Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #886
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
WOW! this thread is awesome! Im headed to WDW this December and I am making some gift bags for my younger cousins that are going and I thought it would be sooo fun to start their pin collections!

Im soo happy I found this thread because I was really starting to worry about the sellers on ebay.

I am watching a few from "domimgood" but now Im thinking.. no thanks.
I am now searching the "great" sellers to purchase from them!

Gosh some people are just crooks, sickening what people will do for a buck!

Thanks for the amazing posts!
It is sick. Unfortunately, there are people who don't care if they buy from scrappers to trade as long as they can trade the pin (the cheaper the better) in the park. In fact some buy the bad pins on purpose so that they can trade for good pins in the parks. Plus the scrappers make a ton of money from big lots so all one can really do is educate themselves and not trade "scrappers" in the parks. Anyhow don't let all this stuff ruin your fun have a great trip!
blockscrappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #887
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever purchased from Amazon? I did a search for starter sets with lanyard for my DD10 and me to start. They look packaged with Lanyard and 4 pins (various).

Thanks!!

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #888
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I went to his page & I see exactly what you're saying. Here's my question though. If this seller has taken the time to post pics of the front & back of the pins (most sellers don't) is he hoping buyers don't know any better or is he just an uneducated seller that thinks he/she has legitimate pins for sale?

I'm starting to think I may give up pin trading. It used to be fun but now it just seems like a lot of work. Having to check every pin against pinpics & worrying about putting scrappers into the system by trading with CMs at the parks. Maybe ignorance was bliss, but too late to go back now.
So I looked at more of his auctions and found some pins that I know have scrappers (because I have a ton of them lol) and I asked him about the backstamp, he told me "these pins are considered scrappers on pinpics" so yes he knows, and no he doesn't say anything about them being scrappers on the auction pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
Has anyone ever purchased from Amazon? I did a search for starter sets with lanyard for my DD10 and me to start. They look packaged with Lanyard and 4 pins (various).

Thanks!!
No, I didn't even know Amazon had pins on it.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #889
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post

Neither did I, but looking at them, it looks like Disney maintains a store front there as well as individual retailers
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #890
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
So I looked at more of his auctions and found some pins that I know have scrappers (because I have a ton of them lol) and I asked him about the backstamp, he told me "these pins are considered scrappers on pinpics" so yes he knows, and no he doesn't say anything about them being scrappers on the auction pages.

Wow. Shame on him!

Edit: So I just checked the 1st page & he's not listed in red. Shouldn't he be if he out & out told you he's selling scrappers & not being up front about it? Seems like a good reason to add him to the list to me.

Last edited by horselover; 07-26-2010 at 05:18 PM.
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #891
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

yes, I'm sure that Mt Nittany will update that as soon as he can.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #892
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Neither did I, but looking at them, it looks like Disney maintains a store front there as well as individual retailers
So, do you think it is safe to think these are authentic. I have found some starter sets with lanyard for as low as 9.95. I'm thinking that would be a great way for us to start out.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #893
pinparrot
Earning My Ears

nanub

Doe's anyone know what happened to Nannub, don't want to buy from them by mistake. Thanks for any help
pinparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #894
kdm0516
Mouseketeer

there is a elesabethturner on ebay...the price is really good so I'm thinking it is scrappers but she isn't listed on the first page of this thread. Does anyone know?
thanks
kdm0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #895
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, do you think it is safe to think these are authentic. I have found some starter sets with lanyard for as low as 9.95. I'm thinking that would be a great way for us to start out.
If it is from the Disney Store located on Amazon, more than likely. They probably set it up to get further exposure as well as use it to help sell some slower products
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #896
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
yes, I'm sure they are ok since they are from Disney And I'm sure that Amazon would not look kindly on people selling scrappers on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinparrot View Post
Doe's anyone know what happened to Nannub, don't want to buy from them by mistake. Thanks for any help
No, sorry....if you are looking just try one of the green listed sellers on our first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0516 View Post
there is a elesabethturner on ebay...the price is really good so I'm thinking it is scrappers but she isn't listed on the first page of this thread. Does anyone know?
thanks
there's an elizabethturner that we think is selling scrappers.....

Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #897
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPond View Post
Okay, so I'm 99.9% sure at least one of the pins I got off ebay is a fake. I can't remember who I got it from because it was over a year ago.

It's a WDI Space Mountain pin. The reason I'm pretty sure it's fake is becaue the stuff on the back is just typed in black. It's flat. Not stamped into it. I feel bad because it's a pin I bought online for my husband. He said he doesn't care though since he doesn't plan on trading it ever.

I thought I'd share pictures of it.

Here's the front -

And here's the back -

It looks silver without the flash. So here's one with the flash. You can't read the words as well here though.

(Sorry if this shouldn't have been posted in this thread. I'm not familiar with this section of the board. Let me know if I should take this elsewhere. I have a couple pins I'm not sure about but I don't know if I should post photos and ask here or somewhere else)
There are 66 people trading it on PinPics, so there could be a scrapper of this pin. That's just pure speculation with little fact.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #898
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

I'll read through the thread later and respond/update. Disney was awesome as normal. I picked up a few scrappers, but it seems like the majority of the 2010 HM pins on the lanyards are real. All of the ones I traded for (over 30 HMs) were real.

Also, 64 pins wasn't enough for me for a week. I'll probably go with 100 and bring the rest home next time.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #899
mousestruck
Mouseketeer

After reading through this thread, we purchased a large lot of pins from one of the "green list" sellers - Sleepy's Emporium. The price was a bit higher than other sellers, but the others were either on the "red list" or on no list, so I paid a few extra bucks to go with a trusted resource. The pins just arrived and I must say they are much nicer than I expected! I am no expert on scrappers, but they do appear to be authentic -- no duplicates and none in little plastic baggies. There are even a couple that are multi-dimensional or special event pins. I'm very pleased. Thanks to all for the education!
mousestruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #900
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousestruck View Post
After reading through this thread, we purchased a large lot of pins from one of the "green list" sellers - Sleepy's Emporium. The price was a bit higher than other sellers, but the others were either on the "red list" or on no list, so I paid a few extra bucks to go with a trusted resource. The pins just arrived and I must say they are much nicer than I expected! I am no expert on scrappers, but they do appear to be authentic -- no duplicates and none in little plastic baggies. There are even a couple that are multi-dimensional or special event pins. I'm very pleased. Thanks to all for the education!
Can I ask...how many did you get and for how much?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: