Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #901
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this seller is listed in one of the posts and I missed it but does anyone know about "sportsfiendny"? He is not on the red, yellow, or green lists in the first post. The pins are listed individually and not in a lot. Thanks!

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #902
K8T
DIS Veteran

Hi

I have read through a lot of this thread and am much more educated now (how many times have you heard that!!).

My daughter started trading on DCL in June (she is only 5) and we bought a lot of pins on board and swapped a lot too. This week I bought 11 pins from Pin-Princess on ebay.

I chose her, because she didn't have lots of large lots and also had a number of individual pins. However, I do see that she has only been registered since June 10, which rings bells, also the pins came in little bags!!!

I am almost sure they will be scrappers, especially as a lot are 'hidden Mickey' ones and also one comes up in searches, at a sale price of $44 and I didn't pay anything like that for the lot.

Has anyone any experience, this person is in the UK, trading from Shropshire and sent a compliment slip with the name Jill on it.

Obviously, I haven't a clue how to tell a scrapper, I have felt them!! Looked at the backs!!!! even sniffed them!!! but still seem none the wiser.

My dd was thrilled with them and wants to keep some for her collection (fair enough if they are for her), but before I contact the sellar, can anyone give me any advice.

Many thanks

Kate
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #903
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
Hi

I have read through a lot of this thread and am much more educated now (how many times have you heard that!!).

My daughter started trading on DCL in June (she is only 5) and we bought a lot of pins on board and swapped a lot too. This week I bought 11 pins from Pin-Princess on ebay.

I chose her, because she didn't have lots of large lots and also had a number of individual pins. However, I do see that she has only been registered since June 10, which rings bells, also the pins came in little bags!!!

I am almost sure they will be scrappers, especially as a lot are 'hidden Mickey' ones and also one comes up in searches, at a sale price of $44 and I didn't pay anything like that for the lot.

Has anyone any experience, this person is in the UK, trading from Shropshire and sent a compliment slip with the name Jill on it.

Obviously, I haven't a clue how to tell a scrapper, I have felt them!! Looked at the backs!!!! even sniffed them!!! but still seem none the wiser.

My dd was thrilled with them and wants to keep some for her collection (fair enough if they are for her), but before I contact the sellar, can anyone give me any advice.

Many thanks

Kate
Have you bought any rack/open edition pins directly from disney? If so, compare the logo on the backstamp. The real pins have a clean, precise stamp, while scrappers are often sloppier. The logo changed in 2009 also, so don't let that confuse you. Also, search for the individual pins on pinpics.com. The site often lists the differences between the scrappers and the real pins. It is constantly updated by people (like me) who find scrappers of pins and submit ways to differentiate them.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 AM   #904
K8T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
Have you bought any rack/open edition pins directly from disney? If so, compare the logo on the backstamp. The real pins have a clean, precise stamp, while scrappers are often sloppier. The logo changed in 2009 also, so don't let that confuse you. Also, search for the individual pins on pinpics.com. The site often lists the differences between the scrappers and the real pins. It is constantly updated by people (like me) who find scrappers of pins and submit ways to differentiate them.
Thanks for this information. I have just spent a long tiime going through each pin and it would appear, bearing in mind I don't really know what I am doing, that out of 11 pin, probably two or three are OK.

I have contacted the seller to ask where she got them and that I think they may be scrappers and will wait to hear what she willl do about it.

Luckily I didn't pay alot (probbaly says it all), however, I still need some pins to swap on our holiday at the end of August.

Do you know anyone in the UK, who I can trust to sent me some 'genuine' pins.

Many thank

Kate
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
Old 08-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #905
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Hey guys ... I just saw mubunny just listed some pins for a one day sale. I haven't checked ebay for a while and I know he doesn't list often so I wanted to give you a heads up.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #906
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Hey guys ... I just saw mubunny just listed some pins for a one day sale. I haven't checked ebay for a while and I know he doesn't list often so I wanted to give you a heads up.
Thanks for the info!

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #907
K8T
DIS Veteran

Well latest update, I contacted Pin-Princess on ebay and she replied saying that she got her pins through her daughter in the States and good ebay sellers. She asked why I thought they were scrappers so I said:

Some have slight dips in the enamel, one (Minnie Kite), has a silver mouth/features and they should be black. Several the Mickey Heads on the back are very small (I have some legit ones to compare), and also they have a border around them which shouldn't be there. Finally, several of them have 'rough' looking logos.

I shall wait for the next installment. I haven't actually asked for my money back yet and not sure what to do about this. Whether to accept them - but that seems unfair, yet that is probably what I am going to get back anyway most of the time - Whether to give a comment on feedback, to warn others, or whether to just cut my losses and bin them!

Any advice?

Kate
Old 08-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #908
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
Well latest update, I contacted Pin-Princess on ebay and she replied saying that she got her pins through her daughter in the States and good ebay sellers. She asked why I thought they were scrappers so I said:

Some have slight dips in the enamel, one (Minnie Kite), has a silver mouth/features and they should be black. Several the Mickey Heads on the back are very small (I have some legit ones to compare), and also they have a border around them which shouldn't be there. Finally, several of them have 'rough' looking logos.

I shall wait for the next installment. I haven't actually asked for my money back yet and not sure what to do about this. Whether to accept them - but that seems unfair, yet that is probably what I am going to get back anyway most of the time - Whether to give a comment on feedback, to warn others, or whether to just cut my losses and bin them!

Any advice?

Kate
I hate giving advise on these situations, so I'd say keep them for yourself. Many pins have slight dips in one or two smaller portions of the enamel, but with the rough logos and border on the mickey heads, they are definite scrappers. All legit pins will have a precise logo.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #909
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

anyone have any feedback on www.pinseller.com? I didn't seem them on the list. If I did miss it... I'm sorry.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #910
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
anyone have any feedback on www.pinseller.com? I didn't seem them on the list. If I did miss it... I'm sorry.
They do have a 100% money back guarantee

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #911
MountNittany

I ordered a WDW Disney Attraction License Plates Set from bizzybee1 and an Alice WDI Badge (2009 Series) from theotherpinstore27. They were all authentic and both will be on the green list

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #912
ImagineerM
DIS Veteran

Good day everyone!
Wanted to report that I recently purchased several pins from sleepysemporium on eBay. They came in the mail today & bad news. 3/4 of them were scrappers, including a very bad "Wet Paint" & a fee hidden Mickey pins with bad stamps on the back.

I'm very disappointed because they came highly recommended and were listed on the green list.

I've emailed them pictures and comparisons of the bad pins. I'll report back & let you know what I hear.

Cheers,
Josh

Just bought into the DVC at AKLV

ImagineerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #913
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerM View Post
Good day everyone!
Wanted to report that I recently purchased several pins from sleepysemporium on eBay. They came in the mail today & bad news. 3/4 of them were scrappers, including a very bad "Wet Paint" & a fee hidden Mickey pins with bad stamps on the back.

I'm very disappointed because they came highly recommended and were listed on the green list.

I've emailed them pictures and comparisons of the bad pins. I'll report back & let you know what I hear.

Cheers,
Josh
They will definitely take them back & send you new ones, but I have to say this is a bit disappointing to me too. They must be high volume sellers & although they do have 100% positive feedback & do provide refunds & good customer service they are still selling scrappers. I had 4 scrappers in a lot of 12 too. Maybe they shouldn't be on the green list. JMHO.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #914
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I purchased two lots from Sleepys at Christmas time. I gave them as gifts to my niece and nephew. I compared what I received against pinpics and dizpins. I would have to say all but four pins were questionable. I never filed a complaint or sent them back. I have decided to purchase my pins from a few of the other green list sellers and have had very good results. I'm trying hard not to circulate scrappers.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #915
ImagineerM
DIS Veteran

Sleepy emailed me this morning and apologized for the mistake. Said they would either refund or replace then with pins he hand selects. I took him up on the offer & will let you know how the replacements go.

I agree that maybe sleepysemporium should be moved to a caution on the main page as opposedto green.

Just bought into the DVC at AKLV

ImagineerM is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: