Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #721
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
anyone buy from pins1217?
Looking at the auctions, I would say they might be safe, as they are not selling lots at a time, just individuals, some are still carded, and some of them have not had scrappers reported. It looks like they are professional sellers though, if that means anything

Anyone else have any thoughts on the seller?
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Maryland/Virgina/West Virginia/DC Pin Meet on June 7th 2014!!! Details Inside!!

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #722
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
anyone buy from pins1217?
I agree with TeenaS I've just came back from WDW and there are so many scrappers that I have decided to collect the pins that I am missing (scrappers or not) I have decided that the fun is in the hunt if I can be a more savvy trader and avoid some bad pins by being aware of what they look like then so be it. I don't pay a fortune for my traders and only buy from ebayers that I feel are honestly trying to sell good pins. Anyway take that for what it is worth and have a great time!
blockscrappers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #723
webbmom
Mouseketeer

We just got back, and pin trading was a highlight of our trip.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #724
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
my kids are older and I thought pin trading would be great for them. But then I read this!! I was going to get some on ebay to take but now I dont know what to do!
Don't let it get in the way of the fun. While it's important not to pollute the lanyards with fake pins (which prevents other traders from getting legit pins) it will ruin your fun if you worry about it. Next time, just make sure you are buying real pins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockscrappers View Post
I agree with TeenaS I've just came back from WDW and there are so many scrappers that I have decided to collect the pins that I am missing (scrappers or not) I have decided that the fun is in the hunt if I can be a more savvy trader and avoid some bad pins by being aware of what they look like then so be it. I don't pay a fortune for my traders and only buy from ebayers that I feel are honestly trying to sell good pins. Anyway take that for what it is worth and have a great time!

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #725
MountNittany

Anything more on thewill?

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #726
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
Anything more on thewill?
I bought 4-5 pins from him. Quick shipping, but I can not be sure if scrappers or not, since all of the ones I bought were still on their cards. I did not buy any loose

Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #727
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
I bought 4-5 pins from him. Quick shipping, but I can not be sure if scrappers or not, since all of the ones I bought were still on their cards. I did not buy any loose
I trust that they are all real, but there was a debate about whether or not the same person bid up all of his pins so that he could get a higher price.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #728
opaleyes
Mouseketeer

Had more recent, good experiences with:
kather99
newdestinynow
joynpeace
meekd100
akai34711

I need to stop buying individual pins on ebay, or I won't have any left on my wish list when I get to the parks!
opaleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #729
nym4588
Mouseketeer

Has anyone had any dealings with "Majestic78." I did a thread search on this site and nothing came up so hopefully this hasn't already been asked and answered. The seller has a lot of hidden Mickey pins that are sold for around .99 each. However, I don't see any pin lots, which might be a good sign. He also doesn't have an overwhelming amount of current auctions. I'm not sure if he's legit or not. Thanks!
nym4588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #730
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym4588 View Post
Has anyone had any dealings with "Majestic78." I did a thread search on this site and nothing came up so hopefully this hasn't already been asked and answered. The seller has a lot of hidden Mickey pins that are sold for around .99 each. However, I don't see any pin lots, which might be a good sign. He also doesn't have an overwhelming amount of current auctions. I'm not sure if he's legit or not. Thanks!
I've never had experience with him before... not sure if he is legit or not.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #731
MountNittany

I just ordered a bunch of pins from a bunch of sellers. I ordered the majority from sleepys_emporium (they have really cheap grab bags!) with eBay bucks and Bing Cashback rewards, and I know that they will be authentic. Then, I had fun ordering 10 pins from 8 different sellers that have the cheapest individual pins just to test out the sellers. I will report on each one as soon as I get the pin.

Here are the 8 sellers:
mousepins4u
realfastpins
travelinwynns
zoom_time
ezpinner
jeffreyyoung
sunshinesunwear
gold747

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #732
MountNittany

I can probably say that ezpinner and travelinwynns are the same seller because I received the exact same email from them both, except that the name at the end was changed.

Quote:
Hi,
We received your payment, thank you. Your package will be shipped tomorrow. Please notify us when your package arrives.
Thanks again
(Freddie/Johnna)

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #733
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
I trust that they are all real, but there was a debate about whether or not the same person bid up all of his pins so that he could get a higher price.
Oh, I totally forgot about that until you said it. As far as I can tell, there was no issue with shill bidding. Yes, I had one or two others bidding against me at the same time, but they had decent feedback and looked like they were like me, trying to get great deals on these pins.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #734
vmk_wdw
trading disney pins for vinylmation items

This may sound odd but i am selln disney pins in bulk on ebay I have decided that i do not want to collect the pins any long. I thought it would help you all out in your collecting. id be happy to share my ebay name if anyone is interested.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #735
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Oh, I totally forgot about that until you said it. As far as I can tell, there was no issue with shill bidding. Yes, I had one or two others bidding against me at the same time, but they had decent feedback and looked like they were like me, trying to get great deals on these pins.
Alright, I must have misunderstood the posts.

LET'S GO PENS!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: