Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #61
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MOdisneyfans View Post
I think I got scrappers from Mousepinsonline today. I only bought 5, but I think they are all scrappers. I have checked with pinpics and they described possible fakes. I have a gonzo with a mouse ears, mine is dated 2009, but the originals are dated 2008. I got a Donald Duck as a doctor that is limited edition and from the description of a fake one, mine matches the fake one. It also is messed up on the foot.
Another one is John and Michael flying, it doesn't list a fake but says the back should have one pin post, mine has two. A hidden mickey one that comes up on the scrappers list (when I looked at the pictures of scrappers), but when you search it, it is not even found. And the last one has Disneyland Paris on it with no date. I didn't think they were to send any that were not from Disneyland (CA) or DisneyWorld. I did e-mail about the Disneyland Paris one, but have not heard anything yet.

I glad I only bought the 5 pin grab bag. At least I was only out $14.00.

I really don't know if they are fake, but I don't think I will be taking them with us to trade.
The muppets are an open edition, so so it is not necessarily a scrapper if dated '09. What does the back of it look like? Our trip to DL last month we noticed most of the '09 pins now have a different back. It is embossed with mickey ears...can't think of how to describe it, but it is not a smmoth back anymore, and we got a few muppets with mouse ears, that had the new backing.
iheartdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #62
2MOdisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
The muppets are an open edition, so so it is not necessarily a scrapper if dated '09. What does the back of it look like? Our trip to DL last month we noticed most of the '09 pins now have a different back. It is embossed with mickey ears...can't think of how to describe it, but it is not a smmoth back anymore, and we got a few muppets with mouse ears, that had the new backing.
It does have the mickey heads on it.
2MOdisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #63
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

They don't all have the mickey heads tho, remember that. But yes, the muppets are open edition and will have different years stamped on the back. I've received Paris pins from MP, you won't have any problems trading them. Everyone loves Paris pins.
Which HM do you have? If I know anything about it I'm happy to help you out with them. Also, the John & Michael, which one is that? If it's a rack pin sometimes they will have a post added if the pin is heavy or seems to "swing" much.

Remember that even if your pin is on the scrapper page that doesn't mean the one YOU have is a scrapper, it just means that there are scrappers out there. I know I have a lot of older (08-early 09 so really not old) sets (bowling pins, ice sculpters, coins) from DL that are now being scrapped, mine are legit so if I sold mine on eBay they would be real but pinpics would list the scrappers. Let me know what your HM pin is, I'll see if I can help you search it out on pinpics.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #64
2MOdisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
They don't all have the mickey heads tho, remember that. But yes, the muppets are open edition and will have different years stamped on the back. I've received Paris pins from MP, you won't have any problems trading them. Everyone loves Paris pins.
Which HM do you have? If I know anything about it I'm happy to help you out with them. Also, the John & Michael, which one is that? If it's a rack pin sometimes they will have a post added if the pin is heavy or seems to "swing" much.

Remember that even if your pin is on the scrapper page that doesn't mean the one YOU have is a scrapper, it just means that there are scrappers out there. I know I have a lot of older (08-early 09 so really not old) sets (bowling pins, ice sculpters, coins) from DL that are now being scrapped, mine are legit so if I sold mine on eBay they would be real but pinpics would list the scrappers. Let me know what your HM pin is, I'll see if I can help you search it out on pinpics.
The John and Michael one, they are flying. John has a Top Hat and umbrella, and Michael has a teddy bear.

The HM one is a purple coffee mug with Mickey on it. 2007 (the rectangle around the copyright is a little messed up. like it got cut off.) The one that shows up on Pinpics is a yellow mug with Minnie sleeping. It says it is a set of 4. The one I have has 2 of 4 on it.

If you think these are ok, I would like to order a few more. I am just a little hesitant.

Thank you for your help.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #65
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Ok, that John & Michael is an open edition set, I can't remember how many pin posts it should have but I would imagine it's fine.

I have that mug set, I think my purple one says 2007 on the back too. According to pinpics it should say 2006 but all of mine say 07 except the Minnie mug which says 05 I think.....look it over carefully, see if there are any "dimples" or "divits" in the paint, see if the finish is shiny or matte and see if you can see any scratch marks that all go in the same direction, some of those are signs of scrappers. If photos would work I'd ask you to take some but I wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Now, I did find out on this set that it was released twice, in 05 and again in 06/07 so you're probably OK with this one. Anyway, I did a search on pinpics for you and got this link, you'll see your pin there and while it does say there are scrappers I'm leaning towards you're OK with yours...
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.cg...776685&view=v2
For future reference if you want to use pinpics click on the search button on the left when you are on the home page, then scroll down and click continue, then scroll down again and enter a description, then you'll get a hit on your search. If your search comes up without pictures you can change your "view" by clicking the button on the right, then you can see pictures and it makes searching much easier. HTH!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #66
2MOdisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, that John & Michael is an open edition set, I can't remember how many pin posts it should have but I would imagine it's fine.

I have that mug set, I think my purple one says 2007 on the back too. According to pinpics it should say 2006 but all of mine say 07 except the Minnie mug which says 05 I think.....look it over carefully, see if there are any "dimples" or "divits" in the paint, see if the finish is shiny or matte and see if you can see any scratch marks that all go in the same direction, some of those are signs of scrappers. If photos would work I'd ask you to take some but I wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Now, I did find out on this set that it was released twice, in 05 and again in 06/07 so you're probably OK with this one. Anyway, I did a search on pinpics for you and got this link, you'll see your pin there and while it does say there are scrappers I'm leaning towards you're OK with yours...
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.cg...776685&view=v2
For future reference if you want to use pinpics click on the search button on the left when you are on the home page, then scroll down and click continue, then scroll down again and enter a description, then you'll get a hit on your search. If your search comes up without pictures you can change your "view" by clicking the button on the right, then you can see pictures and it makes searching much easier. HTH!
I think the John and Michael one is fine. The coffe mug, I can move the paint on Mickey's right foot.(it is not really like paint, more like a putty) It is also dicolored there. The Gonzo pin had scratches going in the same directions (if you look closely).

Again, thank you for your help.

Is there any other website you recommend? I don't do e-bay.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #67
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Please check the thread below regarding good sellers, most of them are eBay but there should be a few that are not.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #68
Suzy Mouse
DIS Veteran
Changed the tape just in time!
Don't set a Krispy Kreme down and forget about it

Hi everyone,
I just made my first disney pin purchase on ebay through zoom.time. It's very difficult for me to tell if they are real pins or scrappers. Of course I came across this term after I made the purchase. I bought 100 for $126. There weren't any duplicates and they each came in a tiny ziploc bag.

To me it would appear that these aren't authentic because how could I get them so cheap? My daughter is very upset and thinks that she was lied to. We've been trading pins for years now and it's amazing how closely we are looking at the pins now. It's so difficult to tell the real ones from the phonies.

I guess my question is could these all be scrappers? Being that they were in baggies and so cheap? How else could the seller make a profit?

Suzanne

Suzy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #69
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Suzanne, I've never purchased from that seller but yes, given the price you paid I would assume they are scrappers. Visit pinpics.com, use the search function to search for pins you've received and see what they say regarding those pins. I'm sorry you seem to have received bad pins.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #70
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Update, I purchased a lot of 20 pins from fox trading (even tho they are on the bad list) and honestly, out of the 20 I got 5 that I feel are scrappers. When compared to my originals these 5 have divits, off coloration and some feel lighter. Overall I am happy with this lot, I also have 6 more pins coming from them and will report on those when they are received.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #71
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Bump!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #72
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Update, I purchased a lot of 20 pins from fox trading (even tho they are on the bad list) and honestly, out of the 20 I got 5 that I feel are scrappers. When compared to my originals these 5 have divits, off coloration and some feel lighter. Overall I am happy with this lot, I also have 6 more pins coming from them and will report on those when they are received.
Shall I put them on orange?

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #73
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

I ordered this pin: from kittykat2bad. Let's see what comes, and I'll report back. I missed this pin release by one day!

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #74
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
Shall I put them on orange?
Yes, maybe. I got another 6 pins that were singles I won from them and only 1 was a scrapper. The other 5 were good and one was an LE.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #75
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ordered from disneyaddicts, galpaisley or yankeefan77 ? Thanks so much! April
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
starstruck93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: