Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #451
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Vala I didn't look last night. I've got DeGuervais (sp, I'm sure that's wrong lol) tendonitis and had a hard day yesterday, by 7 pm my whole right arm was aching so bad I just sat on my couch and put heat on it. I'll try to remember to look again this weekend.....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #452
Vala
DIS Veteran

Oh dear, please take it slow by all means. I sometimes get tendonitis too, and this is not fun. Feel better soon, and rest the arm as much as you can. A pin number is not that important that you have to be in pain because of it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #453
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

It's not so bad right now. I wore my brace all day and that helped quite a bit.
So here's a link to one that we have, in this photo the clouds don't have glitter, but ours does have glitter, so that made me wonder if it was real or not.
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p....1267237406.v2
We also have the Kaa, Tink, Jack, Stitch and Ariel. I don't know if that's the whole set or not but those are the ones we have. The Kaa does have a lot of divets so I wondered about that as well, otherwise they look good.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #454
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Any tips for successful selling? I've got several of the Visa cardholder exclusive pins and haven't had much luck listing them. I buy direct from DisneyPins and because I have the Disney Visa card, I can get a discount if I buy 5, so I always do figuring I can either trade or sell on ebay. But lately, no luck selling them.

Is there a certain way I should be listing them?

As for trading, we won't be heading to Disney anytime soon, is there another way to trade that is safe and recommended?

TIA

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #455
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
So here's a link to one that we have, in this photo the clouds don't have glitter, but ours does have glitter, so that made me wonder if it was real or not.
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p....1267237406.v2
We also have the Kaa, Tink, Jack, Stitch and Ariel. I don't know if that's the whole set or not but those are the ones we have. The Kaa does have a lot of divets so I wondered about that as well, otherwise they look good.
I was really hoping that it was this series because this is one of the few jumbos I actually have a clue about.

Those pins are all supposed to have glitter. The hints in the Black Pearl description are "extra sparkle" and "Enamel cloisonné with glittering accents". The picture showing is the production art and no one bothered to update the listing once the pins were sent out.

I do have that pin too, directly from DS.com, and the clouds definitely do have glitter on them. My Kaa does have divets too, seems this was a wanted effect. You have the whole series by the way.

If there's no other signs of a scrapper, your pins should be A okay.

The reason you have got them quite cheap very likely was that they were ridiculously discounted for a while, some even ended up in the Outlet.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #456
Joan92120
Earning My Ears

My first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
Seems to me that they only way you can be sure you are getting the real thing is to buy from Disney and basically not trade. Is that right?
I have just spent quite some time reading almost all of this thread. We returned from WDW last week. While there we spent much more than I wish to think about on pins for our 3 children to trade pins. But it was worth it as they had a blast.

After reading this thread I feel overwhelmed. As annual passholders at Disneyland we go quite frequently. I was looking at purchasing some pins on ebay for our children to trade as we just cannot afford buying them all at the park. But it almost sounds like you have to if you want to ensure you are trading good pins
I don't want my children trading "bad" pins, but I also cannot pay $5 plus per pin just so they can trade. This question is to all who post here, if you were to purchase about 40 pins for trading who is the one eBay seller you would recommend? Thanks for your help.
Joan92120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #457
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
I was really hoping that it was this series because this is one of the few jumbos I actually have a clue about.

Those pins are all supposed to have glitter. The hints in the Black Pearl description are "extra sparkle" and "Enamel cloisonné with glittering accents". The picture showing is the production art and no one bothered to update the listing once the pins were sent out.

I do have that pin too, directly from DS.com, and the clouds definitely do have glitter on them. My Kaa does have divets too, seems this was a wanted effect. You have the whole series by the way.

If there's no other signs of a scrapper, your pins should be A okay.

The reason you have got them quite cheap very likely was that they were ridiculously discounted for a while, some even ended up in the Outlet.
OMG I'm so excited right now!!!! I really thought they were bad! YAY!!!!!! We are all excited. We almost just traded them away, so glad we didn't! thanks for the info Vala! :chee r2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan92120 View Post
I have just spent quite some time reading almost all of this thread. We returned from WDW last week. While there we spent much more than I wish to think about on pins for our 3 children to trade pins. But it was worth it as they had a blast.

After reading this thread I feel overwhelmed. As annual passholders at Disneyland we go quite frequently. I was looking at purchasing some pins on ebay for our children to trade as we just cannot afford buying them all at the park. But it almost sounds like you have to if you want to ensure you are trading good pins
I don't want my children trading "bad" pins, but I also cannot pay $5 plus per pin just so they can trade. This question is to all who post here, if you were to purchase about 40 pins for trading who is the one eBay seller you would recommend? Thanks for your help.
Welcome! thank You for checking us out! visit page 1 and chose the sellers listen in green, search for them on eBay and make your purchases. enjoy trading!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #458
Dzny-pins-UK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
Does anyone know if there are scrapper DeeBee pins circulating? Pinpics doesn't have any listed or a warning statement. Red list sellers are auctioning some on Ebay, especially the first series. Are these pins safe to buy? From these sellers?
Hi Disneyrunner, If you are looking for any Dee Bees I have quiet a few, I was at WDW Sept/Oct when they were released.
I've not heard they have been scrapped either btw.

I'm looking to sell them if your interested.
Dzny-pins-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 AM   #459
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
OMG I'm so excited right now!!!! I really thought they were bad! YAY!!!!!! We are all excited. We almost just traded them away, so glad we didn't! thanks for the info Vala! :chee r2:
You're very welcome. I'm glad I could be the bearer of good news for once.

That series is really nice, I quite like the style too. I never understood why they were so unpopular that they ended up in the outlet. My guess was because this was one of the first series where DS.com did raise the price.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #460
Dzny-pins-UK
Earning My Ears

Hi Disneyrunner, I have sent you mail through here (well I think I have) if you do not get it, please contact me via the email on Dis.
Many thanks.
Dzny-pins-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #461
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

I just wanted to let you all know that I bought a lot of 100 pins from seller thewill off of ebay, and all pins were authentic. They all came on original backings. I compared them to pinpics and also checked the upc codes and all was good. I paid around 2.45 per pin. Yes, more expensive, but cheaper than in the parks!
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #462
tiredsigh
Mouseketeer

I'm in a pickle

I bid and won several pins on EBay from disneypinpros. I am still bidding on several more so haven't paid yet. I was waiting until I was done since the seller offers combined shipping.

Then I read about scrappers I'm pretty sure that what I am buying are scrappers I don't want to purchase scrappers!

I just sent the seller asking about authenticity. Should I contact EBay? What have other people done?

Thanks!
tiredsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #463
samefay
Mouseketeer

another vote for thewill

after the post about thewill, I sent him a message about purchasing a lot of pins and he responded quickly. He just sent me an invoice and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for posting his information. Can't wait to get the pins for my DD - now I just have to hide them until our trip.

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT JUNE 2000, OCT 2005
WILDERNESS LODGE RESORT NOV. 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
AKL August 2011 , SHADES OF GREEN MAY 04 May 05
Poly SEPT 2004 POFQ JUNE 2009
samefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #464
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samefay View Post
after the post about thewill, I sent him a message about purchasing a lot of pins and he responded quickly. He just sent me an invoice and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for posting his information. Can't wait to get the pins for my DD - now I just have to hide them until our trip.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. There were so many pins we liked and wanted to keep in our lot. lol
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #465
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Update coming NOW... sorry, I have been pretty busy lately... I'll try to get on about once a week and update it from now on.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: