Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #661
Cardsfann18
Cardinals and Disney fan for life!!!

Hey, I'm the young trader who posted on IlovemythreeC's account (mom), I went ahead and made my own . I recently bought a lot from sunshinesunwear and had a good transiaction.But, a got some low LE's which leads me to think their scrappers. When I sent her a question about it, she kinda avoided the question. I'd put her/him on the questionable list.
Cardsfann18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #662
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsfann18 View Post
Hey, I'm the young trader who posted on IlovemythreeC's account (mom), I went ahead and made my own . I recently bought a lot from sunshinesunwear and had a good transiaction.But, a got some low LE's which leads me to think their scrappers. When I sent her a question about it, she kinda avoided the question. I'd put her/him on the questionable list.
Sorry to hear about the bad experience, had a couple myself. I was fortunate to receive a refund by nicely asking for it. They will probably want the product back before they do so.....
You're right about the low le pins, the lower the LE the pin the more statistically improbable that the pins are real especially if you receive more than one of the same LE in the lot.
blockscrappers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #663
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

That's why when I buy LE's now, I make sure I buy ones still on the cards, so I can match the UPC with what PinPics has on file.
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #664
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
That's why when I buy LE's now, I make sure I buy ones still on the cards, so I can match the UPC with what PinPics has on file.
That's good advice. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #665
Cardsfann18

Yeah, definetly lower the LE, the better chance it's a scrapper. Broncobilly,that really is a great idea about buying the one's on the cards, something to remember.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #666
5mizmol3
57 Mouseketeer

Collecting pins for personal enjoyment

I can't really get to Disneyland all that easily.....but I love the pins for their own sake, and just collecting nice ones. I too am concerned about scrappers especially since I am looking at these as kind of an investment to pass on to be grandson someday....so I am trying to be REAL careful on ebay about what I buy. Everybody's tips have been really helpful. Does anyone have an idea about a legit seller who deals with pins people just want to collect rather than trade?

5mizmol3
5mizmol3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #667
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mizmol3 View Post
I can't really get to Disneyland all that easily.....but I love the pins for their own sake, and just collecting nice ones. I too am concerned about scrappers especially since I am looking at these as kind of an investment to pass on to be grandson someday....so I am trying to be REAL careful on ebay about what I buy. Everybody's tips have been really helpful. Does anyone have an idea about a legit seller who deals with pins people just want to collect rather than trade?
BizzyBee1 is the best I've found. He has SO many wonderful pins and they always come on the cards. He's a great seller of really nice newer and older pins still on cards

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #668
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So far, in my experience, I would have to say thewill because all his pins come on the backs and can be easily authenticated.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #669
Cardsfann18

I agree with blockscrappers, thewill is great and so is pinderella's_castle. they will give you 100% legitimate pins every time.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #670
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem View Post
so as a newbie to pin trading i hae been reading some of this thread to find out about buying pins to take with me on ebay...

some sellers sell scrappers for less than $1 per pin but some of your legit sellers are selling their pins for $0.01 too and with combined shipping they could be as low as $0.51 each for pins marked with the official trading pin logo and on card backs....so how are the legit sellers getting pins so cheap when they are at least $7 in the parks?
They probably list their pins at $.99, expecting them to be bid up. There are lower listing fees as well for lower starting prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMiller View Post
I'm actually glad there's no more tables - the whole thing looked shady, and really not very Disney like. Seriously, the last time I was there I expected one of the 'dealers' to offer to play me three card monte.

KC
So am I, but I got some good deals from some traders there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
That's a great idea! I'd still check the coloration/quality/quality of backstamp to make sure that they are legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsfann18 View Post
I agree with blockscrappers, thewill is great and so is pinderella's_castle. they will give you 100% legitimate pins every time.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #671
Cardsfann18

Hey MountNittany, pullin' for Sid the kid and the Pens tonight.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #672
michelle06
DIS Veteran

I am new to this. Can someone tell me more what pins should look like on the back? Does having the "copyright Disney" (the c in the circle) make it official or is that on the counterfeit ones also?

I have some pins with engraved mickey heads on the back, is that good or bad or should it be on all of them?

I keep reading about this "border" on the back that is a dead giveaway, but with no real description or picture.

I have looked at pinpics but it only describes the front. Would like to know more about the back of pins.

Thanks!
michelle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #673
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle06 View Post
I am new to this. Can someone tell me more what pins should look like on the back? Does having the "copyright Disney" (the c in the circle) make it official or is that on the counterfeit ones also?

I have some pins with engraved mickey heads on the back, is that good or bad or should it be on all of them?

I keep reading about this "border" on the back that is a dead giveaway, but with no real description or picture.

I have looked at pinpics but it only describes the front. Would like to know more about the back of pins.

Thanks!
Can you post a picture of the back of the pin in question?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #674
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I buy most of mine from MUBUNNY and I just saw he listed a few lots of 20 on ebay. Normally I bid on lots of 5 from him but sometimes I buy larger lots by emailing him and asking if he has any. The pins have all been legit pins.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #675
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle06 View Post

Thanks!
When they are talking about borders, they are talking about how close the mickey heads on the back come to the edge of the pin. The mickey heads should be close together not spread out with the pin having little and better yet no border at all. The mickey heads will be cut off partially and not complete as they come to the edge of the pin.
Hope this helps a little.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: