a few dents and snags on it.. and I emailed them today about it. and a weird film on one side.. hard to explain.

Im still confused on how to figure out if it is a scrapper or not?!

I also purchased from sunshinesunwear and the pins were great!

I also purchased from steamboatwillie and waiting to receive the pin!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #922
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

the pins shown on this website.. r they the real pins or the scrappers?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #923
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

The pins shown are pins that have been copied. Therefore, unauthorized versions of that pin exist.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #924
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyhzoo View Post
Has anyone bought from katken2? The hubby has found a pin he wants and I can't find any info about them. Thanks!
There is no info on our thread and I have never bought from them
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstinson14 View Post
is there any info on disneyeasypin?
Big lots like that are always suspicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
OK so I purchased 12 pins from sleepysemporium and received them today. And only one is questionable and its because it has a few dents and snags on it.. and I emailed them today about it. and a weird film on one side.. hard to explain.

Im still confused on how to figure out if it is a scrapper or not?!

I also purchased from sunshinesunwear and the pins were great!

I also purchased from steamboatwillie and waiting to receive the pin!
Please check the Signs of Scrappers thread.

The #1 method I use is comparing the official logo on the backstamp to rack pins I bought at WDW. Official pins will have the exact same backstamp (font, proportions, cleanness) except the size. Dents/snags are natural with the wear and tear of a pin, it doesn't mean it's a scrapper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

the pins shown on this website.. r they the real pins or the scrappers?
There are scrapper versions of these pins. Keep in mind there are plenty of official pins as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
The pins shown are pins that have been copied. Therefore, unauthorized versions of that pin exist.
Also, this is by no means a complete list. EVERY PIN has the possibility of being scrapped.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #925
metz72
Earning My Ears

Has anyone purchased pins from 52jcmdisneypins?
ASMo 6/2012
metz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #926
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by metz72 View Post
nope, sorry

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #927
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Not that I can recall. Sorry

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #928
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

I just won 3 pins (individually) from sportsfiendny on ebay. I paid for these on July 30 and on August 13 still had not received them. Emailed the seller, she said the package had been sent. 5 days later I still had not heard from the seller or received the package so I opened a case against it. The seller contacts me and said the package was mailed. Then said she had 2 of the same pins that I had bought but not one of them. I got a full refund. If she had duplicates chances are good they were scrappers. I did not receive any pins so I cannot say for sure if they were but the whole thing was just not a good transaction.

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #929
LittleFlounder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I have bought pins from 52jcmdisneypins. Sorry I'm so late responding.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER! I bought a lot of 50 pins from them back in '08 and every single pin was a scrapper. When I told them they sold me scrappers they said: "I am sorry you are unhappy with your lot of pins, please accept my apologies. I have noticed that the pin quality that I have been trading for have been getting poorer, and I have been finding more and more scrapper pins. I try and catch them before I sell, but I was on vacation and wasn't as vigalent as I normally am."

Sure, sure.. a flat out lie. I asked for a refund of the auction amount, plus shipping(both ways) and I sent the pins back. They agreed. When they filed with ebay to get their charges back they said "both agreed not go through with the auction". and then asked if I could leave positive feedback for them, or none at all.

Because of this scapper incident I had, I am scared to buy pins off ebay at all. There is a small lot of CM lanyard/hidden mickey pins I want right now, but I don't want to buy them in case they are counterfeit.

LittleFlounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #930
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

[QUOTE=LittleFlounder;37885868]Yes, I have bought pins from 52jcmdisneypins. Sorry I'm so late responding.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER! I bought a lot of 50 pins from them back in '08 and every single pin was a scrapper. When I told them they sold me scrappers they said: "I am sorry you are unhappy with your lot of pins, please accept my apologies. I have noticed that the pin quality that I have been trading for have been getting poorer, and I have been finding more and more scrapper pins. I try and catch them before I sell, but I was on vacation and wasn't as vigalent as I normally am."

Sure, sure.. a flat out lie. I asked for a refund of the auction amount, plus shipping(both ways) and I sent the pins back. They agreed. When they filed with ebay to get their charges back they said "both agreed not go through with the auction". and then asked if I could leave positive feedback for them, or none at all.

Because of this scapper incident I had, I am scared to buy pins off ebay at all. There is a small lot of CM lanyard/hidden mickey pins I want right now, but I don't want to buy them in case they are counterfeit.[/QUOTE]

Who is the seller?

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: