Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #481
ilovetivo
Mouseketeer

thank you!!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #482
mommyintn
DIS Veteran

I just got my pins from Mouse Pins Online yesterday and they look great to me. Of course I will scrutinize a little closer but they were great looking shiny pins. None of them looked junked or scratched. One of the pins I already had and it's identical to the pin I received in the grab bag.

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney
mommyintn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #483
i_hrt_mickey
Mouseketeer

I looked at the list on the 1st page and briefly at the last couple of pages and didn't see anyone mention Elisabeth Turner or 423disneypinfreak. Does anyone have any information on either one of these sellers? Sorry I didn't have time to read all the pages to see if they are listed else where.

Thanks for any information you may have.

~June 2010 Thanks to a little PIXIE DUST
~ June '09 Family Vacation US/IOA HRH
~ June/July '08 Pop's Family Vacation (Me, DH, DNiece, DSis, DAunt, DUncle) Celebrated the 4th of July with "MICKEY"
~ 9/07 CSR MNSSHP, ~ 10/06 POP'S MNSSHP x 2 ~ 20th Anniversary,~ 8/03 off Site
~ 10/01 The Grovesnor ~15th Anniversary
i_hrt_mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #484
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Did anyone notice that nannub changed his name to parrotsandpins ? His store is still called nannubsdizpinz but his ebay ID has been changed...

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #485
anotherpinforme
Earning My Ears

seriously

Are you guys serious? Do you think nannub is a guy? LOL its a woman number one! Number 2 you dont like their pins thats great but its out right slander to say all their pins are fake or knock offs. If you go through disney world right now all you see is crap pins... sellers from all over the country are slinging crappy pins. You follow their screen names with changes? Are you this lowly! I really dont care what you think about me but I atleast think the truth should come out. Nannub hasnt even traded pins since october. I know this because i have talked to her and she is getting out of her collection.... You need to relax because each and everyone of you knows that they buy cheap [pins. I do! I know that nannub supports over 50 sellers on ebay and the funny part is 13 of the green listed are her customers.
anotherpinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #486
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Living Our Dream

Last edited by earthfaries; 03-28-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #487
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Awww! Why did you delete your post?

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #488
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Awww! Why did you delete your post?

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!

You saw that, lol
I don't want to get into the middle of anything ~ I was just sharing something I had found while shopping on eBay the other day ~~ I know that this thread is all about keeping interested parties informed so I was just adding to it
I have never said who to buy from or not ~ it's each individual's choice ~~ I know there are crappy pins out there on eBay and on lanyards ~~ you never know what you're getting or where it's come from ~ unless you buy it from Disney, and even then it comes from the same factories that make the scrappers in China ...

Living Our Dream

Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #489
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherpinforme View Post
Are you guys serious? Do you think nannub is a guy? LOL its a woman number one! Number 2 you dont like their pins thats great but its out right slander to say all their pins are fake or knock offs. If you go through disney world right now all you see is crap pins... sellers from all over the country are slinging crappy pins. You follow their screen names with changes? Are you this lowly! I really dont care what you think about me but I atleast think the truth should come out. Nannub hasnt even traded pins since october. I know this because i have talked to her and she is getting out of her collection.... You need to relax because each and everyone of you knows that they buy cheap [pins. I do! I know that nannub supports over 50 sellers on ebay and the funny part is 13 of the green listed are her customers.
You obviously didn't read everything we said about nannub....and I've PURCHASED from this seller previously...so yes, I'm pretty sure I know about this seller from MY OWN EXPERIENCE. All I've ever posted is MY OWN EXPERIENCE......that's all any of us are posting.
No one is slandering anyone, we are simply giving feedback on OUR EXPERIENCES, that's all. And yes, if we notice a s/n change we post it, why is it bad to protect ourselves and our hard earned money?

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #490
SiAmCrAzY
Mouseketeer

this thread has seriously taken some of the fun out of pin trading for me. How do I know now that the pin I paid $5,$6,or$7 from WDW is is not being traded for a 2 cent scrapper off a CM's lanyard?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #491
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiAmCrAzY View Post
this thread has seriously taken some of the fun out of pin trading for me. How do I know now that the pin I paid $5,$6,or$7 from WDW is is not being traded for a 2 cent scrapper off a CM's lanyard?
You don't know ~~ so just look at the pin and make sure it looks nice ~ and if it does and you like it trade for it and who cares! That's what I do

Living Our Dream

Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #492
Jenn4615
DIS Veteran

I am having an intresting experience on EBAY with Seller THEWILL
I read alot of people have had good experience with him and think his pins are legit... SO I've been bidding on his pins. I have lost ALL of the auctions to a U**D (since u can no longer see other bidders names this is what I see) anyway.... I am now being offered second chance offers from theWill within a day of my not winning the Pins... I have gotten SEVERAL second chance offers now on everything I have bid on. So I am guessing he is trying to bid up his items. Honestly they are still cheap and I don't CAre... But I thought you All might want to know and didnt know if you wanted to flag him for this. I am still purchasing the pins.
Thanks!

Jenn4615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #493
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn4615 View Post
I read alot of people have had good experience with him and think his pins are legit... SO I've been bidding on his pins. I have lost ALL of the auctions to a U**D (since u can no longer see other bidders names this is what I see) anyway.... I am now being offered second chance offers from theWill within a day of my not winning the Pins... I have gotten SEVERAL second chance offers now on everything I have bid on. So I am guessing he is trying to bid up his items. Honestly they are still cheap and I don't CAre... But I thought you All might want to know and didnt know if you wanted to flag him for this. I am still purchasing the pins.
Thanks!
That sounds for sure like he is bidding on his own items. Is the winner always the same person ?
You should definitely call eBay and report that possibility ~ they will investigate.
Thanks for letting us know!

Living Our Dream

Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #494
Jenn4615
DIS Veteran

Ya, its the same bidder... UGH

Jenn4615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #495
Tammylynn
New trip in the works! Disneyland 4/29 - 5/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn4615 View Post
Thanks!
It is possible (but admittedly unlikely) that this is a legit transaction. U**D may have bid on a bunch of pins but refused to pay, or not be willing to pay via PayPal, or whatever.
Then the seller would have a legitimate reason to offer a second chance. It's also possible that the seller has multiple items and is avoiding e-bays fees by doing a second chance as opposed to re-posting and paying the fees. I'm not sure how that works, though.

If I were you, I'd report it here: http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...portItemMember and mention that you aren't sure, but you were suspicious since it was the same member that outbid you each time.
I'm not sure if e-bay will let you know the result of their investigation.

Just my 2cents. I kind of want to bid on his auctions now to see if that U**D gets involved again.

Tammylynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: