Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #736
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmk_wdw View Post
This may sound odd but i am selln disney pins in bulk on ebay I have decided that i do not want to collect the pins any long. I thought it would help you all out in your collecting. id be happy to share my ebay name if anyone is interested.
You're going to go ahead and list the rest? Yes, please, list your eBay name. I'll give you a good review here, our "trade" went great.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #737
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
And scrappers are pins that were made with low quality materials and are basically "illegal" because they were not allowed by Disney and should not have the backstamp.
If scrappers have the backstamp how can you tell the difference?
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #738
petals

I think I got most of my ebay ones from thewill. I've enver noticed anything wrong with these.... I've just ordered from amazing_gifts though who I see are on your bad list should be interesting now to see if I can tell the difference if they're fake! Also amazing gifts only has 4 negative comments and only one of those mentions scrappers! A member blocked me before as well because they sold disney pins as fully tradable but when they came they were only cheap fakes plus they overcharged on postage.. I hate it when they know you'll be able to see on the package anyway how much postage cost!

Here is my pin collection btw... colour is bad because of way I scanned them not the actual pins> I know the timon and pumbaa one is fake I actually got this in animal kingdom off a cast member and they told me it was a fake but i liked it so they gave me a mickey back and let me off with it without giving a pin Anyone that knows anything about them bearing in mind that colour is off with the scanner can you look and tell me if there's any there that stand out as fakes please and thank you
Clickie

Kenerbean was the ebay user that blocked me because I questioned about postage costs! Plus they were selling non pin trading badges...
I've just found a scrapper in my collection so looking up ebayer I got that from as well will post asif

Last edited by petals; 06-27-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #739
petals

Dang can't find who I bought the scrapper from but in my list pintraderz is no longer on ebay so at a guess it could be them...
I also notice that pins1217 and nazarena 2000 are selling same scrapper I have! Note I haven't dealt with either of them just looking up the scrapper I have and they have the same one maybe pic is wrong on their part or something i don't know

Also a question on pinpics there's a picture of one of my pins but colouring is ever so slightly different but it doesn't mention scrappers being around for this pin so what way do I take that is it just their picture or my pin not being real?

Last edited by petals; 06-27-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #740
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
If scrappers have the backstamp how can you tell the difference?
It is very difficult to tell the difference, and that's why people get away with trading them. There are going to be scrappers in your collection, and you will never know that they are scrappers.

Some signs of a scrapper are:
  • Rough edges
  • Holes that should be punched out filled with silver (check pinpics, some pins intentionally have holes filled in with silver)
  • I have found that most legit pins have consistent font... scrappers will often have a close but not the same font on them
  • Dimples in the paint
  • Poor quality
  • Low weight
  • Off-coloration
  • Oily smell
  • Official logo that is out of proportion (compare to a bought rack pin)
  • Also look at the pinpics.com description of the pin, they will often have ways listed on how to spot a scrapper.

Quote:
Here is my pin collection btw... colour is bad because of way I scanned them not the actual pins> I know the timon and pumbaa one is fake I actually got this in animal kingdom off a cast member and they told me it was a fake but i liked it so they gave me a mickey back and let me off with it without giving a pin Anyone that knows anything about them bearing in mind that colour is off with the scanner can you look and tell me if there's any there that stand out as fakes please and thank you
Clickie
Nice collection! It's really tough to tell if a pin is fake by a picture. The pins on pinpics will have a slightly different color than the one you are holding even if they are both real.
Quote:
Also a question on pinpics there's a picture of one of my pins but colouring is ever so slightly different but it doesn't mention scrappers being around for this pin so what way do I take that is it just their picture or my pin not being real?
Read above

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #741
MountNittany

I received my first pin from MousePins4U today. I believe that it is a scrapper, as I expected, but I will check it against my other pins and against PinPics to make sure. I probably will leave neutral feedback as I don't have enough pins to see if they sell all scrappers, and also put them on the Orange list.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #742
MountNittany

double post

LET'S GO PENS!

Last edited by MountNittany; 06-28-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #743
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
I think I got most of my ebay ones from thewill. I've enver noticed anything wrong with these.... I've just ordered from amazing_gifts though who I see are on your bad list should be interesting now to see if I can tell the difference if they're fake! Also amazing gifts only has 4 negative comments and only one of those mentions scrappers! A member blocked me before as well because they sold disney pins as fully tradable but when they came they were only cheap fakes plus they overcharged on postage.. I hate it when they know you'll be able to see on the package anyway how much postage cost!

Clickie

Kenerbean was the ebay user that blocked me because I questioned about postage costs! Plus they were selling non pin trading badges...
I've just found a scrapper in my collection so looking up ebayer I got that from as well will post asif
I believe the dalmation RUFF! one is a scrapper. I'll have to see where I found that information. We had it at one point, but got rid of it because it was fake. The kids retraded it.

ETA: here's the link. http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p...069.1277754302
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #744
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
I believe the dalmation RUFF! one is a scrapper. I'll have to see where I found that information. We had it at one point, but got rid of it because it was fake. The kids retraded it.
There is a legit Ruff! pin, and the coloring may be off because of the scanner.
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p....1277754433.v2

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #745
petals

Yeah I think the RUFF one I have is real.. I got it in parks off a cm a few years back though *** can't be 100% sure the only one I found that stood out as a scrapper isDuewy He's meant to have a red strip on his hat and when I look closely at the pin there's two slight dips either side of his face and a bit scratchy on the side
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #746
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Petals, does your Jiminy snowflake have 2 small nubs on the back by the pin post? If not it's a scrapper. If so it's good!! You have a nice collection there, I really like them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #747
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Someone mentioned being upset with an ebay seller because the actual postage on the package was more than they charged in the transaction. I don't sell on ebay but I do buy and just like when I purchase from Disney Store and other retailers on line, the postage and handling charges include more than just postage. It can include cost of packaging (whether box or padded envelope), driving to and from post office (gas and wear/tear on vehicle), etc. Therefore, when a package comes to me and I see the actual postage was $2.78 but I paid $4.00 for shipping/handling on ebay, I really don't think that's something to get upset about. JMO obviously.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #748
MountNittany

Quote:
Yeah I think the RUFF one I have is real.. I got it in parks off a cm a few years back though *** can't be 100% sure the only one I found that stood out as a scrapper isDuewy He's meant to have a red strip on his hat and when I look closely at the pin there's two slight dips either side of his face and a bit scratchy on the side
Dewy looks like a scrapper, the cuts are rough along the right side.

And the snowflakes are very commonly scrapped, as pixie said, and you just need to look for the nubs. If it has them, you're good.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #749
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Petals, does your Jiminy snowflake have 2 small nubs on the back by the pin post? If not it's a scrapper. If so it's good!! You have a nice collection there, I really like them.
Thanks you Colour is a bit off from the scanner.. there's one where Ariels hair looks grey lol it's red on the pin though that pin is legit I bought it in the park

Jiminy only had one nub but can see a mark where the second possibly was? I dunno it could be a scrapper. I like it either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
Dewy looks like a scrapper, the cuts are rough along the right side.

And the snowflakes are very commonly scrapped, as pixie said, and you just need to look for the nubs. If it has them, you're good.
Dewy is definately a scrapper his hat is wrong colour and everything Think I've got the right one from sleepy's emporium on ebay now though fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Someone mentioned being upset with an ebay seller because the actual postage on the package was more than they charged in the transaction. I don't sell on ebay but I do buy and just like when I purchase from Disney Store and other retailers on line, the postage and handling charges include more than just postage. It can include cost of packaging (whether box or padded envelope), driving to and from post office (gas and wear/tear on vehicle), etc. Therefore, when a package comes to me and I see the actual postage was $2.78 but I paid $4.00 for shipping/handling on ebay, I really don't think that's something to get upset about. JMO obviously.
I get that when there's a small difference like the above mentioned but when it says on package something like 1.40 and it's only put in a small brown envelope and then you're charged something like 8 or 10 or more dollars I don't get that and I have had dealings with some ebayers who were honest and when they went to post it if it cost less they would refund difference which is fair enough
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #750
MountNittany

Quote:
Dewy is definately a scrapper his hat is wrong colour and everything Think I've got the right one from sleepy's emporium on ebay now though fingers crossed
Well good luck

Well I received my 1 pin from MousePins4U today, and it is definitely a scrapper. There is a lot wrong with it, and I am not going to write everything here. I cannot put them on the red list though because I only bought one pin from them. I messaged the seller, and he said that he got the majority of his pins from a WDW dealer in Florida (not sure if that is a scrapper seller or not) and he said he knew about scrappers.

Has anyone else had any experience with MousePins4U? I'll probably put him on the orange list, or make a new yellow list for not enough information.

LET'S GO PENS!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: