Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2010, 02:22 AM   #406
5mizmol3
57 Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Experiences with Internet Sellers

I have found the following sellers to be very good on Ebay

youngqueen

mickeystore1

amiga_girl

disneymousehouse

earstwoyou

mouskapins

mousebuys

ridinghood57

steamboatwillie39

disneymagic101

kcpizpins
5mizmol3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #407
5mizmol3
57 Mouseketeer

Great pin seller http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/thumbsup2.gif

Also wanted to mention a very positive experience with iloveanimation0 on ebay.

I bought a Chip N Dale pin from them, but they wrote and told me it had been misplaced, and they were so distraught about it, they wanted to know what they could do to make it right and make sure I was happy. They offered to replace the pin with another Chip N Dale pin, a LE 250 free of charge. It is a genuine Disney pin. I received it today. This guy Mike is tops. I noticed he was mentioned in other posts, and since people have helped me sort out who is who on ebay, I wanted to share. Many many sellers will not even answer emails so you know something is up!

But iloveanimation0 is terrific.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #408
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
LOL I didn't see that one earthfairies....LOL I definitely would love that one. LOL
Yes, it's great!!
We're going to wear it when pin trading at the pin trading nights because we ~ and the children always seem to come across a pin shark at least once per night there.
My kids said when the pin shark starts their bull about how their regular pin is more special or "hard" than theirs they will press the top of the pin to look like they are spraying the repellent and make a spraying noise

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #409
KYMSRX
I don't know if I want to go to Disneyland for my kids, or if I make my kids go for me. :)

Smile These are helpful

Thank you!

Kimberly

KYMSRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #410
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Yes, it's great!!
We're going to wear it when pin trading at the pin trading nights because we ~ and the children always seem to come across a pin shark at least once per night there.
My kids said when the pin shark starts their bull about how their regular pin is more special or "hard" than theirs they will press the top of the pin to look like they are spraying the repellent and make a spraying noise

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #411
5mizmol3
57 Mouseketeer

Trustworthy sellers..........

iloveanimation0 has an online ebay store called the mouse warehouse (dot com)
I too have been happy with treasures for family. I just bought a Figaro map gwp pin from princepins. Any feedback? I checked the site, he never mentioned backing cards or anything so I am wondering if anyone has had any experience. Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #412
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my pin fiasco with the terrible seller tradepinsforyou.

It's also more of a vent on my part. LOL

I shipped the counterfeit pins back to the seller, priority mail with signature required conformation. The package was signed for and received two days after I shipped it. I emailed the seller the #, and also has USPS email me a picture of the signature. Smart, right?

After a few days of not getting my refund, I emailed the seller stating that the package had been received, and when should i be expecting the refund so I can be on the look out for it?

He finally emails me back this morning saying, looks like a bad tracking number from usps, or something like that, and says he hasn't gotten it yet. SO... I just filed a claim with paypal, stating I have two forms of proof of delievery with his signature on it.
Ugh.

So... avoid this guy like the plague!!!
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #413
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

WHT?? He was telling you he didn't get them back? OMG, I'm so glad you got all that confirmation from the USPS! Keep us updated on this, I'd like to know how it works out. Remember, if Paypal doesn't help get in touch with your cc company, I had to do that once and had my $$ back right away.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #414
clomahony
Mouseketeer

Hello all,

Just found this thread and I'm just dismayed at the thought that I might have bought scrappers from e-bay. My kids 9 and 6 love pin trading but I was originally buying pins from the Disney parks which were really expensive and then they were trading them for pins that were worth much less (ie part of a set of pins vs an individual pin) so I bought about 60 pins from e-bay. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name and we're blocked from e-bay at work. When I got the pins, we went through them and although they looked real, they seemed lighter than the pins we got at Disney.

Are my kids going to be able to trade these pins? They only trade with cast members and not other park guests.

Thanks for your help!

August 2006 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
November 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Disneyland, November 2007 - Sheraton Vistana
April 2008 - All Stars Movies
May 2009 - All Stars Movies
June 2010 - Vistana
January 2011 - Disneyland, December 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

clomahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #415
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by clomahony View Post
Are my kids going to be able to trade these pins? They only trade with cast members and not other park guests.

Thanks for your help!
As long as there is the Disney Copyright on the back the CM's will trade with the children. But keep in mind that if your children are trading with the CM's scrappers than other children, who are trading their authentic pins with the CM's may possibly be getting your scrappers.

While I understand every parent wants their child to enjoy the experience of trading pins it shouldn't come at the expensive of others. Their are children who save up their allowance to purchase authentic pins only to be traded for scrappers. My daughter does this and I am very leary of letting her trade with CM's these days because you just don't know what is out there.

Last edited by Anjelica; 02-18-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #416
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clomahony View Post
Hello all,

Just found this thread and I'm just dismayed at the thought that I might have bought scrappers from e-bay. My kids 9 and 6 love pin trading but I was originally buying pins from the Disney parks which were really expensive and then they were trading them for pins that were worth much less (ie part of a set of pins vs an individual pin) so I bought about 60 pins from e-bay. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name and we're blocked from e-bay at work. When I got the pins, we went through them and although they looked real, they seemed lighter than the pins we got at Disney.

Thanks for your help!
As a trader I would ask that you not trade them. Contact your seller and let them know you suspect they may be scrappers and you wish to return them. Then use the list of green sellers to buy your traders. I understand wanting to save $$ but please think of everyone else who is trading. You never know, you may have good pins.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #417
clomahony
Mouseketeer

How can I determine if they are official pins. I wouldn't trade them unless they were ok. Thanks again!

August 2006 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
November 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Disneyland, November 2007 - Sheraton Vistana
April 2008 - All Stars Movies
May 2009 - All Stars Movies
June 2010 - Vistana
January 2011 - Disneyland, December 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

clomahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #418
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

You can try posting photos here (start a new thread if you chose to do this please) and let us see them but I don't know how much that would help. You can also go to pinpics.com, on the upper left you'll see a "search" link, click it, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the next page and hit next, scroll all the way to the bottom of then next page and enter a description of your pin and hit browse, that will pull up photos of all the pins matching your description, you can then click on the photo of the pin and you can view the pin page, there you can scroll to read a description of the pin and see any scrapper notes that traders have added. pinpics is not affiliated with Disney, it's simply a site for pin collectors. If your search only pulls up a word listing of pins (no photos) then you can find the button to switch it to photos in the upper right corner. I hope that helps.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #419
surfergirl602

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
WHT?? He was telling you he didn't get them back? OMG, I'm so glad you got all that confirmation from the USPS! Keep us updated on this, I'd like to know how it works out. Remember, if Paypal doesn't help get in touch with your cc company, I had to do that once and had my $$ back right away.
I just got my refund through paypal. I filed the claim, didn't want to wait to escalate it, so I called paypal. They had me email the pictures of the signature etc. and I got my refund back. Phew!

Now I have been searching to find small lots of real pins, but I haven't been having much luck.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #420
surfergirl602

OP, can we get the first post updated with the green/red sellers? Its hard to search this entire thread for names.

My Author Blog!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: