Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #811
GoofyRulez
Earning My Ears

The Principle of It All

The reason I didn't take a refund was because this guy would have just sold them to some person that didn't know about scrappers. They would have traded them and they would have ended up in circulation. I have found a way to get rid of them. A jeweler I know has a mold of tinker bell (officially licensed by Disney). We are going to melt down the pins and make them into 4 or 5 tinker bell trinkets that can be worn on neclaces or bracelets. And then we are going to donate them to UW Madison Juvenile Cancer ward. Worth the $30 I spent.

GoofyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #812
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyRulez View Post
The reason I didn't take a refund was because this guy would have just sold them to some person that didn't know about scrappers. They would have traded them and they would have ended up in circulation. I have found a way to get rid of them. A jeweler I know has a mold of tinker bell (officially licensed by Disney). We are going to melt down the pins and make them into 4 or 5 tinker bell trinkets that can be worn on neclaces or bracelets. And then we are going to donate them to UW Madison Juvenile Cancer ward. Worth the $30 I spent.
Very nice idea!

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #813
Spiffie
Wishing to be in my happy place!!

Quote:
Kudos to you, GoofyRulez!!

I think it is very upstanding of you to take the loss! I, too, have gotten a lot of scrappers and I decided to break the post off the backs and glue a magnet on and use them as magnets. This makes them useful and out of circulation! Thanks for being a concerned collector!!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #814
MountNittany

Okay, so realfastpins (not realfast) is watching this board. After calling me a vulgar statement, she messaged me on eBay calling me a liar because I didn't mention that I left negative feedback for her. So, to clear this up for you, realfastpins, I left negative feedback. She said her internet was out for 7 days, but that's no excuse for not shipping a pin within 2 WEEKS. Anyways, I believe she is the same as nannub/parrotsandpins because her email has nannub in it, so I wouldn't buy from her. DEFINITE red list.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #815
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffie View Post

I think it is very upstanding of you to take the loss! I, too, have gotten a lot of scrappers and I decided to break the post off the backs and glue a magnet on and use them as magnets. This makes them useful and out of circulation! Thanks for being a concerned collector!!
Great idea as well!

My sister actually stole my pins from BBBC last year to keep, so that took care of the problem as well

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #816
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Good for you Goofyrulez. You've taken a bad situation & turned it into something good.

I hope you have better luck on ebay in the future with one of the green listed sellers from page 1.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #817
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
Okay, so realfastpins (not realfast) is watching this board. After calling me a vulgar statement, she messaged me on eBay calling me a liar because I didn't mention that I left negative feedback for her. So, to clear this up for you, realfastpins, I left negative feedback. She said her internet was out for 7 days, but that's no excuse for not shipping a pin within 2 WEEKS. Anyways, I believe she is the same as nannub/parrotsandpins because her email has nannub in it, so I wouldn't buy from her. DEFINITE red list.
Wow, they have some interesting feedback. Reading it, I noticed some of them even warn people that they ship scrappers. If more E-Bay users start doing that, it might help curtail scrap selling compared to honest E-Bayers
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #818
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Wow, they have some interesting feedback. Reading it, I noticed some of them even warn people that they ship scrappers. If more E-Bay users start doing that, it might help curtail scrap selling compared to honest E-Bayers
I saw that, and I am very happy. I couldn't, because I didn't get a pin from her. She said that she was going to ship it, but she saw this board so she figured that she would give me a refund, but the only reason she gave me a refund is because I used the resolution center. Her timeline just doesn't match up either with her "internet down"

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #819
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Bought pins from a bad user according to the list here... unfortunately did not know they were bad until I found this page(what would I do w/o the boards?)
guess I'll be using these to hold up posters, I needed more thumbtacks anyway.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #820
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

so, i just got 50 more pins from pinderella's castle....none are duplicates from what she sent before.....
there's a few (from both sets of 50) that i've seen as being out there as scrappers, but, they all look good to me....
am i missing something? are they really good scrappers? or are they actually legit ones? the backs look fine, the coloring is good on them, they seem a little light, but, i don't know if that's really a good indication of them....i have some i KNOW are real because we bought them and they seem kind of light and thin too....
out of the 100 i got from her, there's only 1 i can definitely tell is a scrapper- a minnie alarm clock....the mickey heads on the back have a border around them, and it looks like a pit/divot in the paint on the front....
other than that, i'm having a really hard time discerning whether or not they're legit....i'm leaning towards legit......
i mean, there's a chance that there are ones on "possible scrapper lists" that are actually real, right?
'10 AllStarSports- 1year anniv!
'12 AllStarSports- babymoon
'14 CBR- baby's frist trip to wdw! 5 year anniv!

dh(38) me(35) :baby girl (1.5)

daisy 'n donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #821
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy 'n donald View Post
so, i just got 50 more pins from pinderella's castle....none are duplicates from what she sent before.....
there's a few (from both sets of 50) that i've seen as being out there as scrappers, but, they all look good to me....
am i missing something? are they really good scrappers? or are they actually legit ones? the backs look fine, the coloring is good on them, they seem a little light, but, i don't know if that's really a good indication of them....i have some i KNOW are real because we bought them and they seem kind of light and thin too....
out of the 100 i got from her, there's only 1 i can definitely tell is a scrapper- a minnie alarm clock....the mickey heads on the back have a border around them, and it looks like a pit/divot in the paint on the front....
other than that, i'm having a really hard time discerning whether or not they're legit....i'm leaning towards legit......
i mean, there's a chance that there are ones on "possible scrapper lists" that are actually real, right?
Of course there is a chance... most probably scrappers are open editions, so there are just as many real as scrapper pins. A LOT of pins are scrapped, so A LOT of pins will be on the possible scrapper lists. Pinderella normally has good pins, and even if you are a good pin salesman, you will have some scrappers, it's just the nature of the beast.

You can check the fonts on the back of the pins, like in the years, and compare them to rack pins. Also, a lot of scrappers have sloppy fonts in the logo.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #822
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Of course there is a chance... most probably scrappers are open editions, so there are just as many real as scrapper pins. A LOT of pins are scrapped, so A LOT of pins will be on the possible scrapper lists. Pinderella normally has good pins, and even if you are a good pin salesman, you will have some scrappers, it's just the nature of the beast.

You can check the fonts on the back of the pins, like in the years, and compare them to rack pins. Also, a lot of scrappers have sloppy fonts in the logo.

oh i totally get that it's the nature of the beast...and i'm honestly surprised there weren't more scrappers
of the ones that are suspected, they look really good to me....the paint/color of the front looks good...the "holes" aren't filled in....the font on the back looks right....
besides the minnie clock, i think the 2 chip and dale aloha pins are scrappers, i read on pinpics that the m in mickey and p in pin (where it says hidden mickey pin) are lowercase on the scrappers, and the 2 i have are lower case.....
so out of the 100, there are only 3 that i can say for sure are probably scrappers....
i'd hate to go and trade away ones that might be scrappers that i can't tell are.....there's probably about 5 or 6 more that i'm not so sure of....but still that's pretty good out of the lots that i got compared to what's out there....
pinderella did say they try to "weed out" the undesireables.....
the ones that i suspect are ones i'd be totally cool with keeping...
'10 AllStarSports- 1year anniv!
'12 AllStarSports- babymoon
'14 CBR- baby's frist trip to wdw! 5 year anniv!

dh(38) me(35) :baby girl (1.5)

daisy 'n donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #823
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir58 View Post
Bought pins from a bad user according to the list here... unfortunately did not know they were bad until I found this page(what would I do w/o the boards?)
guess I'll be using these to hold up posters, I needed more thumbtacks anyway.
You never know, you could get real pins... and sometimes I like the pins that I get as scrappers. The pin design, not the pin itself.

Thanks for not polluting the system!

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #824
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Oh that's a really great idea!!! Thank you for not returning them and putting them into ciruculation and Thank You for leaving negative FB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffie View Post

I like that magnet idea, very fun!

Quote:
I'm not surprised that someone from the "nannub" camp is watching this thread...remember the poster earlier in the thread who was accusing us of slander because of what was said about some eBay sellers? LOL Some people....LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #825
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Oh Spiffie, I wanted to say that I have loads of pin that have that little "nub" coming up off the post and they are 100% real so that's only a "tell" with certain pins.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: