Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #571
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

hmmm....
just read that someone else was outbid U**D, I will have to watch out for this id in the future thanks.
blockscrappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #572
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

When the thread owner comes back he will update the thread and put cfc on the red list. I've purchased from the Will previously and only had good things to say, I haven't purchased from him lately because we aren't trading in the parks and that's what I was buying from him. I never had any problems and I too would go thru and bid on tons of his pins at a time (we had APs and went monthly for 2 years). I hope he's not shill bidding to drive his prices up....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #573
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
When the thread owner comes back he will update the thread and put cfc on the red list. I've purchased from the Will previously and only had good things to say, I haven't purchased from him lately because we aren't trading in the parks and that's what I was buying from him. I never had any problems and I too would go thru and bid on tons of his pins at a time (we had APs and went monthly for 2 years). I hope he's not shill bidding to drive his prices up....
Thanks, I bought from thewill and now just have to get the pins - am excited. Is there a way to tell if you are being shilled beside just maybe looking out for a certain ID?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #574
Jenn4615
DIS Veteran

Automatic bidding is irrelevant. If he was purchasing the pins that would be fine if he was auto bidding... the point is...whenever U**D wins he never pays because it is ALWAYS offered as a second chance offer in 24 hours... I am sorry but I have sold on ebay... it takes more than a day for a seller to know that someone isn't going to pay for an item in order to even know you are going to offer a second chance offer. and if U**D is screwing thewill over and over and over again... He would of been blocked...it's not like this has been taking place over a couple days...this has been going on for WEEKS since it was figured out.
If he has friends and relatives bidding for him that is still schill bidding...
I am not saying to not buy from him... My point is he shouldn't be in the green... yes his pins are legit... But he is not honest.

Jenn4615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #575
blockscrappers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn4615 View Post
Automatic bidding is irrelevant. If he was purchasing the pins that would be fine if he was auto bidding... the point is...whenever U**D wins he never pays because it is ALWAYS offered as a second chance offer in 24 hours... I am sorry but I have sold on ebay... it takes more than a day for a seller to know that someone isn't going to pay for an item in order to even know you are going to offer a second chance offer. and if U**D is screwing thewill over and over and over again... He would of been blocked...it's not like this has been taking place over a couple days...this has been going on for WEEKS since it was figured out.
If he has friends and relatives bidding for him that is still schill bidding...
I am not saying to not buy from him... My point is he shouldn't be in the green... yes his pins are legit... But he is not honest.
O.K. I see, so he is being allowed to withdraw his bid and not pay. You're thinking he might be trying to drive up thewill's price to drive off his customers? I didn't know you could just withdraw your bid for an arbitary reason? I believe what you're saying just trying to learn about this stuff - I don't want te be shilled either. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #576
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Someone who had bought from thewill and been offered a 2nd chance should call ebay and just tell them.
They have investigators for just that reason ~ shill bidding.
It won't hurt ~ if he's guilty he will not be able to list auctions for a while, but he should still be able to sell buy it nows. If he is not guilty they won't do anything.
It would be doing everyone a favor to just have it checked out. I would tell ebay if it had happened to me ~ it wouldn't hurt ~ only help

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #577
DiskneeFan
Mouseketeer

A seller can offer a second chance for reasons other than non payment.
There is a possibilty that he has more than 1 pin per auction and that could be the reason for the second chance offer. I have never purchased from him and I am not defending him, but there could be another side to the story.
I wouldnt be too quick to judge.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #578
Jenn4615
DIS Veteran

He could offer the pin to someone else...if he had extras yes... However thats very unlikely and that is also against ebay rules...

Old 04-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #579
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He could offer the pin to someone else...if he had extras yes... However thats very unlikely and that is also against ebay rules...
How is that against the rules? If I have two of the exact same, and one sells for $10, and there was a second bidder at $9.50, why can't I offer it to that second bidder for $9.50, via E-Bay's system?

According to E-Bay's Help System:

Quote:
When to use a Second Chance Offer

You can make a Second Chance Offer to someone when:
  • Your item didnít sell because the reserve price wasnít met
  • You have duplicate items for sale
  • The winning bidder didnít pay you
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #580
DiskneeFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Why is it unlikely that he has duplicate pins? He sells pins! I wasnt aware that it is against ebay rules to give second chance offers if you have duplicates, I have been given the chance more than once, namely from sleepys emporium. Not arguing or defending, just learning.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #581
Spiffie
Wishing to be in my happy place!!

Quote:
According the eBay's website, it is perfectly acceptable to make second chance offers if a seller has more than one of an item.

I realize that the subject of good/bay eBay sellers is very sensitive, but we all need to check our facts before we give advice here!

Here is eBay's link

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/second-chance.html
Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #582
DiskneeFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
How is that against the rules? If I have two of the exact same, and one sells for $10, and there was a second bidder at $9.50, why can't I offer it to that second bidder for $9.50, via E-Bay's system?

Thats what I thought
Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #583
Jenn4615
DIS Veteran

I say its unlikely that for the fact that he is upping his OWN bids.... not that he doesnt have duplicate pins of course he probably does...
this is the most abusrd convo on... You all defend him to the end I don't care... Buy from him whatever... U guys wanted a list of honest and dishonest sellers... I am out on this convo....this board is ridiculous sometimes...
As far as the duplicate items... If you look further into your quoted ebay terms... you will see that Sellers with stores...are supposed to List how many quantity of an item they have if they are going to do it that way... Ebay wants their money... nothing is free... for the seller...and ebay would lose money this way by the buyer not having to pay all the fees on the item, not being listed properly..
Anyway I am out... I was looking for pins... I got my pins from the will they are legit... anyone who wants to buy from him go ahead.. .I too will still buy from him.. But I am not an idiot and I see whats going on...
See ya people...live in ur lala nieve worlds! OUT

Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #584
DiskneeFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post

And.....as a buyer it is up to me to decide if I am happy with the price, if I feel its too high or has been bid up, I can always decline.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #585
DiskneeFan
Mouseketeer

Just a note about bidding and second chance offers......if you enter your maximum bid and you are out bid due to shill or legit and you are given a 2nd chance offer to buy at your maximum bid......why not buy it, its what you were willing to pay anyway.
And only E-bay knows for sure if U**D is paying or not....we have no way of knowing.
Just a thought.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: