Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #871
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Just to report, I have a few of the WDI ID badges, they are all scrappers. That's OK with me, I wanted them for ME and not for trade or resale and I paid almost nothing for it.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #872
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Just to report, I have a few of the WDI ID badges, they are all scrappers. That's OK with me, I wanted them for ME and not for trade or resale and I paid almost nothing for it.
Which ones. I have some that I got loose and some that are still mint on the backer cards?
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #873
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I'm 99.9% sure at least one of the pins I got off ebay is a fake. I can't remember who I got it from because it was over a year ago.

It's a WDI Space Mountain pin. The reason I'm pretty sure it's fake is becaue the stuff on the back is just typed in black. It's flat. Not stamped into it. I feel bad because it's a pin I bought online for my husband. He said he doesn't care though since he doesn't plan on trading it ever.

I thought I'd share pictures of it.

Here's the front -

And here's the back -

It looks silver without the flash. So here's one with the flash. You can't read the words as well here though.

(Sorry if this shouldn't have been posted in this thread. I'm not familiar with this section of the board. Let me know if I should take this elsewhere. I have a couple pins I'm not sure about but I don't know if I should post photos and ask here or somewhere else)
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #874
Spiffie
Wishing to be in my happy place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPond View Post
Okay, so I'm 99.9% sure at least one of the pins I got off ebay is a fake. I can't remember who I got it from because it was over a year ago.

It's a WDI Space Mountain pin. The reason I'm pretty sure it's fake is becaue the stuff on the back is just typed in black. It's flat. Not stamped into it. I feel bad because it's a pin I bought online for my husband. He said he doesn't care though since he doesn't plan on trading it ever.

Here's the front -

And here's the back -

It looks silver without the flash. So here's one with the flash. You can't read the words as well here though.

(Sorry if this shouldn't have been posted in this thread. I'm not familiar with this section of the board. Let me know if I should take this elsewhere. I have a couple pins I'm not sure about but I don't know if I should post photos and ask here or somewhere else)
That is PinPics #39165. There isn't any information regarding the possibility of it being a fake/scrapper pin on PinPics. Maybe someone else will see this post own that pin and can verify if the back is stamped ON or INTO the finish. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #875
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Which ones. I have some that I got loose and some that are still mint on the backer cards?
I have a Maleficent one and a Mickey one and I got a couple for the girls but can't remember which ones. I have a lot of really cool Maleficent pins (I love her) and I just wanted to add the WDI pin, I bought it assuming it was fake and yup, it's got those horrible directional scratches and no shiny finish on it.

Quote:

Here's the front -

And here's the back -

there are some pins that are legit that have no back stamp but rather a print. I've seen some and I might still have some, I'd have to check. Another good thing to note is the dangle part has the waffle print that goes off the edge, I think you might have a good pin there.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #876
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

Really?? Crazy. I was for sure the regular print meant it was a fake. (I'm still really new to this pin stuff.)

Can I post a few more pins to get opinions? Or should I make a new thread for that?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #877
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

You can also check pin pics.
Here is your pin
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.c...954.1280005747
Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #878
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

Hmm, looks the same to my eyes. I wish they had a photo of the back.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #879
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Hmm, looks the same to my eyes. I wish they had a photo of the back.
Please start a new thread with pics of other pins, that helps to keep this one focused on eBay sellers.

Pinpics doesn't do photos of the backs, what they do is put a scrapper warning on the page, if you go here http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.c....1280020835.v2 and scroll down you will see what I mean by the scrapper warning.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #880
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

I also wanted to pop in with more feedback on Domimgood, I am watching 1 pin he has up for auction and also some silly bandz. I did notice that he has some LE fairy pins up with photos of the front and back, the photo of the back you can clearly see what we are referring to when we say there's a border around the edge, that's not supposed to be there, those Mickey heads are supposed to go all the way off the edges of the back. I don't want to post a link but if you do a search for his eBay name and scroll and few pages back you'll see what I'm referring to. So he definitely needs to be at least on the yellow list. Like I said, I am watching a pin but if I do end up with it it will be added to my collection and not traded.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #881
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

Sorry. I can edit my post but I guess it wouldn't matter since it was quoted. Sorry about that.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #882
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Oh Amy, no worries!! This thread is just huge and it takes a lot to get thru all 59 pages so if we can start a new thread with questions on specific pins that would help. It's not a problem at all, I'm glad you posted here.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #883
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I also wanted to pop in with more feedback on Domimgood, I am watching 1 pin he has up for auction and also some silly bandz. I did notice that he has some LE fairy pins up with photos of the front and back, the photo of the back you can clearly see what we are referring to when we say there's a border around the edge, that's not supposed to be there, those Mickey heads are supposed to go all the way off the edges of the back. I don't want to post a link but if you do a search for his eBay name and scroll and few pages back you'll see what I'm referring to. So he definitely needs to be at least on the yellow list. Like I said, I am watching a pin but if I do end up with it it will be added to my collection and not traded.
I went to his page & I see exactly what you're saying. Here's my question though. If this seller has taken the time to post pics of the front & back of the pins (most sellers don't) is he hoping buyers don't know any better or is he just an uneducated seller that thinks he/she has legitimate pins for sale?

I'm starting to think I may give up pin trading. It used to be fun but now it just seems like a lot of work. Having to check every pin against pinpics & worrying about putting scrappers into the system by trading with CMs at the parks. Maybe ignorance was bliss, but too late to go back now.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #884
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

I don't know....I should ask him if he knows about that. But I do know that every pin I got from him with my last purchase looked really great until the next day when I looked under better lighting. Unfortunately I'd already left my good FB for that purchase.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #885
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

WOW! this thread is awesome! Im headed to WDW this December and I am making some gift bags for my younger cousins that are going and I thought it would be sooo fun to start their pin collections!

Im soo happy I found this thread because I was really starting to worry about the sellers on ebay.

I am watching a few from "domimgood" but now Im thinking.. no thanks.
I am now searching the "great" sellers to purchase from them!

Gosh some people are just crooks, sickening what people will do for a buck!

Thanks for the amazing posts!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: